Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

I checked around, and there are like 3 guys total in the entire permian basin who play lol. Guess I'll just transfer all those funds to saving up for a tricked out Bushmaster XM15

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 26 2003,01:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">great!  what kind of gun did you use?  did you get killed a lot?  how many enemies did you kill?  how many friendlys did you kill?

lol j/k wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I used the Tokyo Marui Colt M4A1 mostly and tried the TM H&K G3-SG1 on a skirmish.

I was impressed that the HK G3-SG1 is very accurate compared to the M4A1.

I made 2 kills in total and got 4 deaths. sad.gif

Most of the deaths were friendly fire.

Im thinking of getting the H&K G3-SG1 as my first AEG.

Ahh biggrin.gif , a couple of more months for my p90 tm aeg, YES I CANNOT WAIT

ak47.gif

bigun2.gif

Sounds like great fun necromancer.

me myself personally i'll probably wait to buy an airsoft gun. im leaving for college next semester and i want to make sure there will be a place to play before i move there for 3 years.

I want one of those Airsoft M16A3's with the rail mount that would be sweet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Jan. 25 2003,22:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Jan. 25 2003,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.airsoftpro.net/Merchan....de=AEGM

these are the ones im on about smile.gif

Personally i would go for a gas pistol instead of the electric ones or a springer u can find ones which aren`t a ridiculous price but thier nothing fancy,no blowback features just fill up with gas and fire biggrin.gif

My friend had the mauri berretta and it broke plus it wasn`t very good to start of with anyway but it was fun for a bit.<span id='postcolor'>

Man, those look so goofy!

Probably fun around the house after a few beers, but I cant imagine turning up at a real Airsoft game with one, even as a backup piece.  After all, it's about l;ooking like the real thing, no?<span id='postcolor'>

It depends if u want looks overr funtionality smile.gif

Think of the accuracy of those things like the klobb out of the n64 goldeneye game.

But seriously...

That HK G3-SG1 is going to be my first airsoft gun due to the length of the barrel, meaning more range and accuracy and because of its battery size.

If there's a better gun with longer barrel, please lemme know. smile.gif

Btw... its really fun getting the attention of the crowd when firing ur AK-47 in the air yelling "Allah Ackbar!!" biggrin.gif

And no, it was not an Al Qaeda training facility.

Woo, I'm actually posting instead of lurking.

I got my TM M4A1 for christmas and I love it smile.gif. The only real problem is precision accuracy beyond a few hundred feet. I'm getting a precision barrel next and getting a Mp5K soon as my PDW.

I've had lots of great experiences with my M4. I just got back from the mountains and went rambo style. I was sliding down this hill pretty fast and started firing one handed. The great part was, on full auto, I was actually hit 3 of my friends wow.gif

If you want an airsoft pistol, then Gas BlowBack model is the only option. It works fine if you keep it clean, which can be hard though. I play with AK B-spetznaz AEG(Tokyo Marui) and M9 Tactical GBB(Kuan Ju Works).

Airsoft is very popular sport in Finland, we organized a scenario game last summer that had almost 200 players.

Actually I read on some airsoft sites that barrel length has a minimal effect on range. It has more to do with the spring used in the gun, which increases pellet velocity. Systema sells upgrade kits with stronger springs and all-metal components to increase firing velocity of most AEG's. Optimum velocity on most ranges here in the U.S. appears to be about 400 fps. This is why the upgraded M4 is the most popular gun, as it has the same range as the M16A3 and it is much more compact. Most ranges won't allow guns that shoot any harder than this unless its a sniper rifle, and then they implement minimum firing distances. Most custom upgraded guns fire in the range of 350 - 450 fps. Check your local field for regulations on velocity before buying or you could be sorry! Also, CQB ranges tend to allow only stock guns with a 230-300 fps velocity, so take that into consideration as well.

Man airsoft is amazing, just spent the last 1-2 weeks reading about the guns, watching clips, picking a gun..... and now i'm spending $800 on an M4 package! funny how it went from 30 to 800 bucks lol. I should be getting it in 2 weeks smile.gif Can't wait to go out and test my OFP skills in real life hehe. They will all be like, LIAR! you a pro man! CHEATER!  tounge.gif

hahaha, i'd love to see someone call someone else a cheater in airsoft

Ahh I found the pic of me and the group i was playing my first skirmish with.

its on this page with me wearing US army Camo.

Btw, im the most bottom right one.

Edit:

Ph33r my uglyness. biggrin.gif

Guys..

I'm going to get an AEG.

I'm thinking of the Tokyo Marui Steyr-AUG military version.

Does anyone have experience with it?

Where are places you go airsofting? How do I find them? Sound pretty intresting.

Harnu, airsoft is still a pretty small sport. Look on google for airsoft in your area, as well as your phone book. If you cant find any, call up a local paintball place and ask them if they'll let you play airsoft.

Been searching on Google, lot of places around here have websites that haven't been updates in 2-3 years lol.

And how bad do these bb's hurt when you're hit?

Depends on where you're hit. It doesn't hurt nearly as much as paintball (the BBs are smaller and lighter, don't have nearly as much energy), but you feel it enough to know you're hit. Stings some if you get hit on the skin too. crazy.gif

Email the guys who are on those pages, just to check up on them. They might still be playing but not updating their page. Or they might just not be playing, but know where you can.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Feb. 08 2003,22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Been searching on Google, lot of places around here have websites that haven't been updates in 2-3 years lol.

And how bad do these bb's hurt when you're hit?<span id='postcolor'>

that actually depends on the distance..

If you get hit at point blank range... then uhm... either u have a very high pain treshold or... well u'd scream out in pain. wink.gif

from 10-20 meters it doesn't hurt much.

Also... it depends on how many FPS the BB's go.

Till 300 FPS its ok though.

33-66 feet eh? (That's right, I can convert metric to english! tounge.gif ) That's a good distance to get shot from.

Can you guys explain a little to me about how these guns work?  I've tried reading about them but it more so talks just about buying parts.  I don't really get it.   confused.gif

Well, I already explained the 3 different types of airsoft guns on this thread, but that doesn't really explain how they really work.

hmm...

I assume it's essentially the same as a BB gun, just with smaller springs. I really don't know, thats just my assumption.