Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

I'm getting my UHC P228 tomorrow. biggrin.gif I can't wait to shoot up boxes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Necromancer- @ Jan. 20 2003,03:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any tips or suggestions???

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Remember your lessons from OFP.

Seriously helped me.  I'd always be going prone and not getting shot.  Makes you MUCH harder to hit.

Wear good camoflage.  I remember laughing to myself as I shot this one guy who showed up in a T-shirt and jeans.  Saw him a mile away.

Communicate with your team.

And conserve ammo, of course.

Oh yeah, and have FUN!!! biggrin.gif

Anything from TOP is top notch, and if it is upgraded, I'd say buy it if you have the cash.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 20 2003,00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Necromancer- @ Jan. 20 2003,03:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any tips or suggestions???

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Remember your lessons from OFP.

Seriously helped me.  I'd always be going prone and not getting shot.  Makes you MUCH harder to hit.

Wear good camoflage.  I remember laughing to myself as I shot this one guy who showed up in a T-shirt and jeans.  Saw him a mile away.

Communicate with your team.

And conserve ammo, of course.

Oh yeah, and have FUN!!! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I guess i'll just turn myself into a walking bush.

On a side note, I've got an airsoft pistol for sale, I won't post it here as it would no doubt be considered naughtiness, but if you want more info, PM me. smile.gif

I'm such a loser!

Last weekend, I was going to play paintball with my closest friends on a mountainside. The only problem is that its a mile long hike up the moutain through the woods and brambles to get there. Being the ass I am, I decide to wear a friends camouflage hunting suit. Unfortunatly for me, its slightly too small, so my movement is severely limited, so I feel like a damn knight in armor or something.

Anyways, I'm walking up the mountain taking little baby steps since I'm wearing this suit, and when I'm almost to the peak, I pull a muscle in my leg. So now I have to walk all the way back down, and I get stuck in the thorns and brambles more times than I can count.

But I decided to loan my new gun to a friend, and it performed excellently smile.gif

Brambles are my worst enemy. I remember doing a drop slide right into a bush of brambles, I was picking those things from my shirt for a week!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm such a loser!

Last weekend, I was going to play paintball with my closest friends on a mountainside. The only problem is that its a mile long hike up the moutain through the woods and brambles to get there. Being the ass I am, I decide to wear a friends camouflage hunting suit. Unfortunatly for me, its slightly too small, so my movement is severely limited, so I feel like a damn knight in armor or something.

Anyways, I'm walking up the mountain taking little baby steps since I'm wearing this suit, and when I'm almost to the peak, I pull a muscle in my leg. So now I have to walk all the way back down, and I get stuck in the thorns and brambles more times than I can count.<span id='postcolor'> Lol tounge.gif

Wow, I just saw this thread, havent read all of it so dont get mad when I ask, anyone have a p90 tr, because Im getting one and it looks like a butey, I have about 8 springers and I wanna step up.

oh ya, talk about airsoft at

www.airsoftretreat.com/forums

If you already do just tell me. biggrin.gif

Cheers

I am a complete newb to this (never even played paintball lol). But i seriously want to get into this airsoft hobbie in the soon furture. Me and my friends were doing a search and found this site that sold some of the guns, like the mp5 for about $30....?confused.gif Isn't that a little too cheap? Since we don't have much cash at this time of the year, we wanted to buy this gun : http://www.paintball-online.com/product....dept=95 it is really cheap, but i don't know if i should get it since i have no knowledge about these guns. Later on maybe in like 4-5 months i would like to buy the more profesional guns with all those upgrades that i need, when i get the money for it. So can anyone of you tell me if we should buy this gun? Will it last us for a couple of months? Is there a catch to this? What else do i need? is spring or electic better? this is the site by the way : http://www.paintball-online.com/ >> click on airsoft to the right.... tell me what you think.

By the way i live in Canada > Ontario > Toronto... is there anything i should know about airsoft and living in this area? any stores? people who play it here?

Thanks  smile.gif

Don't buy that gun!  crazy.gif

It's a mini MP5.  I think 1/3rd of the real size of an MP5.  Mini guns are good for playing around the house and in your backyard, but if you're going to join a team and play with other teams in a forest, you'll want to buy a full size gun.

The best gun for someone to buy is probably an AEG.  There are three main types...

"Springers"

The only good thing about a springer is that they're cheap.  They're like a bolt-action rifle, you have to work the gun after each shot to reload it.  The FPS and accuracy will vary for each gun, but as far as I know they're about the same as an AEG. These guns will get you killed in a firefight, but if you're looking for a sniper rifle it's a good inexpensive way to get shooting. If you do buy a sniper rifle (with the intent of sniping wink.gif), buy a backup pistol. Springer pistols are pretty cheap and pretty effective. Again, you have to work a bolt each time you fire. But a pistol will give you a good close range shot for self defense. Springers don't usually make much noise.

AEGs

Automatic Electric Gun (I think).  These are the guns you'll want to buy if you're ready to commit to this game.  They're battery operated, usually fully automatic but check before you buy.  They don't recquire you to work any mechanisms to shoot, but they can run out of batteries leaving you stranded in a fight.  But if you take care of your gun and batteries you shouldn't have a problem. These guns don't make much noise either.

Gas Blowback

These are for more experienced players.  They're generally the same concept as a paintball gun in that they use gas to shoot (freon gas I believe, not Co2).  The difference between these and AEGs is that they usually have moving parts.  When you shoot a gas blowback pistol, you'll usually see the handle move back and forth with each shot (again, check each model to make sure). These make the most noise, but that's not necessarilly a lot.

