Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

1.90 bug list

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R71 @ Nov. 22 2002,23:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did anyone else have a problem with the take off speed? I can get off ground at 160 with a stick, but with my mouse its closer to 200.<span id='postcolor'>

I'd suggest that's because of the re-centering tendency of mouse controls.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Uncle Reiben @ Nov. 23 2002,11:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AK-74 Inventory pic still looks like a 47...

the Descriptions for the "Mortar" and 40mm M203 Grenade look like they were switched, their descriptions would more accurately pertain to the other

these are really minor so i guess they're low on the list; but they've been around  for ages<span id='postcolor'>

the makers of the AK 74 put grooves in the stock and the hand guard so that people would not confuse them with each other and if you look at the AK 47 pic it has no grooves, the AK 74 however does. I agree withe the M20 and mortar thing though.

BTW has anyone noticed the footprint thing in the new patch, its quite cool.

seeing as the other thread was locked (dont see the point) does anyone know a way to get RH 1.90 compatability working.

I was getting worried when i saw 6 pages in "1.90 Buglist" and then pleased to see most of it was known issues, minor bugs and Bullshit biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work BIS.

About the RedHammer 1.90 update problem:

It says on the official info:

Required:

ORIGINAL VERSION OF OPERATION FLASHPOINT: CWC with Gold Upgrade (or Gold Version) and OPERATION FLASHPOINT: RESISTANCE. Patch 1.90 installed.

They tell you to install the 1.90 patch BEFORE the RedHammer update! Don't you think that they should amend this as from what I have heard, you need to install the RedHammer patch BEFORE the 1.90 patch. I have tried this and had problems:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=24229

The thread was locked so I cannot add this to my message so I am sorry if this has been mentioned in this thread but I have not got the time to look through 6 pages mad.gif

1.85 compatability is different from 1.90 compatability patch for red hammer

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ID7 @ Nov. 23 2002,10:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This has to be the funniest bug I've ever seen tounge.giftounge.gif Vehicles go faster uphill than downhill. Downhill even slows you down. I guess 1.90 will not last long which is nice smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

One important thing to add. Vehicles show this "feature" only when going on roads. Place an M1A1 in Dourdan and go north to see the rocket engine in action. wink.gif

You capmaign weapon pool carries over to the single missions. I was playing under hill and I went to see if I had any weapons I could use, they all were the same as what I have currently in my pool for the campaign.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ID7 @ Nov. 23 2002,18:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ID7 @ Nov. 23 2002,10:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This has to be the funniest bug I've ever seen  tounge.giftounge.gif  Vehicles go faster uphill than downhill. Downhill even slows you down. I guess 1.90 will not last long which is nice  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

One important thing to add. Vehicles show this "feature" only when going on roads. Place an M1A1 in Dourdan and go north to see the rocket engine in action. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Holy crap this is hilarious. 100mph uphill and only 40 downhill! BIS better realease a 1.91 patch quick to fix it biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hotwire @ Nov. 23 2002,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About the RedHammer 1.90 update problem:<span id='postcolor'>

To sum up my experience:

I had previously installed the RH 1.85 Update patch after installing the Resistance 1.85 upgrade.

Now, after installing the Resistance 1.90 upgrade, trying to install the new RH 1.90 update patch failed.

So I restored the original RedHammer.pbo file from before 1.85 and then applied the RH 1.90 update patch. This worked.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Nov. 23 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ID7 @ Nov. 23 2002,18:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ID7 @ Nov. 23 2002,10:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This has to be the funniest bug I've ever seen  tounge.giftounge.gif  Vehicles go faster uphill than downhill. Downhill even slows you down. I guess 1.90 will not last long which is nice  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

One important thing to add. Vehicles show this "feature" only when going on roads. Place an M1A1 in Dourdan and go north to see the rocket engine in action. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Holy crap this is hilarious.  100mph uphill and only 40 downhill!  BIS better realease a 1.91 patch quick to fix it   biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You know what. It should remain this way. BIS should just fix the problems with the speed when going downhill. It's really fun driving uphill now. smile.gif

It seems there is something wrong with the AI when they are in command of armour vehicles now.

If you get into an MBT of IFV in the driver position and place two AI units in with you (gunner and commander) the commander will constantly call out targets to the gunner. It doesn't even pause for more then one second between targets and gives no time for the gunner to lock onto anything. Basically it has made it worthless to attempt to let the ai control the fire system. I used to do this all the time, since the ai is fairly bad at driving in a straight line or crossing bridges, but now they can't even shoot another tank.

The only thing that seems to work is to remove the commander, which brings me to the next problem. After telling the annoying screaming fool to get out I continue to hear his orders until I force everyone, including myself to disembark as well (Sometimes this won't even stop him).

I'm certain this is new to v1.90, like I said, I used to play the driver all of the time.

One other thing, it seems like in MP it takes ALOT longer for you orders to be issued and received amongst your team, and even longer for them to act upon them then it ever had before. I don't think it's to major a thing, but sometimes the AI doesn't do what you say at all, especially if you try to issue multiple command in quick succession. The eariler commands don't seem to be issued like the used to, the seem to be getting over-looked by the game now. This hasn't been happening until v1.90 either...

I hope someone and recreate these so they can be fixed in the next patch..

crazy.gif Why does'int the helmet protect you againts bullits? Are all the soldiers using full metal jacket?

