Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

Guest jacobaby
TJ yeah its nice that you have to go round the heli to open gunners door or cargo door.

btw im thinking on nice script that will remove AMMO cargo from DAP(so chaingun will have 200 rounds and minigun will have 500) and after you will remove the cargo(ammo cargo will be put in big box) you can mount troops on it...4-5....

btw here is my little collection of BAS helis smile_o.gif

only favorite(sorry for 120kb wanted to make pic nice):

http://members.lycos.co.uk/abramsi/screens/bas.jpg

Then don't hotlink to it when you know the max img-size  smile_o.gif

But why use a DAP for troop movements? The others are for that.

The DAP is designed for Close Air Support.

At any rate you cant add guys to it via a script, you would have to edit the model and add cargo proxies.

But if you want to fly the DAP but have your squad inserted via MH60L, then I "think" I made it so that you can still insert your squad like that.

TJ

I was dissapointed in the sounds... the default BIS uh60 sounds just 'don't sound right' on these things.:(

The 556 mm and 554 mm's dammage

"OUTTA MA WAAAAY!!!"

Hehe... biggrin_o.gif

Guest jacobaby
A few suggestions/ideas: first, maybe have the crash model appear in place of the scrunched up regular model after the chopper has crashed.  Secondly, I think it'd be really neat if you could carry other vehicles than the hummer, even more so, if it would be done in a way so that other addons makers could just put a certain thing in their config, so that their addons could be carried by it, though that may not be possible.  Regardless of those things, its an amazing addons, a must-have, just like everything else from BAS. smile_o.gif

Crash model: Tried that, as we did ages ago with the Mh47. I just doesnt look good. Also, it would have meant having 4 extra crash models, all with associated textures. We all hate the crushed box effect, but there is NO way to justify spending the amount of time needed to make those crash models on an effect that doesn't even look good. At any rate a chopper that hits the gound at any decent speed will be little more than a big pile of nuts and bolts...

So while your idea is a nice one, it is something we tried, and left out because of the work and the bad appearance of it.

As for carrying other vehicles.

Theres possible an argument there for the UH60L, im not sure of its typical use, but the BAS MH47E already has lifting capabilty for all kinds of vehicles, and as explained in its readme, those are easily updateable by other mods and teams if they so desire.

The Mh60 typically carries a humvee where necessary according to our sources, but having a vehicle in slung cargo drastically reduces the speed at which the helo can fly, not good for a SF operation.....

Dont forget, these are SF helo's, any old chopper can be used for carting kit around biggrin_o.gif

TJ

Something annoying (IMO) I noticed:

The cabin light makes a noise I've never heard from a lamp before tounge_o.gif

The max height for flying these Blackhawks are 160 meters (with mouse and keyboard).

Bug or feature? smile_o.gif

punishment:Sorry but i do not know what "Wooot" means is it an owl noise or somthing

Doctor:punishment it is time for your sedation

punishment: sad_o.gif

EDIT: sorry keep puting my other alias and sedation wore off

Guest jacobaby
I was dissapointed in the sounds... the default BIS uh60 sounds just 'don't sound right' on these things.:(

Which is why we didnt use it. Listen carefully.

The sounds of the chopper are approved by two guys who have flown IN Mh60's, so Im happy with that.

I had a vast variety of sounds to choose from, this was what was chosen.

Personally I wanted to get a more "engine whiney" sound in along with the rotors.

Its easy to change the sound if you dont like it (we cant cater to all the personal opinions/soundcards), just replace BAS_60rotors.wss and repack.

TJ

well blackdog i must say that im happy with those sounds!

they are better then BIS they are cool smile_o.gif

p.s. TJ im n00b at modelling

I like the BIS sounds, but only to an extent. Couldn't you layer another one on top of it to make it sound more "whiney"? smile_o.gif

Which is why we didnt use it. Listen carefully.

They give me a headache during a long mission. That's a good sign! biggrin_o.gif

I like the BIS sounds, but only to an extent. Couldn't you layer another one on top of it to make it sound more "whiney"? smile_o.gif

Wining.gif

This helicopter i found Very disapointing!

