Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Operation flashpoint 2

Yeah sure, many mods, addons etc can be made for modern conflicts....

Have you stop to think about this??

Do you really play MP with something else than original game weapons?? I have hard time finding servers which play with BAs addons and nam pack addons.

95% of the ppl play without addons, that´s a fact.....

So a game based in vietnam era is not what i would liked.....

And one of the reasons why i bought OFp in june 2001 was that it was the first combat simulator based on more or less modern warfare.....

Going back to m16a1 when we could have m4sopmod acogs is a shit...

Viet Nam wouldn't be so bad....hell, with a bit of modding, one could make a nice Cuban campaign smile.gif.

I just hope they also include a North Vietnamese campaign from the get go, made by BIS. Red Hammer disappointed me in almost every way.

*edit* and to be honest, older weapons can be a good thing, I'm getting tired of servers where everyone's running around with G36's and Steyrs. Go iron sights!

hmmm, wonder what kind of aircraft the North Vietnamese would have on this one, they practically didn't use any choppers....is it possible we'll be seeing some MiG-17s and 21s?

My main gripe with the current NAM addon is the concrete trees that tanks can't run over (because they're in a forest unit). That's what I don't want to see if it is indeed a NAM based game. I really hope the physics for the environmental interaction is greatly improved.

I like the idea of vietnam if they can get it right, and if they find a way of balancing it as well as CWC and resistance did

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 17 2003,23:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*edit* and to be honest, older weapons can be a good thing, I'm getting tired of servers where everyone's running around with G36's and Steyrs. Go iron sights!<span id='postcolor'>

That is so true, oh god how I hate MP maps with G36s for both sides. Basically they are just mindless deathmatches, where are the good old days when you had to use iron sights to hit/kill things (G36 can kill with one shot, no matter where it hits)? It was more fun and it had much more depth. sad.gif

what if the game is just set in the 1960s with vietnam era vehicals, uniforms and weapons? it doesnt mean that because the stock units in ofp are wearing urban camo that the game will be set in kosovo or something, they may have just taken the picture to show the time era, also, we dont know how long they have been working on this game, and back when ofp was first released, before the oxygen addons, the huey was probably the most requested aircraft. BI might have took notice to that and adjusted their game plans accordingly.

It could very well be a 60's-70's era conflict....just....not in Vietnam.

The era makes sense, seeing that pretty much any warfare after vietnam invovled technology where most of the killing took place at extreme ranges (not really fun for gameplay).

I'd love to see a full afghanistan campaign set in the early 80s.

You can bet the farm that if it's from that time-period that it will be Viet_Nam.

Ben

(damn local variables)

*weeps quietly*

NOOOO! THERE ARE 16 MILLION NAM GAMES! AND THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THIS ISN'T A NAM GAME! ORIGINALITY IS A VIRTUE BIS! REMEMBER THAT!

I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA!

yep.

i don't care how nice a nam game it is they can't compete for Joe Con$umer's 50 bucks against flashy, shiny Vietcong or Men of Valor. BAD BUSINESS DECISION!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BAD BUSINESS DECISION! <span id='postcolor'>

WWII, Vietnam, or historic wargame have success and huge community

Those will leave OFP2 because of that pre-modern background will be replaced by these new other people

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DnA @ Jan. 09 2002,10:0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I love to see a Vietnam mod <!--emo&;)

Nah seriously, I really would like to see a mod which turns OFP into a strategy game. We are trying to this with Conquest, but for certain awesome features you will need to add stuff to the core code I think.<span id='postcolor'>

I bet it will be vietnam

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tomcat_CDM @ April 18 2003,03:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Check this out...............

if you cant see them...

http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint2/uk/images/picture.jpg

http://www.vietnampix.com/bilder/face2a.jpg

Interesting................<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, how many times has this been posted?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL, how many times has this been posted?<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it's been mentioned on this thread several pages ago<span id='postcolor'>

I bet this one has never been posted smile.gif

I hope BIS won't be angry but I extracted the image from the flash file (and increased contrast level)

OFP2.jpg

That M60 looks a little small... and the guy is firing with the weapon on his left shoulder. It doesn't look like a simple case of image reversal, because I think I can see the ammo box is on the correct side of the weapon.

M60 exist in "shorty" version (I learn it with nampack2)

Left shoulder ? maybe the guy is a left-handed person, or maybe the game will include "lean" gameplay function as I saw in Vietcong game

i hope it is one of those pictures that are Photoshopped to look more realistic. the brick wall resenbles somewhat of partially destroyed brickwalls in OFPR, and the mustache and goatees on the guy looks close to Viktor Bocan or Vojtěch Novák or Petr Pechar or Petr Víšek or Jan Hlavatý or Kamila Clarová.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 18 2003,05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and the mustache and goatees on the guy looks close to <snip> or Kamila Clarová.<span id='postcolor'>

Lol. I'm sure she'd love you for saying that biggrin.gif