Sign in to follow this  
SKULLS_Viper

Call of duty demo out!

I still have'nt seen another game on par with OFP's AI.

Swat 3 -team- Ai was very good in my opinion

If the game costs less than regular overpriced EA-price then I might consider buying it.

No one is forced to buy it the first day , in general i buy games some months after the release , this way i can have them for a lot cheaper smile_o.gif

I still have'nt seen another game on par with OFP's AI.

Swat 3 -team- Ai was very good in my opinion

AI?? Its not really smart they just got a good shot.

(patchable?)

Not very likely consitering Ubi's history with Raven Shield  sad_o.gif

Eh? I haven´t played it in a while but I think I´ve seen at least 4 major patches come out?

Well, most RVS patches fixes two bugs and adds 542 new ones.

This is interesting news (about Raven Shield). So it's actually playable as a solo game? I have hold off buying that game due to hearing some negative comments on the team AI. I'm not much of a multiplayer so it is important to me.

Any consencus on that?

I liked SWAT3 but i sort of prefer the military approach to things. Police work isn't quite as exciting smile_o.gif.

BM

Yup biggrin_o.gif

What always has amazed me is how BIS managed to keep the file-sizes for their patches so low yet still fixing so many issues. I remember seeing the first patch for WWII-online (do you remember that game) was somewhere around 60MB and if memory serves me right, it fixed log-in issues for online-play biggrin_o.gif

Yup biggrin_o.gif

What always has amazed me is how BIS managed to keep the file-sizes for their patches so low yet still fixing so many issues. I remember seeing the first patch for WWII-online (do you remember that game) was somewhere around 60MB and if memory serves me right, it fixed log-in issues for online-play biggrin_o.gif

Well. We havent seen the first FDF patches yet

It almost counts as a OFP patch nowadays doesn't it? ;)

BM

4 IN 1

Quote[/b] ]er............iron sight in the real world is more likely to be the type in OFP and AAO i think......................

Maybe, but they're not 3d.

This is interesting news (about Raven Shield). So it's actually playable as a solo game? I have hold off buying that game due to hearing some negative comments on the team AI. I'm not much of a multiplayer so it is important to me.

Any consencus on that?

Yes, I think it’s playable in SP. I got tired of the low frame rate and the “run and gun†MP gameplay so I uninstalled the game some time ago. When patch 1.4 came out I thought I would give it a try again. That patch did wonders for my frame rate so I started playing SP again. Its really fun I must say.

The AI is far from perfect though, you should see them do an “open and flashâ€, not a pretty sight crazy_o.gif The one who open the door is also the one that throws the flashbang and very often he get shot before or just after he has thrown the flashbang. But at least the AI is pretty good at covering your back.

Wow this is stunning! wow_o.gif

Bloody hell! The AA tracers arcing through the night sky, the bullet impact cloudlets/debris, the AI movement, the graphic detail, the sound, the streams of Daks and Horsas overflying you...It all combines to make one hellova gaming experience...Perhaps this is just as impressive as the Omaha Beach landings in MOHAA, where the rest of the game is pretty mediocre, but still...WOW! wow_o.gifwow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

That is probably the best demo I've ever played smile_o.gif

4 IN 1
Quote[/b] ]er............iron sight in the real world is more likely to be the type in OFP and AAO i think......................

If you close one eye and aim with the other. What do you see?

You see 2d smile_o.gif

You need both eyes for depth perception (3D) wink_o.gif

Wow. I don't know what kind of mind-altering drugs they've been giving you guys so that you think this game is even halfway decent.

Probably Adrenochrome.

Anyway, the best demo i've ever played is still OFP. I think i played that mission through about 50 times and it was ALWAYS different.

4 IN 1

If you close one eye and aim with the other. What do you see?

You see 2d smile_o.gif

You need both eyes for depth perception (3D)  wink_o.gif

Arn't people trained to see with both eyes open, anyways? So that way they can view the area to their left(or right, considering what hand you use)?

Anyways, I'm gonna start downloading. Always gotta try it for myself.

I think Mohaa was garbage, felt everything but WW2 and that Omaha beach landing felt soo fake, all that work just to kill half a dozen enemys that would respawn right away ewww. Quake 3 with WW2 skins crazy_o.gif , i dont think ill bother crazy_o.gif .

i like mohaa's singleplayer story, but i do really hope it can have a coop mode like halo!!! smile_o.gif

Whoa! That was fun! COD is on my buy list.

I had to lower the graphics options to normal, playing at 1600x1200x32. Set at high/extra/max, it lagged (but so does OFP on max terrain).

The quality of the graphics, sound and gameplay easily beats Novalogic's modern era Black Hawk Down. I played in veteran mode.

Compared to OFP? Too soon to tell and it's different but this is a winner!

Some notes:

- Hate those stupid health kits. I wanna medic.

- You should have to carry charges with you as part of your gear or take them from someone carrying them, not find them glowing on the armor you're to destroy, like something out of my children's Harry Potter game.

- Grenades are a life saver but I don't see any heading my way.

Some questions:

1. What does the Meelee shift key do?

2. How do you jump through windows?

3. Is there a COD forum?

I agree with Fowley at mission end that "you ain't seen nothing yet".

Hmm. Time to download this it seems.

MOHAA was great multi but so so solo. This looks like it could be the opposite.

BM

MOHAA was great multi but so so solo. This looks like it could be the opposite.

Don't have MOH but I would love to play COD in MP.

Great AI! They duck, shift positions and fire while running backwards after confronting them face to face.

Seems like there's no knife or bayonet, looking at the weapons control settings (the kbar in the menu pic would then only be for show).

its a nice demo, but nothing compared to OFP. The wisdoms that appear on the screen when you die feel quite familiar...