Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Nov. 24 2002,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ehm... tombez!... vous-etes mort!

... baisse ton fusil!... tu es mon otage!

ROFLMAO tounge.gif  biggrin.gif

my french still sucks after all the years learning it at school.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

les mains sur la tÄte = put your hands on your head

Å• terre = get down

lŕ (point in the suspected direction) = here

je me rends = i surrender

t'es mort = you're dead

baisse ton arme(you can say "gun" too)

feu ŕ volonté = fire at will

cessez le feu = cease fire

if you need anymore .... i'm here

I think all those French phrases can be useful for UN missions and such. Stupid French techers we have here, I mean I've been learning French for 8 years now, and I can barely speak it. Instead of teaching us important things, liek verbs, pronounciation, etc, they teach us about movies, animals, and all this other shit, and expect us to know what all the instructions mean without teaching us. What has this world come to! confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Nov. 24 2002,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">je me rends = i surrender<span id='postcolor'>

Isnt this the motto on the French coat of Arms?

*dons Ran proof asbestos suit*

biggrin.gif

I am trying to convince a friend of mine to start selling Airsoft. But he wants to wait till the spring when people might actually play.

I figure that I am going to have to go to Vancouver and buy one before he'll get into it. Hard to sell someone on an idea when it's just an image on a computer screen.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Nov. 24 2002,20:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Nov. 24 2002,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">je me rends = i surrender<span id='postcolor'>

Isnt this the motto on the French coat of Arms?

*dons Ran proof asbestos suit*<span id='postcolor'>

always better to yell that than being massacred by heavy weapons

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Nov. 24 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">always better to yell that than being massacred by heavy weapons<span id='postcolor'>

Damn..he isnt rising to the bait any more!

Je me rends!

No more jokes about the French from me!

And yes..surrendering is better than being blown to bits.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Nov. 25 2002,00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Å• terre = get down

cessez le feu = cease fire<span id='postcolor'>

Remember these. biggrin.gif

lol, ok, I promise I won't bash any countries or anything like that in my own thread.

I'm still saving up for an AEG. I'm looking at that beta AK-47SU that I played with. Anybody have any suggestions?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Nov. 24 2002,21:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Nov. 25 2002,00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Å• terre = get down

Remember these.  biggrin.gif

lol, ok, I promise I won't bash any countries or anything like that in my own thread.

I'm still saving up for an AEG.  I'm looking at that beta AK-47SU that I played with.  Anybody have any suggestions?<span id='postcolor'>

You didn't play with an Ak-47 SU, you played with an Ak-47 BETA SPETSNATZ wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Nov. 24 2002,20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Nov. 25 2002,00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Å• terre = get down

Remember these.  biggrin.gif

I'm still saving up for an AEG.  I'm looking at that beta AK-47SU that I played with.  Anybody have any suggestions?<span id='postcolor'>

Classic Army M16A3

All-metal, upgraded and with an M16A3 reciever thats easy to bolt loverly scopes and reflex sights on, for only slightly more than a standard AEG.

Might be going to Ambush in Jan. but its a bit of a train ride from where I am (as is CS).

Is there much in the way of running involved?

I want to try airsoft but have a foot problem which prevents me from running though I can manage a light jog for short intervals.

The worst part is I've only had the problem for a year and I could run quite fast before that sad.gif but it seems this problem may be permanent.

The FAMAS is a great weapon to start airsofting with. Ugly as sin but it chucks out those BB's at a rate of knots.

the UKAN Forums are a good place to look for 2nd hand AEGs

I've played the once @ ambush, bramshill but im looking to get into it properly next year.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 25 2002,02:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You didn't play with an Ak-47 SU, you played with an Ak-47 BETA SPETSNATZ wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But the AK-47SU looks so cool!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I want to try airsoft but have a foot problem which prevents me from running though I can manage a light jog for short intervals.<span id='postcolor'>

Depends.  If you want to run you can, but it didn't matter when I was playing.

Then again that was my first time.

Thanks vade I'll look into that forum.

I definately don't want an MP-5, or any other type of sub-machine gun. This is why I was thinking of the M4A1. It's compact enough to be useful in CQB, but can also be a rifle.

the problem with the airsoft m4s is that they use a little battery (no room in the stock to use a big one) and that doesn't really last you a day. so you need to spend a bit more on them.

but on the plus side they look neat ;-). bullpup rifles also have the "compact thing" going for them. so an Aug, FAMAS or p90 is a good bet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ Nov. 24 2002,23:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the problem with the airsoft m4s is that they use a little battery (no room in the stock to use a big one) and that doesn't really last you a day. so you need to spend a bit more on them.

but on the plus side they look neat ;-). bullpup rifles also have the "compact thing" going for them. so an Aug, FAMAS or p90 is a good bet.<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldnt recommend an AUG to a newbie, its too heavy and requires some getting used to, plus the plastic handle brakes easily.

