Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

Man, I was searching around and found a website you can buy stuff off of. They had some cheap things like 3- dollar handguns, then I looked at some other stuff, over 200, even 1,500 dollars! AHHHH!

Steyr AUG's are good guns.

Easy to disassemble, short but with a barrel length of an M16, they are good guns to play with stock.

Rain- its all good till you realise the barrel is rusting biggrin.gif

The picture of me on this thread was taken in the worst weather the local area had in a few years, and I'd spent the night in a tent on-site.

(COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLD)

AEG

Trigger is pulled

series of motors and gears connected to a battery pull back a spring (except on PSG-1, spring is always pulled back until decompressed yourself) and release it

at the same time a shot is being pulled up from the magazine, in the same fashion as a real firearm, shot is pushed out of "chamber" hits hop-up and begins to spin, goes out of barrel and ideally, someone then shouts hit biggrin.gif

Gas Blow Back

Trigger is pulled, shot is loaded, gas is released shot goes off same hop-up, gas kicks back the (usually only on pistols) slide another shot is loaded.

Springer

Same loading (magazine) except nothing is moving.

Pull trigger

Off shot goes

Hop-up on some models

the "bolt" is connected to the cocking handle, so you pull back the cocking handle and you're ready to go again.

Bit more complicated but hey, it *is* 2 in the morning over here biggrin.gif

AEG's tend to be made out of high quality parts, whereas springers are not.

Performance is usually a lot better with an AEG, although some springers like the APS are (usually) better than AEG's.

Gas Blow Backs tend to be made out of the highest quality parts, hence the price tag.

They are the closest thing, in operation, to a real firearm although the gas is a bugger to keep in good supply.

(without gas it is a Å200 paperweight.)

What would you suggest as a first gun?  I'm not working, (Yet.  I will soon, new store opening up nearby that pays good) so I was thinking of something cheap.  Like a handgun.  Would you suggest spring or gas for a new guy like myself?  I was looking at this spring power hand gun:

m92f.jpg

Model: Marui -Spring Power M92F Military Model

Price: $35

Length: 217mm

Capacity: 22

Manufacturer: Tokyo Marui

g3thumb.jpg

STTI SPRING Rifle (non-AEG)

All Black grips, H&K G3

Great Starter Rifle. Big-Gun!

Great for shooting, or display

Very Large rifle! Good Value

Uses .12 BBs

Would something like that be a good gun to start with? It'll be a little while till I can acutally buy one. But to start off with, should I use something like that and a 92F?

On the website I found that they even sell glowing bb's. Pretty cool, use 'em as tracers tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Necromancer- @ Feb. 09 2003,07:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FSpilot.... do u have an AEG?<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, I'm saving up for a car now. Once I get my car paid off, get a nice job that covers insurance with some change to spare I'll save up for an AEG and get in the field.

Harnu - NOOOOO!!!!!! Springers are horrible, if you're up against AEGs that is. You'll get hosed. As you probably learned in your game, your first shot rarely hits the target whether you've aimed or not (at least that's what I learned, maybe I wasn't doing it right biggrin.gif). So you have to scope it in before you play, which isn't perfectly accurate because of the arc the pellet makes when it's shot. In other words, because airsoft guns aren't perfectly accurate, you're usually going to have to make a couple shots to hit your target. At least thats what I learned in my one game of playing. If you're a one shot one kill man, go for it.

Personally I think you should only snipe with it. If you ran into someone with an AEG and didn't get him on your first shot you're a goner.

If you're looking for a beginners airsoft gun, and a rookie's opinion, I reccomend the FAMAS.

It's ugly, but it's got a great ROF.  It's what I'm planning on buying when I decide to get an airsoft gun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 09 2003,05:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you're looking for a beginners airsoft gun, and a rookie's opinion, I reccomend the FAMAS.

It's ugly, but it's got a great ROF.  It's what I'm planning on buying when I decide to get an airsoft gun.<span id='postcolor'>

Why is the FAMAS always recommended to beginners??? apart from the high ROF.

Still.... i prefer a Steyr-AUG. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 09 2003,05:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you're looking for a beginners airsoft gun, and a rookie's opinion, I reccomend the FAMAS.

It's ugly, but it's got a great ROF.  It's what I'm planning on buying when I decide to get an airsoft gun.<span id='postcolor'>

UGLY ? THE FAMAS IS UGLY ? AND WHAT ABOUT YOUR SISTER ?

tounge.gif

So what about something like...

g3a3.jpg

Magazine Capacity: 70 Rounds

$203

Motor : EG700

Length : 1020m

Weight : 2800g

(Standard, not mini)

tmm92fsilver(1).jpg

Model: M92F Military Version, M9

Price: $101.5

Capacity: 26

Manufacturer: Tokyo Marui

mmmmmmmmmmmm  biggrin.gif

U can also get gas pistols which dont have the blowback feature and are a good bit cheaper but their rare and theres a few springers where it has an internal magazine and cocks like u would a standard air pistol.

How useful are shotguns?

