The Frenchman

Ofp moments in gameplay

Post interesting moments in OFP.

(If you can post, a picture with the post)

For example:

I was playing around with the editor a few minutes ago. 1 F-14 tomcat vs Su-25 (me).I decided to crashland my plane and pressed the eject button. 1 mili-second after I pressed the button, the F-14 tomcat shot a sidewinder missile at the crashed plane while I was ejecting! wow_o.gif

Hum..

An MP session on the Radishville servers. It was a CTF match on Everon. I covered one of the flags after capturing it with a Bradley. Managed to mow down half a dozen guys as they tried to capture the flag. Tried to take out a helo that flew past, but it just flew away. I didnt think much about it till the guy that bailed out of the helo snuck up behind me, planted two satchels under that Bradley, and blew me to kingdom come.

It's what I like best about MP OFP. So much you can do other than just run and gun like say... CS or TF.

The first time i played the CWC campaign, on the Strange meeting mission after Montignac must fall, it was right after the squad leader ran across the road and got shot. I was injured and i couldnt walk so i had to crawl along the beach right below morton with russian patrols everywhere. It was the most tense moment i have ever had in a game wow_o.gif

Okay I made a small mission a few days ago, too crappy to publish, had little scripting.Anyway, I was on the Trinity island where I set an ambush. I had a squad of Serbs lay mines on a road that went through a forest. I had them hold fire and wait for a convoy made up of 1 Abrams, 2 US trucks full of KMM international soldiers who would link up with a squad of KLA soldiers in a destroyed town who would destroy a Bosnian supply center. It was over in 70 seconds and I used the American weapons to attack the KLA.

I wish they made a Bosnian mission. sad_o.gif

Hmm,

One of my interesting moments came when i was playing online[don't remember which server]but anyway it was a mission where West had to make it to a Village while east had to prevent the west from getting there... so i took a motorcycle and headed towards the village.well as i was going along a river a V80 chopper showed up and started shooting.

so i headed behind a hill,so that the chopper was on the other side,well i thought i would gun the engine and race past,

well i started to go and ended up jumping over the chopper just as it was firing it's FFARs so i made it over the chopper meanwhile the rockets are exploding all below me,and i thought at that very moment this is a game like no other biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif but i felt just like james bond by escapeing death in such a cool way biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I can't think of a good moment I've had in MP. It's always either some squad team-stacking the server or a coop with one other person who drops half way through.

But in SP there are some interesting moments. Like the SP mission (I forget which one it is, it might actually be a coop mission) where you're loaded into one of two M2A2 BFVs that are supposed to transport you across a valley to capture a city. Well I in the BFV and am riding along when all the sudden I hear a loud explosion. I peek out a window (go to 3rd person view) and see that the bradley in front of us got wasted by an RPG (anybody else not like cramming as many people as you can in a vehicle that can only take 1 rocket?). we were moving so I couldn't bail out and try not to get blown up, and it was too late anyway. the entire assault on this village was stopped dead in it's tracks by 2 RPGs.

Us vs. 1/8th Marines in a Wargames tournament. Tooth and nail all the way down to the wire- with the last 30 seconds to go, I bailed out right on top of one of the flags and tied it up at 124. I turned around and saw a guy lobbing a grenade at me- I shot him, but the grenade got me. Anyhow, we lost by one point because they grabbed 2 of the 3 flags in the last 10 seconds (not my flag, though tounge_o.gif). Most intense OFP game I've played in over 2 years.

In a CTI coop game, I was driving a humvee with a teammate in the pax seat.  I asked him to study the map so when we get close to the enemy base, we'll know the best way to approach it.  I think the island was malden, so I'm driving up a hill on open ground, and as we reach the top of the ridge, an enemy T80 was coming our way.  I stop maybe 10 feet from it and bailed.  My buddy, sat in the humvee.  The T80 stops at the front of the humvee, I type, dude, get outta the car! and he asks "why?"  A couple seconds latter, he gets out of the car and runs.  There wasn't any cover anywhere, so I just ran to the other side of the ridge (the way we were going).  The T80 just drove around the humvee, on it's way.  Since we had 2 laws between us, we just left it alone and called in the report.

