Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

Dude its just waste of money. You need to save up if you want to get a decent gun. And dont buy any guns off ebay either, they are all ripoffs. My friend bought a mp5 off there once and the HiCaps that came with it didn't work, also the Mp5's gearbox made a strange grinding noise. So he sold it for $40 more dollars than he payed for it to some poor sob on ebay.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 17 2003,15:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dude its just waste of money. You need to save up if you want to get a decent gun. And dont buy any guns off ebay either, they are all ripoffs. My friend bought a mp5 off there once and the HiCaps that came with it didn't work, also the Mp5's gearbox made a strange grinding noise. So he sold it for $40 more dollars than he payed for it to some poor sob on ebay.<span id='postcolor'>

Which is probably exactly what the previous owner did. Get ripped off and bitch about it, and then turn around and do it to someone else. mad.gif

Is this gun worth getting?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....y=31684

Tokyo Marui AK47 AK-47 AEG Airsoft Gun LR!

Item # 3604469220

Sports:Sporting Goods:Airsoft:Airsoft Guns:Electric

Current bid US $122.50 (reserve not yet met) Starting bid US $20.00

Quantity 1 # of bids 6 Bid history

Time left 4 days, 6 hours +

Location MB, CA.

Country United States

Started Apr-16-03 23wow.gif3:56 PDT Mail this auction to a friend

Ends Apr-21-03 23wow.gif3:56 PDT Watch this item

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ April 18 2003,01:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this gun worth getting?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....y=31684

Tokyo Marui AK47 AK-47 AEG Airsoft Gun LR!  

Item # 3604469220  

Sports:Sporting Goods:Airsoft:Airsoft Guns:Electric  

Current bid  US $122.50   (reserve not yet met)   Starting bid  US $20.00  

Quantity  1   # of bids  6   Bid history  

Time left  4 days, 6 hours +

Location  MB, CA.  

Country  United States  

Started  Apr-16-03 23wow.gif3:56 PDT     Mail this auction to a friend

Ends  Apr-21-03 23wow.gif3:56 PDT     Watch this item<span id='postcolor'>

eBay....... no.

I repeat as other people said, you'll get ripped off.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 19 2003,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, I read this awhile ago and what do you know! It helped convince me to buy my Tokyo Mauri AK-47!

My friends and I live out in the middle of nowhere with no cops so we walk around with our Ak's, G3's, Mp5's and our M4s shooting at Deer!! Its dosn't seem to hurt them, but its fun.

We onganized a kinda neighborhood militia and we are trying to get into a tournament.

Airsoft is goodtimes!<span id='postcolor'>

Shooting at animals is illegal, unless you are holding a hunter's license.

Irresponsible users like you are threatening Airsoft as a sport in the UK mad.gif

Then you got all those 14 yr old kids that buy a cheap springer pistol for 5 quid and start shooting other kids in the eyes mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 18 2003,11:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 19 2003,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, I read this awhile ago and what do you know! It helped convince me to buy my Tokyo Mauri AK-47!

My friends and I live out in the middle of nowhere with no cops so we walk around with our Ak's, G3's, Mp5's and our M4s shooting at Deer!! Its dosn't seem to hurt them, but its fun.

We onganized a kinda neighborhood militia and we are trying to get into a tournament.

Irresponsible users like you are threatening Airsoft as a sport in the UK mad.gif

Then you got all those 14 yr old kids that buy a cheap springer pistol for 5 quid and start shooting other kids in the eyes mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah!

THat's how gun replica's became illegal here in The Netherlands. mad.gif

Stupid irresponsible 14 yr old kids. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ April 18 2003,05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you have a M60 mounted on your truck? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Are you going to give me $1000? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ah yes the American hillbillies come out in force!

*gets his straw hat and shotgun*

Yeeeha!<span id='postcolor'>

Yay! Time for target practice!

Jinef, run out into that field there, try to act like a deer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can someone help me?

I wanna get this gun

tm_sr_mp5a3_low.jpg

But it says Marui MP5A3 ( Spring Gun ). I read that you had to like cock it every time you fire? Can soemoen give me the dummy's guide to a spring gun. How fast can you reload it, and how much does it way? Also are there places in Vermont besides in the woods where you can fight?<span id='postcolor'>

Don't buy a springer if you plan on using it in a match.