Oh, and if I go to Ambush, it will be Chobham, not Bramshill.

I would of gone with the fames because its cheaper than most of the rifles yet still the same quality.

Either that or a regular mp5 with 1000 drum mag.

I'm looking at a FAMAS.

But I'm not enjoying it.

LOL

Dang, these things are really ugly. But I'll probably consider one if they're as good as you say they are.

Same thing about the A-10. Ugly, but well hung. biggrin.gif

I think performance varies on the manufacturer too so try and gget a shot of the ones u intend to buy first so u get a better idea if u`ll like it or not smile.gif

Chances are I'll buy one on ebay so I probably wont get to try it first. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Nov. 25 2002,07:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Chances are I'll buy one on ebay so I probably wont get to try it first. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

DON'T! We are talking about a Å200++ investment here, for this sort of money you should get it from a proper store, or from someone you know at a site. Forget ebay, its shit for purchases like this.

Personnally I really wouldn't recommend the FA-MAS.

Doesn't feel very well built in my opinion, and is more difficult to put scopes and reflex sights on.

The full stock M16's also can take large batteries and the SR-16 has a full stock, but a M4 size, as well as weaver style rails on the flat top for accessories, but if your after an SMG type I would definately recommend the P90, when your holding it, it feels like an extension of your arm and is light enough to carry around all day without another thought, but has a strong enough feel to it not to worry about dropping it and it falling into ten pieces (although dropping any of em wouldn't be recommended! biggrin.gif )

The Difference between new stock AEG's though isn't that much. They will all perform to a minimum standard that is still easy enough to get kills. (especially if your playing on a CQB site)

Hopefully it goes without saying that if/when you do buy one, keep it carefully as *some* people (silly as they are) can't tell the difference, and a visit from the police can really ruin your day biggrin.gif

If you have to travel far to get to a game site, buy a gun bag, some of em are only about Å20 over here and in the US I'm told you can pick them up cheaper than $10

If you can revisit the site you went to, introduce yourself and ask around, if someone if playing with the gun you want to buy, ask them about how well it worked.

(edit, and I totally agree with the Ebay comment, stay away from ebay when buying airsoft guns! a lot of them aren't legit, or have already had a shots though them, for only a little less money than buying new)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrMilli @ Nov. 25 2002,11:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hopefully it goes without saying that if/when you do buy one, keep it carefully as *some* people (silly as they are) can't tell the difference, and a visit from the police can really ruin your day biggrin.gif

If you have to travel far to get to a game site, buy a gun bag, some of em are only about Å20 over here<span id='postcolor'>

........ and dress inconspicuously.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Nov. 24 2002,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lŕ (point in the suspected direction) = here<span id='postcolor'>

hehe biggrin.gif

i wouldn't have any problems with this one. tounge.gif

but quite good hints anyway. smile.gif

THX

Transport of rifles isn't a problem for me. i'd use the gigbag for my bass guitar. it has the best protection for long objects and no cop would stop me with this one. tounge.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Nov. 24 2002,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Nov. 24 2002,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ehm... tombez!... vous-etes mort!

... baisse ton fusil!... tu es mon otage!

ROFLMAO tounge.gif  biggrin.gif

my french still sucks after all the years learning it at school.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

les mains sur la tÄte = put your hands on your head

Å• terre = get down

lŕ (point in the suspected direction) = here

t'es mort =  you're dead

baisse ton arme(you can say "gun" too)

feu ŕ volonté = fire at will

cessez le feu = cease fire

if you need anymore .... i'm here<span id='postcolor'>

Pas de prisonniers = no prisonners ! tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Nov. 25 2002,15:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Nov. 24 2002,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i'd use the gigbag for my bass guitar.<span id='postcolor'>

You play the bass? Me too biggrin.gif

I'll probably buy one from a nearby store. The thing I liked about ebay was that it's usually a package deal. You'd usually get a gun, a charger, and a battery for less than what it would cost you for just the gun in a store.

I've still got a lot of saving up/shopping around to do thoug.

Thanks for your advice everyone. smile.gif