But man, to be there, in the passenger seat studying the map, then switch back to first person view and see an enemy tank at your front bumper, too fucking funny.

-=Die Alive=-

hahaha, I can picture the look on his face.

something like crazy_o.gif lol

I think that first time you're playing a coop mission with your friends and you're all coordinated ready to attack some base held by the enemy, now that is a defining moment in any game let alone Opf, of course strategically dropping a mine in front of the only escape route your comrades tank can drive as you get into it is also a fine moment but the full story can be found elsewhere ;)

I see no reason why this can't go into general, it's pretty quiet in there and this is rather ontopic smile_o.gif

Was driving down a hill in my trusty tractor, when I see an enemy 5-ton coming at me.... I think what can I do... I decided to hold down the gas and charge. We have a collision, both tractor and truck go inverted, and the enemy driver dies.

Flipping a tank on its back(with  me inside) then hurtling along at like a billiion miles an hour  upside down biggrin_o.gif

I can't think of a good moment I've had in MP.  It's always either some squad team-stacking the server or a coop with one other person who drops half way through.

But in SP there are some interesting moments.  Like the SP mission (I forget which one it is, it might actually be a coop mission) where you're loaded into one of two M2A2 BFVs that are supposed to transport you across a valley to capture a city.  Well I in the BFV and am riding along when all the sudden I hear a loud explosion.  I peek out a window (go to 3rd person view) and see that the bradley in front of us got wasted by an RPG (anybody else not like cramming as many people as you can in a vehicle that can only take 1 rocket?).  we were moving so I couldn't bail out and try not to get blown up, and it was too late anyway.  the entire assault on this village was stopped dead in it's tracks by 2 RPGs.

That mission would be 1-16 Cooperative in the mutiplayer list for Nogova[the one where you attack Petrovice]. biggrin_o.gif

and war cry is the mission where you attack a village of Mirov,both are great coops thanks to BIS biggrin_o.gif

Perhaps if it were to become popular and worthwhile enough smile_o.gif

Hmm the best OFP moment in ages had to be a CO-Op the other night. Wich Shar has in the making, it involves a Jaeger team, a bridge and of course our arch-enemies the Russians. We moved out of the camp, sun was just setting over trinity and the setting felt just right. Moving trough the forest was filled with tension, a Hind patrolling the area flew over and in split seconds we hit the deck. After a few minutes of running march we saw the bridge as we came out of the tree line, it was majestic. The squad leader ran up behind a few rocks and continued to open ground, suddenly we hear a BMP storming by, we hit the deck and pray that it wont see us. But it turns it turret against us and a few soldiers are getting out of the vehicle, i pull upp my Pskott, no time to aim, just fire. Luckily i hit it spot on killing the soldiers and the BMP. Still shocked by that incident i follow the leader onto a small hill, he halts and and tells us to get down. He is scoping the bridge area with his binoculars and spots a enemy squad about 400-300 metres off out position near the bridge. Then he orders firing position for the KSP90 gunner, whilst spotting for the machinegunner with his rifle scope the two take out the squad in a few minutes whilst me and the other guy in the squad are just firing blindly at were we see the tracers. Then we move out to set the charges, the macinegunner is providing us cover fire from a few bushes 50 metres away. Then he sprints towards us to set his charges. Bam, our squadmate is hit, he is getting blackouts on and off as he is loosing blood. We decide we need to get out of there quickly. So the machinegunner and the squad leader stay to cover the charges, me and my injured squad mate are moving as fast as we can towards the rocks we hid behind earlier. Whilst i am firing some rounds off at the russians across the valley. The part of the squad that is left at the pillar sprints towards the rocks and we move out towards extraction. Suddenly when we are approacing the treeline the machinegunner spots a few soldiers in the treeline. We hear a few bursts of AK74 fire and our leader bites the dust. He is hit, dead at that. I am in command at this point, i stand up and fire a few rounds at the ruskies... no hit but the machinegunner has better luck. When the enemy is down we proceed back to camp to re arm and head for the extraction at abbey field.

