The Frenchman

Ofp moments in gameplay

Tense : A long time ago, on this mission where you as US Black Ops have to plant stachels in a russian village to blow a russion convoy passing by.

We had done our job fine, convoy was out, time to reassemble and leave. We had chosen a meeting point in a forest north of my current position, and I was crawling in the open to reach it. Suddenly a team mate, watching my advance from the forest with his binocs

- Hey Whisper, you have 2 tangos coming right at you to your right.

I watch... There, 100m away, running to my position, having clearly seen me. I try to shoot them as fast as possible to avoid alarm raising... Too slow, I hear the sound of BMP moving in the village.

Well, I here, in the open, the forest some 500m away... Time to run.

Once again, too slow, too late to reach the forest. The BMP noise is approaching, it's freaky, I jump in the nearest bush and don't move, don't breathe.

As often in OFP, the vehicles (2 BMPs) know where I am, but who know why, just move around, not seeing me because I am inside the bush. I hear them circling around the bush, luckily not trying to shoot inside.

I stay there for 4 long minutes, before they stop.... on each side of the bush.... 5 meters from it.

Now, I'm in big trouble.

I hear my team mate laughing over RW. I'm sweating big time.

Ok, time to die, but not alone. I plant a satchel charge, is about to trigger it before thinking.... Well, why not try escaping?

I peek out of the bush, my nose just between 2 BMP tracks. Hem....

I try to crawl under the BMP. As I was about to get on the other side, I don't know why (my head touching the BMP?), the BMP suddenly detect me. I crawl, I crawl the hell out of under it... Now it's really time to die. I shut my eyes (really, taking a deep breathe, shutting eyes before my comp screen biggrin_o.gif ), double tap the action key. KABOOOM! 2 BMPs out.

I open my eyes. WTF! I'm alive. I'm alive!! Seems that the BMP's body protected me from the explosion, or whatever, today I still don't know how the hell I escaped alive.

Funny : In my Abrams, disabled by... I don't know what/who. Next shot will destroy my tank, so I decide to jump out.

I did not really understood what happened, it was really fast. All I remember is, has soon as I'm out, seeing a huge canon pointing to my face, and attached to the canon, a T80 passing just left of my Abrams, full speed.

It's with great amazement on my face that I saw myself splashed by the T80, only having time to cry "NOOOO!".

I laughed for 5 mn after that. It was exactly like in these cartoons, when Bugs Bunny get out of the car just to be ran over by another car going full speed in the opposite direction.

Well, I was the bunny.

Whis'

One of my best moments was probably my second MP experience (the first one sucked, it was some map called "urban" with a bunch of naughty people) Anyway a guy called Elemenz was hosting a game on game spy and i jumped in. No one else joined so we took off. It was a Coop called "Black op HALO" im sure you guys are familiar with. Anyway the guy i played with was really nice, helped me with all kinds of stuff and i really enjoyed that map. This was long time ago and since then i've had alot fun in MP.

This wasn't some extreme-special-bug-where-i-jump-50-meters to-the-enemy-flag But it was a memorable moment

smile_o.gif

I'd say my best ofp moment is when I play a mission that just took a long time to create and see it functioning exactly like you wanted it too. An editors dream.

But for gameplay, I'd have to say it was this time that I was defending a town and everytime I restarted, a bus would come and drop off a bunch of civilians (but they were grouped to an east soldier and they all had weapons). Finally I found out where these mysterious bad guys were coming from (the bus) so I placed a satchel at the bus stop and took up position about 50 meters further down the road. When the bus came, while it was still driving at full speed, I set off the charge. The bus flew at me doing a barrel roll right over the top of me and my team. It landed only a few meters behind me. Looked like something out of a movie.

I was driving the M1A1 Abrhams at a high speed downhill on Everon. My gunner and commander both facing the other way and shooting at the chasing helicopter. Well, I wasn't away of a vehicle at the bottom of the hill because of a fallen tree and it behind it.

