EO

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

Can that robo-arm throw grenades? Knifes? Darts? 'Con! If you waha be ArmA you have to be cool like ArmA:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Glow said:

Can that robo-arm throw grenades? Knifes? Darts? 'Con! If you waha be ArmA you have to be cool like ArmA:

Well, the Arma robot wields a shotgun and can punch CSAT in the dick.. That's enough for me.

• Haha 3

• Like 3

it's me or the vest in the centre is a ratnik?

D9GZlEzXkAA-cxW.jpg

the closed off road is really cute
D9GZm2UX4AALA58.jpg

• Like 3

D9GZXHPXoAAQvCa.jpg

the ops core helmets are cute too
D9GZZRUVAAAFoNj.jpg

• Like 2

This wz. 93 (ad 2035) is so cute, I hope it will shine like hell in the nightvision, just like in reality. 😊

1732029_print-trimmed-1.png?resize=max_s

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zukov said:

the closed off road is really cute

But it still retains damaged doors and bumper of the original car (better visible on other promo screens). I know it's not happening, but I'd love to have non-ravaged (pun intended) versions of civilian cars in A3...

Also, I'm wondering - are those all LDF vehicles? I think so, promo screens show exactly these vehicles. I'm now in full day-dreaming mode, but LDF versions of Marshall and Neophron would be cool to have, since real-life equivalents of these vehicles are in use in real-life equivalent of LDF. But I guess devs don't want LDF to be over-powered, especially when compared with minimalistic Spetsnaz faction (wonder if Spetsnaz will get some organic/native means of transportation?).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, krzychuzokecia said:

But it still retains damaged doors and bumper of the original car (better visible on other promo screens). I know it's not happening, but I'd love to have non-ravaged (pun intended) versions of civilian cars in A3...

Also, I'm wondering - are those all LDF vehicles? I think so, promo screens show exactly these vehicles. I'm now in full day-dreaming mode, but LDF versions of Marshall and Neophron would be cool to have, since real-life equivalents of these vehicles are in use in real-life equivalent of LDF. But I guess devs don't want LDF to be over-powered, especially when compared with minimalistic Spetsnaz faction (wonder if Spetsnaz will get some organic/native means of transportation?).

i hope at least a K17a IFV bumerang for spetznaz

Considering BI was never hiding any content in previous DLC presentations, this is all there is.

2 hours ago, lexx said:

Considering BI was never hiding any content in previous DLC presentations, this is all there is.

They hid Viper when Apex was being presented. 😉

Nah. I'm pretty sure it was all on dev-branch the first day / once the real announcement was out, thus we knew exactly what was in the package.

5 hours ago, lexx said:

Nah. I'm pretty sure it was all on dev-branch the first day / once the real announcement was out, thus we knew exactly what was in the package.

Yes, but they're releasing content in stages. If the stringtable is anything to go by (and other config references), there's a lot of content they haven't talked much about or shown at all.

Looter faction, Offroad (HMG)'s with armored shields for the gun, static M2 HMG, and Track Suits to name a few things.

5 hours ago, AveryTheKitty said:

Looter faction, ... , and Track Suits to name a few things. 

Well, at least that we have seen in screenshots already.

for the spetznaz only this ? not even a Ifrit /t14 /Tempest  repainted in green/russian camo?delml4.jpg

91ij42.jpg

331fxw0.jpg

• Like 2

"for the spetznaz only this ? not even a Ifrit /t14 /Tempest  repainted in green/russian camo?"

If that's the case that's pretty "thin". 

Even if the plot is along the lines of "a few Spetznaz infiltrating the alien site" or whatever it doesn't give much option other than infantry only scenarios......

I too was hoping for some quality reskins of existing assets and an associated Faction (even if not used fully in the campaign)

It will be disappointing to see Spetsnaz without any sort of body armor. Pretty sure spec ops soldiers are not some superhumans that can withstand bullets with their muscles. It was disappointing to see CTRG rolling with minimal body armor and it will be disappointing to see Spetsnaz without body armor. Because it seems like their uniform isn't exactly going to be armored unlike CSAT uniform.

On 6/18/2019 at 2:51 AM, ISparkle said:

It will be disappointing to see Spetsnaz without any sort of body armor. Pretty sure spec ops soldiers are not some superhumans that can withstand bullets with their muscles. It was disappointing to see CTRG rolling with minimal body armor and it will be disappointing to see Spetsnaz without body armor. Because it seems like their uniform isn't exactly going to be armored unlike CSAT uniform.

Do they always wear it? I feel like I remember something about them not wearing it on long patrols or something like that but I don't remember where I heard that. I feel like I was reading about how Spetsnaz at the battle of grozny were just randomly patrolling around in woods a lot with no real objective.

1 hour ago, jakerod said:

Do they always wear it? I feel like I remember something about them not wearing it on long patrols or something like that but I don't remember where I heard that. I feel like I was reading about how Spetsnaz at the battle of grozny were just randomly patrolling around in woods a lot with no real objective.

It depends on the mission but you'd for sure want body armor if you expect gunfights or any sorts of hazard. Same goes for helmet. It is like US Army and Marines on long patrol in the hostile territory. They are not sure they will have hostile contact 100% but they do still have body armor. Spec ops are still soldiers and humans. They wear body armor if their mission is combat and involves entering hostile territory with possible armed contacts (in this case, Spetsnaz entering Livonia in the midst of NATO-LDF training exercise iirc which you can expect to not be too overly friendly with Russians), I'd expect Spetsnaz to have body armor protection as they are no fools. Probably lighter in that they will sacrifice some degree of protection for their speed (like sides of body having no armor).

the spetsnaz are a placeholder for the next DLC 
"the Mysterious  Kapustin Yar Base"
but the problem of the ugly OPFOR faction is still there

Sovietspaceposters-3.jpg

notice the alien artifact, in the hand of the space worker, a clear reference to the findings in Livonia

As mentioned in the new trailer : 2 surprises. Hmm... I wonder what that may be...  2 surprises...  2 surprises...  2 surprises...

3 hours ago, EO said:

Interesting that they are changing how they are promoting the new "expansion".  Not really surprising, people just don't seem all that interested in having aliens in Arma. 

With such an abrupt change in promotion,  I can't help but wonder if this means that sales haven't been all that strong, and they need to promote the expansion differently. An eight minute video promoting the non-alien content would suggest that may well be the case. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, stburr91 said:

With such an abrupt change in promotion,  I can't help but wonder if this means that sales haven't been all that strong, and they need to promote the expansion differently. An eight minute video promoting the non-alien content would suggest that may well be the case. 

Well, I kept nagging with every DLC release about how uncool the promo has been. It was always "say nothing, release everything at once" - super lame.

Now it seems this has changed.

• Like 1

Just now, lexx said:

Well, I kept nagging with every DLC release about how uncool the promo has been. It was always "say nothing, release everything at once" - super lame.

Now it seems this has changed.

I agree, this is probably a much better promotion for the expansion that the previous vague one that emphasized aliens. I like that they are showing the content in a more in depth way.

• Like 1