Well there we load up our guns with fresh mags and board up the TGB.... that Hind is apparently not gone... it starts firing it's gun at us. We stop quickly to get out of the vehicle just as we disembark it blows up behind us, the previously injured squadmate gets injured again. We head for cover behind a few rocks, but not before the hind can kill our machine gunner. I start running towards abbey field but my mate is still up there trying to fight it out with the hind. A few seconds later i hear a large bang and i hear my mate reporting parachutes on the horizon. I take that as a confirmation of the kill.

One of the greatest OFP missions in a long time, and it uses all SFP stuff (except the island Trinity) It will be fun playing the finished version. biggrin_o.gif

Most tense ofp: Waiting (with my dad on my own coop) under a hill for the russian pattrol to move so's we can move in and take out some planes. very tense; we only had SJB beretta SD's and there were four men like ten metres away.

most fun moment: Playing ReturnToEden, getting to the airport the last man alive, taking out the shilka, calling in th helis but dying before they get there.

easiest mission: Lone Wolf. Just shoot the four guards, go in, set the satchels and drive off in UAZ.

the_unknown_one

I have multiple moments and thats why i still love this game!

1. Beeing called a cheater on a mp-servers for killing to much.

I always get alot of satisfaction and joy out of this comment.

2. Beeing called a camper on mp-servers.

Somtimes i enjoy this comment even more.

3. Makeing dead precise and fast chopper-landings on roofs.

4. Extracting someone carrying a flag from a rooftop with my chopper. Hearing gunfire hitting the chopper!

Better than sex-experience when i finally get away and succesfully return the flagcarrier to score!

5. Multiple times killing the same ex-counterstrike enemy player.

Especially after his peptalk in the lobby "Ill kill u all" and "gogogogo"

And ingame after his multiple deaths starting to complain about lag on a superserver.

6. Running home with a captured flag on the back, with the inscriptions; "here i am, shoot me, i cannot hide in a bush, you will still see this flag".

This makes me sweat every time. I inhale multiple cigarets and press my forward button harder and harder before im home.

7. Seeing other ofp-players evolve/get better. (not actually any specifik moment).

8. First time i used the editor. Never played the campaigns since.

And lots more smile_o.gif

SQ

Flipping a tank on its back(with  me inside) then hurtling along at like a billiion miles an hour  upside down biggrin_o.gif

Hah, I managed to do that with a T72 once.

I have had more great memories in CTI, many involving T80's. One was on German-Roughnecks. All of my teamates had quite, except one guy, Red Army. Me and Red were in the Northern Mountains, near Trosky, there were six players still

playing on West. We decided to do a clean sweep of the Island. We both took one T80, and made our way across the island. First we took over Lukov, guarded by two inf. squads, two T55, and one BMP-1 (Alot of units there, very surprised), then we took the road south to Bitov, velka ves, where we ran into a cobra, which killed me, but my buddy shot it down with the T80's 125mm gun. (The corba slowed town too fast smile_o.gif ) He went on to take davle, nevekelov, and locate their base. I built up defences at base, and I was able tosurvive 3 A10s, 2 apaches, 1 Abrams, and an OH58, which tried to suicide dive into MHQ. Red Army had to leave and three on west left. I had made two more bases and over 5 bmp2s as MHQ decoys. We called it a draw, I had no offence, and they had no chase to destroy me, but it was a good game.

