Milestone

With the current release, almost all of the initial goals have been achieved:

-CBA keybinding is added!

-RHS (and most other mods as well) now works without issues.

-I've tested this mod for quite some time and I've found very few to none issues. Also there has not been any more feedback regarding bugs.

Therefore I've decided to move the development phase to Beta.

I would like to thank everyone for your support. None of this would have been possible without you!

Updated:

v0.50 (Beta): (9/28/17, 1:39 AM, GMT)

• Development phase advanced to Beta.
  • Added CBA keybinding! You can change the keybinding in "OPTIONS > CONTROLS > CONFIGURE ADDONS > (dropdown menu) All-In-One Command Menu".
  • "Weapon accessories" now supports all mods (or at least it should).
  • The userconfig file has changed purpose. Now you can manually add support for your mods by editing its parameters.
  • Completed the "Mount" feature. It should work without problems now.
  • Completed the "Resupply" feature.
  • Some code optimization and bug fixes.
  • Like 5

If you downloaded the mod within 50 minutes of the above post, please re-download it.

Congratulations on the beta! I've been using this for the past couple  days and so far I'm loving it! Keep up the good work man!

One request I'd like to make is a feature that allows you to command AI drivers to turn their headlights off. I know you can set them to stealth and they will, but for some reason they always drive a little wonky (even more than usual) when driving in stealth mode. It'd just be a nice touch to the menu area where the horn and what not are. Just an idea! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

Congratulations on the beta! I've been using this for the past couple  days and so far I'm loving it! Keep up the good work man!

Thank you for your kind remarks. I'm glad you like it!

15 hours ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

One request I'd like to make is a feature that allows you to command AI drivers to turn their headlights off. I know you can set them to stealth and they will, but for some reason they always drive a little wonky (even more than usual) when driving in stealth mode. It'd just be a nice touch to the menu area where the horn and what not are. Just an idea! 

Actually I wanted to add this as well and I kept trying to find a workaround but eventually I gave up. But I'll give it one more shot to see if I can finally make it work (I'm more experienced now after all!) Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 2

Updated:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyq6jdo1lfrojf8/%40AIO_AIMenu .rar?dl=0

v0.52 (Beta): (9/30/17, 8:02 PM, GMT)

• Improvements to the mount script: Units now move slightly closer to vehicles when they want to mount them.
  • Improvements to the sling loading script: 1. Helicopters now follow moving targets! 2. They position themselves more accurately above the slingloading target. 3. They put the cargo down more slowly now to minimize the damage to the cargo.
  • Fixed a bug in selecting vehicles from the map where the cursor icon wouldn't return to normal when you closed the map while cursor was on a vehicle.

Hey man I have another request for you. Would it be possible to add a command that tells the AI what speed to move when issuing a waypoint? I know C2 has this, but I would like to be able to do it without opening the map. Maybe just under the infantry commands menu, add a "select unit speed" option? Just a thought. 

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

@Leopard20

Thanks for all the updates and continued work on this mod. What you've done so far is awesome. Since you seem to have an interest and willingness to add useful features to the mod, I would like to make a suggestion. This may not be within the scope of added features that you wish to add to your update to WWAI but I'm wondering if it would be possible to incorporate "All Round Defense" into the mod as a defensive formation, possibly under the "Set R.O.E." menu? ARD was the subject of a script/mod for Arma 2 from das attorney, that as far as I know, was never converted to or incorporated into an Arma 3 mod. Das attorney is still active on the forums so it's possible to contact him if you wish. It was very useful for tense moments after a unit got spread out in combat or when there was very little time to position units to respond to an incoming threat from more than one direction, such as a flanking maneuver or additional enemy force joining the fight. Basically, it moves your squad into a 360 degree formation around the squad leader with weapons pointing out in different directions. It could be very useful in addition to and possibly in conjunction with the "Take Cover" command. Should this suggestion interest you, here's a link to the old A2 thread:

And here's a link to a Wikipedia article on the subject: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_round_defence

• Like 1

@x_DarkSpecter_x

Hi.

It appears to be a useful feature, especially for setting waypoints and stuff. I'll see what I can do! Thanks for the suggestion.

@scimitar

Yes I remember using it when I played ARMA 2 CO! It was indeed a very useful mod!

As for adding it to my mod, there are currently two other mods I know of that use a similar feature (they organize units into a 360 degree defensive formation): ACS and C2 (links to both mods are available in the main post). If you want just that these mods do it very well.

ARD itself uses some redundant features IMO, so if I include this feature in my mod I either remove some of its features or rewrite one of my own from the ground up (it actually gave me some cool ideas at this very moment!)

I just took a look at the scripts used in ARD and it should be easily convertible to ARMA 3, as almost all commands I saw are common between ARMA 2 & ARMA 3. So first I'll check this mod's features and next I'll decide what I'm gonna do (unfortunately it has to wait till the end of this week, as I only work on my mod on weekends).

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 2

@Leopard20

Thanks for taking that suggestion into consideration and I look forward to whatever you implement into the mod. I always found that one of the best uses for ARD was after doing a helicopter insertion into a hot LZ. The ability to order units to go prone and move into an ARD formation while I figured out where the incoming fire was coming from was invaluable. I've tried the mods that you suggested but for one reason or another, neither of them met my personal requirements without being somewhat distracting. I much prefer AI control mods with a simple menu interface, that don't make major changes to the game interface or those that have a tablet style graphical interface. I'm sure that those mods are popular and useful for many players and I applaud the creators for their innovation and efforts but personally, they just don't fit my style of play.

