Sign in to follow this  
SKULLS_Viper

Call of duty demo out!

And yeah...What rain?  rock.gif  blues.gif

Maybe he meant the bullets. smile_o.gif

Other little things I noticed:

- In the initial advance in the cow pasture ( biggrin_o.gif ), the AI drag dead buddies bodies together behind the fence.

- Sometimes there's a dead paratrooper dangling from his chute on the front left side of the church facade.

Definitely a good MOHAA clone.

I love:

1) Hey, they're throwing back the grenades!!!

2) The atmosphere. The sounds, voices, the "light shows".

Didn't like:

1) Health packets. I aggree, a platoon medic is needed. If you die, it should be because your zigged when you should have zagged.

2) I'm hugging a pillar while that mg in the armored car is hammering away at me, but I see my squad buddy standing no more than 10 feet from the car, getting shot and hit, and he doesn't do a damn thing but stand there and take it!

3) Am I the only guy in the squad smart enough, or the better shot, to take out that kraut mg that's so prominently positioned in the garage there?

4) Watch the firefights, no progress will be made. Despite being a nasty little Private, apparently you're the best shot, and the most aggressive of the squad.

5) Hey, Sarge, can I dump these other weapons? This M1 Garand and BAR are killing me!. What am I, Charles frikin' Atlas?

6) Wow, don't those AA guns need reloading? (Nice light show by the way!) And I'm sure those mgs need to cool.

I'll be buyin' it.

I have to say that the rain effects is one of the best i've seen in a game.

What rain? rock.gif

You mean, There's no rain in CoD?

What rain? rock.gif

I thought you were more concerned that there were no dogs in that game tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

...I think Commandos 3 is going to stay alot longer on my H-D than COD rock.gif

@Donkey: In Commandos 2 you have a dog you can control....

BTW Regan was the one with the face paint not Spears.

Turns out that the faces appear to be randomly assigned to the AI units. I just had that face come up for someone else.

[imghttp://www.theavonlady.org/images/codface.jpg[/img]

Still don't know what this warpaint is about. Anyone?

Damn if i know........

What rain? rock.gif

I thought you were more concerned that there were no dogs in that game  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

hehe Well im still keeping my fingers crossed. (Good old MOHAA had some alsatians in it) Anyway, i dunno what it was but it sure looked like rain. Must have been some sort of a bug ?

smile_o.gif

He got too close to the Gestapo's sharpee marker/white out division.

this AI is so good I'm starting to think it's scripted.

Didn't like:

Agreed on all points. Some of these things may just be a matter of correcting and tweaking by the time the product comes out.

Pity neither publisher nor developer have forums up for COD. That alone might be indicative of the level of input they'll take in from customers.

Can you post a pic of what in the world you're talking about?

It was on a friends computer. witch brings up another question.

Is there any chanse CoD could work on a duron 700, 384 mb ram and Gf4? I haven't botherd to download it yet.

Is there any chanse CoD could work on a duron 700, 384 mb ram and Gf4? I haven't botherd to download it yet.

From the ReadMe:

Quote[/b] ]1. Minimum System Requirements:

· 3D Hardware Accelerator Card required – 100% DirectX® 9.0a compatible 32MB Hardware T&L-capable video card and drivers*

· Pentium® III 700 or Athlon™ processor or higher

· English version of Microsoft® Windows® 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP

· 128MB of RAM

· 8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and drivers

· 181MB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 200MB for Windows swap file)

· 100% DirectX® 9.0a compatible 16 bit sound card and drivers

· 100% Windows® 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and drivers

· DirectX® 9.0a (not included)

Important Note: *Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipsets listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by the Call Of Duty Burnville Demo. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0a compatibility.

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS:

· ATI® Radeon 7200, 8500, 9000, 9500, 9700, 9800

· All nVidia® GeForce™ chipsets

And yeah...What rain?  rock.gif  blues.gif

Maybe he meant the bullets. smile_o.gif

Other little things I noticed:

- In the initial advance in the cow pasture ( biggrin_o.gif ), the AI drag dead buddies bodies together behind the fence.

- Sometimes there's a dead paratrooper dangling from his chute on the front left side of the church facade.

I noticed that when the guy draging the LIVING guy near the fence doesnt die he leaves the dying guy there!

B@st@rd. mad_o.gif

Thanks avon. I supsected it to be in that area. Now my question is, is the game very CPU heavy. Im can't answer that myself as im starting to doubt wether i actually played CoD at all (could have been some sort of a mohaa mod (?)

smile_o.gif

Now my question is, is the game very CPU heavy.

Well, yes, of course. However, as Goob already mentioned (before he edited his post tounge_o.gif ), if you lower the game's graphics options, it will be that much less CPU intensive, like most any other game today.

im starting to doubt wether i actually played CoD at all (could have been some sort of a mohaa mod (?)

It's very easy to tell. At the start of the mission, did you see lots of dead cows? smile_o.gif

im starting to doubt wether i actually played CoD at all (could have been some sort of a mohaa mod (?)

It's very easy to tell. At the start of the mission, did you see lots of dead cows? smile_o.gif

Maybe, i think so