Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

I'll build in a new kind of "debris": smoking,burning dead bodies who fall out of destroyed car,truck,air vehicles. Unfortunately dead body can not fall out of armored vehicle. Or does?

sounds pretty graphic crazy_o.gif  but cool, i hope this include the blast wave effect that everyones  looking farward too!!! biggrin_o.gif

I would like to express my gratitude. GM, this is a really neat add-on and the INQ/Blood versions make it just that bit more awesome.

I uploaded v1.43BETA to my briefcase. It is just the GMR.bpo file, config.bin was not modified. It contains two new effects: "dustwave" and "deadbodies" which can be turn on/off in exp_init.sqs of course. Please give me feedback what should I change.

link to: GMR_exploMODv1.43BETA.zip

http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/

id: a_goldmember

password: faszkalap

GMR_exploMOD directory

It´s great! smile_o.gif

I really like the burning bodies ( crazy_o.gif ) but maybe they could smoke more, about as much as wreckage?

The "dust ring" is a nice start, but I think it looks a bit too neat and perfect, maybe it should vary a bit more and be broken up in places?

Great new features, anyway. smile_o.gif

I played it in game. its good, only to perfect of a ring and moves away from the blast to slowly (not fast enough to give off a shock impression) also an actual shock wave seems an off white in appearance and only last about a split second followed by a dust wave on a caisson, maybe break it up if you can and randomize it happing, i am aware that this is just a beta. just some constructive criticism from one of your fans biggrin_o.gif keep up the good work!!!!

The mother of perfection is constructive criticism

Dustwave, shockwave, newwave. I get confused a bit. sad_o.gif

Let's concentrate to dustwave only. I could make dust ring a little bit "ugly" and could accelerate it, but then wave radius will bigger too.

/ btw, burning bodies got more smoke /

Golmember. I just got a bit confused.

Is the GMR_exploMODv1.43BETA.zip still suporting Inquisitor's weapons?

EDIT: I just instaled version 1.42, and I noticed that is only one "Bin" version, or is a version for Blood and Inquisitor that I mised?

At the moment I'm stoked with V1.32.

Thanks.

i thought, how about making it a bit mor lethal?

add splinters, but then again, you dont want to gett killed blowing a tank to pieces

I agree that the dust ring is much too perfect and expands too slowly. In all the videos I´ve seen of destroyed tanks (granted, they are often Hellfire or heavy bomb explosions) There is a quick flash of smoke that completely envelops the tank. This can probably not be implemented well in OFP, but the "dust rings" that the tanks give off are often large puffs of dirt in all directions, not unified rings. The dust ring in the mod looks nice, but unreal, like something from a cartoon. I hope you will continue updating it, since it could be awesome. smile_o.gif

Man, I just love your explosions. Try making East vs. West tank/APC rushes at the Nogova desert airport and watch ´em burn...the horizon looks like footage from the Six-day war wow_o.gif

Thank you Goldmember for this great addon!

EDIT: I just instaled version 1.42, and I noticed that is only one "Bin" version, or is a version for Blood and Inquisitor that I mised?

Thanks.

Since version 1.41 there is updated support to Blood and INQ weaponpack (files Blood_to _v1.41.zip, Blood_INQ_to _v1.41.zip, INQ_to _v1.41.zip). This works with v1.42 and v1.43BETA too.

----------------------------------------------------------

to others:

Thanks for suggestions!

i thought, how about making it a bit mor lethal?

add splinters, but then again, you dont want to gett killed blowing a tank to pieces

I think it´s fine as it is. If it would be more lethal it would be almost impossible for tank crews to escape from their vehicle (hey, it already is, why make it worse!) wink_o.gif

Thanks.

Since version 1.41 there is updated support to Blood and INQ weaponpack (files Blood_to _v1.41.zip, Blood_INQ_to _v1.41.zip, INQ_to _v1.41.zip). This works with v1.42 and v1.43BETA too.

----------------------------------------------------------

to others:

Thanks for suggestions!

Nice one, thanks Golmember.

I made a new dustwave. It is fully randomized, so not looks like a ring at all. The speed is synch with whole explosion (BIS and my mod) effect which is not as fast as IRL.

link to: GMR_exploMODv1.43BETA.zip

http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/

id: a_goldmember

password: faszkalap

YES! That´s exactly how it should be (if it can´t be a little bit faster)! What more can you do, the explosion is perfect! smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Holy sh*t!! wow_o.gif

I must admit that I didnt enjoy the previous shockwave too much, but now its PERFECT !

GOLMEMBER....U RULE tounge_o.gif

*goes off to explode everything in sight*

*goes off to explode everything in sight*

biggrin_o.gif hrhrhr .. that´s what i did the last hour, and damn i enjoyed it biggrin_o.gif

Goldmember you are the greatest !

btw: didn´t notice any bugs, except one time when a scripted fire was somehow displaced under the tank and it´s corona was visible through the ground....but it didn´t happen again smile_o.gif

This mod is really amazing. The satisfaction obtained from destroying vehicles now is so much more than it was with the default explosions. But not being able to use it with Dynamic Range is a real bummer. It's a shame PitViper never released his decrypted Dynamic Range config.cpp file. I think Goldmember managed to fix everything except the soldermoving sounds last time he tried. I was just thinking, would it be possible to remove the soldiermoving part of the Dynamic Range config completely and somehow make OFP use the default Sound.pbo sounds for movement? The reason I think this is possible is that even with Dynamic Range installed some of the sounds (e.g. rain, thunder, other environmental effects) are still used from the main Sound.pbo, and so maybe it would be possible to stop Dynamic Range 'overwriting' the soldiermoving sounds with its own and instead just use the ones in the Sound.pbo. Anyone have any idea if this would work?

Now that’s what im talking about gm, you have got it right, we can ask for nothing more, we are running out of ideas, which means you are close to perfection, the only other thing I can think of is maybe enhancing the sound a bit, such as the sound of falling debris, similar to the sound of the grenade explosion in fdf mod, but magnified. you are simply the best!! biggrin_o.gif

hello everyone I thought ill share some advice to some that don’t know about this feature; to watch this master peace in slow motion type in the init field this command "setacctime 0.1" with out the quote marks, this will show you it in slow motion the art involve in gm work (you can change the speed by changing the value in the command) have fun!!!! biggrin_o.gif

I am pleased to everyone happy now. I try to make dust effect to accelerate a bit but has chance to became too chaotic and I check sound of the grenade explosion in fdf mod. To solve dynamicrange "crisis" first I attempt to ask Pitviper for config.cpp and then I see what can I do.