One other thing that could be handy if possible. Would you be able to add a command that tells ai to put NVG's in their backpacks? ASR_AI has something similar-once it gets bright they put away NVG. 

On 10/4/2017 at 5:35 AM, ineptaphid said:

One other thing that could be handy if possible. Would you be able to add a command that tells ai to put NVG's in their backpacks? ASR_AI has something similar-once it gets bright they put away NVG. 

I can't believe I forgot that one! Thanks for the reminder!

Big Update!

New features:

("Take cover" is now renamed to "Defense" (sub-menu) and the "Take Cover" feature is moved to the next sub-menu)
360 Formation: You can arrange units into a 360-degree formation. Simply navigate to "Infantry Commands>Defense" and then either 1. Point at a position, then select "360 Formation". Or 2. Open your map, then select "360 Formation" and then click on any desired location. Next you are prompted about the radius of the circle formed by the units. Select a radius and units will move into position! This feature only works for units that are on foot.
Fortify Position (WIP): This feature works similar to the above feature - you select a position and a radius- and is useful when you want your units to defend a position. This is what happens when you select this option: 1. Vehicles move to the desired position, then everyone except the gunner disembarks 2. Remaining units will mount all static weapons inside the defense radius. 3. Remaining units will try to move inside houses that are close to the perimeter of the defense circle. 4. Remaining units will take cover behind nearby objects 5. If anyone is still remaining, they will form a 360-degree formation with a smaller radius at the position. The steps for selecting this option is the same as the above feature.
Turn headlights on and off without changing the unit's combat mode! This feature may not be compatible with all vehicles, and for it to work, the vehicle must have well-defined hit points (because I destroy their headlights! Don't worry though, because it doesn't count as vehicle damage!) There's another catch to this feature: The only way you can turn the headlights back on is through this menu! There's no other way.
Most vanilla vehicles and also RHS Humvees were tested and work without issues.

NVG: Turn unit's night vision on and off. (this option used to exist in the original mod, but I removed it because I thought the units remove their NVG automatically, while it was because of ASR AI! Thanks to @ineptaphid for reporting)

This option is located in the "Weapon Management" sub-menu, because I didn't know where else to put it!

Limit Unit Speed: Force your units to move at a specific speed. This option is located in "Infantry Commands" sub-menu.

Select multiple mount positions: Now the mount menu doesn't close automatically, so you can select multiple positions (you need to wait a couple of seconds between two consecutive selections for it to work properly)

Mount and Disassemble cursor target: You can now mount enemy vehicles and disassemble their static weapons using these options!

Let me know how the new features work for you!

See the rest in the changelog!

Updated:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyq6jdo1lfrojf8/%40AIO_AIMenu .rar?dl=0

V0.70 (Beta) (10/6/2017, 10:21 AM, UTC):

• Added two new defense modes: 360 Formation and Fortify Position. See the "Added" features section on BI Forums for more detail.
  • Added: Option for turning headlights on and off without changing the unit's combat mode. This feature may not be compatible with all vehicles, and for it to work, the vehicle must have well-defined hit points. The only way you can turn the headlights back on is through this menu.
  • Added option for NVG. You can turn unit's night vision on and off. (this option used to exist in the original mod, but I removed it because I thought the units remove their NVG automatically, while it was because of ASR AI! Thanks to @ineptaphid for reporting)
  • Added Limit Unit Speed: Force your units to move at a specific speed. This option is located in "Infantry Commands" sub-menu.
  • Added feature: Now the mount menu doesn't close automatically, so you can select multiple positions (you need to wait a couple of seconds between two consecutive selections for it to work properly)
  • Added feature: Mount and Disassemble cursor target. You can now mount enemy vehicles and disassemble their static weapons using these options.
  • Fixed units not being able to mount static weapons using the menu.
  • Fixed some menus not showing properly or disappearing instantly when the game engine was under heavy load.
  • Fixed units' assigned team color changing after using "Set R.O.E" and "Heal Up!" options.
  • Added support for many resupply vehicles by checking for their class names. If a vehicle is named properly, you can see it in the "Resupply" Menu.

• Like 6

Clarification:

Headlights can be turned off regardless of combat mode, but whether they turn on or not still depends on combat mode. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about this.

Nice update man! This is already a must have mod for an SP players like myself.

• Like 2

Can I ask for Precise Landing and some feature that adds helos placed on map automatically?   Some way to add CAS -helos too? thanks.

You're amazing!! Thanks so much for this update, it's literally all I've ever wanted Arma to be! 

I have one final request for you, and I have a feeling it's not going to be an easy one so no worries if it's not possible. But I was wondering if it'd be possible to add a feature similar to VTNs medical system where AI will carry, drag, and heal each other and themselves all on their own, but with compatibility with ACE. Basically I love ACE but I hate having to tell my guys to heal themselves and checking their status after every engagement. Anyway, just a thought! Your work has been great, keep it up man! 

• Like 1

Awesome additions! You went above and beyond with your implementation of new features.

• Like 2

Anyway to add the feature of squad join and squad dismiss and form squad. For example walking up to several AI and having them join your squad. In the same token, selecting several of the AI in your squad to leave or form there own squad?

Thanks for considering.

• Like 1