Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

1.90 bug list

from the 'invincible paratroopers' thread:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well.. Ive been testing in the "preview" mode.. Ive targeted Piper Cubs without any problem.. but not military aircraft so far. Odd...<span id='postcolor'>

Ok,I just set up a test - the ch47D can be targeted witout any problems with the strela (in V1.90). Don't know what you're doing wrong, but I downed the bugger in one shot.

But you're right about the A10 - not lock, whatever I tried. Neither with the Strela nor the western AA launcher.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([GNC]Nekkekami @ Nov. 22 2002,23:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's still no pic of the 9K32-streyla missile?

Bravo! Done very well! Superb!

I will never buy any buggy Bohemia-Interactive / Codemasters products again, I'm tired of finding bug after bug....

...and I'm tired of seeing the same sh*** bugs again and again...

...and I'm tired of installing patch after patch....

And if you're searching for more bugs, BIS, then go on and search for yourself!<span id='postcolor'>

He is does not like bugs but he hates installing patches. How the hell do BIS fix a bug without a patch? Magically?

Ignore this person, he is a moron.

@Skulleye

Did you put down a "H" for the helo to land on? i've had problems with Ia Drang before without them

This thread is full of bullshit from some amusingly stupid people biggrin.gif

Please try not to be rude wankers because of your ignorance. BIS are very busy and while fixing bugs they will always go for the most serious known bugs and fix those in the time they have available.

If the bugs cannot be fixed in that time and are not serious they are left out. Believe me when I say they stress out bigtime trying to fix bugs for you. If you read the things that are fixed in 1.90 it shows BIS listen to you and fix the problems most people hated, they would fix more if they had more time.

Gameplanet's OFP: Resistance server has had 1.90 players connecting all weekend, we've had many great games without any issues, no bugs at all that effect gameplay.

So far feedback from Gameplanet's players is really good. We have had reports of no major issues, some small things that were just weird things that did not reoccur. Network and server performance is still good since 1.88 server update.

The bug where too many bodies left on ground by clients seems to be fixed and working well. Server performance has not been afffected by bodies piling up.

There is not a lot to report, overall this patch is great, shows a lot of hard work by Suma and the BIS crew. Well done. smile.gif

On behalf of myself and all the Gameplanet players we really appreciate your hard work and dedication.

Regards,

yep BIS has stuck with their game more than u can say for other games, look at bf42 game their patch is delayed and delayed, how long was our patch delayed y not more than a few days. IL2 sturmovik team also gives great support and yet they still get crap from sum ppl sayin this FM is bias, that planes too good, when they really know nufing.

I can only say mr Damage that i posted that about the cfg message because i was getting the message and was worried that when i joined servers peeps might think i was cheating, i now know that most peeps get this message on our server, it doesn't do any harm to me or the game, but i agree that 1.9 is very good and i DO also appreciate what BIS are doing. I noticed that a possible cheat using wrpedit has been accounted for, as soon as i realised the possibilty for this i emailed it to them rather than post it in public so that everyone could see it and the cheats among us could use it!....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Nov. 24 2002,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This thread is full of bullshit from some amusingly stupid people biggrin.gif

Please try not to be rude wankers because of your ignorance. BIS are very busy and while fixing bugs they will always go for the most serious known bugs and fix those in the time they have available.

If the bugs cannot be fixed in that time and are not serious they are left out. Believe me when I say they stress out bigtime trying to fix bugs for you. If you read the things that are fixed in 1.90 it shows BIS listen to you and fix the problems most people hated, they would fix more if they had more time.

Gameplanet's OFP: Resistance server has had 1.90 players connecting all weekend, we've had many great games without any issues, no bugs at all that effect gameplay.

So far feedback from Gameplanet's players is really good. We have had reports of no major issues, some small things that were just weird things that did not reoccur. Network and server performance is still good since 1.88 server update.

The bug where too many bodies left on ground by clients seems to be fixed and working well. Server performance has not been afffected by bodies piling up.

There is not a lot to report, overall this patch is great, shows a lot of hard work by Suma and the BIS crew. Well done. smile.gif

On behalf of myself and all the Gameplanet players we really appreciate your hard work and dedication.

