Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

link to: GMR_exploMODv1.45.zip

http://au.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

ID ftielemans

PW dey8p7

Before I finish support file I have to know that new effect will not couse serious fps drop, because "fire" eventhandler is call tankgun dust script every time when tank fires (even if use machinegun). Fortunately we can avoid this. So test it in big tank rush!!!

Mirror: GMR Explosion Mod V1.45.

1.45 works fine for me Goldmember,I had no noticiable FPS drop in a massive tank battle...and the new dust cloud is excellent,txs

Is the 1.45 pbo compatible with older 1.44 bin files?

For example 1.45pbo +1.44 Blood_DR config.bin? Im at work so I cant test that.

Yes, the new cloud looks good, a nice little addition to OFP. smile_o.gif

Goldmember, now that you´ve moved beyond explosions, is there any way you could implement a good chopperdust script? I´m not sure if you can make it as default for all helicopters in the config as there isn´t an eventhandler for it...or? rock.gifsmile_o.gif This would be great.

Bonko mate, just tried the new 1.45 GMR pbo with the 1.44 DR + Blood configs. No dust effect present. Looks like we will have to wait for Goldmember to update the DR + Blood config and cpp files with the dust effect.

The 1.45 Mod edition plays really well. Tried it with a tank battle with 20 on each side, it was sheer carnage with dead and burning tanks everywhere, the smoke from the battlefield blotted out the sun.

Waiting for the updated DR + Blood files, Thanks again Goldmember superb mate.

BigUzi=WoP= Lord of the Addons

Helidust script, then I have to rename this MOD to Realistic FX MOD or something

biggrin_o.gif

Well, you already have tankdust in it so... wink_o.gif

The new config and cpp files seem to work fine overall. One thing a did notice was the law reload. Normally the soldier goes through the actions of reloadingthe law. This does not happen instead the law is replaced almost instantly with another very strange. Other than that did not see any more anomolies Goldmember.

BigUzi=WoP=

Lord of the Addons

The new config and cpp files seem to work fine overall. One thing a did notice was the law reload. Normally the soldier goes through the actions of reloadingthe law. This does not happen instead the law is replaced almost instantly with another very strange. O

That is problem! In what version (bin) you noticed that?

Just downloaded the latest binfiles from ur site. The DR + Blood running with the 1.45 Mod edition GMR pbo . Set up a mission in editor to test the sound and blood, fired a law at a BMP and it was replaced instantly, fired 3 laws off in aprox 2 or 3 secs. WoW. biggrin_o.gif

Prob a glitch in the text mate.

BigUzi=WoP=

Just downloaded the latest binfiles from ur site. The DR + Blood running with the 1.45 Mod edition GMR pbo . Set up a mission in editor to test the sound and blood, fired a law at a BMP and it was replaced instantly, fired 3 laws off in aprox 2 or 3 secs. WoW. biggrin_o.gif

Prob a glitch in the text mate.

BigUzi=WoP=

I tested, it worked fine for me all 3 bin versions.Both LAW and RPG soldier make reload animations. Are you sure used config.bin and not config.cpp???

Is it possible to you to add a dammage script that work like when you get close to a destroyed vehicle you get dammage rock.gif

Goldmember, thanks for the advice m8 you were right all working fine now.

no more anomolies at all biggrin_o.gif

So its back to the Battlefield for me

BigUzi=WoP=

Lord of the Addons, Keeper of the Sacred Shield of the Late LBA and Oracle to the Divine OFP.

Is it possible to you to add a dammage script that work like when you get close to a destroyed vehicle you get dammage rock.gif

You GOT hurt when you're close 2 a fire AFAIK...

OK,im back home now,that was a fast release of the bin files Goldmember...hehe

Works 100% in 1.91 and 1.92b  smile_o.gif

The dust cloud is a really nice addition.

Just one thing: Whats the wordpad document in FDF_to_1.45?<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">fired="_this exec ""\GMR\shockdust.sqs""";

Do i need to place this is all MBT's?

What about lightning-flashes via drop? When overcast is more than 0.8 and setrain more than 0.8, just an example, tho... tounge_o.gif

fired="_this exec ""\GMR\shockdust.sqs"""

Do i need to place this is all MBT's?

Yes this need to tankgun dust effect. SO if there is an MBT addon that not produce this effect have to write these lines manually it's config.bin. But further problem accurs if an addon not use basic OFP guntypes (gun105, gun120, gun125). In this case need the proper name of guntype and Ihave to build into "shockdust.sqs"

So life not easy wink_o.gif

and try it on official addons like bis t80 not on for example BAS MH-60 wink_o.gif

How close you walked to the fire? The dammage script is activating when your distance from centre of fire is less then 5 meters. But if strong wind stretch out the flames it looks like you near to them but not hurt, because you are not close enough. BTW this part of the scripts was not modified so need to work like in previous versions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should I put a very small gundust for BMP's or it is will be very unreal? And now come to mind if somebody use unofficial MBT or APC addons and would like to see gundust effect on it tell me the name of it. I make a database of guntypes to enable working more addons this effect.

Bad bad ofp sad_o.gif

Using explosions-mod with cti = bad, because when a vehicle was salvaged and you see it = CTD.

Same with the "special" ejection seat from falkland-mod Harrier.

When the seat hits the ground, it explodes = CTD.

It happens because the "deletevehicle" command was used while scripts are running.

I hope this could be fixed by BIS in the near future.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

and try it on official addons like bis t80 not on for example BAS MH-60 wink_o.gif

How close you walked to the fire? The dammage script is activating when your distance from centre of fire is less then 5 meters. But if strong wind stretch out the flames it looks like you near to them but not hurt, because you are not close enough. BTW this part of the scripts was not modified so need to work like in previous versions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should I put a very small gundust for BMP's or it is will be very unreal? And now come to mind if somebody use unofficial MBT or APC addons and would like to see gundust effect on it tell me the name of it. I make a database of guntypes to enable working more addons this effect.

I was walking up to the vehicle but no dammage at all rock.gif