Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

1.90 bug list

I wonder how much of this the OF Team realy reads and cares about confused.gif

And where the hell is Suma, I sent him a PM a while ago with a bug in it and he never replied. Hope he got it.

It's possible to delete custum faces in multiplayer so the other players have white faces and hands, which makes it extremely unfair to play because they are discoverd very easily and make disquise in bushes nearly impossible.

In the many boards out there on the web it is often reffered to as a CHEAT!

out

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecube @ Dec. 02 2002,12:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's possible to delete custum faces in multiplayer so the other players have white faces and hands, which makes it extremely unfair to play because they are discoverd very easily and make disquise in bushes nearly impossible.

out<span id='postcolor'>

I tried it once in a Coop and it didn't work.

-=Die Alive=-

I noticed that you could cause ofp res to crash if you tried to resize an array with a negative number. I just happened to be testing something and the game crashes without the crash files.

arraylist resize -1

hoz

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecube @ Dec. 02 2002,18:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's possible to delete custum faces in multiplayer so the other players have white faces and hands, which makes it extremely unfair to play because they are discoverd very easily and make disquise in bushes nearly impossible.

out<span id='postcolor'>

For me they just re-download and everything is back to normal.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Dec. 02 2002,22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecube @ Dec. 02 2002,18wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's possible to delete custum faces in multiplayer so the other players have white faces and hands, which makes it extremely unfair to play because they are discoverd very easily and make disquise in bushes nearly impossible.

out<span id='postcolor'>

For me they just re-download and everything is back to normal.<span id='postcolor'>

it might perhaps depend on the right moment to delete these faces, but it DOES work and it gave a lot of clan-players out there a hard time.

Is there a problem with bridges since 1.90? Never had this happen to me before:

bridgebug1.jpg

bridgebug2.jpg

This is the big bridge on Nogova, and both tanks sink into the bridge. The trucks could cross without any troubles. I had similar problems on some custom islands (Hellden for example), but I thought it might be caused by the islands having bugs - but now on a official island, too???

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Dec. 04 2002,08:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is the big bridge on Nogova, and both tanks sink into the bridge. The trucks could cross without any troubles. I had similar problems on some custom islands (Hellden for example), but I thought it might be caused by the islands having bugs - but now on a official island, too???<span id='postcolor'>

I don't have this bug it seems. Tanks can pass the bridge without any problems.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Dec. 04 2002,08:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there a problem with bridges since 1.90? Never had this happen to me before:

This is the big bridge on Nogova, and both tanks sink into the bridge. The trucks could cross without any troubles. I had similar problems on some custom islands (Hellden for example), but I thought it might be caused by the islands having bugs - but now on a official island, too???<span id='postcolor'>

I have the same thing...really annoying. Cant use the bridge anymore...well not with tanks anyway sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Dec. 01 2002,21:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Dec. 01 2002,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has anyone noticed if you walk up to another soldier on an MP game your face will change to his?<span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure? I haven't seen this happen.

RED<span id='postcolor'>

Yea, I walk up to a guy with a custom face and my face changes to his.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (S_Z @ Dec. 04 2002,14:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Dec. 04 2002,08:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there a problem with bridges since 1.90? Never had this happen to me before:

This is the big bridge on Nogova, and both tanks sink into the bridge. The trucks could cross without any troubles. I had similar problems on some custom islands (Hellden for example), but I thought it might be caused by the islands having bugs - but now on a official island, too???<span id='postcolor'>

I have the same thing...really annoying. Cant use the bridge anymore...well not with tanks anyway sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I never encountered it, and I even played around in the Mission Editor for half an hour with different vehicles (tracked and wheeled) -- no dice.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but sometimes when i fly a plane which has been damaged and as soon as i land (with gears out) the gear folds in and i get this effect

Su25bug.JPG

I can still take off etc and the plane isn't destroyed... Also the Gear up and Gear down buttons in the action menu have vanished.. This bug is reproducable (on the ground + in the air)

FW200

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Dec. 05 2002,14:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but sometimes when i fly a plane which has been damaged and as soon as i land (with gears out) the gear folds in and i get this effect

I can still take off etc and the plane isn't destroyed... Also the Gear up and Gear down buttons in the action menu have vanished.. This bug is reproducable (on the ground + in the air)<span id='postcolor'>

I think this is not a bug - this is effect of wheels that are dammaged and therefore not strong enough to be able to support the plane.

I think the bridge bug might have something to do with the fact that the bridge doen't connect properly to the road anymore:

bridgebug3.jpg

I gather there have been changes (or rather fixes) to the way the terrain is interpolated, as there were problems in 1.85 in some cases. Maybe this is connected with that??? I mean, I didn't change anything on the original islands, and all of a sudden the bridge doesn't fit anymore as it should...

I know at least one other map maker on our server who has the same problem...

Just to dig up a problem which was mentioned earlier, our servers behind the firewall do not display squad xml's either. If the server is outside the firewall, then they show normally.

The firewall will allow any outgoing connections, but will only allow authorised IPs incoming. However, I had assumed that the ded. server would access the xml itself, which should be fine.

One thing kinda bugging me is the civilian and the pistols. If I'm a civilian with a pistol and I "put it on my back", he will holster it. But when it's a away, he doesn't walk normal. It, looks like he's got a rifle on his back. But he doesn't

It's small, but it's bugging me cause I want to make a hitman mission for single player, but the thing is it looks really wierd if he's walking looking like he's carrying an invisible rifle.

object id command no longer working for me for some reason. It works when I load up an old mission that hasn't been changed by the editor by if I try even this simple command:

object 20913 setdammage 1 I get unknown command with the # cursoer after object. I verified my command from a map I previously made, the object command worked, and I copied/pasted the command into a new script on new map and get the error. can't see any differences from old to new... wondering if this has anything to do with the setpos of objects fix? oh and happy new year! smile.gif

followup unrelated point. I came upon this thread by searching for "bushes" and I don't see bushes mentioned anywhere in the 17 pages of this thread.

When you add two binoculars to a unit and remove them again, one of them is missing in the weapon pool.

The only bug I've found in version 1.90 reffers to the streyla pics. When you equip the streyla launcher, in the item 2 slot the rocket isn't displayed. But you go into the game and you do have it.

In refference to the whole jumping out of vehicles thing, I've jumped out of vehicles and had AI players jump out of vehicles under every condition, variable and combination and they've either broken both legs or have died.

One thing I wonder about though is the helicopters. When I tell the helicopter to go up or down, accelerate or decelerate or anything else, it doesn't do it until about 5 seconds after I've issued the command. And even then, it'll keep doing it until I issue the opposite command. Makes it incredibly frusterating to fly anything and impossible to land. You just do circles around the landing zone at 150mph. Does anyone else have consistent problems with that?

All in all, OFP is an awesome game and I'll stick with it and ignore the bugs simply because they're very measly and insignificant in comparison to the game as a whole. I just won't fly anything ever again, that's all.

1.94?! How the heck? I've just heard word that 1.92 beta has been released. Nowhere on the net have I found 1.94, sorry.

1.94?!  How the heck?  I've just heard word that 1.92 beta has been released.  Nowhere on the net have I found 1.94, sorry.

Go to The FAQ and read down just a drop off the top.

edit: Besides which, 1.91 was released some time ago. As you can see yourself, you've reviived a pretty antiquated thread.