YAY! Thanks for the update.

6 hours ago, 3cb said:

including: Aero Commander 500

This is fantastic!  I've been wishing there was some other aircraft in the "short list" of other mods other than the Colombia that you could use as a faction low-tech plane, destroy prop, or even a SOF extraction vehicle.  And including the 172 is great as well.

Thanks for the overall update, too!

• Like 1

Variants of BTR60 in the Factions Pack throw errors like this:

Picture \rhsafrf\addons\rhs_decals\data\numbers\4_ca.paa not found

Which hinder missions using those assets from loading upon mission selection on the server.

A ticket was opened at RHS for this but I am pretty sure it does not belong there but rather here because it only happens with UK§CB variants with attribute option of a skin selected?

Edited by PaxJaromeMalues
words

One other person has reported this issue since the last update of both RHS and 3CB factions. They resolved the problem by redownloading the mods as one of them had become corrupt (never did find out if it was RHS AFRF or 3CB Factions). We use both mods in our Ops on our bikey'd server and have not seen this issue. Maybe a mod version mismatch? Are you using the latest version of RHS, 3CB and CBA_A3?

If you could try and reproduce the problem by quickly building a mission using just RHS, cba_a3, and the 3CB Faction pack, please pass it across and I'll investigate further. Where are you seeing the problem? Does it appear on screen on mission load or is it just appearing in the logs? The more information the better. If any one else is experiencing the same problem and can provide any steps to reproduce the issue, it would be a great help. I would suggest verifying / redownloading the mods first though in case they are corrupt as that is currently the only fix I know of.

Okay, after speaking to our mission makers they have seen this error (thanks for reporting it guys!). I'll investigate further. I think it is down to trying to manually assign a decal number to the vehicle. That's why it rarely appears. I'll try and fix it for the hotfix coming up.

• Like 1

The Mystere is a great addition, we have already made some use in our group and have already made some skins for them (I believe they have already been passed over to someone in your team), only issue with it is that the aiming reticule appears to be slightly off-center, the cannon shots seem to come out slightly to the left and below of where the reticule is pointing. You can still just aim by looking at the tracers, but it would be much more useful if the reticule was more accurate. Maybe the pilot animation ends up putting the camera view a bit off-center? Attached is an image of where the shots go compared to the reticule when firing the cannon.

Bx52xlS.png

No sure how to fix that if I am honest. Maybe if anyone on here knows about repositioning HUD reticules they can help.

We're pleased to announce that hotfix 5.0.3 for 3CB Factions is now live on Steam

Release notes

Added Kolgujev Defence Force Insignia to Mi-8s, Mi-24s, Mig-29s and SU-25s

Changed ADA Opfor basic infantry rifle and corrected unit names 
Changed SVD for older Dragunov version on African Desert Extremists and African Desert Militia Snipers

Fixed Incorrect Blufor Takistan Army 2D / 4D Humvee Eden Preview Images
Fixed Incorrect texture reference on AAF 2DR Humvee skin selectable via Virtual Garage
Fixed M16A3 not having full auto fire mode
Fixed M60A3 driver turned out KIA animation
Fixed Missing Indfor / Opfor Ardistan Jet Pilot uniform
Fixed Missing Indfor / Opfor Malden Jet Pilot uniform
Fixed Missing NFA 5 Hilux texture
Fixed Mystere wheels visible through the hull when retracted
Fixed T-34 front gunner positions
Fixed T-34 gunner weapon floating outside the turret

Improved alignment of Mystere gun sight
Improved M60 tank handling and speed on climbs
Improved position of pilot / copilot and seat on Cessna variants to reduce clipping while under G Force
Improved T-34, T-55, T-72 tank handling, top speed, and speed on climbs

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the update! Getting a lot of joy out this mod! 🙂

With the Tunguska now added for redfor any plans on bringing in the M163 VADS? Would suit the blufor factions nicely and complement many of those factions.

I would love to add it. I spoke to RHS regarding the chances of using their M113 as the base but could not get permission from the original author. With luck hopefully it is something they could add directly into USAF or Gref for Tanoa. It would provide a good alternative to the ZU-23, Shilka and Tunguska.

• Like 2

Hi, I notice that ACE3 datas for all the M16s within 3CB Factions are wired: barrel length 410mm, twist rate 178mm.

As a reference, in CUP, M16A1 labled: barrel length 508mm, twist rate 305mm; M16A2 labled: barrel length 508mm, twist rate 178mm.