Regards,<span id='postcolor'>

totally agree. only bug I c is the jettanks biggrin.gif out

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Nov. 23 2002,12:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hotwire @ Nov. 23 2002,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About the RedHammer 1.90 update problem:<span id='postcolor'>

To sum up my experience:

I had previously installed the RH 1.85 Update patch after installing the Resistance 1.85 upgrade.

Now, after installing the Resistance 1.90 upgrade, trying to install the new RH 1.90 update patch failed.

So I restored the original RedHammer.pbo file from before 1.85 and then applied the RH 1.90 update patch. This worked.<span id='postcolor'>

Please, is this the correct process to achieve RH 1.90 after RH update 1.90 removes RH.pbo?

Insert RH CD-ROM install disk.

Explore disk to D:\Flashpoint_Gold\Campaigns.

Transfer "redhammer.pbo" from there to C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Campaigns.

Then double left mouse click on icon for "OFP_RedHammerUpdate190.exe".

What I am worried about is that something will have been lost in the update process which leaves me with an untrue version of RH 1.90.

Correct file size = 16351kb?

Next, has a solution to the origin of the "modified config" message on MP been discovered yet?

I ask this question for those of us who could not have changed it since we dont know how to do so.

i cant reprodice rocket ship tanks, ppl said they go faster uphill than down well i tried all the tanks i think ai driving and me and it all seems normal.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ADOY @ Nov. 25 2002,00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I am worried about is that something will have been lost in the update process which leaves me with an untrue version of RH 1.90.<span id='postcolor'>

Red Hammer originally consists of 2 files: \CAMPAIGNS\REDHAMMER.PBO and \ADDONS\VOICES.PBO.

If you had upgraded from 1.75 straight to 1.90, you would still have been using the original CD versions of these files.

Both the RH 1.85 and 1.90 compatibility updates check for the original RH PBO file before updating. It's OK.

The only question remaining is whether there's any difference between the two RH updates or that one simply checks for a 1.85 install, the other for 1.90. I'm waiting for a reply from BIS.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Nov. 24 2002,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This thread is full of bullshit from some amusingly stupid people biggrin.gif

Regards,<span id='postcolor'>

Hopefoly they also fix som irritating and some none realistic bugs to...

That was just an answer to an answer...

Why can't u see your own feet for?

withstupid.gif

Hi all!

Since i updated our Dedicated to 1.85 (1.90 now), no squad.xml seems to be processing. No Player has a squad-tag behind and no logos are shown.

The Dedicated is behind a Firewall, but the Open Ports are still the same as before 1.85 (http is also open)....there was all working!

Also the connection to the Dedicated takes some time, on other servers it goes faster.

Does someone has an idea or do ya need other infos as well?

greez,

nox

http://www.oldfreakz.org

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hugo2020 @ Nov. 22 2002,14:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([GNC]Nekkekami @ Nov. 22 2002,13:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's still no pic of the 9K32-streyla missile?

I will never buy any buggy Bohemia-Interactive / Codemasters products again, I'm tired of finding bug after bug....

And if you're searching for more bugs, BIS, then go on and search for yourself!<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

plz calm down, it is peanuts, you lose the view for the really important things<span id='postcolor'>

It is a bit annoying, this bug has been around since 1.00. Surely it could have been fixed by now.

I'm getting sick of getting an error popup every time I pick up a Strella. In MP it has often resulted in me getting killed trying to click OK to get rid of the popup.

Can it really be that hard to add the rocket pic to the Data.pbo or O.pbo or whatever in one of the patches...?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 25 2002,11:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hugo2020 @ Nov. 22 2002,14:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([GNC]Nekkekami @ Nov. 22 2002,13:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's still no pic of the 9K32-streyla missile?

LOL

plz calm down, it is peanuts, you lose the view for the really important things<span id='postcolor'>

It is a bit annoying, this bug has been around since 1.00. Surely it could have been fixed by now.

I'm getting sick of getting an error popup every time I pick up a Strella. In MP it has often resulted in me getting killed trying to click OK to get rid of the popup.

Can it really be that hard to add the rocket pic to the Data.pbo or O.pbo or whatever in one of the patches...?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes I know such a situation, I only take West AA, or better: because I know the popup I am prepared for it.

