Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

Will you make INQ support with the current beta or will I have to wait for the final?

Anyway, really nice work! I love the new explosions/flaming wreckage/etc..

I just had to say that, you've made OFP a lot better than it already is smile_o.gif

The new version what can I say Bloody great mate. Love the buildings catching fire now. Could you please create a new bin file for the blood addon goldmember so we can have the best of both worlds.

Just installed the mod for the first time and I gotta say it's f*cking amazing.

I salute you Goldmember, you deserve your name!!!

wow..burning houses wow_o.gif

wow_o.gif again, very well done goldmember smile_o.gif

There´s 1 bug from which i don´t know if it´s caused by the v1.43-inq_blood.bin that i use with GMR1.44b or if it is a general bug. Here´s a pic:

error.jpg

There´s 1 bug from which i don´t know if it´s caused by the v1.43-inq_blood.bin that i use with GMR1.44b or if it is a general bug.

It is your fault. smile_o.gif Tried to use GMR.pbo1.44 with config.bin1.43.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow I finish support files (blood,dr,inq,fdf)

Got that bug too. I use the blood+explo config. Is there already an updated config that combines the explosion mod with the blood addon again?

Edit: Ah, just read your answer... ;)

Tomorrow I finish support files (blood,dr,inq,fdf)

Great! Please can you make a DR+blood version? smile_o.gif

i have tried this mod using your INQ high detail weapons, explosion, blood config, and i must say that config (and addons) makes the most perfect mod for the orginal OFP. the flames are beautiful, the weapons are detailed perfect, and the blood splaters are priceless. so thank you goldmember for makng a great explosion mod, and for combining the 3 greatest configs. i really enjoy this mod.

PS: explosions looker cooler when droping the 500lber from the Corsair now  biggrin_o.gif

Because I am not brave enough to start donwloading with 2.5K that huge new BAS addons instead I finished version 1.44 for you.

Realistic explosion MOD v1.44

Modified explosion effect (shell,rocket and other) in config.bin and more!

changes to version 1.43

-----------------------

- destroyed house effect

- supplytruck and scud bug fixed

- burning sound is fading out now at the end

- smalleffectrange value to reduce CPU usage

- one new fuelexplosion sound

- small adjusting on effects to become nicer

Different mod support files also available!

link to: GMR_exploMODv1.44.zip

http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/

id: a_goldmember

password: faszkalap

GMR_exploMOD directory

OFP version 1.91 required.

Love your explo-mod. Gave more life to OFP for me smile_o.gif

Outstanding work.

And the best part: it does'nt have to be implemented to every mission (work on every thing).

Any plans for making more like a spark when you fire heavy machineguns and chaingun-cannons?

Spark on objects and ground when firing the Apache's 30mm, The BMPs HE and AP chaingun etc? instead of the fireball or little brown holes.

Just an idea I'd like to see wink_o.gif

Any plans for making more like a spark when you fire heavy machineguns and chaingun-cannons?

Spark on objects and ground when firing the Apache's 30mm, The BMPs HE and AP chaingun etc? instead of the fireball or little brown holes.

Just an idea I'd like to see  wink_o.gif

I'd like to see this too, but I just don't think it can be implemented because of the restrictions on the game engine. AKAIK the cannon explosion effect is just a smaller version of the standard shell/rocket/bomb/etc effect and because it is not independent if you changed it you would also be changing all the other effects as well. I'd love to be proved wrong but I can't see it happening unfortunately. sad_o.gif

One thing I would love to see changed is the bullet hit effects. That puff of dust that floats leisurely up from the ground when you shoot it just doesn't look right. It should be faster, more 'aggressive' and should vary depending on what you hit, i.e. dust for dirt, little bits of plaster etc for buildings and sparks for vehicles. The water bullet hit effect that was introduced in Resistance is also pretty lame - it's not nearly large enough. Try shooting into a lake or river with even a paintball gun and it'll throw a spray of water up several feet into the air. It would really add to the atmosphere and the chaos of battles to make these effects more real and varied. But alas, I don't think it can be done. sad_o.gif

DAMN..Yahoo is down   wow_o.gifmad_o.gifsad_o.gif

/ed: ah cool...everythings fine again smile_o.gif

DL´ding now smile_o.gif

Outstanding new version Goldmember, I was hoping you could see your way clear to create a DR and Blood config file for the 1.44 version in the near future ?

WoW thats quick just seen it in there. Many thanks again BTW have passed this mod to a least 15 others who now rave about it. Keep up the work m8 its Outstanding

Two weeks away in hollidays and I come to this, more Explo mod news, new BAS addons, new addons and things all over the place.

Just one thing to say, nice.

One question, and I know this is been addresed before, any plans to implement the stroke dust from the tanks when firing?

Is a nice script that I been using sense it came out, but I would like to have it as a standart with the Explo mod.

Hey I never saw this before but there are new Damage models... Wel no models but: If a vehicle blows to scrap you hear a sound and see junk flying all over the place and some parts burning, Is that the Rem or some thing else? wow_o.gif

Outstanding new version Goldmember, I was hoping you could see your way clear to create a  DR and Blood config file for the 1.44 version in the near future ?

Take a closer look in Goldmember's Yahoo briefcase... wink_o.gif

Hey I never saw this before but there are new Damage models... Wel no models but: If a vehicle blows to scrap you hear a sound and see junk flying all over the place and some parts burning, Is that the Rem or some thing else? wow_o.gif

Yup, that's part of the mod. smile_o.gif

And the best part: it does'nt have to be implemented to every mission (work on every thing).

Fully agree with you here Shadow. The ExploMod is a classic IMHO

Thanks for the update Goldmember! Found a bug tho. Seems you missed a ";" or forgott to press the ENTER key tounge_o.gif

gmr_v144err.gif

Happend with secondary explosions on a BMP using the "Smoker" version.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)