Apparantly, the BMP had moved there in order to intercept us, but the poor bastard hadn't gotten into the gunner yet. Not noticing until it was too late, I slammed into the BMP's side and flipped it onto is sides. With my tracks still rolling, I continued to push it for a tiny bit. However, the helicopter had the bright idea of strafing our poistion with about 48 FFARS.

Was funny as hell, and would hate to be the guy inside. I never knew you flip vehicles like that :P.

Another time, I rigged a road with 18 satchels just in case  wink_o.gif Someone thought that we were wide open and rolled a T72 towards our base. When they went onto the road, they drove over my satchels and I hit the shiny button.

I've never seen a T72 fly like it did :P

One time I was playing Battlefield 1985 (the one on Nogova). This one allowed for choosing the time. It was set at dusk and all the lights were on in the villages, meaning vehicles could also put theirs on.

Anyhoo, the Russian side practically had control of the air a few minutes into the game.

At one point, I was riding along using a motorbike - to help keep a low profile - when suddenly, there were a thousand missiles exploding behind me (well okay, not a thousand, but it seemed like that)! I was nearing Modrava, so I thought I'd press my luck and drive into the cover of the forests on the outskirts of the town. I had just made it when a missile managed to knock out my bike. I jumped off and ran (amazed that my legs still worked). The hind that had been pelting me with the fiery rain of death cirlced around the forests, waiting for me to come out. I just lay still and hardly moved. The guy even put his lights on to search for me! He would take a potshot with the machinegun at a random place in the forest every so often. I had a pure adrenaline rush from the experience of being hunted by a human-controlled hind. I had no AA weapons, only one LAW. If I missed with that, then I would most likely be dead. So I just stayed low.

After a while, he apparently got bored and buggered off to fight some tanks or something.

Breathing easy, I got up and cautiously made my way to Modrava.

BUT! My troubles weren't over quite yet! (I never seem to get a break...)

I was approaching the edge of the forest when a freaking T80 comes barrelling towards me! I spin round and throw myself into the forest, waiting to be destroyed.... when I noticed that he went right past me.

From the way he was moving, I guessed he was patrolling. After checking with night-vision and binocs, I sussed Modrava was empty.

I timed my movements between the T80's moves and madly dashed towards the nearest bush, making my way towards Modrava under cover.

Eventually, without incident, I reached my destination. The flag was within easy reach, but taking the town right there might arouse suspicion with Mr. T80 up in the hills. So, being the crazy dastard I am, I blatantly ignored Lieutenant Berghoff's advice of 'Don't be a hero' (or something to that effect) and got into the nearest armoured unit, which happened to be a BMP. Shrugging, I moved out and searched for the T80. I found him, locked on a Sabot and fired. Just as I was getting ready to obliterate him with an AT6, he trundles down the hill, hiding behind the buildings so I can't fire at him and blasts me from the opposite side of town! crazy_o.gif

After all that, I died and got no points for my team, but hey! It was definitely a cool experience! biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Hmmm... Best moment in OFP, you ask? Well, hell! That'd have to be my first time with the editor.

I'd been dumbfounded. I have been trying to figure out to lay a unit on the map. Single-clicked, pressed enter, pressed all the 'F' keys. Then I quit more than a half-hour later. My friend Mark had come over and he was fooling around with it. Within fifteen minutes he playing a level and I asked:

"Mark, What Level is That?"

"One I just made, dude."

"Huh? How The Hell Do You Lay A Unit On The Map?!?"

"You double-click, you stupid-ass."

"Oh."

I walked off to use the bathroom.

lol, I'll never forget that day...

