Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Operation flashpoint 2

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 18 2003,05:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 18 2003,05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and the mustache and goatees on the guy looks close to <snip> or Kamila Clarová.<span id='postcolor'>

Lol. I'm sure she'd love you for saying that biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

anyways....... I wonder if bis will get this ingame and be able to pic up arty and jeeps. The more I read about vietnam the more I am liking the idea of bis doing it.

rs08.jpg

Is that bug repellent in his head band or gun oil?   If it's NAM based I don't see how the game could be as open and expansive as past BIS endeavors.    Im glad the whole Nam idea isn't written in stone yet. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 18 2003,03:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*weeps quietly*

NOOOO! THERE ARE 16 MILLION NAM GAMES! AND THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THIS ISN'T A NAM GAME! ORIGINALITY IS A VIRTUE BIS! REMEMBER THAT!

I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA! I WANT CHECHNYA!

yep.<span id='postcolor'>

Your right there are too many Vietnam and WWII games, how about current events, or the not so past games. Like the past Falklands War , Gulf War 1 or 2, Yugoslavian Crisis, or even a made up war. confused.gif I mean I am tired of payin' for a game that theres too many of them, I hope OFP2 will have something that no onebody every created.

Wish BIS luck

OFP was not the 1st game to be set with modern US forces and it won't be the last. The setting didn't make OFP a great game, the engine and gameplay did. This game could take place in Timbuktu during the 1840's and would still be good.

The only problem I see is if BIS does what Pandemic Studios (another developer with "studios" in their name) did. Instead of bettering a good game, they remake it into something totally different and worse. Although I don't see this happening since Pandemic's motivation for the change was to increase sales and OFP's sales were incredible.

I also hope that the new game can handle more units so the battles can be bigger. This is what really sets OFP apart from other games. The rest always have as part of a tiny elite force. Sometimes they even have you fighting alone. OFP was NOT a "Rambo" game and could not be played that way.

Oh well I'll end it.

Ben

Jeezus people there are NOT that many Nam era games. WTF? Line of Sight, Vietcong. Both are the same linear format, scripted games. I've waited years for a good Nam based tactical game, now with any luck I'll have it. Hey, I had to to make Nam era addons for a modern game, now you guys can make modern era for a Nam game smile.gif

The more you people post, the more I wish BIS and CM had chosen to keep this under wraps until Christmas at least confused.gif

What the hell are you guys whining about? You are getting OFP 2!! Who cares what the setting is in, it will still be OFP!? I can't see BIS departing from a succesful formula of large outdoor arenas and total freedom of movement, can you?

Some of you claim there's too many 'Nam games out there already crazy.gif There's Seal Team (ancient!wink.gif, there's Vietcong (Half-life mod lookalike), Man of Valor (looks like crap) and that helicopter demo game thingy that was in off-topic a while ago. Yes, loads of 'Nam games icon4.gif

I wish some of you would take a nice cup of STFU and just let BIS get on with it. FFS, they haven't even said whether it will be 'Nam based or not, all they did was to release a couple of pics, nothing else!

Guest Scooby

Who are you to tell us shut up ex-ronin...

Little spammer fanboy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scooby @ April 18 2003,10:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who are you to tell us shut up ex-ronin...

Little spammer fanboy.<span id='postcolor'>

Watch what you are posting VERY carefully mad.gif

I for one, like the Idea of a Vietnam setting. I would have prefered WWII, but that will come soon enough after it's released.

Keep in mind that Sith started working on that Vietnam era game before the other games (Vietcong etc...) where announced. We do not want them to start from scratch and wait 3 years more do we?

And with IL as a modern warfare game in the making (a never before used scenario) we will all get what we waited for.

Most important thing for me are the engine changes anyway and if this screen shot is in game there will be a huge difference. (look at the detail level of the hands and the folds of the clothing)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 18 2003,10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some of you claim there's too many 'Nam games out there already crazy.gif There's Seal Team (ancient!wink.gif, there's Vietcong (Half-life mod lookalike), Man of Valor (looks like crap) and that helicopter demo game thingy that was in off-topic a while ago. Yes, loads of 'Nam games<span id='postcolor'>

You forgot to mention the upcoming BF Mod "Eve of Destruction"

semp

I agree with Ex-RoNiN.

OFP 2 will be great as long as BIS makes it, these guys obviously know what they are doing  smile.gif

Well since OPF2 will be even MORE mod-friendly ( if that is possible ) then we will all get what we want in the end I guess wow.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 18 2003,10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What the hell are you guys whining about? You are getting OFP 2!! Who cares what the setting is in, it will still be OFP!? I can't see BIS departing from a succesful formula of large outdoor arenas and total freedom of movement, can you?

