Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Operation flashpoint 2

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NKVD @ April 18 2003,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't give a shyte what OFP:2 campaign will be about.

All I care is the new engine and good lookin' islands!

I want new physics and better graphics!<span id='postcolor'>

I dont know if we will have "islands" any more. The promo says the terrain is modeled after real life locations.

Yeah, could you imagine fighting at Belleau Wood with a modern platoon of Marines? It'd be kinda fun to try out once or twice.

Bah.... why am i lying myself??

I will buy it anyways......

Oh dear... even if its napoleonic wars...

Just buy it.

IL? Excuse my ignorance but what does East Timor (currently named Timor Loro Sae) have to do with the u.s. marines, werent the aussies leadered by General Cosgrove and other countrys (Nato) responsible for the liberation? The ones who got rid of the pro-indonesia militia? America always had good relations with Indonesia even after they invaded Timor and massacred hundreds of civilians (no oil there wink.gif ), i would rather play another fictional campaign, with real NATO forces this time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heatseeker @ April 18 2003,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">IL? Excuse my ignorance but what does East Timor (currently named Timor Loro Sae) have to do with the u.s. marines, werent the aussies leadered by General Cosgrove and other countrys (Nato) responsible for the liberation? The ones who got rid of the pro-indonesia militia? America always had good relations with Indonesia even after they invaded Timor and massacred hundreds of civilians (no oil there wink.gif ), i would rather play another fictional campaign, with real NATO forces this time.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought IL was to happen in the near future, and not be based on historical events.

Gotta look at the IL page again.

Marines were peacekeeping that region before they were withdrawn to fight in the Gulf War. Aussies took over then.

Ahh, ok, my knowledge on that topic is far from what it should be.

Went back and looked at those IL2 screens. Forgot how really nice those jungle plants and trees look. Would look great with some rice paddies, pbrs, water buffalo, etc smile.gif

I've figured it all out now. Operation Flashpoint 2: Timewar Crisis will be the name. It will be about a time traveling Chrono-Marine who goes back in time and fights side-by-side with other Marines in several well known time periods in order to prevent the evil clone of Guba from going back in time and destroying the timeline, thus destroying the U.S.

The main soundtrack song will be "If I could turn back time" by Cher and the voice acting for the main character will be Michael J. Fox (from Back to the Future).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ April 18 2003,18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Marines were peacekeeping that region before they were withdrawn to fight in the Gulf War. Aussies took over then.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah right...it took more than 20 years for someone to do something about Timor and a couple weeks to take action on Kuwait, i wonder why wink.gif . Reason i would like to play fictional again is because i was oppin BIS could create a war where we would feel we were doing something good to the world, fighting for freedom of opressed ppl, tirany of a ficticious dictator, like in the original opf smile.gif , i wouldnt like to play in a real life based stupid event like Nam, it would make me feel stupid confused.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ April 18 2003,20:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think KaRRiLLioN might be on to something here  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

actually Schoeler came up with the idea some more pages before karrillion. but karrillion's idea has Guba in it, so i'm more enthusiastic about it. biggrin.gif

There's oil in Indonesia, Sumatra, Malaysia all throughout that part of the world. Its just not being exploited like it is in the mid-east. IL has a decidedly modern day Marine corps theme as well as I believe Aussie units, so it must be a modern day fictional campaign. I wouldn't doubt it gets released as part of ofp2. Why go through the trouble of coming out with another ofp game when the new engine is due to come out about 9-10 months later?

must...resist...stay..ontopic crazy.gif ,ok how could IL be a ficticious campaign if it based on a real and serious event? Is BIS gonna rewrite history and show us how the brave U.S. troops solved that situation? And the fact it will be called OPF2 should mean something, a sequel perhaps? Otherwise it would be called "U.S. Marine corps" or "Vietnam something..." confused.gif . I think im gonna give up and wait until E3, this could drive me mad crazy.gif .

Well, as anyone else seems to have posted in this topic, so shall I... tounge.gif

I think this topic proves the surfacing of the greatest advertisement campaign ever... There's something to be learned from BIS, Hollywood...  biggrin.gif

I'm sure the BIS staff who might occationally check into this topic are laughing their arses off... They have stirred their fans just the right way   wink.gif

But yeah, I have to agree with some before me that the OFP 2 might just become the greatest gaming experience ever created, that is if the dial on the (in)famous TV set is actually presenting the theatres of every major war ever fought...

