Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

Hey goldmember I was fortunate enough to see a m1 fire its main gun in real life the sound vibrate your whole body and even though I did not take to much notice of the dust effect I did note that the tank was completely engulfed with dust after ever round. it did remind me of the way it looked

What's this blood dr fdf and INQ stuff do? Anyway, I'm gonna try this out as soon as I can... which is tomorrow sad_o.gif

First, this really makes the battlefield a more devilish place to be, which, oddly enough, makes us that much happier. So on that note, great job Goldmember.

Now I'd like to know if this pack has an effect on sounds, as a blackhawk circling a battle I was in, sounded much more muffled.

I'd also like to know if anyone knows where to get Satchels DR pack, and if it's working with 1.91? I can't download the DR+Blood+GMR Mod file in your briefcase, so I don't know what it says about that in there. Any clear info would be greatly appreciated.

In other words, I second r1c0cH3t´s question. Does one need to download something else to get the blood effect and this tankdust effect?

Thanks for a great job!

Konyak

Am I doing this right?

place config for GMR+FDF in the finmod / bin folder

place config for blood+inq in the gmr / bin folder

select fdf mod + gmr mod in kegety's ofp launcher...

I get an error where fdf machine guns and music cannot be found, and no finnish soldiers can fire their weapons...

I get a little error message in the .noe mission (could also be caused by me whilst deleting the soldierwm16b3 from mission.sqm, i dunno)

error1.jpg

it appears when the tank fires

go to :

\Users\name\missions\tankmaingun_dust.Noe

Inside effects folder open the shock_dust.sqs and delete the first line that reads  "// by Fishion  - Version 1.0 - 18.Jan. 2003"

Tada! Run mission again   wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I get an error where fdf machine guns and music cannot be found, and no finnish soldiers can fire their weapons...

Make sure u are running latest (final) 1.44 version,its mirrored at ClanCombat I also had that conflict with FDF but now its OK.

I'd also like to know if anyone knows where to get Satchels DR pack, and if it's working with 1.91?

In other words, I second r1c0cH3t´s question.  Does one need to download something else to get the blood effect and this tankdust effect?

DR sound Pack runs on 1.91 or 1.92b fine...get it here at OpFlashpoint.org

To run the blood effects by snYpir go here at OFPEC...install it in addons folder so u can use the blood+(smoke\middle\flamer).bin in the GMR_explomod BIN folder.

And to finalize, no, the tankdust effect doesnt need any extra stuff,its a standalone effects demo.

Hope it helps,this Mod changes OFP forever smile_o.gif

hey am i the only one that is having problems with the dr+blood bin file it seems to mute all sound I can barly here anything, I cant here the explosions at all, oh and by the way the tanks in the new bas pack has the defualt explosions and has no sound to it, thought I run that by gold member

And to finalize, no, the tankdust effect doesnt need any extra stuff,its a standalone effects demo.

Hope it helps,this Mod changes OFP forever  smile_o.gif

Let me get that clear for my selfe.

the tank dust effect that comes from the ground, simulating the shock of the gun firing and creating a cloud of dust. That's what We are tallking about, are We?

All I know about this effect is that a script came out no long after the Drop Comand tutorial came out, and it is really good, but, can you implement it in the game like the GMR mod? cos that is what I would like to. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks.

Am I doing this right?

place config for GMR+FDF in the finmod / bin  folder

place config for blood+inq in the gmr / bin folder

select fdf mod + gmr mod in kegety's ofp launcher...

I get an error where fdf machine guns and music cannot be found, and no finnish soldiers can fire their weapons...

Basically it´s right...but goldmember included all his effects in the fdf config.cpp already, so you only have to start with your FDF Modfolder. Just uncheck GMR Mod and it should work smile_o.gif

In other words, I second r1c0cH3t´s question.  Does one need to download something else to get the blood effect and this tankdust effect?

Thanks for a great job!

Konyak

The file which is mirrored at Clan Combat includes .bin versions for InqWeapons&Blood and FDF Mod.

The Tankdust effect is beta till now...it´s not really in the GMR Mod yet.

Tank maingun shock dust:

------------------------

I will reduce dust, make 2 diferent versions today. I forget to ask this effect exist on BMP too or just on MBT?

(Konyak-2) choppers are fading out effect sounds:

-------------------------------------------------

I will check it.