The second one I can recall also inovolved two T80s, we had the west all over central Nogova, they had taken Skalice, opatov, petrovice, many towns. Kassad, a swede, who I had played with on the same server as the one story before this (at a different time though) and I decided to do a rounhouse kick out of the imperialist pigs.  tounge_o.gif  We took back Mokropsy, and then the town to the south. We ran over a civilian car to instill terror among the locals. biggrin_o.gif  We headed to the south again, but soon met an Apache blocking the road. It started firing off FFARs at us, but missed us by about 100m, it tried to make a sharp turn and almost slowed to a halt, we both fired our SABOTs at it a blew it away. I wish I had taken a screenshot of the apache, it flew into the inland bay, at about 400 mph! We took Opatov, and headed over a hill, to our surprise there was west base, in all its undefended glory. smile_o.gif We blew almost all of it up, well actually, Kassad blew almost all of it up, I was killed early in the fighting, but respawned on the northern Island, where our commander had made a nice little base by the Airport. I got a Su25 and came back to finish off the base. Too bad it wasnt their only one, took awhile to kill the other one, and the admin ended the game right when Kassad and I were going to paratroop 20 soldiers onto their base.  sad_o.gif It was counted as a win though. smile_o.gif

Is there a possibility this can become sticky? smile_o.gif

Yeah, i like this thread, a good balance for the ofp picture thread. I have always like ofp story threads. It's such a unique game with so many facets, every time it makes for moments that can't be repeated.

I still smile when i think of someones story from an old thread like this, about a t55 tearing down a hill, hitting a bump and flying through the air to hit an enemy smack in the head ;)

And placebo, i must of been here too long cause i can remember that mine story, which must appear a thousand times in the forum archives ;)

I remember the first time I played OFP. The first try I failed to put my gun on my back since I was pressing the wrong enter key. When I finally got past that I went to the firing range. After remembering that Berghoff said that Sumo wrestlers were less fat than me, I pumped 2 rounds into him yelling "I'm not fat! I'm just husky!" tounge_o.gif

Here's another interesting moment,

this happend when i was playing on the Roe Media Server with Rexx[the mission took place on nogova,anyway we were sneaking up on a village and we were both crouched behind a wrecked jeep,and we were using the fire and movement tactic to assault the village.well rexx ended up running out of ammo,so i decided to do something new,so i ran over to him and dropped a couple of my own M16 Magazines,and then he loaded up with them and we continued the fight,and ended up Defeating the Enemy forces in the village,and it was then when i knew this was an awesome game like no other!! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

P.S please make this a sticky

Here's another moment i just thought of:

I started a Mission on Everon,the mission goals were to clear several villages on the island,so i boarded an empty AH64 Apache and had the squad i was commanding stay on the ground at the airport,well i went ahead and cleared the first village,then headed for Montignac where i came under fire from AA Soldier,which ended up shooting my chopper down,luckily i bailed out and went to hide in a bush near the crash site,after about 1 minute the crash site started crawling with enemy forces&Armoured Tanks,

well after hiding for a while i decided to try a new tactic that i had not heard of anyone using before,i called my squad on the radio and told two of them to board a Blackhawk that was parked at the airport[it was the Blackhawk that is armed with FFARs]so i had them come to my position and i radioed the enemy positions to them and they went ahead and started destroying Tanks&Infantry very quickly biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif and i thought you know what?i have never played a game that had this many choices on how to beat a mission biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Flashpoint Rocks!!!! keep the storys coming guys,it's great to hear how everybodys tactics may vary biggrin_o.gif

Actually, most fun moment was playing Vendetta (very fun; sorry i cant rememeber hoo did it tho). I got caught by the policeman, and he was taking me in his car to the station apparently. the objective was to "Pick a decent, obvious moment to escape" and when he left the car, in stead of runing off, I just switched to driver's seat, ran him over and stole his gun. tounge_o.gif I think you're supposed to just run off and get the un from your friend later, but i dont lie not having a weapon (even if it is a measly Skorpion) and so i took it.the strangest thing is, he coud see a broken down car over the lake like half a mile away.

the_unknown_one