I think that's a bug or a miss....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Nov. 23 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Nov. 23 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ID7 @ Nov. 23 2002,18:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ID7 @ Nov. 23 2002,10:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This has to be the funniest bug I've ever seen  tounge.giftounge.gif  Vehicles go faster uphill than downhill. Downhill even slows you down. I guess 1.90 will not last long which is nice  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Holy crap this is hilarious.  100mph uphill and only 40 downhill!  BIS better realease a 1.91 patch quick to fix it   biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You know what. It should remain this way. BIS should just fix the problems with the speed when going downhill. It's really fun driving uphill now. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Okaj I haven't test the bug yet on 1.90 but in 1.85 that wasen't a bug....u could'nt drive so fast upphill....so it realy suprise me if they have done somthing wrong so the 1.90 just have an none early before bug....very strange.... tounge.gif but it's only one thing for me to find out....it is to test the new version... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (krondike @ Nov. 23 2002,23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">crazy.gif Why does'int the helmet protect you againts bullits? Are all the soldiers using full metal jacket?

I think that's a bug or a miss....<span id='postcolor'>

isnt full metal jacket the standard issue round? either way, even modern helmets are only meant to stop 9mm, even if it did stop a bigger round it would make a very big bump on their heads smile.gif but you can sometimes shoot people in the head and not kill them(in ofp)...not very often though...

It seems that in some cases Kegetys editor addon will not kick a player off of a server if he doesnt have it. There is one particular mission which when played by people who dont have the addon allows them to see flat land rather than the buildings that are supposed to be there...they dont get an addon missing message and it allows them to load the mission and play anyway.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ Nov. 24 2002,04:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It seems that in some cases Kegetys editor addon will not kick a player off of a server if he doesnt have it.  There is one particular mission which when played by people who dont have the addon allows them to see flat land rather than the buildings that are supposed to be there...they dont get an addon missing message and it allows them to load the mission and play anyway.<span id='postcolor'>

could you test something? for the server that has Keg's addons, could you use that new command bn880 talked about? one that checks files? maybe you can add Keg's editor addon filename to it to distinguish ppl who has it and ppl who don't

addons and multiplayer dont seem to mix well, when using keg addon we get all sorts msgs.

Createvehicle bug on dedicated servers., This is a real big bug i would think!

Make a map with a Playable player in it next to the following items.

Make a Trigger that activates ONCE on mission load/or by radio and has this info in it.

Bike_2 = "Jawa" createVehicle getpos StartVcl_8; Bike_2 setpos [getPos StartVcl_8 select 0, getPos StartVcl_8 select 1, (getPos StartVcl_8 select 2) + .5]; Bike_2 setdir (getDir StartVcl_8);

Now Make a Gamelogic called StartVCL_8

Now to prove this is a bug and not a mission mistake make a Game Logic called server (this is ment to tell the server to only run code/script on its end not on clients)

Now load the mission up in dedicated server mode and witness the vehicle being doubled, if there are more players connected lets say 20, it will create 21+ more vehicles in that same spot making some serious lag and possibly crashing the server.

I hope BIS fixes this in the future as its a serious mission halter, Im unsure if it was in v1.75/85 but non the less it needs to be solved.

PS. This bug ONLY happens on a dedicated server so don't try and duplicated it on SP/MP as it won't work. I used v1.88 dedicated server to test this and 1.90 Client.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before...

i did notice one thing, the disembark seems to have been screwed up slightly, if you tell someone to disembark while moving then eject they will jump after you instead of waiting for it to stop, also they jump without parachutes(so they hurtle towards the ground in helis/planes and make pretty red splodges on the ground) its not really a serious bug, but still a bug...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 24 2002,09:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i did notice one thing, the disembark seems to have been screwed up slightly, if you tell someone to disembark while moving then eject they will jump after you instead of waiting for it to stop, also they jump without parachutes(so they hurtle towards the ground in helis/planes and make pretty red splodges on the ground) its not really a serious bug, but still a bug...<span id='postcolor'>

I noticed something similar. I made a mission on the Ia Trang island and had alot of enemy soldiers waiting for me at the clearing in the forest. I put some friendly soldiers there too so it would not be like we were the first soldiers there.

Two squads (with me in one of them) started in a Chinook and I set Transport Unload waypoint in the middle of the clearing. When we got to it, my leader told everyone to disembark and I jumped with a parachute together with almost everyone else without parachutes.

But not everyone jumped and some waited until they were far away in the forest so they got lost. What I thought was that transport unload meant that the chopper would land and then everyone would disembark. Was it because I had the behavior to Combat or something like that?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PRiME @ Nov. 24 2002,16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bike_2 = "Jawa" createVehicle getpos StartVcl_8; Bike_2 setpos [getPos StartVcl_8 select 0, getPos StartVcl_8 select 1, (getPos StartVcl_8 select 2) + .5]; Bike_2 setdir (getDir StartVcl_8);

Now Make a Gamelogic called StartVCL_8

Now to prove this is a bug and not a mission mistake make a Game Logic called server (this is ment to tell the server to only run code/script on its end not on clients)<span id='postcolor'>

Try something like

?!(local Server): Goto "end"

in your script or

?(local Server)

in your trigger condition, so the server logic is used to make one set of vehicles.

Yes, you have to specify that only the local gamelogic named server is to act upon this command, otherwise, all clients will do it as well. Just placing a Gamelogic named server in the mission doesn't do anything. It just serves as a local object on the dedicated server.