The Frenchman

Ofp moments in gameplay

Today in a coop, I was driving one of those KLR motorcycles in northern Nogova, where there are lots of mountains, and we actually rolled over in air, and turned right side up, right before we hit the ground(we lived) all in the space of about a second(literally).  That was so cool! smile_o.gif

The next game we played was one where you raced the KLR cycles around Nogova, and that was a lot of fun.

yeah I once did a flip in a motorcycle and landed on my feet and survived. Rock on.

I was playing RiverBattle about a month ago. I was on east, most of use boarded the Mi17 at spawn and the pilot took off. Some guys bailed at Nevekelov, then I bailed at Davle. Me and a few others secured it, and we herd the Mi17 coming back our way. The only this was it was following the river, about 2m off the surface. As we watched, the Mi17 went under the bridge at about 240kph and made a high clime as it passed under the bridge, It looped upside down and continued back to Nevekelov. Some people put markers on the map where the bridge was that read, "Crazy ass manuver" and "Nice move man!". I had never seen anything like that done before, expecially with with a lumbering Mi17.

U cant loop an Mi17 man thats imposs. As for flying under the bridge thing, yeah thats pretty cool.

Not too hard if u practice with the choppers a bit I can stay under 5 in a Hind all over Malden smile_o.gif

Dont ya just love the AI. One silly sod behind me kept talking as I was lining up on a squad in a valley below our position. You know the patter: Soldier 100; machinegunner 200 etc etc. To shut him up I wasted the beggar! But even in death he kept going :Officer 100; RPG 100; till he finally gave his last. Gotta give the guy credit.. he just had to get it out of his system.

Still he isn't as bad as the ai that kept asking Where are you.. when he was just 10 meters away.

I was playing CTI one time and I made the foolish mistake of making my tank's commander AI, and with me as gunner. We rushed into Loukov, which was full of resistance and he assigned about 3 targets a second then would say no target about 10 times. We ended up dying, but for about 5 minutes this dead guy kept assigning me targets. Very annoying mad_o.gif

U cant loop an Mi17 man thats imposs. As for flying under the bridge thing, yeah thats pretty cool.

Must of been the lag.

Not a Johny post

I was playing MP the other day River Battle it was the last couple of minutes. I was hiding next to a house in Davle. My team had just made a home run into the town at the oposite end of the Bridge. I had been giving supressing fire from the ridge in a T80 but they spoted me and I respawned in Davle and took cover.

A Shilka and BMP were in the vilage oposite spraying the area to take out respawns. I am scoping the area with my sniper rifle, when I see movement on the road.

I recheck the map just two x the Shilka and the BMP in diferent spots; must be one of theirs. I see its a guy on a motorbike he somehow avoids the 20mm and BMP HE and gets to the bridge but he is so absorbed in escaping he drives right off the side of the bridge. I can still see his face "OH! S**t!!"  crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Kind Regards Walker

I remember when we were playing BF1985 together and I killed you when you were in a bush..

Thats my story.

Oh, that reminds me of this one time, in a CTF, I was hiding in some bushes by the enemy flag, looking around to see where the sniper who kept hitting our guys right after we got the flag was.  I'd been there for several minutes, and I heard something to the left of me.  I looked over, and there was this enemy blackop, literally like a foot from me wow_o.gif , and this's where it gets really good, he hadn't seen me!  I don't know how he couldn't of seen me hiding there, when he crept up from behind.

It can be hard to see someone in a bush if arent looking for them. I remember replaying a mission on PMC fury for AGES cos it WOULDENT END. I spent over an hour looking round for more soviets but none appeared. Eventually as I ran past an open field I heard what was undoubtably a Dragunov shot. I stood still, and backtracked to where I was before. he kept shooting but I couldent see him. Eventually he got me and when it zoomed in he was behind a bush about 50m away. Needless to say I reloaded and immediatly popped him.

Not too hard if u practice with the choppers a bit I can stay under 5 in a Hind all over Malden smile_o.gif

Although, some maneuvers can make it look like you are looping a helo.