If this quality of workmanship dissapoints you, then I don't think anything is going to satisfy you. You must live a miserable and demoralizing life. Might I suggest perhaps a tall building and a short walk?

[snip]

i saw that coming tounge_o.gif

Guest jacobaby

The cabin light makes a noise I've never heard from a lamp before  tounge_o.gif

The max height for flying these Blackhawks are 160 meters (with mouse and keyboard).

Bug or feature?  smile_o.gif

Shadow,

I cannot duplicate either of these bugs.

The sound file for the lights are just a null sound, and there is no limit to the flying height.

Can anybody else confirm/deny this please.

LMAO when russians run into the flames of the burning MH60 tehey scream "voooddkaaaa"

OMG... I just shot the front of an Mh60k with an rpg, and then these two guys just float in midair and kill me.!

All I can say is wow. These Hawks really make you realise how bad the default BIS UH-60 was (no offense to them - think it was one of their first models or something). Everything looks so... real. biggrin_o.gif

It's great that you included a standard UH-60 as well as the spec-ops helo's. I was dreading having to use the BIS one for routine ops, and having that sat next to your MH-60 on a landing pad would have been unbearable. So thanks for that. smile_o.gif

The DAP... sheesh, this thing is nearly as heavily armed as an Apache! Love the 'burst fire' chain gun; very satisfying. One bug I did note though - the hellfires don't have an explosion sound. I fired off a fair few whilst sitting quietly on the tarmac and although they landed quite a way away I didn't hear any sound at all from the explosions. rock.gif

All in all, I think the word for these birds is... QUALITY. smile_o.gif

Shadow,

The sound file for the lights are just a null sound, and there is no limit to the flying height.

I tried it again.

Now I can fly as high as I want to. I did happend during Helo assault.

Listen carefully to your speakers when you switch on the cabin light with the engine off.

Not a big deal though. I was just wondering if you guys tried to simulate the buzz that sometimes come from a lightbulb smile_o.gif

LMAO when russians run into the flames of the burning MH60 tehey scream "voooddkaaaa"

OMG... I just shot the front of an Mh60k with an rpg, and then these two guys just float in midair and kill me.!

hmm why do they scream for alcohol when burning? Wasn't it meant to be scream for water which is "voda" if I remember correctly.

Shadow,

I tried it again.

Now I can fly as high as I want to. I did happend during Helo assault.

Listen carefully to your speakers when you switch on the cabin light with the engine off.

Not a big deal though. I was just wondering if you guys tried to simulate the buzz that sometimes come from a lightbulb smile_o.gif

the flight heigh is maybe limited when in cadet mode. check if you're playing missions in cadet mode

Agh, heart attack, this thing is <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>GEORGIOUS</span>

Well i dont know if this is the right thing but the UH60L Version uses the Standard BIS-Pilot models.

Was that the plan or must the SOAR pilots be there? if yes: I'l update the .CPP ( because i want the real thingy  wink_o.gif ) and if no i leave it like this.

WFD

UH60 = Regular Army...

SOAR & Rest Of Black Hawks = 160th Batallion or something...

It's right.. I don't think they would make this mistake.

Very nice work indeed BAS! Having a lot of fun with this!

Pic1

Pic2

Can the cabin light work only in the cabin? Or is it an unavoidable thing that makes it light up the entire chopper like a lightbulb?

Guest jacobaby
Can the cabin light work only in the cabin?  Or is it an unavoidable thing that makes it light up the entire chopper like a lightbulb?

The lighting engine in OFP is poor. Very poor to be precise.

There is in fact no way to get ambient lighting inside a chopper, so I used a trick.

To have it bright enough to be worthwhile it has to be like that, so yes its unavoidable.

I think I can say with confidence, that (apart from bugs we missed) all these kind of aspects are the compromises we settled on.

If you really didnt like it, and you wanted to get the action out of your menu, you could, using this line;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

chopper animate ["switch3CLight",0.5]

But I think the first person effect at night on a covert ops flight is rather cool tounge_o.gif

TJ