EO

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

(Almost) All new assets from Contact Expansion for Arma3 in one shot.
710062493040C301037FF8DBC6317D51DA5C0B03
More than in Laws of War and Apex all together... maybe not but still impressive.

• Like 12

I'm not convinced there are more assets here than in Apex, but still this is a lot. Contact is definitely an expansion-sized package; pretty impressive for something that kinda came out of nowhere.

1 hour ago, Glow said:

(Almost) All new assets from Contact Expansion

that is impressive, that picture must have taken a while to set up 😉

22 shades of church!

by volume alone contact DLC is maybe mostly a religious update? :don13:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Glow said:

More than in Laws of War and Apex all together... maybe not but still impressive.

misses a radar on platform are two
this radars help a lot for tropical islands, the new stuff give a lot of "mystery" also ldf faction is useful for tanoans

On 7/19/2019 at 5:20 PM, Glow said:

(Almost) All new assets from Contact Expansion for Arma3 in one shot.

And that doesn't even count the stuff that isn't placeable in the editor like all the new clutter and vegetation models which is quite a few. Plus the alien stuff. Nice picture! That probably took quite a bit to setup.

• Like 1

Are all the assets (such as those seen above) going to be available to those who didn’t buy the DLC?

The reason I ask, would be great to use some of these assets in mission making. I seem to remember they would be but wanted to verify.

3 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

Are all the assets (such as those seen above) going to be available to those who didn’t buy the DLC?

The reason I ask, would be great to use some of these assets in mission making. I seem to remember they would be but wanted to verify.

the assets are available for all after become .pbo but not Livonia terrain if i remember well

wjth Contact LDF faction you have a fantastic tanoan army /militia ready in a minute

2rzx3ya.jpg

• Like 1

#thisIsWhatHappensWhenYouExpandYourCoreGameWithSensibleOliveDrabReskinsInsteadOfFactionLockedSpeculativeCamouflagePatterns

Give us solid green vehicles! 

-k 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nkenny said:

#thisIsWhatHappensWhenYouExpandYourCoreGameWithSensibleOliveDrabReskinsInsteadOfFactionLockedSpeculativeCamouflagePatterns

Give us solid green vehicles! 

-k 

i'm wondering how to be cool this faction with Land rover special forces from OA and a Mi 24 with ivory coast livery

2ptnvo8.jpg

For that we have CUP, RHS, 3cB Factions, Veterans Mod, and any number of other expansive content additions.  All I want are more vanilla assets available in solid greens. 

edit: Every single Olive Drab or Coyote brown comes with an exponential area of use. As ably demonstrated by Zukov above. 

-k 

yeah at least an ifrit is a base for mission maker 
some ideas FSB special group investigate on livonian alien artifacts
all made with stuff already in game
2n6aq92.jpg
axlbgp.jpg

team leader
5dwbir.jpg

@Glow

Yes, indeed. However, I have yet to see an implementation of procedural textures which match even the most basic and simple texturing. Certainly powerful, and a great stop gap. Hardly a consistently applied design principle. 

-k 

Some more about new assets.
Soundtrack: Kerry vs New Polish Radio Protocol for Arma3

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, zukov said:

wjth Contact LDF faction you have a fantastic tanoan army /militia ready in a minute

2rzx3ya.jpg

But we could already do basically this a long time ago Just replace that LDF vest with a camo-tac vest. For the helmet I was giving them an Olive basic helmet from laws of war.

1 hour ago, Ex3B said:

But we could already do basically this a long time ago Just replace that LDF vest with a camo-tac vest. For the helmet I was giving them an Olive basic helmet from laws of war.

the olive vest from AAF are terrible the amsterdam studio made a better job, for  the helmet i suggest the naked opscore black.(Let me know if you want the code)
infortunately seems the new mix of LDF uniforms have a different UV map I need to wait to explore the tank top version too 

3026ys1.png

15 minutes ago, zukov said:

the olive vest from AAF are terrible the amsterdam studio made a better job,

Not olive vest from the AAF faction, but the basic Tac vests (with the camo texture), like what Syndicate uses

12 hours ago, Glow said:

Some more about new assets.
Soundtrack: Kerry vs New Polish Radio Protocol for Arma3

Wow, there is almost 5 minutes of that, I couldn't take any more after about 15 seconds.

Here's a much better fan made video. While I generally don't like the quick cut editing style, this one is pretty decent.

2 hours ago, HardCoreGamer44 said:

i pre ordered this looking at the assets and watching the trailer it's got that old school dayz feel to it i can't wait to see what people like TKO & other's do for muitplayer map's and the CP look's good to play as well 😎

The more time I spent on Livonia, the more I grew to like it. With that said, without a doubt, the worst part of Livonia is the "old school A2/Dayz" feel of the ported structures. If they would have made all new structures to the Arma 3 standards, with the A3 art style, Livonia would be so much better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do we know what time Contact will be released?

I guess, as usual, end of the day.

1 hour ago, Wiki said:

Do we know what time Contact will be released?

I guess, as usual, end of the day.

Well, in that case I should get ready for a sleepless night 😎

On 7/5/2019 at 9:10 PM, Glow said:

Syndikat have 4WD AT.

LDF weakest than Syndikat... maybe not in general, but when I face two fire teams again each other - Syndikat and LDF (NATO build), Syndikat won tournament.

Motorized teams get little better 'cos Mora armor and fast gun, but once you let Syndikat use hit-and-run tactic with 4WD AT car shooting from a distance... LDF looks bad. Yes, I know they have helicopters and artillery...

I made some tests, here is a video from Fire Teams battles:

I'm not trying to make any point here, just testing some theories.

So I ran my own test (no need to do "dress up", you can just place a group and then change its side).

Default skill levels (40-50% skill), perfectls flat terrain in VR, default squad composition, groups placed over 1 km away with orders to seek and destroy in the direction of the other group.

1 test, LDF decisively won killing all 8 syndicate with only 2 losses.

Then I increased skill to 100%, and reran the test, 2 out of 3 were decisively won by the LDF. In one case no losses (but some wounded). In the case where they lost, the AI was really really derpy, and the LDF soldiers just laid prone lot firing as a few syndicate soldiers slowly plinked at them until they were dead (actually I lost patience and killed them all, but it was obvious syndicate was going to win).

So LDF has SAM sites + Radar (those civy planes and helos that syndicate uses will be blown out of the sky), LDF has mortars and MRLs (just bombard the general area an ambush comes from). LDF has a proper armed helo (althoug the wildcat could use some tweaks such as an IR sensor I'm not sure how one is supposed to use the scalpel missiles you can put on it... still its miniguns and rockets are effective).

LDF is clearly better suited for a straight up fight. Syndicate could win in an ambush scenario, but that applies to FIA vs CSAT too. Also a small force of LDF would dominate syndicate if LDF ambushed them (a mora sitting in camo net, opens up on Syndicate technicals, domination ensues... or syndicate is just walking along in the jungle/forest, when mortar rounds and rockets start

LDF does seem to lack technicals of light vehicles like a quilin/prowler/armed offroad, but it does have small transportable static like HMGs, GMGs, AT titan, etc. One could easily apply the LDF texture to an armed offroad though.

Base LDF loadouts aren't really good loadouts to fight syndicate though, as they're geared by default for fighting other enemies. PCML? complete overkill, a MAAWS launcher with HE rounds makes a lot more sense for fighting Syndicate.

Also, 1 soldier just carries a decorative radiopack... another grenadier or machinegunner would probably be better for fighting syndicate, instead of boosting signal to get past Ayyylmao interference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1