We were in the jungle, moving to the point at the top of the hill for extract. I am man on point with my MP5SD (BAS), (it is my own mission) and we are sneaking up the hill. I have my men hold fire, as not to give our positon away. One of my men relays to me that there is someone nearby. I turn, and see him, as well as his partner. I decide to take them out, as not to compromise us later. i shoot them both, nether making more than a sigh. We move to the extract point.DAMN! they cant extract yet. SCUDs in the area. We are moving south, and we crawl into the bushes near a camp, which we can see from the two fires they have lit there. I still have my men hold fire, until the are all in postion. "Open Fire!" And we shoot like hell. two of my men were lost, only me and a machine gunner left. manage to set up a system where i tell him to wait, and i move forward, while he covers me. Then, he returns to formation, me covering him.

We get very close to the SCUDs this way. Neither of us having explosives, i crawl to a dead RPG man while my MG amn covers me. Just as i pick up the RPG launcher, he manages to shoot somone who was just about to kill me. (I realise at this moment i am blessed to have johnny in my team wink_o.giftounge_o.gif ) I take the launcher and an RPG, only two mags left for my MP5. I hit both of the SCUDs, but one of them is not quite destroyed. I decide to hand grenade it. I move forward, grenade it successfully, and the just as i am about to run, somoen i had not seen shoots me. It ws too quick.

This mission was my own mission, on SEB Ia Trang valley, and is based loosely on the jungle combat events from Tom Clancy's Clear and Present Danger. I began with a four-man squad, (two m16 soldiers, and a BAS m249 machine gunner.)

the_unknown_one

Johnny didn't make an appearance in my mission today...

I made a quick mission on the desert island with my Bradley providing forward recon for a platoon of dug in tanks and some infantry. I was lurking on the east side of the big mountain in the middle of the map, parked parallel to a low ridge near the mountains base.

Me and the gunner were turned out looking for dust trails when I notice a swarm of T-80s about 700 metres away. I switch to TOW and order the gunner to engage. We get one TOW off, but a T-80 must have seen us, and I see the flash of his gun. The round comes in low, and just barely hits the small ridge I am hiding next to. Our Bradley still collects most of the explosion. Gunner dies immediately, and turrent is completely wrecked. I order the driver to reverse, and we scream backwards. Fortunately the M1's we were screening have begun to engage, so the T-80s leave us alone. I hid behind a mountain waiting for the shooting to stop, then I drove back to friendly lines with a charred turrent and a corpse hanging out of the gunner's hatch wow_o.gif .

Jonny doesn't mix with airplanes  biggrin_o.gif

A bombing mission in a Chechyn valley.  Simple, dropped the bombs, bye bye to eight T80's.  Jonny was too busy watching the fireworks, when like a bug on a windshield, SPLAT right onto the valley wall.  biggrin_o.gif

Who is that Johnny ?

I know only BOB and JIM in my editor smile_o.gif , is Johnny from BOB and JIM families ?

My best moment in OFP was when playing the Alamo mission of Red Hammer with BOB and JIM ;)

I think i always told what i did in another thread , so i will not repeat

But no OFP mission has never gave me so much immersion, it is not easy and i am literally on my knee when the chopper come for the evacuation after a very long and immersive defense of the town with a squad full of BOB and JIM.

I dont really like Red Hammer mission, but this one is my all time favorite until now.

my (old) ambush story in OFPR campaign.

as you know, third mission of OFPR is where you ambush a convoy to gather supplies. when I started the mission, briefing said i had 10 minutes. screw that.

I was really bad on controlling AIs(and still is), so instead of lining them up on the valleys, I decided to go frontal. lined my guys up on a little hill on front of the curve that turned south, and waited sometime.

convoy comes, and my johniies engage T72 and BMP in front and back of the convoy. boom. as soldiers got out from truck, rest of the squad layed leads on them, and amazingly some of them get away. after a few moments, I decided to secure the trucks, so I went down to the scene with two following me.

as soon as i got to truck, some russian survivors decide to come back and my johnies take them out. and i was merrily loading up weapons from dead bodies, when suddenly, Tasmanian Devil says there are backups coming up.

oh shit. i quickly send the two men back up to position, and i grab a mine and run down the road about 30 meters, plant one, and get back to position.

the unsuspecting bastards came right on top of my mine and kaboom! the other BMP was taken out by my other johnny. smile_o.gif

-Nonny Jonny story-

I was playing the SP mission Ambush. We had reached the second town with only about 2 or 3 casualties.