I think it is not worth to complain such a good game with this small bug.

Looking forward to OFP 2 and nobody is perfect!

Well. That thing with the faster uphill than downhill is ridiculous thing. That's surely a bug that has to be fixed.

And sum kind of magic seems to get awake on the hills on Nogova. At least on the uphill west from "Davle" my tank was driving straight uphill even without pushing on the gas !

I haven't hit any keyboard for a while, but the tank still holds it's speed and drove uphill itself!!  wow.gif

(It sure only happens on roadways)

Regards

GM

Don't know if this is a new one, but I've played on line a couple of times when the leader starts saying "X, report status" over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Nobody seemed to find it very amusing when I start killing my commanding officer to get 20 secs queit... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hugo2020 @ Nov. 25 2002,11:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 25 2002,11:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hugo2020 @ Nov. 22 2002,14:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([GNC]Nekkekami @ Nov. 22 2002,13:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's still no pic of the 9K32-streyla missile?

LOL

Can it really be that hard to add the rocket pic to the Data.pbo or O.pbo or whatever in one of the patches...?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes I know such a situation, I only take West AA, or better: because I know the popup I am prepared for it.

Looking forward to OFP 2 and nobody is perfect!<span id='postcolor'>

Normally I would agree, but with such an annoying and obvious bug that has existed right from the beginning, I would have thought that with all the other fixes they have done, this would have been addressed back at 1.20 or something.

Obviously filed by BIS in the "too hard" basket....

P.S. I f**king love the game, don't get me wrong! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jawk @ Nov. 22 2002,11:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...the editor wont permit you to place empty thing before u place first a player.<span id='postcolor'>

You can place an empty unit first indeed.  When inserting a unit make sure it's selected to "non-playable" instead of "player"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I haven't hit any keyboard for a while, but the tank still holds it's speed and drove uphill itself!!<span id='postcolor'>

Ever heard of cruise control? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Ever heard of cruise control?

<span id='postcolor'>

Not really! A new hidden feature in OFP ??  wink.gif

OF-nox

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Since i updated our Dedicated to 1.85 (1.90 now), no squad.xml seems to be processing. No Player has a squad-tag behind and no logos are shown.

The Dedicated is behind a Firewall, but the Open Ports are still the same as before 1.85 (http is also open)....there was all working!

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1.89  - Added: Item "proxy" added to Flashpoint.cfg to enforce proxy server used to download xml squad page etc.

<span id='postcolor'>

What does this mean?  Could this fix/explain it?

Doolittle

XML 's show up no problem for us, only on Windoz servers though. On Linux it crashes the server when you try and join with a custom face or XML, we tried it without both and i can join and play without problem.

Fenris we also had that problem, BUT thankfully it only happened once, some of the guys on the server were patched and some were at 1.8x, dunno if that had anything to do with it, but it hasn't occured since (thankfully, because it can drive you INSANE)

Logos and custom faces show up on our linux server. Custom faces did so right from the first version of the linux server, and logos work since 1.90.

The crashing on linux servers seems to come from players using incorrect squad urls (i hate those idiots, too dumb to type a correct url like stated in the readme and we have to suffer because of them)...

Benu i think that this would be a correct xml link XML would it not?, if not feel free to correct me. This "readme" that you are talking about, what is it for?, is it one that comes with xml file setup or with the Linux setup?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 25 2002,07:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hugo2020 @ Nov. 25 2002,11:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 25 2002,11:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hugo2020 @ Nov. 22 2002,14:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([GNC]Nekkekami @ Nov. 22 2002,13:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's still no pic of the 9K32-streyla missile?

LOL

Looking forward to OFP 2 and nobody is perfect!<span id='postcolor'>

Normally I would agree, but with such an annoying and obvious bug that has existed right from the beginning, I would have thought that with all the other fixes they have done, this would have been addressed back at 1.20 or something.

Obviously filed by BIS in the "too hard" basket....

P.S. I f**king love the game, don't get me wrong!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Major Fubar i have V1.90 and there is a pic of a Streyla missle in the gear invintory when you have the weapon in fact i even have a Schreen shot of it. so it is in fact present in 1.90 and i dont get any errs in MP when picking up a Streyla