Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

Hehe tounge.gif

Overall between my aunt, her husband, and mother-in-law, they own 50 acres of forest. So maybe next year (Or late this year) I could get a bunch of people together for it. biggrin.gif

This sunday I might be going paintballing, and afterwards, talk to my friend. Just found out he's got an airsoft rifle, and some other people have 'em too. Maybe I can get some games in. smile.gif

That just reminds me of my uncle in the USA.

He bought a large piece of land, but appears to be strictly prohibited to chop the trees.

He thought he could build a house on that piece of land. biggrin.gif

He was a really greedy twat as well and works for the FBI. crazy.gif

Ack.. he might be reading this now. crazy.gif

anyway... i could ask him to borrow his forest he bought. smile.gif

Probably shouldn't if you call him a greedy twat. wow.gif

We've got relatives who own some land out in mid-Kansas. It's a bit of a drive, and I don't know anybody who would want to do that around here, but still. It's good hunting ground.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...It's good hunting ground.

<span id='postcolor'>

The hunter becomes the hunted tounge.gif

Well, you nver know what their sh*t is packin tounge.gif

And how much does a paintball gun cost to buy/rent? Anyone know?

depends what field you play at, down here in VA they cost around 35 bucks for a day and 50,000 rounds i think for an extra 10 or 20.

I saw one for $75 at wal-mart. Don't know about quality though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wilco @ Feb. 12 2003,02:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">depends what field you play at, down here in VA they cost around 35 bucks for a day and 50,000 rounds i think for an extra 10 or 20.<span id='postcolor'>

You a 0 off there? 50,000 paintballs is about enough to fill a duffel bag tounge.gif

The trick is holding it above your gun so the ammo feeds down. smile.gif

Well i dont painball So I dont know, i wouldnt mind playing it once tho.

It's not that great. Paintballs hurt, they get your clothes messy, the guns look goofy, ammo is more expensive, gas is expensive too.

jesus h christ

$35 for a day and 50k rounds?

I paid $150 US for like 800 rounds and crappy guns in Australia

Hi-caps are bad.

I used to play with FA-MAS SV, and I only had 2 regular mags for it, so eventually I allways had to click in the hi-cap.

In most AEGs Hi-cap mags get stuck easily, you have to screw the ammo feed rotor (don´t know what its really called) in order to keep your gun firing, and at last the hi-cap is noisy as hell. Try to run quietly with half empty hi-cap and you´ll get it. Furthermore, hi-cap users tend to just go prone at nearest firing position and fire continuously at the general direction of the enemy. That really lowers the realism-rate. Airsoft is for fast-paced realistic action, or at least should be.

Otherwise FA-MAS is not a bad gun. It is light, has too much abs-plastic and too little metal, and it makes squeaking noises when you handle it. X) 1100 rnds per minute is the reason why I used it for almost a year.

With Beita Spetznaz comes 250 round hi-cap, (looks like Dragunov mag.) but I have rarely used it, since I bought a shitload of regular mags along with it.

Hi-cap mags are good for providing cheap supressive fire instead for buying a $1000 airsoft machinegun like the M60. tounge.gif

The best hicap mag is for a p90, it doesnt rattle at all, it uses a force mechanism, keps the bbs from moving around.

I figure if I were doing light MG work I wouldn't be running much. But I don't know, never done it before.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 13 2003,00:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I figure if I were doing light MG work I wouldn't be running much.  But I don't know, never done it before.<span id='postcolor'>

pff...

Where's your "sportive" spirit??? tounge.gif

the best hi cap is an empty coke bottle with a ballon squished at the back and a wad infront with bbs, taped on to the top of a mini-aeg ROAR ack ack ack ack ack wow.gifcrazy.giftounge.gif

Well, I ordered my first Airsoft gun today, and being an idiot (or visionary?? lol), I ignored all the advice given in this thread smile.gif I ordered a Steyr AUG SR, because I like my guns evil-looking and durable, and everything I'd read about the TM model seemed to support that. Expensive? yeah, but fuckit- I have no doubt I'll get my moneys worth out of the gun. Having played paintball a good deal, I really like the skirmishing sport, but am not so crazy about the goofy looking guns and paint-stains; so AS seems like a good fit for me.

So hopefully it'll go well. And if not, I'll be willing to supply one of you more Airsoft-enabled folks with a cheap Aug SR (no guarantees of course, I have every intention of loving the hell out of AS).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wilco @ Feb. 15 2003,01:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have tryed paintball out, AND I AM GETTING MY FIRST GUN IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS!!!!, Instead of a p90, im getting a paintball gun, god they are sweet!!!

http://www.thepaintballstore.com/model98level4.html<span id='postcolor'>

P90 could beat the crap out of that.... thing... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have tryed paintball out, AND I AM GETTING MY FIRST GUN IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS!!!!, Instead of a p90, im getting a paintball gun, god they are sweet!!!<span id='postcolor'>

*slaps forehead*

Oh well. tounge.gif

And a tippman? baah

Well, gotta try new things, and tippmanns are great.  full list right here...

Tippmann Model 98 Custom - Black      Internet Price: Only $123.95

Raven NVX Goggle - Sapphire Blue     Internet Price: Only $44.95

Extreme Rage 200 Round Loader - Black      Internet Price: Only $4.50

DYE 140rnd Supertube - Blue    Internet Price: Only $3.50

2000 Rounds Paintball 2nds         Internet Price: Only $29.95

32 Degrees Neck/Throat Protector     Internet Price: Only $5.95

___

I didnt say Im out of airsoft you know, Im going to get a p90 umm someday.... lol, but i really will.