Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

Damn FS, you had to point it out.  Wanted to see who'd fall for it first  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Reminds me of the woman who bought cheats for a game for a few hundred dollars. <span id='postcolor'>

Or the guy that bought the Playstation Two BOX for a few hundred tounge.gif

I'd do that but I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

without doing it again. biggrin.gif

I'd sell Saddam an invisible weapon of mass destruction photograph.

biggrin.gif

Lol, do not get a g3, it sucks, if its the spring version, plz dont get it,its all plastic, and if you want a good gun for say 39.99, get a UHC MP5 , these guns last quite awhile and are superior over the g3, but hey if you want a g3 go ahead, but youll probobaly regret it.

Well, once again, I can't find anyone in my area who plays, so I'll hold off on making any major investments. Besides, I'd probably just end up shooting at the neighborhood stray cats anyways.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 11 2003,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, once again, I can't find anyone in my area who plays, so I'll hold off on making any major investments. Besides, I'd probably just end up shooting at the neighborhood stray cats anyways.<span id='postcolor'>

Strangely....

I found people in my area although this kind of airsoft is illegal here. tounge.gif

We play airsoft at our southern neighbours, Belgium. wink.gif

That's where i'll store my gun. I'll only use it for skirmishes anyway.

FS, if you are going for your first aeg, yes it is a great gun

here is a Video

And I didnt know that you were talking about AEGS biggrin.gif , im getting a p90 in about a month.

Harnu, if your having trouble picking go to Airsoftretreat forums

We'll help you choose

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Feb. 10 2003,01wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm looking at either

FAMAS, G3A3, G3A4, or SG1.  Which one do you suggest?

At WGC Shop  I saw some pretty nice things.

When buying magazines, theres one that was 70 rounds for G3, and one that was 500 rounds for G3.  Why the big difference?  Does it matter which one you get?

Does round capacity make that much of a difference?

P.S.  When it say's "Hop up", what does that mean?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, if it is an Auto, round capacity does matter, ALOT. The bigger magazine is called a Hi-cap.  I would get a Hicap with your gun, believe me, itll be your best friend tounge.gif

If you guys wanna see any videos, just ask

if you want realism..

use standard mags and only put 30 BB's per magazine in. wink.gif

Though, i wouldn't recommend it if ur going to be the only player doing that. tounge.gif

Haha, that would be funny, youd be player, one shot and youll be out lol.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wilco @ Feb. 11 2003,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Feb. 10 2003,01wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm looking at either

FAMAS, G3A3, G3A4, or SG1.  Which one do you suggest?

At WGC Shop  I saw some pretty nice things.

When buying magazines, theres one that was 70 rounds for G3, and one that was 500 rounds for G3.  Why the big difference?  Does it matter which one you get?

Does round capacity make that much of a difference?

P.S.  When it say's "Hop up", what does that mean?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, if it is an Auto, round capacity does matter, ALOT. The bigger magazine is called a Hi-cap.  I would get a Hicap with your gun, believe me, itll be your best friend <!--emo&tounge.gif

If you guys wanna see any videos, just ask<span id='postcolor'>

u can supposedly get 1000 drum mags for some guns smile.gif

Ya, drum magazines for the m16 and the SAW, also the m60, the non standard magazines like the drum and box most likely carry more.

I'll just get a FAMAS with a 300 round mag, and a standard round mag for firepower as I reload.

Judging by that wonderful video it'll go through that 30 rounds like butta wink.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 11 2003,05:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, once again, I can't find anyone in my area who plays, so I'll hold off on making any major investments. Besides, I'd probably just end up shooting at the neighborhood stray cats anyways.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh no?

http://www.google.com/search?....airsoft

Thanks bro, but Plano is over 6 hours of highway driving away from here. Also, I already checked out the ARS forums, and aside from one or two year old cries in the wilderness from my area, it seems like most of the Airsofting in Texas goes on in the Katy area. Oh well

Right sorry. I'm used to New Jersey where everythings a half hour drive. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 11 2003,06:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right sorry.  I'm used to New Jersey where everythings a half hour drive. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

not a total loss. I know a bunch of paintballers around here; I'll go out to their fields and see if there's an airsoft underground or something

I've heard of people converting airsoft guns to paintball. So you still get a real looking gun, but you have to pay for the ammo, and you still have to wash stains out of your clothes after each match. I don't know how hard/easy it is to do though

Not worth it either way if you ask me wink.gif

Searched on google for Illinois Airsoft.  Turned up very few things.  I found one group that could be around my area, but haven't been able to contact them yet.

In southern Illinois (Even tho it's a 6 hour drive from where I live) my aunt and her husband own 22 acres of land.  It's wooded and flat in some areas, with a couple of streams and a good amount of old buildings that are abondond..  Would be really good for an airsoft tournament  wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Feb. 11 2003,19:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Searched on google for Illinois Airsoft.  Turned up very few things.  I found one group that could be around my area, but haven't been able to contact them yet.<span id='postcolor'>

Have you seen http://www.urbancommandos.com/ ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Feb. 11 2003,07:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can always use "Blood Pellets" -- however, these are supposedly too fragile for anything but pistols.

http://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/pg48.html

I'm not an Airsoft guy, I just happened to get the printed version of this catalog in the mail two days ago, and noticed the Airsoft page.<span id='postcolor'>

Only use these in cheap springers, these will damage an AEG and GBB, I used it in my UHC mp5 before and they destroyed it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Feb. 11 2003,14:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Searched on google for Illinois Airsoft.  Turned up very few things.  I found one group that could be around my area, but haven't been able to contact them yet.

In southern Illinois (Even tho it's a 6 hour drive from where I live) my aunt and her husband own 22 acres of land.  It's wooded and flat in some areas, with a couple of streams and a good amount of old buildings that are abondond..  Would be really good for an airsoft tournament  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Are we invited??? biggrin.gif