Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

Quote[/b] ]Why did you put in the limitations for AI joing player in the newest (1.072) dev version?

Or is it at least selectable if I want to use these limitations?

(Personally I don't like the limitation that I can only take over soldiers from a group when I outrank the leader. I.e. there are coop missions where my buddy who's the same rank as me agrees to pass over a soldier to my squad.)

We are debating this at the moment.

You can find the link on page 62, 2nd post. The 1.07 DR/INQ config works with 1.071 as pointed out by snYpir further down the page.

Thanks, but the link is down now. Can anyone mirror it?

Scripters!  

Best u can do best.

Don't stop.

Only ego + hegemony

Beginning yes for the community

Now? ghostface.gif

To repeat, the new release of ECP (1.07) is out. The main changes:

<SNIP>)

[*]AI units join player's group

<SNIP>

How do you get this to work? Is there something special I have to do editing wise in my missions?

You just step close to an AI unit, and you will get an option in your action menu that says "<soldier name> join group" I think smile_o.gif

I've been playing alot in the editor lately (lots of REALLY great addons in the last few weeks) with ECP turned on and haven't noticed this option.

Is it really as simple as that ?

It's not an editor option, it's an ingame option. You don't have to build it into the mission, that's what ecp is for...

Have a question regarding the MAP (ECP Compatible) Addon:

I've fallen in love with these units and wanted to replace all default (or other) units in my missions with the Marines. Everything works correctly as long as I have at least one default BIS unit as stated by the ECP team. However.....

In multiplayer, I can't seem to get the scripted player effects to show up (black out when shot, audio muffling, etc.). This works fine in SP, but I can't seem to understand why MP is different. It's unfortunate, as these effects are some of the best I've ever seen for units! Has anyone experienced this  anomoly? Is it specific to the ECP variant or does this apply to the vanilla MAP pack, too? (Apologies if it has been brought up before.)

Additionally, is it possible for the ECP team to get permission from the Marine Assault Pack Team to use the aforementioned scripts for the ECP mod? It'd be great to have these for every unit!

Thanks in advance for any information!

-iXnay

[Edit: Looks like I may have answered my own question. After RTFM, I see that I need to add the pertinent class names to the mission.sqm in order to allow the scripts to function properly. Please disregard the idiot who can't follow directions... Carry on.]

for some reason after like 5 mins using ECP it just closes, for no reason at all and it does it quick too. Any help wuold be quite cool.

Hmm is the water splash from bullets supposed to be this high? 3 rounds fired in a burst. Close to the shore on desert island.

watersplash.jpg

Looks kinda weak to me. A 5.56 bullet in a pool of water standing that close would have you all wet!!! IRL it's not a few drops shooting into the air it would be a SPLASH shooting into the air. Even a 9mm would be a bigger splash than the ECP effect.

Having said that, ECP is still WAY better than the BIS effect of a small puff of smoke/water.

ECP 1071 still consistently crashes to desktop when either of the following are enabled:

- smoking/burning debris

- water splash

Been that way since 1055. Is there any fix to this on the way? I have a group of over 12 people who all consistently crash to desktop when these effects are on. They all have different video and cpu combos, all have various mods installed, we have a mix of pure/fresh OFP 192 installs, and patched up installs. We have a mix of drivers as well. WE also have a mix of folks who've used ecp since 1043 and folks for whom this is the first install of ecp. When we disable these effects in the settings.sqs all is fine.

So to me this seems pretty consistent.

Just wondering if this is even being looked at. We asked before after the 1055 and 1060 releases.

Thanks

Great mod - keep up the good work!

Next - the hard one:

We get an inconsistent crash to desktop upon dieing when using ecp 1071 that wasn't there in 1055. This one is more difficult to pin down the circumstances around the crash other than it sometimes happens when someone gets shot or dies.

Wondering if this is a known issue being worked and/or if anyone else has experienced it and has a workaround.

As a followon - how does one just disable the spectator script? Is it available also in the settings.sqs?

Thanks for any help.

Please include fire dispersion in the next release smile_o.gifsad_o.gif

Next - the hard one:

We get an inconsistent crash to desktop upon dieing when using ecp 1071 that wasn't there in 1055. This one is more difficult to pin down the circumstances around the crash other than it sometimes happens when someone gets shot or dies.

Wondering if this is a known issue being worked and/or if anyone else has experienced it and has a workaround.

As a followon - how does one just disable the spectator script? Is it available also in the settings.sqs?

Thanks for any help.

Ditto here. While our group doesn't have the other CTD you referred to in a previous post, we have the same "upon death" CTD referred to here.

Interestingly enough, there are plenty of missions (simple ones) that don't exhibit this issue. It's really difficult to track down just what addons (if any?) or ingredients to a mission that cause the CTD.

This has been present from 1.057 through 1.071. As soon as we disable ECP altogether, no more CTD's upon death. It also seems that most of the missions that do NOT CTD are missions I've obtained from various online depots, whereas missions created by one of my crew always CTD. Not sure if it's a coincidence, but I'll try to do some more investigative work to find differences between missions.

If any of the ECP crew would like me to submit 2 missions (one that crashes, one that doesn't), I'd be happy to.

Will you release in the next version a option to remove AIs from your squad?

Good question.

Just to tell you I had extensive tests with 1.071 in LAN games and experienced just once a CTD. I'm not even sure if ECP caused this. So this release is really very reliable. Good work!

Just to tell you I had extensive tests with 1.071 in LAN games and experienced just once a CTD. I'm not even sure if ECP caused this. So this release is really very reliable. Good work!

I'm not sure if ECP is "causing" it per se, either. It appears to be a combination of ECP and some other non-compliant MOD. I'd just love to hear if anybody else has experienced a conflict such as this as I can't LIVE without ECP.

If I'm not mistaken, they have already said that it will be in the next version.

It's already implemented in 1.072 dev version.

however there are some limitations in the newest version for joining players to group.