Tanks! 8)

Here's another moment,

well i started play a mission with about 10 people total,anyway the mission was to go to a base in the woods,and defend against a russian attack,well i jumped into a bush on the south side of the base and started waiting for Infantry,well here they came like a army of angry ants,some of the other people took up positions around the base and we ended up defeating the first wave of troops,so we decided to get out of there,because we had a report of enemy Tanks on their way to our base.so my team decided to take one of the blackhawks that had been parked at our base,so they all loaded into the chopper and started the engine,meanwhile i was still in the bush defending the base[now i was all alone,everyone else was in the chopper]so as they took off they asked if anyone was not onboard,so i told them i was still on the ground covering their butts,so for some reason they said they would not come back for me mad_o.gif so i decided to take the damaged chopper that we had flown in on[at the start of the mission we had taken fire from a shilka]so i ran over,jumped in the pilot's seat and started the rotors,meanwhile i could hear Tank engines getting closer ,so just as i took off 5 enemy T80s showed up,thankfully i was already well on the way to our home base,and ended up making it home tounge_o.giftounge_o.gif but during the time i was alone i felt just like rambo biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

we had threads like this before. hopefully people can behave then it might become good enough to be a sticky.

And placebo, i must of been here too long cause i can remember that mine story, which must appear a thousand times in the forum archives ;)

LOL not quite a thousand but Ralph does like to bring it up anytime I mention something good I did in Opf biggrin_o.gif

Actually, most fun moment was playing Vendetta (very fun; sorry i cant rememeber hoo did it tho). I got caught by the policeman, and he was taking me in his car to the station apparently. the objective was to "Pick a decent, obvious moment to escape" and when he left the car, in stead of runing off, I just switched to driver's seat, ran him over and stole his gun.  tounge_o.gif  I think you're supposed to just run off and get the un from your friend later, but i dont lie not having a weapon (even if it is a measly Skorpion) and so i took it.the strangest thing is, he coud see a broken down car over the lake like half a mile away.

the_unknown_one

LOL

I did the EXACT same thing.

I remember one time we were playing Multiplayer we were waiting in one of those massive load of brush. One of the few places in OP Flash that actually provides PERFECT cover. You know the sort, lots and lots of about 3 m tall shrubs and high grass. If you want an example u know the Pathfinder mission? Well on ur way to the 2nd Shilka ur squad runs through a load of it.

Anyway, the enemy team was moving about 2 T-80s and a truck FULL of AI down near us. There were about 5 of us all with RPG launchers. We unleached a devestating Bliztkreig on the column and destroyed it all apart from one T-80 who very heavily damaged and probably having had some dudes die inside of it (as its turret wasent moving at all) buggered off as fast as the driver could manage it.

One of the tankers got a little sore at this and decided the time was right to teach us a lesson. We were just packing up when suddenly a Hind flew over and starting FFARing the living crap out of us. It was ridiculously cool lying in the brush watching the FFARs exploding all around me. I got hit once but when the dust cleared I was still alive.

The Hind guy came over slowly and immediatly began to loop round for another pass. He hovered infront of the brush scanning for us. Probably cos he was low on FFARs and he needed some sure hits. BIG MISTAKE. As soon as he was stationary 3 RPGs rocketed out the smoking grass and swatted the Hind out of the air. We made off sharpish, apart from Joe, who like an idiot had been hit in the legs sad_o.gif

Oh yes can I ask WHICH UN UNITS DO I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD FOR VENDETTA? Ive downloaded 3 UN packs which is NOT EASY on 56k and none of em work.

Is there some UN free version? Like on the Real Mission Nogova? Can someone link me to TRMN actually, I wanna play it now I have a non Jurassic PC.

he

remember when demo was released???(OPF of course)

well i was playing 1 st time and i soo that those two guys which we picked up whit my comander have antitank weapons

, and i have an idea !!!

i want to use those weapon sistems myselfe, but how to get them , when ever i started a game i have only m16 some grenades and nothing else...then

one day ..................

i killed all west units on that waypoint i wet to the hill ..............put law on my shoulder , fire the missile and kill the whole bravo squad down below.