We advanced into the town. Some of my buddies got gunned down, so I hit the deck. After a while, I hear no sounds. So I get up and run into the street of Dourdan, getting ready to shoot anything. I looked left, saw nothing. Immediately duck back. No gunfire. Pop out looking right. Nobody. So I sit there, wondering where all the enemies have buggered off to. I turn around and see this Russian RPG soldier crawling towards me. He was like 5m away. For some reason, he didn't fire at me. I heard some gunshots then "Damn, 6, is down!".

Meanwhile, this ruskie is crawling past me, rudely pushing me out of the way. He must've been blind and lost his sense of touch.

Bang! "I've got him!" says one of my team.

This commie keeps crawling past me. I stare at him, dumbfounded for a moment, then bring my M16 up and pump a burst shot into him. A couple of seconds later, I get shot in the back by one of his buddies. And by the time the camera swings around to my killer, he's already dead himself! crazy_o.gif

I cursed the guy who killed the Russian. Why? Well he could've killed the bastard quicker, you know! biggrin_o.gif

How many times have YOU been 'killed by a corpse'? A thousand times I've played through the campaigns, get killed, then see that a dead body has killed me! The eerie powers of the dead...

[Gareth Gates must die]

I'm not talented enough to get into situations that create great stories.  There have been a few interesting moments though.  One was where an AI Shiika shot down an AH1.  I was pretty mad because I was all alone and had no explosives to destroy that last Shiika.  Suddenly, the contorted carcass of the AH1 plunged into the Shiika, thus destroying it.  Maybe Jonny was at the stick...

There was another incident with an aircraft which was far more brief but just as fantastic.  I was standing in the middle of a runway at the Malden Airport (Guba International?) during a Russian night-assault on the American-held field.  I was not equipped with NVGs (I was watching the exploding aircraft above me like a fireworks show.)  Suddenly, I see a Vulcan spitting out rounds at an unseen enemy in the sky.  I turn to follow the path of bullets with my eyes.  All I saw was a huge black mass shaped like Su-25 plunging toward me.  Needless to say, I didn't survive the collision.

I hope OFP2 will allow for you to be turned into a grease spot on the runway when things like that happen.

On one of those battlefield missions, I was running from a KM north of the airport to try and take it. Theres a bunch of rocks that I had to pass, just as I pass one, theres a shilka sitting right there! Perfectly silent, but then it's gun started moving.

It wasn't aiming at me, so I knew he hadn't see me... yet. I dove under the tank and placed a satchel. (I always take Rifle, 4 mags, 1 or 2 laws and a stachel smile_o.gif ) Then I sprinted infront of it, and and looked at it, backing up slowly.

If finally saw me, and just as it's gun points right at me, "set off (1) satchel" biggrin_o.gif

I posted this in the photography thread, but it might work here well. A story with pictures! smile_o.gif

Rbattle1.jpg

^ I was in this GAZ-24, in the back of a Resistance convoy, when we came uder attack by Three Soviet T-144 ground attack aircraft.

Rbattle2.jpg

^ The Technicals in the convoy began to return fire, and downed one of the aircraft.

Rbattle3.jpg

^ The remaining two aircraft dropped bomblets on the convoy, one blew out the tires and windows on my Gaz, they also launched a guided rocket at the technical at the front of the convoy, blowing it away.

Rbattle4.jpg

Rbattle5.jpg

Rbattle6.jpg

^ The guys in this car fled like the cowards they were, I manned the gun and was able to take down one of the T-144's

Rbattle7.jpg

^ One of the Pragas was still running, two or three soldiers made a run for it, this guy didn't make it.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/milkman06/Rbattle8.jpg

^ They all made a break for this one, but the remaining T-144 dropped a pair of grenades and disabled the Praga. The soldiers fled into the mountains, where a resistance base was. (Really there, in the forest in central Kolgujev)

I was all alone. The supplies destroyed, and without a ride. Just my luck.

sad_o.gif

I had 2 great OFP moments on the OGN server last night...

First was a jeep I was driving. I came flying over a hill and managed to flip the jeep. It ending up coming to a stop resting on it's front grill. I wish I had a screenie...

