Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 15 2003,02:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, I ordered my first Airsoft gun today, and being an idiot (or visionary?? lol), I ignored all the advice given in this thread smile.gif I ordered a Steyr AUG SR, because I like my guns evil-looking and durable, and everything I'd read about the TM model seemed to support that. Expensive? yeah, but fuckit- I have no doubt I'll get my moneys worth out of the gun. Having played paintball a good deal, I really like the skirmishing sport, but am not so crazy about the goofy looking guns and paint-stains; so AS seems like a good fit for me.

So hopefully it'll go well. And if not, I'll be willing to supply one of you more Airsoft-enabled folks with a cheap Aug SR (no guarantees of course, I have every intention of loving the hell out of AS).<span id='postcolor'>

TM, if it is, it is an amazing gun, here is a Video of one

rgr that, it's a TM. From my understanding, TM is about the only way to go for AEGs if you are concerned with quality. I got the SR version (matte-black finish instead of drab, and instead of a scope, I get a weaver rail-mount), and am thinking of getting myself some nice red-dot optics for CQB to medium range engagements.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Necromancer- @ Feb. 15 2003,10:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Classic Army and Top seem to be good BBgun manufacturers as well.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually i heard that classic army guns tend to break down alot faster then TM. The only thing good on their gun is that they have a full metal body. Some people buy their gun just for the body. But anyways if you plan on getting a classic army gun, do some research on what you have to change/do to the gun after you buy it. You can find the answers on the forums here: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/  (just do a search for "Classic Army". Currently the site is down, should be back up soon.

CA has been known to do so black, but they have metal body upgrades, but I would still like to go with the tm, tm is the way to go most of the time if your getting an aeg.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wilco @ Feb. 15 2003,20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CA has been known to do so black, but they have metal body upgrades, but I would still like to go with the tm, tm is the way to go most of the time if your getting an aeg.<span id='postcolor'>

CA M16A3 and CA's M4A1 seem not to have "barrel wobble" due to their thicker barrels.

BTW, if ur getting a CA... get a European version. Only Asian versions are crap.

I have a TM M16A2.

I have not had a problem with barrel wobble.

All it requires, is a bit of care.

the circular ring that you use to take off the foregrips needs to be tightened occasionally.

Thats it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrMilli @ Feb. 17 2003,23:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a TM M16A2.

I have not had a problem with barrel wobble.

All it requires, is a bit of care.

the circular ring that you use to take off the foregrips needs to be tightened occasionally.

Thats it.<span id='postcolor'>

That's not a permanent solution. tounge.gif

Still i rather have the CA armalite due to the thicker barrel if i get an Armalite AEG.

but first...

A Steyr AUG special. smile.gif

104.jpg

104.jpg

Hey, that's my gun smile.gif It should be here in a day or two. I plan on keeping it medium power and putting a red-dot sight on it, instead of a 4x32 scope

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 20 2003,23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, that's my gun smile.gif It should be here in a day or two. I plan on keeping it medium power and putting a red-dot sight on it, instead of a 4x32 scope<span id='postcolor'>

Im trying to get that gun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wilco @ Feb. 15 2003,01:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have tryed paintball out, AND I AM GETTING MY FIRST GUN IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS!!!!, Instead of a p90, im getting a paintball gun, god they are sweet!!!

http://www.thepaintballstore.com/model98level4.html<span id='postcolor'>

That's the baby I use when playing Delerium Tabgall. Great gun smile.gif. Very balanced and I've even used a couple of them Akimbo style on a few occasions smile.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 20 2003,23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">104.jpg

Hey, that's my gun smile.gif It should be here in a day or two. I plan on keeping it medium power and putting a red-dot sight on it, instead of a 4x32 scope<span id='postcolor'>

/me drools

How much will that set you back?

About $300 US, give or take 20$ depending on where you buy from (If you live in Hong Kong you can get one for $200 US). Yes, I have put myself and my minimum-wage income in hock for a month or two, but it's worth it.

OMG... i just had a skirmish on a 12 hectare terrain near Liege in Belgium..