That was the moment i decided that i will buy this game..........................and now i still play OPF every day and i have OPF,OPF red hammer, OPF resistance all originals and i will buy OPF2 tooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.giftounge_o.gifsmile_o.giftounge_o.gifsmile_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Its not the UN forces, its the gimbles tossers so you can have civilian dressed people on the West side.

the_unknown_one

P.S. i worked this out, then realised y there werent any people throwing things.

P.P.S LOL FSPilot!

"Mark, What Level is That?"

"One I just made, dude."

"Huh? How The Hell Do You Lay A Unit On The Map?!?"

"You double-click, you stupid-ass."

"Oh."

I walked off to use the bathroom.

lol, I'll never forget that day...

biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Just recently I was doing an SP mission where you're a tank commander. You go pick up your crew (last crew got wounded) and repair/rearm your tank, then RV with your other tanks. I was late getting into formation, as were 2 other tanks, but once we joined up the action started. The only remarkable thing about this mission was one thing: teamwork. Most of the time we would all fire in unicen. I assume it was just AI working like clockwork and me trying to keep up, but it was still amazing nonetheless. Picture this: a T-72 and T-80 appear from nowhere. We all target the T-72, and all fire in unicen. *boom**boom**boom**boom**pow*(tank exploding). the poor thing was still moving when it exploded, made quite a show.

now for that T-80

*boom**boom**boom**boom**pow*

they didn't stand a chance.

all in all we took on 3 or 4 T-72s, at least 1 T-80, and a handful of BMPs and infantry.

This happened yesterday:

I was playing Red Hammer for the second time and hadn't got killed ONCE since I started it again.

Anyway, on Beachhead Assault, I had an inkling that I would die, but surprisingly, I didn't!

Me and my squad disembarked on the shore and mowed down a bit of infantry. The BMPs and AT soldiers blasted any trucks that came too close. After a bit of fighting, I pressed uphill. Some joker's grenade took out all but one of my squad. After dealing with the grenade guy, me and 5 made our way to the Vulcan. We went along carefully. I crawled forward while 5 covered my back. A jeep with a machine gun was sitting a little ways ahead. I took my RPG and fired. The rocket foolishly sailed over the top of the jeep and exploded a few metres away. It didn't kill the soldiers, but scared them enough to make them jump from the car. Me and my buddy cleared them out, but we both got injured. We slowly made our way towards the village, taking out soldiers as we went along. Unfortuneately, because I was injured, my Druganov wasn't much good for sniping, so I crawled to the nearest dead body, with 5 still covering me (I still owe him a drink biggrin_o.gif ).

Picking up an enemy's M16, I instantly became more effective at killing infantry.

We crawled through heavy shrubbery to keep the enemy from guessing where we were. An HMMWV drove up to the town. That was when 5 had an idea (apparently). He launched his last RPG at the car. It punched into the side of the vehicle, making it explode and causing some nearby soldiers to go on a short flight. This threw the rest of them into confusion. As they ran about like headless chickens, me and 5 mowed them down.

I crawled up the hill, locked and loaded the RPG and blew the Vulcan to Kingdom Come. Just as I was switching back to the M16, a stray American machine gunner blundered near me. He turned and was about to fire, when 5 saved my neck again (it was his full-time job in that mission)! After the AA Gun was destroyed, I was ordered back to base. Me and 5 returned, heroes of the mission...

After all that, my kills were:

Sniper

11x Soldier

2x Officer

Vulcan

2x Crew

That mission was awesome then! I never even had time to head for the high ground because all the enemy soldiers were dropping like flies.

Amazing what conditions can make to turn a crappy mission into an exciting one. My heart was pounding with excitement. I had a pure adrenaline rush. I laughed whenever I killed an enemy soldier! crazy_o.gif

Still, EXCELLENT! biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Wrote this just after it happened in a mission one night. I made all the I'd Harnu's. The way the mission went it was like a movie, so I wrote it like a script :P

Quote[/b] ]Mission, simple. Get to Houdan, lay some satchels blow the convoy and the fuel station. Easy? Not this time.