Airsoft Atlanta

They have an 870 Pump shotty that if you buy you get a SPAS-12 free. Sounds like a good deal, but how useful are shotguns?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why is the FAMAS always recommended to beginners??? apart from the high ROF.<span id='postcolor'>

It's cheaper with relatively the same performance as any other AEG.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">UGLY ? THE FAMAS IS UGLY ? AND WHAT ABOUT YOUR SISTER ?<span id='postcolor'>

hahaha

It's ugly like the A-10. It's not pretty but it gets the job done. wink.gif

Shotguns are better for close range than long range. If I were a sniper with money to spare I'd probably use them as backup. I don't think I've seen any AEG shotguns, just pumps. But they're easy to pump so it doesn't seem like a problem for me.

The spas i used(which im sure is the one in ur link ) had an internal mag which u pulled out and loaded like a giant pistol mag and u could set it so it fired one bb or 3 bbs in one shot.

The downside to it was it wasn`t built very strongly so don`t rattle off shots as fast as u can or it might jam a lot.

Te bb shotguns are usually like normal spring rifles only u can reload them a lot quicker unless u can find one which shoots a batch of pellets out at a time smile.gif

OK, I'm buying a car. I just need to pay off my Dad $1000 (US) while working for insurance, THEN I can start saving up for an airsoft gun.

Oh, and pay for IFR flight training.

Oh, and pay for birthday/christmas gifts.

Oh, and pay for food in college.

Maybe I'll just build my own airsoft gun out of gum and twigs. crazy.gif

lol, same thing here FS. Job, car, and insurance.

Then I can get my 92F, G3A3, and lots and lots of bb's.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Feb. 09 2003,20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol, same thing here FS.  Job, car, and insurance.

Then I can get my 92F, G3A3, and lots and lots of bb's.<span id='postcolor'>

I like the look of that Springer G3A3. Cheap, too

Ya it looks good.  But it'slike a single shot bolt action.  Rather have an AEG G3A3.

But for bolt action rifles, heres a good lookin one.

UHC Super-9 Sniper Rifle PRO v2.0

P.S.  What sites do you guys look at?  Anyone know of any cheaper ones.  A lot of the guns I've seen online are well over $200, to $300 (USD)

Found a site that could be very helpful, but it's not that complete.

http://www.airsoftgear.com/findateam.htm

Also, airsoftzone.com is pretty interesting.

This is the gun I'm looking at.  255 fps, with bipod, battery, and charger.  $150.

I haven't done much investigating, I don't know who manufactures it, what it's ROF is, or read any reviews on it.  But from the looks of that website it's a good buy.

edit Here's a review for the FAMAS. It actually turns into a funny story.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Feb. 09 2003,21:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya it looks good.  But it'slike a single shot bolt action.  Rather have an AEG G3A3.

But for bolt action rifles, heres a good lookin one.

UHC Super-9 Sniper Rifle PRO v2.0

P.S.  What sites do you guys look at?  Anyone know of any cheaper ones.  A lot of the guns I've seen online are well over $200, to $300 (USD)<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, the super 9 isnt all that of a good gun, if your a beginner sniper then go ahead, if you guys are wondering about any guns then just go to.

www.airsoftretreat.com/forums and ask em, were pretty easy on the people who ask tounge.gif

www.wargameclub.com/WGC_Shop   good site for AEG's

And the spas 12 doesnt have an internal mag system, that is the 870 shotty that does, and if your going to get a shotgun, dont get the crappy kind (from personal experiance) get a tokyo marui, they have mock rounds that you load the bb's into, and they also have three barrels, if your going to go for a shotgun, go for a tokyo marui.

P.S. If you guys have any questions you can ask me also, Im a guru at airsoft. wink.gif

yeah, that Famas looks cool though, i dont find it ugly...

Its just... im not fond of it, because it doesnt have a ethical look when you mount a scope on it.

Im not going to get any Armalite models eiter because they all have a great chance of getting "barrel wobble" and mounting a barrel block wont completely solve that problem.

That's why i choose the Steyr Aug military version, its a bullpup, had open sights on top of the scope, no "barrel wobble", rigid and is easy to hold in 1 arm because most of the weight is in the back of the gun.  smile.gif

Edit:

Btw i've hold the Tokyo Marui G3-SG1 in my arms and did some skirmishing with it too.

Its a very good gun, its heavy, got a big battery and has bi-pods on it.

Very usefull for suppressive fire if you have high-caps on it. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wilco @ Feb. 10 2003,05:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S. If you guys have any questions you can ask me also, Im a guru at airsoft.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Is the FAMAS a good rifle to start out with?

I'm looking at either

FAMAS, G3A3, G3A4, or SG1.  Which one do you suggest?

At WGC Shop  I saw some pretty nice things.

When buying magazines, theres one that was 70 rounds for G3, and one that was 500 rounds for G3. Why the big difference? Does it matter which one you get?

Does round capacity make that much of a difference?

P.S.  When it say's "Hop up", what does that mean?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Feb. 10 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S. When it say's "Hop up", what does that mean?<span id='postcolor'>

Hop-up systems put an upward spin on the ball so you don't have to correct for distance as much.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">G36C Tokyo Marui For $4.99?

What do you think is wrong with it? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From the Ebay auction

At bids end, I'll send you a complete text document detailing how to get these deals, and how to share these deals with your friends and teammates!!! This is NOT a scam, I am not selling the guns, I am selling information on how to obtain these guns and other equipment at these kinds of prices!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Reminds me of the woman who bought cheats for a game for a few hundred dollars.