It'd be like taking a musket to take on a Russian heavy infantry squad. Everyone else will have fully automatic weapons and you'll be working a bolt.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 18 2003,11:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(1)Shooting at animals is illegal, unless you are holding a hunter's license.

(2)Irresponsible users like you are threatening Airsoft as a sport in the UK mad.gif

(3)Then you got all those 14 yr old kids that buy a cheap springer pistol for 5 quid and start shooting other kids in the eyes mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

(1)u don`t need a license in the  uk although ur limited to vermin as far as a know so if u have some birds shitting on ur head when u go out u can`t shoot them legally

(2)the media and retards are the main reason.

(3) oh no little johnny shot his friend in t he ass and it STINGS like hell well it makes a change from them gegtting pissed on cheap cider and vandalising cars confused.gif

ps i stuckm the numbers in to make it easier to read.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 18 2003,04:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 19 2003,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, I read this awhile ago and what do you know! It helped convince me to buy my Tokyo Mauri AK-47!

Then you got all those 14 yr old kids that buy a cheap springer pistol for 5 quid and start shooting other kids in the eyes mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

1. Last time i checked, Airsoft bullets wont do crap to a deer (yeah, i just checked) Besides, these are the Deer that eat my plants, shit in my yard, and drive my dog nuts!

2. You anger me, but im sure I anger you. But the last thing I do is go near civilization with My AEG. Thats plain stupid, plus the cops will get called and shoot me on site, no matter what I do. I also excersise proper safety percautions with my gun.

3. They probably deserved it,(they will learn, just be happy it wasnt a real pistol) I was at a town here in Texas on the coast, I went into an Sports store and found myself surrounded by little 11 year olds. One picked up a Micro UZI and pointed at his kid brother's eyes. I grabbed it from him and said "Hey kid that this is loaded." I pulled out the mag to show him and that didn't seem to bother him, even though he was about to shoot his brother right in the eye. True story, but it goes to show you how foolish some people are. If you took away airsoft, then they find something else to shoot their little brother's eye out with.

im looking into buying an airsoft gun, an ak47s or a m40a1 from www.redwolfairsoft.com but... cant really decide. just wondering if anyone has had problems or more personal use information about these? also whats a decent feet per second on a automatic 300-400fps? i wanna try and make a descision... but i dont have enough information

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 19 2003,08:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im looking into buying an airsoft gun, an ak47s or a m40a1 from www.redwolfairsoft.com but... cant really decide. just wondering if anyone has had problems or more personal use information about these? also whats a decent feet per second on a automatic 300-400fps? i wanna try and make a descision... but i dont have enough information<span id='postcolor'>

If you're in the UK, I wouldn't go higher than 320 fps on a full auto gun, otherwise it would be very difficult to find a site that would let you play on it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Originally posted by Renegade

u don`t need a license in the uk although ur limited to vermin as far as a know so if u have some birds shitting on ur head when u go out u can`t shoot them legally

<span id='postcolor'>

Irrelevant, if you fire an airsoft gun at animals, you are committing an offense. Period.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Originally posted by Renegade

the media and retards are the main reason<span id='postcolor'>

The media would have nothing to whinge about if people were responsible and only used their AEG's on selected airsoft sites ONLY.

oh no little johnny shot his friend in t he ass and it STINGS like hell well it makes a change from them gegtting pissed on cheap cider and vandalising cars confused.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

You really have a hard time using your brains, don't you crazy.gif An airsoft gun was discharged on the street, aimed at a kid that most likely didn't give his consent about getting shot at and may have suffered damage to the eye - this is an offense, this causes bad press for airsoft, this type of moronic behaviour will kill airsoft in the uk, its not hard to understand crazy.gif

Sgt Milkman, I don't know about your first point, but in the UK it is definitely illegal to shoot ANY animal with ANY type of airsoft gun, full stop. That is the law and I can't stand people that don't abide by it.

