Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

Wow finally got account activated. This is my first post here to be nice.

Cant seem to get blood working with new BAS units/maps tho.

I have just installed this mod (1.45) on 30 machines and have had some feedback. Some good some ideas etc. I will list them here. We would love to see this change or maby even a custom config for those that want it.

This is all bearing in mind of course that it is possible with the games dynamic/engine.

1) Dust around tanks when they fire is great. More dust when on loose soil/desert less when on turf/grass and none on urban/concrete/roads. Big dust kickup on firing on all terain. Also see if possible to make all dust blow slightly foward from the tank.

2) When vehicles get hit by a HEAT shell they tend to explode and burn ALL the time. As in Burn to shit. We recomend the following.

Cars/bikes/civil traffic/wheeled transports burn and give off medium amounts of smoke. Fire starts small then gets intense with a few crackles befor slowly dying down.

Armoured Transports/APC's/Armoured vehicles pop with alot of debris and burn medium with a lot of crackles and a huge amount of thick black smoke stretching to a medium height. These burn for along time.

Tanks/Armoured fighting vehicles Burn, plain and simple. The explode and make the landscape look like hell. the fire is very intense the smoke stretches up way into the sky blacking out the sun and they burn for a long long time. It is think and black as the diesle fuels onboard rage. Also depending on the amount of munitions on board they continue to give off smalled explotions constantly.

ground aircraft destroyed are the same as tanks, aircraft in the air that are shot down burn minimul but give off alot of smoke. when they hit the ground from a great altitude at a high speed they tend to disintergrate smile_o.gif

People managing to exit these vehicles after an explotion will more than likely be a fiery display of human matter. Bodies thrown from destroyed vehicles that are on fire burn very intenslt and for a long time giving off medium but very black smoke.

Debris is something hard to judge. I have seen vehicles hit by 105MM shells that are intact but burning like mad, others there is nothing left. Debris should be random for all vehicles. Especially tanks.

Houses dont take long to burn but smoke for days. Trees too if you can manage it ;)

Anything static that contains fuel will burn medium fires but smoke for days.

Also it would be good, as there is, if there were a few smaller fires around a destroyed vehicle/building that extinguish fast. This is usualy matter that is ignited from the intense heat of a blast.

On another topic. Someone mentioned crew exiting vehicles. Vehicles that are wheeled and disabled you will always see the crew exit quick smart. Sitting target anyone? Tanks and armoured vehicles the crew will tend to stay put untill movement and gunnery has been disabled. then they will bolt.

cant really think of anything else. Sounds are great. Just remember tanks and armoured (enclosed) vehicles tend to give off more of a big POP and smaller non-armoured vehicles giveyou that KABOOM or KACRACK noise.

just my thoughts (and 10 others)

Goldmember is it possible for u to create just a Blood bin file for use with the 1.45 mod edition. There are quite a few gamers out there who dont use the DR sound pack or Inquis weapon pack. But who do use the Blood mod. It will help broaden the appeal of the mod and allow more people to use it.

BigUzi=WoP=

This is all bearing in mind of course that it is possible with the games dynamic/engine.

Thank your suggestions. I will digest it. One thing is sure, I do not know script could determine what type of the ground is under the tank, so It is not possible different dust for desert, grass or concrete. sad_o.gif

But other ideas can be implemented.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunalety blood support was left out, but I will make up for it today.

smile_o.gif Goldmember, you are one patient and accommodating guy. Cheers to you!!! Thank you for adding some wonderful eye candy to this game. Your work is amazing!

Sincerest regards,

RedLion

hey gold member I notice that no one ever gets out of the tank and survive anymore after it explodes, can you please enclude that feature again.

One thing is sure, I do not know script could determine what type of the ground is under the tank, so It is not possible different dust for desert, grass or concrete. sad_o.gif

You may get some help from DKM or BAS on that.

I'm sure one of their heli dust scripts change acording to the terrain, but I can't remember witch one.

So something for the shok dust should be similar, I supose.

For me is not big deal, I like the shok dust script as it is now, anything ellse is a bonus, and for it to be implemented as part of this mod will be great.

Thanks Goldmember.

Hey goldmember can you check OperationNorthstar/Sigma-6 tank pack? I can not open config.bin to see what guntypes are used. I really would like to see gundust on it.

hey gold member I notice that no one ever gets out of the tank and survive anymore after it explodes, can you please enclude that feature again.

Do you think this happens more rarely? I changed script sequences a little since version 1.32, maybe this is the reason. BTW surviving "feature" wan not wilful by me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will use DKM mod's Island identification script to gundust and helidust.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could not decoded Sigma-6 tank pack's config.bin. Unfortunately OFP manager is failed to do it properly. You should ask Sigma about this.

Just asking - Can you make some more versions? Like one without the sounds? I don't really like them, but otherwise... I love this mod!

Thanks for the FDF support!

I really like the effects.

Some ideas:

1. Can you make splashes for explosions in water?

BIS already changed bullet impacts in water to splashes. It would be nice to have big splashes instead of explosions in water.

2. Maybe it would look better if planes would disappear after hitting the ground disappearing in a big explosion, only leaving a crater texture and a fire. As it is now it does look strange. Sometimes planes bounce up and down between trees...

Just some suggestions. I do not know if you know how to do it but it would be nice to have.

