The Frenchman

Ofp moments in gameplay

I was playing the PMC Ranger campaign a few days ago and this is what happened. I told the squad to run up to Guba's house and clear it. No casualties. I go over 100 meters of the base near the entrence. A russian sniper shot eleven. Everybody hit the deck. I crawled up on the hill and blew up the T-72. I positioned all my machine gunners at the entrance. It was soo easy. Everything was destroyed in the base....... or so I thought. I had the rest of my squad guard the base while I went back to Guba's house to search for the Blackhawk. When I come back,2,5,7,8 and 10 were dead, shot by... the same Russian sniper. mad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

This must be the funniest in multiplayer. We were playing team versus team with 5 players in each team. The scenario we played was a custom mission where West tried to capture a flag in East controlled area. It was located in the small (but still quite big) island north of Nogova. It contains an airfield, bridge and a small town. There was miscellaneous vehicles to use for attacks and counter-attacks, like motorcycles, boats and a bus(?!). Of course, also tanks, APCs and helos plus for the airfield, one A10 with limited ammunition.

My friend was playing in opposite team on West and tried to get the A10 to air. He somehow pressed wrong buttons while gaining speed with A10 and released the bombs. Of course, the airplane was wasted and he died immediately. The explosion was huge. It wrecked the hangar and their team mates who were attacking with a tank. The A10 went high up in the air and landed directly on top of the another hangar where West tanks are stored. It destroys the hangar, all the tanks in there, their medical tent, ammunition boxes and couple of guys who was just born again in their base area.

Only vehicle left for the West was the bus. And each time they born again, they had only the standard M16 and 30 rounds of bullets. We, in East team, had Shilka, T72s, ammunition boxes and such!

I remember the team mates "thanking" him really much for this apocalypse...

biggrin_o.gif ...and so did we...

i was playing CTI, i was commanding a squad of tanks when all of a sudden a hind pops up from behind the trees rockets blazing my tank heading backward m gun firing when i accedentaly switch to sabot and blew the crap out of the hind.

i was red when i shot it down i thought i was dead

the other day I was playing a mission where I was a black ops with a laser designator and I had to paint the target inside the tank base for the a10 to drop his bombs. Well, I point the laser at the tanks and then I hear the a10 coming. I know that once the bombs go off, I'll have to make a run for it, so I get ready with the mouse. Just about the time the pilot would be saying 'wings level' and 'bombs away', I accidently nudge the mouse not really realizing it. I hear the a10 rocket away and then out of no where, the bombs fall 1meter in front of me blowing me all the way back to the forest. Apparently when i nudged the mouse, the laser started to point at the bump in the ground right in front of me.

A few hours ago I was playing the Resistance mission "Underhill". I immediatly sent my squad in between the two cliffs. When the base on the high right was shelled, I ran up to it and hit the deck. I then ordered 2,3 and 4 to stay with me and have 5,6,7 and 8 run to the lower right base. The lower base was overun by spetznatz and 5,6,7 and 8 were killed. I sniped the spetznatz in the base, but loss 3 and 4 to sniper fire since they were dumb enough to stand in the open to attack. I was going to quit but then I realized that 2 was a machine gunner and was still alive. I crept over to the side and started sniping. To my amazment, 2 crept with me and started shooting the soldiers that I could not shoot. We took out about 40 soldiers together, all but one squad and the BMP's. The reason I didn't kill the last squad was because I ran out of bullets and the only body was a us rifleman right in the Russians sights. I make a run for it while shooting my berretta and was able to grab the rifle but I was shot by one of the soldiers in the base that was hiding under the hill.

(I guess Jonny was promoted to 2.) tounge_o.gif

.Jonny the messiah saved my life smile_o.gif .

One time I was assaulting the beach on Everon that's south of the castle. I ordered the AI to advance while I popped off a few M-16 rounds at some Ruskies firing back. I got up to run and "Jonny" ran in front of me, taking a bullet.

That bullet was meant for me sad_o.gif .

I remember once I was saved by Johnny in the resistance. So probably Johnski, or something. Anyway!