Second, I was driving a PV3S civil truck to the objective when an enemy jeep comes flying up the road toward me, narrowly avoiding a head-on collision. I did a quick U-turn to chase down the enemy jeep, but found him parked by the side of the road a short distance away, with the driver (a sniper) standing next to it. I gunned the truck straight at him, and he started firing at me through the windshield. After a few shots I was dead, but the momentum of the truck made it run him down, killing him too!

Hah, you still got him eh?

Reminds me of two events I had.

Sucks to be me: I was playing the sp mission that came with resistance, the one where you capture Mirov. I had made my way to the town and urban fighting began. A bmp came barreling down a road right infront of us and was blown up by a TOW from a Bradley. A soviet soldier ran around the corner, about 50m infront of me, he hurled a grenade at me, I shot him and tried to run away but it was too late.

Great to be me: I was playing a CTF match called "Little Island wars" or something like that. We had never-ending Kiowas, but our ammo boxes were destroyed, and didn't repair. So we took desperate measures, we began suicide missions. We took our helis and dived them into the enemie's spawn, wrecking their ammo and blowing up a uaz. I dived into their flag which was defended by about 5 guys, the explosion killed them all smile_o.gif. I respawned and took the other heli, there was a bmp on the other island bombarding us, and someone had to take it out, that someone was me. I flew low, straight at it. It began to fire at me with its machine gun, and when I was withing 40 meters of it, It killed me, but not my kiowa. It flew right into the bmp and blew it to pieces.

And I still got the kill. smile_o.gif

The day I 'became' Jonny!

A few minutes ago (at the time of writing this), I 'became' Jonny!

This is in a test of a SP Mission I am making...

Anyhoo, there we were, me and my squad. 1 was ordering us about in Petrovice. To our left was squad of Ruskies, and up ahead were two tanks, a Shilka and a T72. 1 tells me to target the Shilka, which I already had in my sights. Fired and the Shilka exploded marvelously, lagging me with black smoke. No sooner had I reloaded my LAW and brought my G36 back out than somene cried "Damn! 1 is down!"

Shit.

"This is 2 taking command." (I was 2, by the way, 17 years ago, but this time, I was number 2 in the game! biggrin_o.gif)

I ordered everyone to be on Danger mode. Soon, they started dropping like flies. The Russians were cutting them up, the sneaky swines. Soon, 4 and 5 were all that remained. 5 was killed and 4 followed soon after.

I was alone, and that T72 was still around!

I dropped prone and looked around. I saw the Russian officer on the opposite side of the road. I didn't have enough time to adjust my sights, so I gritted my teeth and waited for him to fire, but then, the T72 casually rolled between us, blocking me from his view. I took the chance and aimed towards where he was. The T72 passed and I fired as soon as I saw his black hat. Then it was onto the tank.

I ran around, hiding until the T72 itself hid behind a building (or got stuck there, somehow). I went to sneak up behind it, but when I turned to go there, two soldiers were standing there, turning to face me. I quickly blasted them, thinking "I'm dead...", but I survived. By now, adrenaline was pumping through me and I was sweating slightly (I'm tellin' ya, all alone against a squad of Russians with tank support is a rush!)

I snuck behind the T72, brought out my LAW Launcher and fired a LAW up its butt. I took cover on the opposite side of the building of the T72. I reloaded and carefully went behind it again. For some reason, it hadn't moved. Taking this advantage, I destroyed it with one more LAW.

Hmm...no call from HQ. Must be some enemy still in the town. I looked around again. 180 degrees later, the Russian medic was rounding the building. He saw me, dropped to the ground and got some lead upside his head.

I called in, telling HQ that Petrovice was clear and the mission ended.

And that's my courageous story...

From now on, call me 'Jonny'!

(Strikes a smug and heroic pose, then gets shot in the head)

[Gareth Gates must die]

A day or two ago hellfish and I were in an mp game together and I made a quick mission with a leopard and bmp. He rammed my BMP with the leopard into a crevace so i got out and hid on this hump. Then, he starts teetering off the side of the ravine and accidently starts accelerating down the nearly straight down cliff. He hit the hump and the leopard went right over me! i can recreate it with a video too, if yOu want.

my (old) ambush story in OFPR campaign.

as you know, third mission of OFPR is where you ambush a convoy to gather supplies. when I started the mission, briefing said i had 10 minutes. screw that.

Oh, I have so big problems with this mission. sad_o.gif But I keep trying. wink_o.gif