I wish some of you would take a nice cup of STFU and just let BIS get on with it. FFS, they haven't even said whether it will be 'Nam based or not, all they did was to release a couple of pics, nothing else!<span id='postcolor'>

If they are doing a Vietnam style OFP2 at least we will know for sure of its professionalism and of the quality of each aspect of the game. But, who ever doesn't like, they don't gotta buy it.

Apart from being Nam based, I'm thinking that mabye it could be Korea, or even the Pacific theartre during WW2. I'm thinking this because of the way the guys are dressed in that picture on www.codemasters.com/flashpoint2 but then everyone else has been saying that the pic of the tv is from the 60s/70s.

I just think everyone should be cool about this and just wait till next month to find out whats doing, instead of whining about everyone elses opinions

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spy17 @ April 18 2003,12:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And with IL as a modern warfare game in the drain<span id='postcolor'>

If this is true, I will be tremendously disappointed.

We've all seen through recent addons how impressive OFP can be with modern weapons and soldiers. I would imagine that it would be even better with OFP.

Hopefully, OFP2 will provide the right environment for OFP1 addons to continue to be used or easily be modified to conform to any new standards.

As for Vietnam, hey, with no offense to the SEB team, I hope OFP2 will make Nam Pack 2 look like an pre-alpha version. smile.gif

Well...i don´t know if we should we whinning.. but if you dont want to see that the vast mayority of ppl buy a game for its thematic and not for its addons you are blind, sure there are many freakys that think about addons and mods, but the mayority hanst´got that perspective.

I thought i wolud buy OFP2 without contemplations but im starting to think about it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ April 18 2003,14:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought i wolud buy OFP2 without contemplations but im starting to think about it.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm definately going to buy it, but hey, that's me. I buy sequels if I like the game, even if I have played it to death. I've done that with quite a few games.

I'm not saying it will be bad at all. I'm sure it will be the best Vietnam game ever. But that said, I don't think it's going to be as sucessful as they want and I don't think it will be as much fun.

Like I said before, the average schmuck isn't going to care about hwo realistic and accurate OFP2 will be. Most people I know hate OFP because it's too hard. "No medpacks? You don't pick up ammo by running over it? You can only carry three weapons? Man, this sucks compared to MOHAA."

I think the pic of the guy w/M60 is proof it's vietnam. Look at Nam Pack infantry...same bottle attached to helmet.

Lol....I don't see why that is proof. All it proves is that Codemasters used a Vietnam era photo! Doesn't even have to be Vietnam. biggrin.giftounge.gif

You idiots! Find something to do for a month! wink.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aeon @ April 18 2003,04:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL, how many times has this been posted?<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it's been mentioned on this thread several pages ago<span id='postcolor'>

I bet this one has never been posted smile.gif

I hope BIS won't be angry but I extracted the image from the flash file (and increased contrast level)

OFP2.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

This is video shot during the Tet Offensive in Hue City January 30, 1968.  For those of you who do'nt know, Hue city is in Vietnam.  Considering that the TV dial is set to 68 when this comes on the screen, I'd bet my bottom dollar that the game is going to be in part at least, about Vietnam.  Where it gets interesting, is when you consider the BIS partnership with the Marine Corps on VBS1.  Take that in conjunction with Indpendence Lost being about a modern Marine Corps scenario, and having been delayed, the complete disappearing act of the 'Nam mod, and the fact that the TV also works on channel 50 (flashing a Marine Corps globe and anchor) as well as the fact that several other channels appear that correspond to years that were key times in Marine Corps history, and I'd say OFP2 is a Marine Corps battle simulator at least from Korea until now, and possibly back to as early as WWI.

If that's true, we may be looking at the single greatest game in history. Imagine Wake Island, Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, Inchon, Chosin, Hue City, Ras Al-Khafji, IL's East Timor, and Umm Qasr all represented in a single game with period-specific units (so that while you can assault Henderson Field with WW2 units, you could also use the mission editor to put Iraqi units in Hue or NVA in Umm Qasr if you should so choose).

I don't give a shyte what OFP:2 campaign will be about.

All I care is the new engine and good lookin' islands!

I want new physics and better graphics!

DAMN, FORGOT TO ADD...

Also, VERY IMPORTANT, I want compability OFP:2 to use islands and maps/missions from OFP:1. Dunno if it's possible wink.gif