Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 20 2003,12:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 19 2003,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why do people feel the need to play around with gun replicas ?<span id='postcolor'>

Its just another sport, ran smile.gif

Why do cricketers feel like waving around that large stick? Why do rugby players feel like beating each other up? Why do feel boxers like smashing each other up? Why do airsofters feel like shooting each other with plastic pellets biggrin.gif

Same thing smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i don't mind a wooden stick , but gun replicas ... replicas of objects ment to kill people

i don't say for a collection .. but playing with those ? i feel unconfortable<span id='postcolor'>

When little kids play cowboy and indian, they also use gun replicas. Yes, they are bad replicas, but still replicas. No difference mate smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

would u really be bothered if they didn`t look like real guns but were funtoiinal and didnt look or feel as goofy as paintball guns?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,20:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 20 2003,19wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 20 2003,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay, anyways, I am about to have my Ak-47 upgraded to 400Fps,<span id='postcolor'>

400 fps <!--emo&crazy.gif  crazy.gif  crazy.gif  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

400 fps is the standard fps for outdoor airsoft here in Arizona.  If you are playing CQB scenarios, it has to be less than 300 fps though.<span id='postcolor'>

Christ, thats mad!

In the UK, if you turn up with an automatic rifle that clocks more than 320 fps, you're out. Only exceptions are single shot sniper rifles.<span id='postcolor'>

yes but thats n the states,im sure u would be ok if u had a protection like paintball.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 20 2003,15:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but what i don't understand with airsoft is the need of the players to play with perfect replicas ......<span id='postcolor'>

The whole point of airsoft is to replicate simulated combat.

I dress up in BDUs, expensive SOE tactical vests, holsters, boonie hats.

And my weapon is a 14" tube sticking out of a box with a trigger sticking out the bottom. confused.gif

Defeats the whole point if you ask me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Joe_1911 @ April 21 2003,23:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The whole point of airsoft is to replicate simulated combat.<span id='postcolor'>

hmm ... in my opinion that's stupid then ....... , but then again , it's just my opinion

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 21 2003,23:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Joe_1911 @ April 21 2003,23wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The whole point of airsoft is to replicate simulated combat.<span id='postcolor'>

hmm ... in my opinion that's stupid then ....... , but then again , it's just my opinion<span id='postcolor'>

Yup..... so why do you wish you could make a law that would ban it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 21 2003,23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 21 2003,23:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Joe_1911 @ April 21 2003,23<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The whole point of airsoft is to replicate simulated combat.<span id='postcolor'>

hmm ... in my opinion that's stupid then ....... , but then again , it's just my opinion<span id='postcolor'>

Yup..... so why do you wish you could make a law that would ban it?<span id='postcolor'>

i don't want to ban it , i want to make it so unpopular and so un-fun that people would go back to the good ol' football (or softball) and rugby and other kinds of sane sports tounge.gif

Just let us have our fun. It's as harmless as you playing OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 21 2003,23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just let us have our fun.  It's as harmless as you playing OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

can i rob a bank with ofp ?

can i critically hurt someone in the eye with ofp ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 21 2003,23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 21 2003,23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just let us have our fun.  It's as harmless as you playing OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

can i critically hurt someone in the eye with ofp ?<span id='postcolor'>

When you play airsoft at an airsoft site, no one gets hurt, because everyone is responsible.

Those that misuse airsoft weapons, are not airsoft players but stupid people that should not have them in the first place.

u can do both with other thinggs too and a paintball gun would make a better weapon than ana airsoft gun confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ April 22 2003,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">u can do both with  other thinggs too and a paintball gun would make a better weapon than ana airsoft gun  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

but do most of the paintballgun look like military grade automatic weapons ?

have you ever seen a bank robber with a baseball bat ? with a french bread stick ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 22 2003,00:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ April 22 2003,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">u can do both with  other thinggs too and a paintball gun would make a better weapon than ana airsoft gun  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

but do most of the paintballgun look like military grade automatic weapons ?

have you ever seen a bank robber with a baseball bat ? with a french bread stick ?<span id='postcolor'>

Airsoft guns are abused by people NOT related to the airsoft sport

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 21 2003,16:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 21 2003,23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just let us have our fun.  It's as harmless as you playing OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

What the hell ran?!