(victorious)dr+blood bin file it seems to mute all sound:

---------------------------------------------------------

This happened to basic OFP vehicles or you used unoffcial addons? Unfortunately some addons not herit "eventhandlers" from main config.bin, so script will not be executed. For example VITAPC pack not working properly too. Does anybody noticed the same on BAS Tonal pack?

Using GMR with different mod:

-----------------------------

"select fdf mod + gmr mod in kegety's ofp launcher..." you do not need to merge mod like this.

Here is one method that works.

FDF mod + GMR mod

-----------------

copy config.cpp (from FDF_to_v1.44.zip) to fdfmod/bin folder

copy GMR.pbo (fom GMR_exploMODv1.44.zip) to fdfmod/addons folder

-> start with FDFmod.exe from Operatinflashpoint folder

GMR mod + Ofpec_Blood

---------------------

copy config.bin (from Blood_to_v1.44.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/bin folder

copy GMR.pbo (fom GMR_exploMODv1.44.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder

copy Ofpec_Blood.pbo to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder

-> start with "-mod=GMR_exploMOD"

GMR mod + INQ weaponpack

------------------------

copy config.bin (from INQ_to_v1.44.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/bin folder

copy INQ_weaponpack.pbo (from INQ_weaponpack.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder

copy XMS.pbo (from INQ_Mod.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder

copy Dtaext.pbo (from INQ_Mod.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/Dta folder

GMR mod + Dynamicrange soundpack

--------------------------------

copy config.bin (from DR_to_v1.44.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/bin folder

copy Dynamicrange.pbo to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder

it appears the BAS-OPFOR BRDM is not affected by this mod, it has no explosion. the UAZ does and other vehicles that ive seen so far do.

In SP I use a special version of DR (custom sounds in certain weapons) will this affect the way GMR interacts with DR?

In MP I use Kylikki's sound pack...I hear no explosion on fuel tanks

I tested without any sound pack...I still hear no explosin in fuel tanks,anyone has an idea what may be causing this?

Apart from this v1.44 is very good Goldmember Txs

I agree the tank dust script is also very good but the dust cloud could be just a little bit smaller,as it is, it looks OK for desert scenarios but not to more "green" islands.

I have problems with the DR+BLOOD. Thers no DR-sound at all and the BIS sounds are real low. I installed it correctly (I think?).

I uploaded 3 new different tankgun dust. See my briefcase TankMainGun_Dustbeta2.zip file

Follow the instructions that goldmember has released, I have DR + blood and the explosions mods working in the same folder np.

A happy camper biggrin_o.gif

Absolutly amazing!

Only one problem I have..

Whats the different between those 3?

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

dust density and size smile_o.gif but difference not so sharp

Yes can you please intergrate the dust effect into the mod Goldmember if this is possible. This mod just keeps on getting better and better.

How much more can we ask him to do ?

smile_o.gif

I can ask about an error which only sometimes appears.

error.jpg

I was using different units while this error shows up.

An idea?

MfG Lee

I can ask about an error which only sometimes appears.

error.jpg

I was using different units while this error shows up.

An idea?

MfG Lee

This seems to be a known bug.

Goldmember posted:

Quote[/b] ]

I found an error in "smoke_armor.sqs" file. It is not fatal , sometimes when longsmoke effect starts you get message on the top of the screen. It easily can be fixed (and I will replace the file later too)

the last line looks like:

_lifeTick = _lifeTick - 1?_lifeTick > 0 : goto "loop4"

please hit "enter" to separete it like this:

_lifeTick = _lifeTick - 1

?_lifeTick > 0 : goto "loop4"

I just did not find out how to fix it... I think there will be a new version soon.

Ok where can i get the tank shock effect? rock.gif

I d/lded 1.44 from Clan HOST and the readme states that its 1.43 crazy_o.gif whats going on here plz make it less confusing and WHERE IS THE TANK shock effect? sad_o.gif

Ok where can  i get the tank shock effect?  rock.gif

I d/lded 1.44 from Clan HOST and the readme states that its 1.43  crazy_o.gif  whats going on here plz make it less confusing and WHERE IS THE TANK shock effect?  sad_o.gif

It´s a different file in Goldmember´s Yahoo portfolio...

Scroll back a few pages for link and password.