Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

Hi,

I have got this mod working together with the blood, Inquisitor, and hi-res sky mods and am very impressed at how much these all these advancements add to the enjoyment of the game. I have a question though: Is there any way to get kegetys' rpg-7 addon to work alongside the inquisitor-realistic explosion mods in campaign/single mission mode? Would this require changes to the config.bin, and if so would a config.cpp version be needed?

Thanks in advance.

I don´t know if it was discussed bevor.

When using "Real Exposions Mod", I can refuel at every vehicle.

Yes we talked about it. We must choose beetwen REARM or REFUEL - to make truck and car vehicle class explodable . REFUEL less disturbing.

Sorry, but what does the FDF Middle Config available at your briefcase thingy do? am I able to use Blood, INQ and FDF with 4.3?

P.S. You are a legend goldmember!

FDF mod team denied my request to make support file to their mod. So officially I will not release it. If anybody has question or request related to this problem write to me (not in this forum of course) wink_o.gif

now that suck i have sent the following measage to fdf mod considering, i am a fan of theirs.

Hello everyone first off I’d like to say, the FDF mod is a really awesome mod, and I like the way they changed many things. But lets face it, even if something is great their should always be room for improvement, (as advancements are always taking place) any how, I just got news that FDF mod did not release permission to allow the realistic explosion mod (REM) to improve it’s explosion effects. This comes as a shock and real disappointment to the majority of FDF fans, I myself included. The explosion mod has offered to combine forces  (to sort of speak) At the overwhelming request of FDF fans. If you guys have not yet taken notice, the realistic explosion mod has revolutionized the exploding special effect to the point of awe, so much so that many will not play without it. We do not want to have to choose between the two for this obvious reason. So in the interest of keeping operation flashpoint the number one war simulation game, and mods willingness to see that this stays true, I am asking with all do respect to please reconsider the offer given by the REM leader. Or at the very least accept a demo to decide over, so the OFP community will know you guys are making a well-informed decision in the interest of your fans.  Included already in REM is support for the latest improvement on weapons, weapons sound and blood scripts, these are the most accurate depiction to date for the default solders. I thank you in advance for any effort you may make to reconcile this dilemma. Yours truly, FDF fan

letters like this help clear my credit biggrin_o.gif  i hope it helps

update hey everyone i just got the following response from FDF mod but i think it was more gear tward Gold member biggrin_o.gif

they quote "I have not personally received any emails from your team, but anyway we are working on version 1.1. of FDF mod. I haven't tested your realistic explosions mod yet but will soon do that as I'm told it has very good pyroeffects. If your team wants to contribute to FDF mod by giving permission (with your credits of course) to incorporate Realistic Explosions mod into next version of FDF Mod, we are more than pleased about this news. However we must first evaluate your mod first and make sure it is compatible with our settings etc. We will naturally contact your team when we've reached a decision about it, so please stay tuned..."

cool huh biggrin_o.gif

this reply is from:

Blake

FDFMOD Dev Team

Maybe I asked the wrong person? Lets hope the best. BUt I have a little bad feeling about that, Pitviper gave a similar promise and since then he disappeared. mad_o.gif

i would love to see some compatabilty between FDF and GM_exploMOD. i stopped using fdfmod once i noticed it countered the explomod AND INQ weapons

this reply is from:

Blake

FDFMOD Dev Team

Maybe I asked the wrong person? Lets hope the best. BUt I have a little bad feeling about that, Pitviper gave a similar promise and since then he disappeared. mad_o.gif

I cannot see any reply ?? (is this the reply ? if so my sarcasm detector need to be fixed  tounge_o.gif )

And Goldmember: PitViper didn´t just disappear, imo he is banned  crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif   I have no idea why.

oops...found the reply above the quoted post wow_o.gif silly me.

Req: I like to have REM ( Realistic Explosion Mod ) binded with the: Dynamic Range Sound pack 1.91 because: REM+DR 1.91= An awesom OFP game. smile_o.gif

One thing that people must realize is that with all these total conversion/reworked main config mods coming out you cannot expect all of them to work with each other at the same time. Think of it as running CS and DoD Half-life mods simultaneously: not possible.

Each mod team has it's own preferences on configurations and settings.

One thing that people must realize is that with all these total conversion/reworked main config mods coming out you cannot expect all of them to work with each other at the same time. Think of it as running CS and DoD Half-life mods simultaneously: not possible.

Each mod team has it's own preferences on configurations and settings.

But these two - FDF and GMR - mods can be easily bind together, no conflict at all. I know because I done it. All thing depends on your willingness smile_o.gif

@goldmember

What program do you use to make a .bin from a .cpp?

btw excellent addon!

I was talking about about Mod compatibility in general, not pointing particulary on your explosions mod. It's only good news if it works with the command line switch.

It's only good news if it works with the command line switch.

Forget those command line switch, that not work, my mod has a diferent config.bin. But essential commands of my mod - eventhandlers - can be easily implement to your config.bin.

Req: I like to have REM ( Realistic Explosion Mod ) binded with the: Dynamic Range Sound pack 1.91 because: REM+DR 1.91= An awesom OFP game. smile_o.gif

Yeah me too, but as Goldmember had been saying, unless he gets hold of a properly converted (i.e. with none of the bugs you get from using currently available bin to cpp converters) config.cpp file for Dynamic Range, he can't combine his explosion mod with it. The only person we know of who has such a file is (or was) Pitviper, and he was banned from the forum months ago. So unless anyone else has the skill and the time to convert the Dynamic Range bin to a cpp, it's unlikely to happen. sad_o.gif