Rob a bank with it? what happens when the cops show? What happens when a customer noticed how the guns have smaller barrels, or why the gun says "Made In Japan, Tokyo Mauri LTD." on the side? Whats the robber going to do? Shoot him?!

Like Ronin said, only idiots misuse a Airsoft gun, and around here, a Airsoft gun is classified as a "Replica Gun" so if you use one in a criminal act, it carries a Criminal Sentence with it like if I was to shoot a kid on a street with a Airsoft guns its Assault with a Deadly weapon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">can i rob a bank with ofp ?

You can do both of those with a big stick. Want to ban those too?

Look, idiots are going to be idiots. Morons are going to use airsoft equipment for moronic things. But it's not like banning airsoft is going to stop them. If you banned airsoft they'd use real guns, or just souped up toy guns.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 22 2003,01:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 21 2003,16:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 21 2003,23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just let us have our fun.  It's as harmless as you playing OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

What the hell ran?!

Rob a bank with it? what happens when the cops show? What happens when a customer noticed how the guns have smaller barrels, or why the gun says "Made In Japan, Tokyo Mauri LTD." on the side? Whats the robber going to do? Shoot him?!

Like Ronin said, only idiots misuse a Airsoft gun, and around here, a Airsoft gun is classified as a "Replica Gun" so if you use one in a criminal act, it carries a Criminal Sentence with it like if I was to shoot a kid on a street with a Airsoft guns its Assault with a Deadly weapon.<span id='postcolor'>

no comment on that .....

he said enough all by himself

allegations based on his own personnal knowledge of bank robberies ..... no way i can counter that .....

HHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 22 2003,01:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What the hell are you talking about ran?<span id='postcolor'>

sorry , it's getting late and i'm tired , but to explain my higher post :

it's not about the diameter of the replica's barrel or the writtings on it

during a bank robbery , i doubt that you would care about checking what's written on the robbers' gun .....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 22 2003,01:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 22 2003,01:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What the hell are you talking about ran?<span id='postcolor'>

sorry , it's getting late and i'm tired , but to explain my higher post :

it's not about the diameter of the replica's barrel or the writtings on it

during a bank robbery , i doubt that you would care about checking what's written on the robbers' gun .....<span id='postcolor'>

A bank robber will rob a bank, either with a real gun, an airsoft one or a knife, depending on what is available. Banning airsoft will not make a difference, he will still attempt to rob the bank!

He has a point. Whether the bullet has your name on it or "to whom it may concern", I just don't want to be in it's way. Same thing with a gun.

But still, I highly doubt making airsoft illegal will stop criminals from committing a crime.

it won't stop them from comitting crimes

but my problem is an ethical and technical one

Methinks Ran is speaking from his anal canal. smile.gif

Airsoft is pretty cool, and the high cost of ownership should (for the most part) keep the guns out of the hands of idiots.

ANYTHING can be misused, not just Airsoft.  Now, being that he is a cop, I can see why Ran might be a little paranoid about Airsoft guns.  But, I also think he's never actually seen one used improperly (ie: In a robbery or being packed around on the street) so he's mostly over reacting! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 22 2003,01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But, I also think he's never actually seen one used improperly (ie: In a robbery or being packed around on the street) so he's mostly over reacting! smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you would be surprised ......

it was back in my time in the PJ , it was in May 1999 , during a bank robbery , the robbers had been signaled with russian typed assault rifles (AK47) , we didn't know they were airsofts and because , me and the colleagues knowing our weapon basics we had to make a GIPN assault squad take care of the situation , after the guys from the GIPN stepped out of their vans and started to get in position , somations were yelled toward the bank , the robbers answer to the first one without doing a lot of fuss , we've discovered then that the rifles were two airsoft plastic AK replicas , and that's not the only case , we've been confronted about twice to people "playing around" with springer(is that their names) pistols to threaten people and to rob them

-edit- the use of Airsofts in criminal acts has grown up in France due to an important % of defavorised people in our societies

most of the Pharmacies robberies are operated for example with airsoft guns

airsofts are a cheap meen to get a threatening object and to be able to operate small scale robberies (provincial banks , pharmacies , supermarket)

Ran, although I respect your opinion I disagree with it. Yes, people can and will misuse airsoft equipment for criminal purposes. But making something illegal doesn't take it out of the hands of a criminal, making something illegal won't deter people from using an alternative (possibly a dangerous alternative).