My recommendation to you is to contact people in your area that play airsoft and ask them when their next match is.  Find out if there are rentals there.  Rent a gun, buy some ammo, and go play some airsoft.  Just to see if you like it.  If you do, start looking at airsoft guns.  If you don't like it, be glad you didn't spend $200 on a game you don't like.

A gun I'm looking at since I'm a beginner myself is the FAMAS.  It's a French gun (meaning it wont break if you throw it on the ground to surrender wink.gif), with a great rate of fire and relatively cheap.  Once I buy a car I'll probably spring for one of these.  Here's one site that sells it (http://www.icefire-enterprises.com/FAMAS.html), but I reccomend that you shop around a LOT before buying a gun.  Especially look at local airsoft stores (if any) so you don't have to pay shipping and handling.

Mini-Electrics are a really bad idea. The have stupidly low power and are barely good enough for plinking

They are about 1/4 the size of AEG's.

and they don't burn very well either biggrin.gif

in that price range, get a springer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 24 2003,21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Springers"

AEGs

Gas Blowback

<span id='postcolor'>

And in addition to these...

There's the:

Electric springers, automatic pistols operated by batteries, not gas. These are horrible horrible things and should never be even considered for airsoft, though they look cool with the blowback effects and they're cool to have little shoot-outs with minimal protection. Price seems to be between good springers and bad gas guns, which leads us to...

Regular gas operated guns, same thing as the GBBs only without the BB. Like said by FSPilot

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 24 2003,21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

When you shoot a gas blowback pistol, you'll usually see the handle move back and forth with each shot (again, check each model to make sure)<span id='postcolor'>

The ones that don't move are the 'normal' gas guns and they tend to be cheaper.

Then there's the already mentioned mini-aegs, whoo boy, man, they look horrible, same thing as the electric springers, never ever consider buying these.

BTW, playing around with two gas guns at the same time is great.

Edit: Oh, I may or may not be correct on all the facts, correct me if I'm wrong

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ripvanfish @ Jan. 24 2003,22:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, playing around with two gas guns at the same time is great.<span id='postcolor'>

Heh...

Getting a little John Woo/Laura Croft action going?

I am trying to talk a friend of mine with a local business into adding Airsoft to his lineup come spring. Hopefully he does. I'll work my days off for him for free if he'll supply my habit biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ripvanfish @ Jan. 24 2003,22:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...same thing as the electric springers, never ever consider buying these.<span id='postcolor'>

Wait, did you just say you think AEG's suck? crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then there's the already mentioned mini-aegs, whoo boy, man, they look horrible, same thing as the electric springers, never ever consider buying these.

<span id='postcolor'>

So no, he didnt imply ALL aeg guns. Just the mini variety.

Mini-aegs rule !!!! wow.gif

they only take 4 aa batteries an u can fill the internal mag up with about 80bbs real quick,just pour em in a flip the lid down again.They have a nice rate of fire thier only downside is their not very powerful and not too accurate so i`d say 5-10 metre range.

I once cut the bottom off a coke bottle then selltotaped it to the mag hatch on my mini-aeg and filled it with 1000 bbs and let rip biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

If i was going to be close to the enemy like in an urban setting i`d use it as back up over a springer pistol just dont turn it upside down and fire wink.gif

As far as i know u can get dummy scopes which extend the mag capacity in the same way that i done with the coke bottle.

Nonooo, AEGs are the real thing. To me electric springers are usually pistols with regular batteries, those small kinds like in flashlights etc. Marui makes these and I used to own a M92F. They are kind of like the mini things, 'cept mini-aegs look like toys and according to my experiments with them, they perform even worse.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Getting a little John Woo/Laura Croft action going?

<span id='postcolor'>

Add some Max Payne style jumps and you've got it biggrin.gif

http://www.airsoftpro.net/Merchan....de=AEGM

these are the ones im on about smile.gif

Personally i would go for a gas pistol instead of the electric ones or a springer u can find ones which aren`t a ridiculous price but thier nothing fancy,no blowback features just fill up with gas and fire biggrin.gif

My friend had the mauri berretta and it broke plus it wasn`t very good to start of with anyway but it was fun for a bit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Jan. 25 2003,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.airsoftpro.net/Merchan....de=AEGM

these are the ones im on about smile.gif

Personally i would go for a gas pistol instead of the electric ones or a springer u can find ones which aren`t a ridiculous price but thier nothing fancy,no blowback features just fill up with gas and fire biggrin.gif

My friend had the mauri berretta and it broke plus it wasn`t very good to start of with anyway but it was fun for a bit.<span id='postcolor'>

Man, those look so goofy!

Probably fun around the house after a few beers, but I cant imagine turning up at a real Airsoft game with one, even as a backup piece. After all, it's about l;ooking like the real thing, no?

I have returned from my first airsoft skirmish.

I have bruises everywhere and my muscles ache a lot.

Damn it was fun and OFP learned me alot about airsoft.

Soon there will be pictures posted in this topic about that airsoft skirmish and of course a pic of me in US army camo. biggrin.gif

Right now im going to have a shower and remove that camo paint from my face, then going to bed.

It was a tough, but very FUN day. smile.gif

Good night gentlemen.

great! what kind of gun did you use? did you get killed a lot? how many enemies did you kill? how many friendlys did you kill?

lol j/k wink.gif