As for your 2nd point, good smile.gif

For your 3rd point, you seem to have missed my point. My point is that when a 14 yr old takes his cheap springer and shoots anoter kid in the eye, this will make it into the press which will then start and take airsoft guns and their users and brand them terrorists and all kind of bollox. Never mind the fact that the UK has certain problems with certain kids anyway (townies anyone crazy.gif ) and this gets widely ignored by the media.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(3) oh no little johnny shot his friend in t he ass and it STINGS like hell well it makes a change from them gegtting pissed on cheap cider and vandalising cars confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh no, little Johnny just shot his friend in the eye and half-blinded him permanently! Now little Johnny will be working off the lawsuit debt for the rest of his life while his friend lives with only one eye.

Good call johnny!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. Last time i checked, Airsoft bullets wont do crap to a deer (yeah, i just checked) Besides, these are the Deer that eat my plants, shit in my yard, and drive my dog nuts!<span id='postcolor'>

So get a hunters liscense, go out to a legal hunting area, and shoot them.

They're in your yard? Scare them off.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 19 2003,12:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 19 2003,08:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im looking into buying an airsoft gun, an ak47s or a m40a1 from www.redwolfairsoft.com but... cant really decide. just wondering if anyone has had problems or more personal use information about these? also whats a decent feet per second on a automatic 300-400fps? i wanna try and make a descision... but i dont have enough information<span id='postcolor'>

If you're in the UK, I wouldn't go higher than 320 fps on a full auto gun, otherwise it would be very difficult to find a site that would let you play on it.<span id='postcolor'>

no, i live in the US

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 19 2003,20:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 19 2003,12:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 19 2003,08:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im looking into buying an airsoft gun, an ak47s or a m40a1 from www.redwolfairsoft.com but... cant really decide. just wondering if anyone has had problems or more personal use information about these? also whats a decent feet per second on a automatic 300-400fps? i wanna try and make a descision... but i dont have enough information<span id='postcolor'>

If you're in the UK, I wouldn't go higher than 320 fps on a full auto gun, otherwise it would be very difficult to find a site that would let you play on it.<span id='postcolor'>

no, i live in the US<span id='postcolor'>

I doubt you'll find many fields ANYWHERE that will let you run a 'hot' gun.

About hte only time I've heard of AEG's being allowed to run hot are when you are using a sniper specific weapon in a sniper role, and then you need the extra oomph to get the pellet on target.

From personal experience (mostly with paintball, not airsoft) getting hit at close range wit a hot gun is a really really bad thing.

hmm .. it would be too easy to call the airsoft players "wanabees" and there are a few ex-military who play ..... but :

why using gun replicas that cost a nice little ammount of money when you can play to something more functionnal like the paintball .....

but one thing i'd like to know : why using exact gun replicas ?

you don't have the guts to use the real ones ? you aren't allowed to fire real ones ? you're too lazy to do necessary things to get to fire real ones ? realism (because playing a capture the flag is a realist scenario?) ?

in my own opinion i think airsoft guns are just gadgets , movie accessories for film crews too cheap to use real guns with blanks or who don't want to risk actor's life

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 19 2003,20:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm .. it would be too easy to call the airsoft players "wanabees" and there are a few ex-military who play ..... but :

why using gun replicas that cost a nice little ammount of money when you can play to something more functionnal like the paintball .....

you don't have the guts to use the real ones ? you aren't allowed to fire real ones ? you're too lazy to do necessary things to get to fire real ones ? realism (because playing a capture the flag is a realist scenario?) ?

in my own opinion i think airsoft guns are just gadgets , movie accessories for film crews too cheap to use real guns with blanks or who don't want to risk actor's life<span id='postcolor'>

I totally disagree with you here Ran.

Not everyone wants to join the military, but some people want the 'experience'. And putting it bluntly, paintball doesnt cut it if you're trying to be realistic. The guns are very sci fi looking. Plus paintballs are more expensive than airsoft pellets!