Its the first mission in the original campaign where u work for the Resistance. I had run up the hill only to see a Ural pursueing us. I've always had some sort of sadistic pleasure filling urals and UAZs full of holes while they are in transit. So dutyfully I shouldered my PK and began filling the truck full of holes. About a minute later I believed everyone was dead I ran up to the truck hoping I could find one of those lovely RPG launchers which I never go without unless I have the bad luck to be a medic. Grrrrrr

Anyway, I was searching through the dead bodies when around the corner of the ttuckcame a Russian I missed. Rather stupidly my PK had no bullets in as I had used them all turning the truck into swizz Cheese. The Russian pointed his AK at me and I was just about to get the good news in the chest when suddenly there was a bust from the hilside to my right. It got the Russian square in the chest and he fell down stone dead. When the Russian came in front of me I obviously "spotted" him and the leader asigned a few people to target me. I must say it was quite a shot from the AK totting militiaman. Who must have been at least 200 or so metres away up the hill. Obviously the Resistance has better firearms training than the US army. :P

has anyone played Skye irus 3.0? thats some scary shit, man.

ok. I had the first radio part, and went to go and get the second. i found it, and managed to espace form the two zombies there. i drive off in my jep, when i total it and lose it to a tree. i turn, and there are about ten zombies coming

i shoot a couple, but then im out. I sprint like mad west, to a town to get a car or a weapon, and come acrss the roadblock. i take the bereta, but the truck is totaled. It is about this time tht it is noght. the zombies do not appear to have followedme. i run to the nearest town, manga eto hold off the zombies, and steal a car. i drive to the police base, and get a good few weapons, but accidentally crash my sprt car.

decide to go north and find a car, and so im on my way round, and see a barn. i look in, to see if there is a weapon. no. I turn, to face about 25 zombies coming in the front of the barn. i blaze them madly with my Fal, but in vain. they all beat my body with their limbs untl i am dead. this isa REALLY scary level, and i advise you to try it. i was playing single player, it may be easyer mp tho. this is scary, but fun.

the_unknown_one

Damn. "johnny" must have been taken by the zombies. sad_o.gif

This happend to me this morning: I was on the first "Real" Resistance mission; the one where you had to steal the Ammo trucks.

Okay - I think OFP is difficult, hell impossible. (Either that, or I'm bad at it... *Cough*), anyways, I hid behind some rocks, and I sent my RPGer across the road to hide in some bushes.

When the Convoy passed by, he attacked and destroyed the BMP (Although there was surviving soldiers) and he shot a rocket at the T72 before dying. Thats when I whipped out MY RPG and finished off that T72.

I then called upon my squad to engage the soldiers.... My whole squad got killed, and there only was one enemy left - but he went into hiding so I couldn't find him.

Now comes the MIRACLE!

The two Urals DROVE OFF. My OBJECTIVE JUST DROVE OFF! And my WHOLE squad had died for nothing! ...But then it hit me. (No, not a bullet). I had come in a P39 Civil (Or however you spell that truck's name), so I hopped in it and drove off after the Urals. I managed to catch up to the Ural Ammo truck, I pulled infront of it; blocking it, and hopped out and sprayed the driver with a lethal dose of AK47 bullets. IT WAS A MIRACLE!

I climbed into the Ural Ammo truck and proceeded back to my camp. When I arrived there, I jumped out. Nothing happend. Something was wrong. So, I drove back to the spot where all the carnage happend, and I saw that one last remaining soldier that took up into hiding. I plowed him down. But something WAS STILL wrong!

I thought, "Oh-no, the other Ural must have made it back to the Russian base...", but after driving to the base, I found out that the Ural had CRASHED INTO A BLOODY TREE!!! So I killed the lone survivor (the badly injured driver) and I had passed that part of the mission! With no squad! Just me! biggrin_o.gif

But then the Russians sent in some T72's and I died. crazy_o.gif

LMAO! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

So, your whole squad gets massacarred, one n00b soldier goes into hiding, and you stand there flabbergasted as the Ammo Trucks make a runner ( or a roller wink_o.gif ).

I can just imagine you barreling down the road shouting unprintable cursings at the two.

You finally get the trucks back to base, kill the n00b russian soldier and then after all that, they kill you with some T72s! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

OMG, you must've been gutted!

I guess Jonny hadn't joined the Resistance yet.....

[Gareth Gates must die]

LOL! Thats pretty much what happend! I swear; they make OFP impossible! biggrin_o.gif

I was playing around with the editor. 1 squad of FELINs (me) vs 1 squad of US troops.I was in a forest, the US troops on a road and ordered my squad to hold fire. I stopped when I was 150 meters away and opened fire. During the firefight a enemy soldier comes running at me. I was running backwards for 70 meters firing a papop at him but I keep on missing him. No one else bothered to shoot him for some reason.

Jonny was bent on killing me! sad_o.gifwow_o.gifsad_o.gif

'Jonny' saved my life recently. I was in a Abrams platoon, as commander and was badly hit. A T80 came over a ridge and I was doomed, the T80 aquired me as a target, its barrel raised and Boom, I wasnt dead? 'Jonny' was commanding another abrams, and had gone right in front of me and shield me from the 125mm sabot. He wasnt damaged and he fired back along with the rest of the platoon, and blew the T80 off the face of the earth.

