Snake Man, would you mind making a tutorial how you're putting together these huge terrains?

30000 view distance and 12000 object distance now air combat actually makes sense :)

Minimum FPS 130

580361f76f9c4553ab82e0ef29ea4e0b.png

303ff93d527c4a25a1eb9fa21c781db1.png

Mods:

Firewill's F-16

PMC Afghanistan Ghazni

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, nikiforos said:

30000 view distance and 12000 object distance now air combat actually makes sense :)

how you set 30000 view distance ?

3 minutes ago, sammael said:

how you set 30000 view distance ?

I use this mod :

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7139

Follow the instructions then change the view distance through Userconfig map in Arma 3 .

// define ViewDistance value for Button 3
// (VD will be set to this value when you push Button 3 in the IVD GUI)
IVD_Button3_value = 30000;

• Like 1

you could write idown a sort of  "allowed modpack" and then everyone could do maybe some trees or something? and send it to you

I can handle placing vegetation; bushes, trees and rocks (are rocks vegetation? heh, but you get my point). I don't recommend anyone to spend time placing vegetation. If someone is super anthusiastic about placing vegetation then please contact me on arma discord chat.

Regarding "allowed mod pack", the addons you should use which I can add into terrain (WRP file) on next releases are default arma3 objects and CUP objects. I edited my previous statement so just to be clear here: do not use rso buildings.

Do not use "xcam addons". You can use xcam to place arma3/CUP objects but do not use "xcam addons", I know this is bit confusing to many people especially for those new to terrain editing, but if you have any questions etc just contact me on arma discord chat.

I'll try to write some sort of guide how to use eden/mapbuilder/xcam to place objects specifically into these real world data terrains, step by step tutorial so even someone who just loves these terrains but has never placed any objects can do so. But I will have to find time to write such guide heh.

Snake Man, would you mind making a tutorial how you're putting together these huge terrains?

I sent you a private message in arma discord chat, please check :)

Minimum FPS 130

Glad you like it. I'm thinking about keeping empty object-less versions of these terrains once we get to add some objects, so those people who like to have purely air combat with 100FPS+ performance, can still do so. But will have to see how easy it is to configure in terrain builder side and does it increase download size too much etc.

Please don't misunderstand; I will never create poor performing terrain, however when we add objects, for example large forests and especially cities, the fps wont stay that high. PMC Real World Data terrains will always, regardless of object count, be high performance.

• Like 6

Thank you Snake Man.

So far i only tested the Test Map with objects and its great. Its a shame people like me, noobs without scripts skills, can't maximize the full potential of the rockets and radars true distances.

Now imagine these maps together with this mod  Advanced Train Simulator (ATS)  :don11:  Placing railwais over the maps and flying while watching the trains moving around.

Maybe targeting trains transporting troops or military material..

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 0:10 PM, Snake Man said:

I will never create poor performing terrain, however when we add objects, for example large forests and especially cities, the fps wont stay that high. PMC Real World Data terrains will always, regardless of object count, be high performance.

That's exactly the point.

Thank you for your effort.

Regardless of the cities and forests, which I don't think we need all that much, I believe that flat and properly lit airports are necessary even on empty "vanilla" maps.

Can't wait to try these when my PC finally arrives at my new home, they look great.

I guess one could achieve something like the best of both worlds by detailing airfields at suitable locations and then choosing a central location and building out in high-detail from there. The center could then host infantry and eventually land-vehicle sized missions while providing air units a realistic area of operation in support of those actions.

Four new PMC real world data terrains has been released!

PMC Vietnam, Saigon v0.1
PMC Libya, Ajdabiya v0.1
PMC Libya, Bani Walid (81km x 81km) v0.1
PMC Libya, Bin Jawad v0.1

First post updated.

Any chance to create similar maps for the Aegean sea? Greek-Turkish border areas? It would be great since Arma is initially located in this particular area.

ΒTW I really enjoy all your maps! Only negative issue is that I need to buy a new HD.

• Like 2

Any chance to create similar maps for the Aegean sea? Greek-Turkish border areas?

Can you please use ArcGIS and choose areas. ArcGIS doesn't have any rectangle selection options, but you could tell me size of terrain and approximate center position.

If you want to get fancy you could screenshot the map view and draw rectangle around the terrain areas you would like to see. Note that I like 40km, 81km and 143km terrain sizes, others can be done too but nothing below 40km as that is not in the scope of this project.

I really enjoy all your maps! Only negative issue is that I need to buy a new HD.

My development is almost halted now until I get new hard disk hopefully next week :)

HTTP Mirror added:

Thank you, very much appreciated, link added to our download page.

• Like 1

Four new PMC real world data terrains have been released!

PMC Libya, Misrata v0.1
PMC Libya, Msallata v0.1
PMC Libya, Nafusa v0.1
PMC Libya, Ras Ajdir v0.1

First post updated.

I have also added few more terrains to the planned list, for details check PMC Tactical forum post.

If there are any post WW2 conflict areas around the globe missing from this list, please help us out by filling them in.

Use ArcGIS, select basemap -> streets, then browse to the terrain area you want to see in arma3. Next just click share button in the top menu and copy paste the "Link to this map" here.

Basemap streets is english and very simple to show areas, you could use more detailed openstreetmap but that is native language to the area you've chosen so it might be unreadable to most people.

• Like 4

PMC Libya Sabha real world data terrain has been released!

PMC Libya, Sabha v0.1

First post updated.

Now my hard disk is full but new one has been ordered and should arrive in few days, until that real world data terrain project is on HOLD.

• Like 1

Received new Western Digital 4tb Blue hard disk friday and now I'm back in full speed creating terrains. It feels so relaxed not to have to worry about hdd space anymore.

• Like 7

Four new PMC real world data terrains have been released!

PMC Vietnam, Vinh v0.1
PMC Libya, Sirte v0.1
PMC Libya, Tripoli v0.1
PMC Libya, Wazzin (81km x 81km, 81920 resolution satellite) v0.1

First post updated.

BTW I have now posted four times in a row here, so if there is no other posts before next release(s), I will only edit this post instead of creating a new one.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Snake Man said:

BTW I have now posted four times in a row here, so if there is no other posts before next release(s), I will only edit this post instead of creating a new one.

:tounge2:

HTTP-Mirror is loading the Files, site already updated - Download should be available by Monday 8am (CET+2)

• Like 1

Two new PMC real world data terrains has been released!

PMC Afghanistan, Asadabad (81km x 81km, 81920 resolution satellite) v0.1
PMC Libya, Benghazi v0.1

Note: Benghazi has massive 143,360 x 143,360 resolution satellite texture/mask!

First post updated.

• Like 5

143,360 x 143,360 resolution satellite texture/mask!

D:

How has your computer not exploded and killed you in the process?

Do you plan to add any terrain which is a complete island? I mean, a real island completely surrounded by water??

Three new PMC real world data terrains has been released!

All three 81km x 81km terrain size with 40960 x 40960 resolution satellite texture/mask.

PMC Ukraine, Donetsk v0.1
PMC Ukraine, Luhansk v0.1
PMC Ukraine, Mariupol v0.1

First post updated.

Goodness that is impressive!  Fantastic work and props to your computer for being such a good sport heheh.  If you don't mind me asking, I saw in the forum post that you view these as not being worthy of "normal release" because of the lack of objects, is it because you don't think it is worthy by mod standards or its not worthy by your standards?  Cause there is no such thing as something not being worthy when it comes to modding.

• Like 1