0:30 AM, Insertion:

Harnu - "Alright, let's go"

IAF_ZeroOne - "roger"

We get into position at some cover.

Harnu - "Theres a squad, Live or let die"

IAF_ZeroOne "Live. Harnu, I'll go set the satchels"

Harnu - "I'll be covering"

Papa Bear - Convoy away on Five Minutes!

Papa Bear, convoy away in Three minutes!

PapaBear, Convoy away in One minutes!

IAF_ZeroOne "Shit, there's a squad where I need to set the satchels"

Harnu - "Improvise"

IAF_ZeroOne "Ha, alright"..."Satchels set"

Papa Bear "Convoy is away"

Seconds pass

*BOOM**BOOM**BOOM*

Harnu - "WHAT HAPPENED!"

IAF_ZeroOne "SHIT! I REACHED FOR MY BINOCS AND MY SATCHELS WENT OFF!"

Harnu - "Son of a..."

IAF_ZeroOne "Well, Improvise!"

Harnu starts to move in. Picks off two patrols getting to the town. And can see the convoy coming over

the hill a few hundred meters to the North.

*Ak47 shots"

*whit**whit**whit* - West side of town cleared. Harnu moves to the south edge and sprints to the gas

station.

IAF_ZeroOne "Whats your situation?"

Harnu - "SHH"

He sets two satchels, then one on the road. The front UAZ was just meters away, definetly

seeing him.

It rushed ahead and Harnu sprints west.

*BOOM*

Harnu "Fuel dumps sure do look pretty when they burn"

As Harnu runs out from behind the building, a BMP knocks over shrubs infront of him. He lunges to

his right and into a building just after it touched him.

Harnu - "SHIT! I'm pinned down in the building. Armor and two squads coming"

IAF_ZeroOne "Where, I can take the squads"

Harnu lays in the building watching the east window. Seeing helmets and faces pass by it. he checks

his mag. 25 bullets. No spares.

Harnu - *Why oh why did I only take four mags!?*

As he crawls to the doorway, a Spetz Natz sees him.

*Ak47 and HK shots*

Harnu took out one, but to his dismay, there were squads of soldiers. Three more spetz natz.

And he only have 15 bullets left...

Firing off to the heads of those commies, Harnu takes one in the arm.

Harnu - "IAF_ZeroOne, go extract"

As harnu takes a final shot to the head. IAF Sneaks to the extraction point.

***Mission Complete***

hehe sounds like 5 is owed a round of applause. This just goes to show how good the AI in OFP is.

the_unknown_one

1: DAMN, 5 is down!

Noooooooo Jonnnnyyyy!! AI can be good, or it can be retarded. Good exaple of it doing something intelligence for once. smile_o.gif

(Resistance Track 3 comes on in memory of Harnu and... 'Jonny')

biggrin_o.gif

Seriously, though. I never expected 5 to be able to do what he did.

[Gareth Gates must die]

hehe... i was playing beachhead assault today, and i was just at trhe last bit with the AA gun...i had driven there useing a truck, and picked off men from afar with a stolen m21.i had kiled all the men around the AA gun (but didnt actally realise it), and tryed sniping the atcual gunner, but it didnt work. I tried to get closer to fire off my AT-4, but i get close enogu and suddenly the tureet truns round and blows me to kingdom come!

im thinking wtf? im not a heli!

the_unknown_one

sadly, "jonny" number 5 (i only just got tht) died quite early on.

sadly, "jonny" number 5 (i only just got that) died quite early on.

WHAT!? sad_o.gif

NOOOOOOOOO!!! (bursts into tears)

[Gareth Gates must die]

lol. it was quite fun though. how fast does your squad die in that mission? mine died REALLY early, meaning i was on my own at the AA position against loads of men. DAMn i should have looked at my score. ahwell.

the_uknown_one