max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

A Super Hornet without weaponery (or simulated weapons like the real trainingplanes have)

2 seated (F/A18 F) and with the possability to take and give controls (Lock/unlock) from a "Teacher"-Seat so that people can give lessons to their friends and can show them how to do dogfights in ArmA-3 or how to land on an Aircraft Carrier (like the well known, modded Nimitz).

I think that this would be a good Idea, but maybe I am the only one who wishes that such a plane will be modded:rolleyes:

• Like 1

A Super Hornet without weaponery (or simulated weapons like the real trainingplanes have)

2 seated (F/A18 F) and with the possability to take and give controls (Lock/unlock) from a "Teacher"-Seat so that people can give lessons to their friends and can show them how to do dogfights in ArmA-3 or how to land on an Aircraft Carrier (like the well known, modded Nimitz).

I think that this would be a good Idea, but maybe I am the only one who wishes that such a plane will be modded:rolleyes:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22594

Yeah you're right, but it's without Take/Give Controls to the Co-Pilot or I made something wrong. If I'm right (that there is no Take/Give Controls) then i would ask for a script that adds the "Take / Give Controls" Action.

Or better that is why i asked specially for a "Training / learning Plane" Mod

To map-makers: Is anyone interested and/or willing to do a new Takistan map, but then of the actual border of it with Chernarus?

That is, if deemed plausible once CUP assets become available (opened A2 buildings etc.) for source, and with due credits ofcourse.

It would be awesome to have one end of the map rather mountaineous, and the other end of the map rather hilly, and have a massive valley with fordable river between it.

But not to forget a border should have border-posts, some fenceworks (with breachings here and there, but not too much.), a military zone around it on both sides. Kind of like

the Korean DMZ would be nice. River should run from relatively North to South though, as it could be based on the Svetlaya River, which lies on/is the border with Takistan and Chernarus.

If anything, it could also be a river that ends up in a southern map-edge coastline, as that would make it nice for Naval operations aswell as Riverine patrol stuff since the Mk. V SOC is available now.

Aslong as atleast the eastern most parts of the map are having a Chernarussian feel to it, and the western most reaches have a semi-arid/arid Takistani feel to them. Would be awesome for terrain transition too.

Maybe toss in a realistic major highway down the coastline, that is like 4 lanes wide at some points, and 2 lanes at less developed rural areas, it being a major route for Taki/Chernarus road/military traffic,

thus being of strategic importance. But I'd also like to see that map as big as Chernarus map is, or perhaps bigger, yet rather sparsely populated save for a border-city and it thinning out into villages like how real cities look like.

Alternatively if someone wishes to do so, I'd like to coin up the idea of a downsized map consisting of the Takmyr (capital of Takistan) and Novigrad (capital of Chernarus) highway. Put in a few towns inbetween along the route,

again have some terrain slowly transition from lush European to arid Middle-eastern feel, perhaps a desert even if you believe Takistan-map is only mountaineous in the central Takistan proper. Anyways, enough to talk about, but

that would become a true word-wall.. But key is terrain switching, a proper highway, a border-river and a coastline, all being as believable as possible: So perhaps cliffs on the Takistani side of the coast, but not on Chernarussian. Etc. etc.

Whoever is willing to pick up on this, I thank you in advance. But please do keep in mind, it may have boring empty spaces, because that's how real world is at most parts.

It ain't all fancy close-up infantry terrain. Focus should be put on distance-shooting for a change. :) But thanks again, and apologies for whoever finds this word-wall offensive..

*Edit*: I forgot to ask for an additional question for two believable rather big military bases on each end of the map, one on the Taki side, and the other on Chernarussian side. Should have a big flat concrete-slabbed/asphalt parade square on it for use on however anyone see fit.

Maybe put a few big Barrack-buildings around it, and have it be Battalion sized force be housed there, to guard the border? (like atleast 160+ AI individuals per side are supposedly capable of being there.) Perhaps a few smaller Forward Operating Bases on the rural parts of the border.

Ah well, ofcourse it's up to the map-maker to see how he/she wants it to be, but it still would be lovely to have those assets as well. Again I thank you in advance. Please do name it Western Chernarus, or East Takistan or something.. Obvious perhaps, but useful for identification.

For the rest I'd like to ask for airports with multiple runways, and taxiways connecting those to the ramp/terminal buildings and whatnot. Would be awesome to have a big fat military/truly international large airport on the map. But single large runway like on Altis Int. would also be fine.

Secondary dirt/grass runway could be somewhere else on the map, respectively on the Takistani part, or the Chernarussian part, and perhaps have the big International Airport somewhere in the middle of the map. Would be nice for bombing the heck out of it, or anything. However,

the Int. Airport should have enough room for even the big Antonov planes to pass, and turn around on the ramp, or via additional taxiways. If it's International, any plane should be able to land, make use of facilities, and take off from the airport, right?

*Edit 2*: Moderators, is it possible to add sub-sections to Addon Request like Map, Vehicles, Units, Weapons to the forums? For it may be preferable to use that system henceforth in order to downscale searching through all pages for specific interests currently being piled onto the big heap, where nearly nobody is looking at it anymore, because of it growing out of proportion, and exposure of specifically asked questions to said interests are visible only a limited amount of time because of it? Thank you for taking it into consideration. And please, I don't ask for all previous posts to be put in their respectable sub-section, but to use it henceforth if anything.

Edited by Thani '82
Adding in a deemed important question.