As I have been in part of marketing myself once, I think that the first OFP 2 (I'll bet the version number will be 2.00  wink.gif that's why the 1.91 was made final...) will have one campaign with the  weapons, vehicles etc. and about every six months there will be, either as a patch or as a expansion pack on CD (I'll bet the latter if they are willing to make money on this...), a new campaign and set of addons accompanying it (mods) so that the every era mentioned on the dial has been covered...

And then there will be room for OFP 3 wow.gif

If mankind hasn't wiped itself off from this planet...

And what ever the OFP 2 will be, the new engine will surely wipe it's ass (if it has one...) with CS or Battlefield or whatever there are...

At least if BIS finally fix the terrible aerial AI...

mad.gif

Well, this became a veery long topic with nothing new on it, but hey, I've had a few dozen beers soo I'm just babeling... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heatseeker @ April 18 2003,22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">must...resist...stay..ontopic crazy.gif ,ok how could IL be a ficticious campaign if it based on a real and serious event? Is BIS gonna rewrite history and show us how the brave U.S. troops solved that situation? And the fact it will be called OPF2 should mean something, a sequel perhaps? Otherwise it would be called "U.S. Marine corps" or "Vietnam something..." confused.gif . I think im gonna give up and wait until E3, this could drive me mad crazy.gif .<span id='postcolor'>

Well, use your imagination. People are coming up with fictitious campaigns dealing with WWII, Vietnam, the Gulf War, The Falklands War, the Malvinas Campaign, take your pick. All these events really happened too. The mission makers simply get imaginative and spin out scenarios that never happened but might be fun to play out. For example, a Marine Corps intervention in East Timor.

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but the thread is thirty pages! crazy.gif

I have no problem with a Vietnam War style game, it is an exciting scenario, and with the example set by the original OFP, I know it would be good.

I just would prefer a modern-day game. This is obviously a personal preference. The main reason behind it is the "coolness" factor of modern technology, and the greater versatility.

What I really, really hope is that they are making multiple scenarios for the game. Sure, I realize it would call for the amount of units, structures, terrain, etc to multiply, but maybe they are going all out. Imagine having World War II, Vietnam War, Modern-day conflict all in one game without mods. Wishful thinking, I know. confused.gif

If all else fails, we can always rely on our community addon makers to make the modern day addons.

Well, whatever the scenario, I am almost definitely getting it, because chances are it will be the best war simulation game ever made.

So uh... how compatible is OFP2 going to be with OFP1 models, missions and islands?

Chomp, I agree with you every step of the way...

I have also concluded, this is definately a Vietnam War based videogame... If you see that flash intro, the soldier has a Modern Day Machine gun, and what looks to be a Radio on his helmet... Also, the screenshot: vietnam.JPG

This was found at VIETNAMPIX.com Which means this is definately going to be Vietnam.

And THANK GOD, because I rather have people make mods of WW2, and WW1, ETC Because OFP is strictly based around modern day warfare....

Heke, maybey the expansions (or even the game itself) will be the happenings in Iraq and the deal with Usama Bin Laden!

Also, I would expect a major improvment in this game..

LATE 2004!

We will have new CPU graphics and enhancments by then, making OFP2 look so much better from the original. Better clipping, lighting effects, animations...

Already, I know that BIS is going to make one of the most popular PC games of the year in 2004.. Cuz they are that damn good.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 19 2003,05:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what year was the USMC founded?<span id='postcolor'>

Heres a link to Marine corps history for you:

Marines Site

eh...thought maybe the Corps was founded in 1850 and that's what the channel 50 was for...or not.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 18 2003,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ April 18 2003,20:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think KaRRiLLioN might be on to something here  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

actually Schoeler came up with the idea some more pages before karrillion. but karrillion's idea has Guba in it, so i'm more enthusiastic about it. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah imagaine, its a story about 'Guba, the early years-1968' , and how he was this young communist, heroic soldier fighting the imperalist pigs in south east asia, a story about him before he turned to the darkside....hmmmmm tounge.gif

Or a love story, about how Guba met Angelina, the wild times they had in Moscow and how the death of their children by an American tourist twisted his mind with hate and rage at the US, and his vow to someday destroy the US.

How Guba, as it turns out, is the military mind behind the NVA since he was sent there covertly to provide training and aid. And how Angelina went on covert missions to brainwash Americans and turn them into dope-smoking hippies.