Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

Has anyone tried the tommy gun and can u get a drum magaine version like the gansters used to have as so far i`ve only seen the standard ones with straight mags?

They'll probably come out with a drum magazine if there isn't one alread, but I wouldn't use it in combat.  Just because I'd have to buy a trench coat, hat, and cigar to complete the ensemble.

Don't forget the violin case. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Ak's (all 3 of them) are some of the best AS guns out there smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, thanks both of you smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LowLevelFunctionary @ Nov. 28 2002,09:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Ak's (all 3 of them) are some of the best AS guns out there smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, thanks both of you smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yes they're some of the best. but they usualy come with ABS plastic stock and foregrip. but the plastic isn't that bad most reviews say it even feels like real wood sometimes biggrin.gif

of course you can buy some wooden parts to get the real thing. some shops even sell modified AKs with wooden and steel parts. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Nov. 28 2002,22:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

would have fooled me, I thought it was real wood

whats the difference anyway?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Nov. 28 2002,18:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Nov. 28 2002,22:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

would have fooled me, I thought it was real wood

whats the difference anyway?<span id='postcolor'>

plastic is lighter and smoother i guess biggrin.gif

I want to buy AEG, but i dont know is it legal in the US.  xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ Dec. 19 2002,12:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I want to buy AEG, but i dont know is it legal in the US.  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Probably. Especially considering you can buy the real things anyway. biggrin.gif

One thing i'm afriad is maybe my neighbors will call 911 when they see me holding m60  xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ Dec. 19 2002,13:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One thing i'm afriad is maybe my neighbors will call 911 when they see me holding m60<span id='postcolor'>

This was already discussed on this thread. You'll have to dress incognito.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ Dec. 19 2002,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One thing i'm afriad is maybe my neighbors will call 911 when they see me holding m60  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Same as any firearm, don't brandish it where it could cause alarm. i.e not in public. tounge.gif That includes in your backyard if you know people are watching smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Dec. 19 2002,15:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How much noise do these things make?  What can you compare it with?<span id='postcolor'>

Depends what type of mechanism they use. Single actions spring weapons don't make a lot of noise at all, although that depends on the power of the spring. AEG (electric ones, make marginally more noise). But as I understand it, gas blowback weapons are the noisiest of the three types. But don't quote me on that. smile.gif None make as much noise as a real firearm.

Not terribly surprising that eh? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CosmicCastaway @ Dec. 18 2002,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Dec. 19 2002,15:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How much noise do these things make?  What can you compare it with?<span id='postcolor'>

Depends what type of mechanism they use. Single actions spring weapons don't make a lot of noise at all, although that depends on the power of the spring. AEG (electric ones, make marginally more noise). But as I understand it, gas blowback weapons are the noisiest of the three types. But don't quote me on that.  smile.gif None make as much noise as a real firearm.

Not terribly surprising that eh?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Can you use silencers on them?

And what are the snipers like? Damn, i really want one of those! Are they accurate at long range?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Dec. 19 2002,15:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you use silencers on them?

And what are the snipers like?  Damn, i really want one of those!  Are they accurate at long range?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes you can, although they tend not to decrease the amount of noise made, only change it. On spring action pistols they actually have an added benefit of making them slightly more accurate, as the barrel becomes longer.  smile.gif  

Sniper rifles tend to be really expensive, they are also mostly bolt action single shot. I forget the rating exactly, but it is possible to get sniper rifles rated higher than 1 joule, but it depends on where you intend to use it as to whether they are allowed. You can get some AEG sniper rifles, such as the PSG-1 which was mentioned earlier on. Accuracy on these is generally good, although bear in mind wind tends to affect light projectiles such as the small plastic pellets more than say, a standard bullet.   xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Dec. 19 2002,16:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Aren't heavier ceramic pellets also used in airsoft games?<span id='postcolor'>

Not in the UK, here you mainly use plastic 0.2g BB pellets. The only exception are single shot sniper rifles which are using a heavier 0.4 or 0.5g pellet, which I think is a soft metal (may be wrong though - sniper rifles are crap tounge.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Dec. 19 2002,16:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Aren't heavier ceramic pellets also used in airsoft games?<span id='postcolor'>

They can be, although they tend to be reserved for things like the sniper rifles which need to be able to fire more accurately over longer distances. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Dec. 19 2002,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Dec. 19 2002,16:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Aren't heavier ceramic pellets also used in airsoft games?<span id='postcolor'>

Not in the UK, here you mainly use plastic 0.2g BB pellets. The only exception are single shot sniper rifles which are using a heavier 0.4 or 0.5g pellet, which I think is a soft metal (may be wrong though - sniper rifles are crap tounge.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

u used to be able to get exploding BBs that were a bit like firing matchheads out an air rifle tounge.gif

Wow! This hobby has definitely evolved since I first fired a spring action MP5 back in the late 80's (the pellet went about 50 feet). Are their actually grenades for the grenade launchers? Also, does anyone know of clubs in Arizona offhand? How useful are the M249's and M60's, would it be better to have a rifle? This looks like it kicks ass all over paintball which I used to love to play.

Grenade launchers in airsoft are typically like a shotgun. They fire a bunch of pellets at an area, not necessarily a grenade.

Try searching google for air-izona (;)) airsoft fields. you might even have to call up a local paintball field to see if they'll let you play.

M249s and M60s are probably heavy, but very effective. What you're looking for in airsoft is accuracy, and ROF. machine guns have ROF, but not necessarilly accuracy. still I think they'd be useful.

i think you can get grenades for some grenade launchers. the marui ones work like a shotgun, but the sun project one fires a light aluminium shell which ejects the bbs or something like that. its been a while since i checked this up, so it might have changed, but maybe not. check here:

Den Trinity