Sign in to follow this  
SKULLS_Viper

Call of duty demo out!

don't blame them. they live right next to a small airport. you know how much those plane sounds irritate people. wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

and yes, E3 movie showed that they benchmarked movie 'Enemy at the gates' for Russian part.

forgot to add. the enemy AIs are definitely scripted. at the last AA gun, if you have FG42, snipe first 3 AIs(AA gunners and ammo loaders) then slowly move up. guess what happens. nothing. then move a little more and some guys suddenly appear.

[...]if you have FG42[...]

Where did you get that from?! crazy_o.gif

there's two in the level- one near the second flakpanzer, the other in the small depression where the German infantry squad makes a last stand right before you assault the final flakpanzer

Ewww, i decided to give it a try considering all the fellow flashpointers said it was good and... crazy_o.gif , i feel so dirty and used, i cant believe i installed a Quake 3 clone in my beloved computer. the A.I. is scripted and respawns atleast 3 or 4 times, the map is a typical small Q3 arena, the gameplay is simple point&click with med packs everywhere, there was even a glowing marker where to place the bombs, and the models where all "chubby" and funny looking tounge_o.gif , outdated graphix, etc...

Good things were A.i. animations and the way they would cover the doors or drag wounded teamates, the explosions and efects and... thats about it.

I cant believe some of you even dared to compare OPF with this arcadish... thing crazy_o.gif , those who did deserve serious punishment mad_o.giftounge_o.gif .

It get old after playing it 3 or 4 times.The iron sights are alittle disapointing though.I would like to see the rear sight movin around alittle, due to breathing.

But this is only partially finished, so there might be more in the future.

Also, I think there might be a potential for a medic.If you see that guy dragging his buddy to saftey, you see him, what appears to be applying bandages.

Also, there is a never ending supply of friendly soldiers. rock.gif

You see every man on your team wiped out, next thing you know, theres more guys, on your side.

I guess they are the soldiers that parachuted out of the planes, and got lost, and managed to find you.I guess.

Ewww, i decided to give it a try considering all the fellow flashpointers said it was good and... crazy_o.gif , i feel so dirty and used, i cant believe i installed a Quake 3 clone in my beloved computer. the A.I. is scripted and respawns atleast 3 or 4 times, the map is a typical small Q3 arena, the gameplay is simple point&click with med packs everywhere, there was even a glowing marker where to place the bombs, and the models where all "chubby" and funny looking tounge_o.gif , outdated graphix, etc...

Good things were A.i. animations and the way they would cover the doors or drag wounded teamates, the explosions and efects and... thats about it.

I cant believe some of you even dared to compare OPF with this arcadish... thing crazy_o.gif , those who did deserve serious punishment mad_o.gif  tounge_o.gif .

Someone agrees with me! Holy crap that's a first.

You guys got to remember that it is just a demo. This is not the finished project. Graphics and scripting may improve in the final completed program.

@ Sep. 02 2003,10:18)]So this is what cheaters do when they aren't ruining otherwise fun games.

Including OFP, from the MP reports here on the forum. sad_o.gif

They most probably also ruin forums, too. wow_o.gif

There's also a no-hud script, so you don't even know how badly wounded you are or which direction to go in (that would have been good the 1st time you played the mission).

They even have a fix for the helmet rank error. tounge_o.gif

@ Sep. 02 2003,10:18)]So this is what cheaters do when they aren't ruining otherwise fun games.

They've already got their own site: CODfiles.com

Incidentally, playing without healthpacks and the hud is a major improvement. Obviously, wound indications (like OFP's shaking, bloody hands/feet or inability to walk) are still sorely lacking, at least in this initial demo.

Codfiles, sounds like a Norweigian site tounge_o.gif

But these kinds of hacks are quite nice for single playin in my opinion. I mean what is the harm in making the game more difficult/realistic in single player. I for one would like to see the game developers giving these options to the players (perhaps they will in the final version)

I don't like how some of them walk. Especially crouched. It looks awfully weird.

It looks like they filled thier shorts. tounge_o.gif

Ok so i downloaded this demo last night. And it worked biggrin_o.gif I started on the lowest settings and made them slightly higher, step by step. So now im on 1024*768 with most settngs on normal and some CPU stuff on low. Im glad it works and i really want the MP demo now smile_o.gif

I think you guys should be beta testers for that game the last 12 pages have been realy fun reading. thank you's

STGN

Anyone install the real nades mod? Now you can't throw the nades anymore like an Olympian champ.

You can also now hold the mouse button down before throwing the grenade. This will take up some of the delay time so that you throw it with no time left for the enemy to toss it back. Of course, don't keep it too long. biggrin_o.gif

There's also a mod to start off with an M1 and a BAR. I like the BAR.

One of the mods affects shooting at your teammates. point the gun at them, click the mouse. Instead of firing, they move away and let you have their position.

Hopefully the developers will take heed of all the little enhancements that have been created, and integrate them in some form into the finshed product.

One of the mods affects shooting at your teammates. point the gun at them, click the mouse. Instead of firing, they move away and let you have their position

You dont need a mod for that it is already coded like this , if you are -near- a teammate , aim at him , a silhouette appear in the crosshair, click fire button , and instead of teamkilling , the soldier will say something to you and will move away to let you take his position.

The AI is very good at hiding : here is the illustration of the old saying

"if i cant see you , maybe ... you cant see me ... i hope" biggrin_o.gif

autruche.jpg