It was big.  wow.gif

One of my team members is gonna get a Jeep and mount a FN Minimi on top of it just to drive on that terrain.

funny though not a single person could speak English or dutch there in Liege...

Had some trouble to order some meat there for our "improvised" barbeque so I had to dig all my French i learned from my french lessons in middle school 4 years ago.

"Je veux umm... uhhh... uhhmm.... uhh... Meat?"

Anyone ever see a M4 Masterkey configuration? I've been looking for something like that for a long time ever since I got my TM M4A1. I'm getting a TM M3 Shorty next. If I can't find some sort of kit it looks like i'll have to make something.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Necromancer- @ Feb. 23 2003,23:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OMG... i just had a skirmish on a 12 hectare terrain near Liege in Belgium..

It was big.  wow.gif

One of my team members is gonna get a Jeep and mount a FN Minimi on top of it just to drive on that terrain.

Had some trouble to order some meat there for our "improvised" barbeque so I had to dig all my French i learned from my french lessons in middle school 4 years ago.

"Je veux umm... uhhh... uhhmm.... uhh... Meat?"<span id='postcolor'>

ROFL must have been a lot of of fun.

you should have said: je voudrais du viande. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone ever see a M4 Masterkey configuration? I've been looking for something like that for a long time ever since I got my TM M4A1. I'm getting a TM M3 Shorty next. If I can't find some sort of kit it looks like i'll have to make something. <span id='postcolor'>

try some ordinairy tape. biggrin.gif

well, my AUG SR arrived yesterday, and it kicks ass! It's constructed of heavy-duty polymers & plastics (the stock), and the rest is metal (receiver and barrel). It is surprisingly heavy (apparently it's the second heaviest stock gun in the TM inventory), which is great because I was worried about it being a cheesy plastic POS. But it isn't, which is very cool. The balance in a bullpup takes a little getting used to, but once you do, it is just fine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Feb. 24 2003,10:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Necromancer- @ Feb. 23 2003,23:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OMG... i just had a skirmish on a 12 hectare terrain near Liege in Belgium..

It was big.  wow.gif

ROFL  must have been a lot of of fun.

you should have said: je voudrais du viande. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

je voudrais de la viande tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 24 2003,07:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well, my AUG SR arrived yesterday, and it kicks ass! It's constructed of heavy-duty polymers & plastics (the stock), and the rest is metal (receiver and barrel). It is surprisingly heavy (apparently it's the second heaviest stock gun in the TM inventory), which is great because I was worried about it being a cheesy plastic POS. But it isn't, which is very cool. The balance in a bullpup takes a little getting used to, but once you do, it is just fine.<span id='postcolor'>

Tex, we want to see some pictures!

send me a digital camera or a scanner and I will take some asap. Until then, I'm kind of unable to do anything smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Feb. 24 2003,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Feb. 24 2003,10:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Necromancer- @ Feb. 23 2003,23:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OMG... i just had a skirmish on a 12 hectare terrain near Liege in Belgium..

It was big.  wow.gif

ROFL  must have been a lot of of fun.

you should have said: je voudrais du viande. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

je voudrais de la viande tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

fuck i knew this was going to happen! crazy.gif

i'm still too uncertain about some french words. sad.gif

yes Tex we want pictures! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 24 2003,14:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">send me a digital camera or a scanner and I will take some asap. Until then, I'm kind of unable to do anything smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I have a better idea -- why don't you send me the Steyr, and I'll send you some pictures I will take with my digital camera? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Grey Fox @ Feb. 23 2003,20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone ever see a M4 Masterkey configuration? I've been looking for something like that for a long time ever since I got my TM M4A1. I'm getting a TM M3 Shorty next. If I can't find some sort of kit it looks like i'll have to make something.<span id='postcolor'>

Take a look at this link:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviews....iew.htm

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Feb. 27 2003,00:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a better idea -- why don't you send me the Steyr, and I'll send you some pictures I will take with my digital camera?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol... I'm heading up to the store tonight to get some film and a new battery for our camera, and will take some shots tonight, and get them developed and scanned somewhere asap.