Thanks, I'll take a look. Chances are it is either directly being inherited from the RHS M16A4 / M4 or it is to do with the ammunition.

• Like 1

Nah, the RHS weapons get their values from the ACE-maintained compat mod (at least in a proper setup), which is using different values:

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/optionals/compat_rhs_usf3/CfgWeapons.hpp#L67-L71

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/optionals/compat_rhs_usf3/CfgWeapons.hpp#L41-L45

FWIW, 508 mm is 20 inches, and 410 mm is a touch over 16 inches (ACE compat sets the M27 to 419.1 mm, which is exactly 16.5 inches). That makes 410 mm a wildly out of place value.

HBAOplus: Go ahead and do the usual checking with the minimal modset (RHS, 3CB Factions, CBA, ACE, ACE-RHS compat) to make sure this isn't an unintended (or undocumented) side effect of whatever other random mods you are running.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 7:08 PM, evrik said:

I would love to add it. I spoke to RHS regarding the chances of using their M113 as the base but could not get permission from the original author. With luck hopefully it is something they could add directly into USAF or Gref for Tanoa. It would provide a good alternative to the ZU-23, Shilka and Tunguska.

Came across a LAV-25 derivative. The LAV-AD (air defence) version (with stingers or without). That could maybe be something to look into. 🙂

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/images/lav25ad6.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAV-25

There are a lot of things I'd like to add. Everything just depends on my own free time and the availability of models etc... I would like to try and create factions for most of the BI nations.

• Like 2

I saw in the description it said the weapons use RHS ammo, but it seems that the G3 shooting M80 in this mod does noticeably less damage than something similar from RHS, such as the M14 shooting M80. Otherwise appreciate all the work you did making this mod

Not sure why that would be other than init speed. All of the G3 / HK33 ammo is directly inherited from the RHS version. All I do is create the different tracer round colours.

i.e.

class rhs_ammo_556x45_M855A1_Ball;
class rhs_ammo_556x45_M855A1_Ball_Red;
class UK3CB_556x45_Ball_Green : rhs_ammo_556x45_M855A1_Ball {
        model = "\a3\Weapons_f\Data\bullettracer\tracer_green";
};
class UK3CB_556x45_Ball_Tracer_Green : rhs_ammo_556x45_M855A1_Ball_Red {
};   

and

class rhs_ammo_762x51_M80A1EPR_Ball;

class rhs_ammo_762x51_M62_tracer;
class UK3CB_762x51_Ball_Green : rhs_ammo_762x51_M80A1EPR_Ball {
};
class UK3CB_762x51_Ball_Tracer_Green : rhs_ammo_762x51_M62_tracer {
};   

I went into the arsenal with nothing but ace, RHS, and 3cb loaded and found what you said was mostly true, as the 3cb M14 did the same damage as the RHS one since they had the same barrel lengths. I compared the G3 with the SCAR-H standard and short, and the G3 had similar damage to the CQC, with worse damage than the standard, even though the G3s barrel length is ~18 inches while the CQC is 13 inches and the standard is 16 inches.

Just a quick question:

Has anyone ever given thought to having a variant of the T-34-85 with a DShKM on a pintle mount? 

I don't know why but all these years I've played without this mod and I just now started using it and its just pure awesome!
I especially love the AAF faction and that you went the extra mile to add them to all 3 sides with different loadouts. AWESOME! 🙂

Any chance the LDF might get the same treatment at some point in the future? 🙂

Yes, I am busy working on some Livonia factions.

• Thanks 3

Love this mod, basically never make an op without it but some things I'd like to see in future perhaps FIA as a faction? NAPA is already here but the FIA from OG Arma would be something cool to see. As well as perhaps some more WWII Soviet style weapons and maybe some after, SKS, Mosin, PSSH and the RP46, of course these would require hours to build but idk, would be neat.

Would also be neat to see a Centurion as you guys are whizzes as making stuff.

When you say OG Arma, are you meaning the Altis FIA from arma 3 or the FIA from Operation Flashpoint? If its the former, its on the list at some point. If its the latter, its already in there as the NFA (Nogovan Freedom Alliance) as I didn't want to have two factions potentially named FIA. As for a wish list of items, it's relatively meaningless when it comes to vehicles and weapons. I can only work on models I have access to. I don't have SKS, PSSH or RP46s, nor a Centurion tank. The Mosin is already in the pack as part of RHS.