I dont play either, but my personal comparison would be:

Airsoft = OFP

Paintball = CS

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 19 2003,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Airsoft = OFP

Paintball = CS

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

nail, head, hit wink.gif

i have played both a few time, not real seriously yet since there is only 1 field in my area(next nearest is 100miles away). I felt that airsoft had a funner atmosphere while paintball was all about competition. airsoft was more relaxed,ust go to have fun type of gameplay while paintball was full of the wannabe "1337" peoplelike you find in CS (the guy who said it fist was totally right on the money). Airsoft guns espacially AEGs might be more expensive to buy but they are cheaper to run over time, due to ammo and propellant costs of paintball.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 20 2003,02:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Airsoft = OFP

Paintball = CS<span id='postcolor'>

That's almost signature-worthy. biggrin.gif

Airsoft is for the reserves special ops, so to speak. They love running around with guns playing military, but have a non-military job for whatever reason (family, money, too old, too young).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 19 2003,20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 19 2003,20:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 19 2003,12:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 19 2003,08:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im looking into buying an airsoft gun, an ak47s or a m40a1 from www.redwolfairsoft.com but... cant really decide. just wondering if anyone has had problems or more personal use information about these? also whats a decent feet per second on a automatic 300-400fps? i wanna try and make a descision... but i dont have enough information<span id='postcolor'>

About hte only time I've heard of AEG's being allowed to run hot are when you are using a sniper specific weapon in a sniper role, and then you need the extra oomph to get the pellet on target.

From personal experience (mostly with paintball, not airsoft) getting hit at close range wit a hot gun is a really really bad thing.<span id='postcolor'>

fields? heh... me and my freind walk up to a nearby park at night and play

Don't come complaining to us when you get shot by a police officer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 19 2003,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 19 2003,20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 19 2003,20:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 19 2003,12:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 19 2003,08:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im looking into buying an airsoft gun, an ak47s or a m40a1 from www.redwolfairsoft.com but... cant really decide. just wondering if anyone has had problems or more personal use information about these? also whats a decent feet per second on a automatic 300-400fps? i wanna try and make a descision... but i dont have enough information<span id='postcolor'>

From personal experience (mostly with paintball, not airsoft) getting hit at close range wit a hot gun is a really really bad thing.<span id='postcolor'>

fields? heh... me and my freind walk up to a nearby park at night and play<span id='postcolor'>

I'm sorry, but you deserve to be shot with such an obvious display of obvious stupidity crazy.gifmad.gifcrazy.gifmad.gifcrazy.gifmad.gifconfused.gif

Never mind what this does to the sport mad.gifcrazy.gifconfused.gifsad.gif

i dont see how playing in the middle of a park does anything, in my opion this is better then playing with a bunch of idiots i dont know, also having to drive a way away to get there. and with my freinds its more fun. its not like were running around in the middle of the streets in a houseing development.

edit: oh yeah, and where i live in vegas i have to drive half way across town to get to a paintball area, i dont fucking think so.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 19 2003,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 19 2003,20:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm .. it would be too easy to call the airsoft players "wanabees" and there are a few ex-military who play ..... but :

in my own opinion i think airsoft guns are just gadgets , movie accessories for film crews too cheap to use real guns with blanks or who don't want to risk actor's life<span id='postcolor'>

Not everyone wants to join the military, but some people want the 'experience'.  And putting it bluntly, paintball doesnt cut it if you're trying to be realistic.  The guns are very sci fi looking.  Plus paintballs are more expensive than airsoft pellets!

Airsoft = OFP

Paintball = CS

i work this way :

no balls (and no , not the ammo ones), no guns

i think airsoft guns are a disturbing useless costly kind of entertainment

why do people feel the need to play around with gun replicas ? i find that pretty unconfortable since i sometimes (happened rarely , but it happened both during my military service time and police time) get to shoot people with real ones

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 19 2003,22:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 19 2003,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 19 2003,20:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm .. it would be too easy to call the airsoft players "wanabees" and there are a few ex-military who play ..... but :

Not everyone wants to join the military, but some people want the 'experience'.  And putting it bluntly, paintball doesnt cut it if you're trying to be realistic.  The guns are very sci fi looking.  Plus paintballs are more expensive than airsoft pellets!

Airsoft = OFP

Paintball = CS

i work this way :

no balls (and no , not the ammo ones), no guns

i think airsoft guns are a disturbing useless costly kind of entertainment

why do people feel the need to play around with gun replicas ? i find that pretty unconfortable since i sometimes  (happened rarely , but it happened both during my military service time and police time) get to shoot people with real ones<span id='postcolor'>

Think of it as a means of inflicting pain on your friends without blowing limbs off.

I used to go shooting with my old air rifle, but its so powerful I now need a license for it. Those pesky rabbits are breeding again now!