If anyone decides to develop any of these aircraft I will be glad to assist with what information I can provide. I have worked all of these efforts from the government side of the JMR/FVL except AW 609 as it is not part of that program.

The AW 609 would likely be a potential CSAT aircraft as it is not a US program any more.

S97 Raider is now in progress, with a thread in the addon discussion forum

Special Forces Paramotoring ( powered Hang gliding)

This means of insertion is used by some SOF around the world

In ARMA3 would be a welcome new addition

Just watched two personnel travel between two Mediterranean Islands and back again in real life

Anybody know of a Carcano rifle available?

hey guys,

i am looking for a little mod or script that lets me change the time of day on the fly so to speak. I know that mcc 4 can do this, but this mod has a certain fps impact, so i was looking for an alternative.

Could we get a mini mod that would add hit boxes and hp for the view ports and camera on vehicles. Because in reality if you're fighting armor and have no AT you're going to shoot it with what ever gun you have. The reason is view ports you can break or cover in so many cracks they are now useless, and the same thing can be done with cameras. After all if you blind an armored vehicles crew when they are turned in they have 2 choices, operate blind and retreat (most likely using GPS to navigate) or have commander and/or driver turn out and direct things well exposed to gun fire.

This I think would be a fantastic addition to gameplay, because it would make armor more realistic in how it stands in combat. Since infantry pose a threat even without AT assuming they can aim, this would make armor be more careful in how they would operate. Since now if your in armor with tracks and you know the enemy doesn't have AT you can just stomp them without any problem.

Could we get a mini mod that would add hit boxes and hp for the view ports and camera on vehicles. Because in reality if you're fighting armor and have no AT you're going to shoot it with what ever gun you have. The reason is view ports you can break or cover in so many cracks they are now useless, and the same thing can be done with cameras. After all if you blind an armored vehicles crew when they are turned in they have 2 choices, operate blind and retreat (most likely using GPS to navigate) or have commander and/or driver turn out and direct things well exposed to gun fire.

This I think would be a fantastic addition to gameplay, because it would make armor more realistic in how it stands in combat. Since infantry pose a threat even without AT assuming they can aim, this would make armor be more careful in how they would operate. Since now if your in armor with tracks and you know the enemy doesn't have AT you can just stomp them without any problem.

You can't have that sort of minimod without having access to the vehicle source files (mlod format)

You can't have that sort of minimod without having access to the vehicle source files (mlod format)

So you can't create hit boxes on the vehicles without the source files. What about adding an invisible object in the right areas then setting a script to that would add the effect based on how much HP the object has.

So you can't create hit boxes on the vehicles without the source files. What about adding an invisible object in the right areas then setting a script to that would add the effect based on how much HP the object has.

i couldn't tell you about it, advanced scripting is not my thing. In theory everything is possible, but then again such a script would require every mesh to have the same named selections in order to have it self adjust. I am also not a fan of scripting solutions for things that could be done using the engine's configs.

hey guys,

i am looking for a little mod or script that lets me change the time of day on the fly so to speak. I know that mcc 4 can do this, but this mod has a certain fps impact, so i was looking for an alternative.

I'm pretty sure it's going to drop FPS no matter what, considering Zeus does the same thing.

Does anyone here know if it possible to modify or configure different vehicle mounted weapon ammunition numbers please?

For example default 40mm grenades might be set at 94' but want to be able to reflect real world numbers carried on this and other weapons such as the .50, not sure if this is possible in Arma3 or not?

Thanks

What do you mean? ammo count in the magazine, or the numbers imprinted on the ammo model? You can change both... first is a config value, second is a texture.

Does anyone know if there is any existing WW2 Mod teams that are looking for assistance in the 3D art department?

I was wondering if there were any mod makers who were interested in or have planed on porting any of the sig MPX models into arma 3? I have thought about doing it many times, as i like the weapon myself. However, i lack the skills to do the modelling and animation of it. So i'm hoping someone out there has or had the same idea as i have. 

Is there a really good mod "company" or Modding Group that takes requests for complete mods?

Is there a really good mod "company" or Modding Group that takes requests for complete mods?

what do you mean by complete mods?

Hello. This is a model im working on for arma 3. I cant say anything about wich HEMTT version this is, i will release more information about it on a later day. There is still allot to do

Warning: Theres still allot to do and some part of the model may change. cWDybbK.jpg

Would like to request that someone make a Swedish Girraffe Radar Truck.And a As-550 helicopter+a Coast Guard helicopter AS-65.

Would like to see a A-6 Intruder in game as well.

I was hoping to get a backpack added to the game with various camo choices. I was wondering if anyone would like to take it up?

This is the backpack..

PA01-0501-002.jpg

It's mainly so special forces type players don't have to carry a massive backpack for only a few items. I know the game has a small-ish backpack already but this one just allows for a small amount of medical supplies, navigational tools, survival tools etc. The camo I'm looking to get is Black, Coyote, and British MTP, 

If anyone would like to could you send me a PM.

A 10 x 10 km flat urban terrain containing the assets seen in:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29035

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23869

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26898

Just some suburbs, with gas stations, McDonalds, parking slots, some skyscrapers and narrow and wide streets. 1 airport and 1 military air base. Maybe a beach and a river (thus the use of bridges) could be possible. Anyone that wants this to happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3KpZfgfek8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1fcNw-8uYk

plus a beach would allow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b77gQ0X4nMA