SIG_UStank1

weapons[]={"sigM1Gun1","sig50cal","sigM1Coax"};

SIG_USTank2

weapons[]={"sigM1Gun2","sig50cal","sigM1Coax"};

SIG_USTank3

weapons[]={"sigM1Gun3","sig50cal","sigM1Coax"};

SIG_T90

weapons[]={"2A46M1","PKT1","NSV"};

SIG_T90s

weapons[]={"2A46M1","PKT1","NSV"};

SIG_T72B

weapons[]={"2A46M","PKT1","NSV"};

SIG_T72S

SIG_T72BC

SIG_T72M1

weapons[]={"2A46Ma","PKT1","NSV"};

SIG_M84

weapons[]={"2A46Mb","PKT1","NSV"};

SIG_M84A4

weapons[]={"2A46Mb","PKT1","NSV"};

SIG_T72M1I

weapons[]={"2A46MI","PKT","NSVT"};

SIG_T72M1I2

SIG_T80BV

weapons[]={"2A46c","PKT","NSV"};

SIG_T80B

weapons[]={"2A46d","PKT","NSV"};

SIG_T80U

weapons[]={"2A461","PKT","NSV"};

SIG_T80UE

weapons[]={"2A461","PKT","NSV"};

I edited the shockdust.sqs, works without any problems! smile_o.gif

Some "tanks" are missing: The two iraq tanks, the T72M1-cz and Type98.

Thx andersson!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

iraq:

Quote[/b] ]

SIG_T72M1I

SIG_T72M1I2

And yes the chinese and cz tanks are missing.

I can fix that to if somebody wants them.

Thank you goldmember for your work. Now i have my dream config!! DR, blood, GRM, sigma, BAS +alot more!!!

Its a joy playing the 1985 campaing and all old missions!!

edit:

SIG_Type98

weapons[]={"Gun125A","MachineGun12_7"};

SIG_T72Cz

weapons[]={"2A46Mc","PKT1","NSV"};

Hey Anderson, perhaps you could share a copy of your Bin with us... biggrin_o.gif

I bin worcking in one, but my missus and my two kids allways make me loose my head in the most important moments and I get something wrong all the time after I encript the bloody thing. mad_o.gif

Never mind, I'll send them on hollidays for a week so they live me alone with my configuration experiments. biggrin_o.gif  sad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

LOL.

Just asking - Can you make some more versions? Like one without the sounds? I don't really like them, but otherwise... I love this mod!

I do not want to make another versions for this. It has enough already. wink_o.gif The problem can be solved easily. Every config.bin version has a counterpart config.cpp. In this file you can make any changes and than compile back to bin format. You want back original OFP sounds or you have costum sound? Send me a PM and help you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spy17! Thanks your suggestions. The explosions of air vehicles was a "little" neglected in my mod. It is the time to devise something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thx andersson! How could you break up Sigma-6's config.bin?

I can break everything! Even DKM tounge_o.gif

I use ofp manager, pbo_decryptor13 and patience.

Some negative numbers gets wrong with pbo_decryptor13 but I can see the right values in ofp manager. Copy and paste....

@ @cero: Sorry, I cant. "My" config.bin are made to my addonfolder. I slaughter all addons to my own needs so to get permission from all addonmakers and mods is a big project. And then you had to download my addonfolder because there is alot of tags in one addon ;) ex BAS Rangers with custom made INQ-weapons.

@ all addonmakers: Dont worry! Its for my own personal use biggrin_o.gif

Yes, that's what I'm doing too, well, trying to, but not so complicated.

Thanks anyway.

And the same gos here, just for my own personal use.

Thanks.

@ @cero: Sorry, I cant. "My" config.bin are made to my addonfolder. I slaughter all addons to my own needs so to get permission from all addonmakers and mods is a big project. And then you had to download my addonfolder because there is alot of tags in one addon ;) ex BAS Rangers with custom made INQ-weapons.

Would you mind to share ur knowledge with us ?

Could u please write a little tutorial or make a commented config.bin (i know there is one by BIS but his´ would be more interesting for me cos theres only the relevant parts for units & weaponchanges highlighted) for us so we can get the joy of playing our own ofp too ?

Just an idea...dunno how much work it would be tounge_o.gif

btw: thx again to Goldmember...the integrated shockdust is perfect ! I´ve said it before but i repeat: without your mod i would not like to play ofp anymore blues.gif

Could you maby add bombs that editors can lay around in the mission editor? CoC Mines are good but they don't have any large bombs. And that editoraddon was good enought too, but the bombs always moved around on the ground and dissapeared. wink_o.gif

Could you maby add bombs that editors can lay around in the mission editor? CoC Mines are good but they don't have any large bombs. And that editoraddon was good enought too, but the bombs always moved around on the ground and dissapeared. wink_o.gif

I am affraid I can not help you. This requires addon modelling knowledge, but I am not expert in it. I could only change explosions by script but need a working addon (model) for this.

2. Maybe it would look better if planes would disappear after hitting the ground disappearing in a big explosion, only leaving a crater texture and a fire. As it is now it does look strange. Sometimes planes bounce up and down between trees...

Good idea, but the fire would have to burn for a long time, what if you really need to see where a plane crashed?

Still, it would be nice to see this. smile_o.gif