Thanks Jonny. wink_o.gif

or was it Johnny? I didn't catch his name, he transfered out before I could get to know him...

that must have been johnny. hes th OFP messiah.

the_unknown_one

isnt it wierd how many people have "johnny" in their sig? tounge_o.gif

that must have been johnny. hes th OFP messiah.

the_unknown_one

isnt it wierd how many people have "johnny" in their sig?  tounge_o.gif

It is the Johnny phenomina. Its like a cult gathering. All hail the great Johnny, savior of the soldiers! Protector of the Humans! Destroyer of the AI! Sacrificer for the good! biggrin_o.gif

hehe

johnny learned to fly.

I was playing Delta Ops BAS verion, and i was on mission "Anti-Armour", and there was a bunker up ahead. I didnt know if there were any men insode, and didnt want to risk iany of mine. I got out my Laser designator,called the A-10, and set it on the target. It was the most satisfying thing in OFp i have ever done, to watch that bomb fall straight on target and wipe out anyone who would have been inside.

the_unknown_one

ah, but did you kill him in the end?

the_unknown_one

Of course. I hid behind a tree for the rest of the battle until one of Jonny's comrades shot me in the arm. mad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Playing my usual match of either CTI or Battlefields, I was moving slowly towards a town. I reach the outer perimiter and crouch low by a house, ready to slowly check around the corner. I hear the telltale sound of a tank turret turning but I'm quite confident it hasn't seen me but is just scoping the area out.

As I prepare to lay eyes on the tank, I spy a fellow soldier running down the hill to meet me, so I wait, hoping a little teamwork might ease what's next to come. However, before I could even say "hello", he continues to run heedlessly past me and turns the corner of the house.

Seeing as there were no sounds for a while afterwards, I assumed the tank must be busy with something else. So I take one step forward, hear an explosion and see my comrade-in-arms fly directly in front of me.

Lag can be funny. I was driving south from Modrava on the Battlefield 1985 map on bike. Left of the church hill over Heitlingen I suddenly see an enemy BMP2 directly ahead of me. I try to brake while making evasive maneuvers but the BMP2 aims and BWAM hit`s my bike. I hear the crash sound and think, damn I`m dead, but then I realize only my bike has been destroyed and my soldier is totally fine. So I grab my LAW and there`s been a BMP2. Strange stuff sometimes.

It`s like pumping 6-7 shots into one guy and then running away before he kills you in lag because he should be already dead. tounge_o.gif

Jonny saved me again,

I was dug in on the desert island, just me and and Jonny. Both of us BAS deltas, me with an M-14 and the Jonny with an M-4.

Several AI squads were charging us, about to wipe us out. I ran out of ammo and reloaded, when I noticed several AI charging from the left. They were very, VERY close. I finished reloading and brought my rifle up, just as the AI stops to fire. I hear two pistol shots from Jonny, and the AI drop.

A few minutes later, while Jonny is reloading, the AI got too close and shot him. I was too busy to help sad_o.gif .

I could have saved him sad_o.gif .

No mention of Johnny here...

I was playing around with the missione editor and had made a qwik mission using spetznatz o destroy a western con voy (cosisting of an M60, an M113, A 5t truck, and a HMMWV)

I had targeted the APC wih my RPG Laucnher, and was just about to fire when it shot at me. I ghot my round off, which incidentally destroyed the APC, but i was dead. I had died betwen me laucnhing my rocket and it hitting the APC!

the_unknown_one

Not a Johny post

I was playing MP the other day River Battle it was the last couple of minutes. I was hiding next to a house in Davle. My team had just made a home run into the town at the oposite end of the Bridge. I had been giving supressing fire from the ridge in a T80 but they spoted me and I respawned in Davle and took cover.

A Shilka and BMP were in the vilage oposite spraying the area to take out respawns. I am scoping the area with my sniper rifle, when I see movement on the road.

I recheck the map just two x the Shilka and the BMP in diferent spots; must be one of theirs. I see its a guy on a motorbike he somehow avoids the 20mm and BMP HE and gets to the bridge but he is so absorbed in escaping he drives right off the side of the bridge. I can still see his face "OH! S**t!!"  crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Kind Regards Walker

Still no Johnny...

I was playing CTI yesterday (first time... it was amazing!) and i was driving in my hummer round the western towns of everon. I had got to Le moule, and was just leaving when i hear an explosion. I drive away, thinking its a tank, and get to the edge of a forest. I see a brdm drive right past me, not seeing me, and straight into le moule. Someone gets out (i didnt see it though) and i go to investigate. I creep up on him... an easy target cos half of him is behind a car (he was prone. I shoot him, my first human kill of the match. "Not bad for a n00b" came the message from the comander, as i had previously kept annoying him with questions, and generally being newbish.

the_unknown_one