Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Lets say you have an M16 as primary weapon in your hands and M9 as a secondary but holstered. You enter vehicle while M16 is your hands but you want to come out fast and rather use M9, right now in ArmA 2 you have to get out, switch weapon and then you can use M9 but it would be awesome if you could switch your weapon withc you are using (between primary and secondary) in vehicle :) I hope you all get what i mean

You can do this in ArmA2 with the M249. It has not much recoil ingame and you can compensate it a bit by moving your mouse downwards.

I like the recoil as it is in ArmA2.

I have the impression it changed in arrowhead.

Don't know why, but weapons seems to kick back more in arrowhead then the normal version.

And needless to say, the weapons that don't kickback much are often like trowing nails at people.

(removed by author)

Edited by D3lta

Hey, anyone else think someone should point out in the title of this thread this is the wishlist discussion thread and not the wishlist itself. It would spare everybody some time.

I'm reading that you think to put rats into the game.

Now to make rats in some way fit into the game you have to do a ..pardon...shit load of work and it adds quite few to the game if not fitted in right.

So in my honest opinion I would cut that idea out.

Where do you have the rats from? :D

It was said there are going to be snakes but no rats

Reduce the requirement for 3rd party software. ArmA is very confusing to newcomers. I think BIS should incorporate easy to use features right into the game so newcomers aren't so confused and don't have to rely on 3rd party launchers and updaters.

By doing what apart from that? Simple fixes can be mentioning this stuff in a manual, having a more helpful menu i.e. information interactions etc. I don't know... it's not really that hard. The only hard part is getting used to it and ironing out the problems. The fix would be knowing where you went wrong and then knowing how to fix it.

Wow, do they really need two threads for this issue...one for discussion and one with no discussion? Why bother having a forum if you want to keep it all to one thread?

Chief, I wasn't having a go at you - I was referring to my own post, which I ended up putting in the "no discussion" topic. Apologies. :)

A couple wearable watches, and to see the time instead of the 2d watch overlay, it would be neat if you put your gun in fire ready position and raised your arm up to read the time.

more place able wreckables in the editor, specifically helicopters that you can walk inside still, would be cool for search and rescue pilot missions.

I'd love to have actual 3D watches. They already have working gauges in vehicles, couldn't the same concept apply here as well?

Edited by Nicholas

The watch you see ingame is an actual 3D model (same with the compass, radio, etc). :) It's just that noone (I know of) has made any others (yet). Maybe FDF did, I can't remember.

The last custom watch I remember seeing was during the OFP days.

...if it's changed since then, kindly punch me in the face, someone.

The watch you see ingame is an actual 3D model (same with the compass, radio, etc). :) It's just that noone (I know of) has made any others (yet). Maybe FDF did, I can't remember.

The last custom watch I remember seeing was during the OFP days.

...if it's changed since then, kindly punch me in the face, someone.

I'm replying to this post. Maybe I should quote it to avoid confusion?

Thx at Cameron, hadnt seen this thread;).......

Hey guys what does the community think about following?!

I have a suggestion on how to solve the problem, that gras is not rendered in distance.

The method of letting the soldier slide into the ground aims in a good direction I think - but it can be enhanced!

First - in Arma 2 it often appeared that u were completely invisible in high gras AT LOW TO MEDIUM RANGE while you were completely visible in distance (except for your body beeing drawn a bit under the map)

Now that this is a good idea - it was the same effect on every almost every ground!

I suggest you make this effect dependable of the kind of gras the soldier lays in! So the game notices that the soldier lies in extrem high gras! Therefore the body is drawn extremely down under the map. At some point this high, that you cannot even see him anymore because the gras hides him so well.

(maybe combined with the soldier beeing rendered a bit transparent - the higher the gras - so you can still spot him but it becomes way more harder)

Now laying down in cut gras will also lead into your body beeing drawn a bit under the map, but it will clearly be more visible.

This would be a recource friendly way of simulate different gras hights.

Also I would admit, that you keep some of the higher gras layers turned on on far distances. A sprite shouldnt be to much for a modern pc to be rendered at distance!

I hope you take a look at my suggestions!

Best greetz

Nordkindchen

I hope that the ambient civilian module will be improved to behave/react/interact with the world in a much more believable manner than what they do in A2, even if it could be done ala GTA styles..

also I hope that Opfor units and weapons get the same amount of love as Blufor factions, just for the sake of future gameplay in editor and MP, I don't mean in any balancing sense but in detail and variety... For example only 3 takistani spec ops on all the same model, Russian specops all the same model, muzzle flash on AK's still ugly round gif and not particle effect as all Blufor weapons (might be wrong on that one now)

^^ that was strangely sad, is he some sort of comedian or something? was it meant to be humour?

I'm going to admit it: that video got a couple of laughs out of me. No point in acting all holier than thou just because it's a MW ad.

But when the guy said "you gonna pay $15 four times a year for the DLC, or go elite for $50?" - that was the really sad part. :D

BIS don't do this ever:

[//YOUTUBE]TWXSQib7rws[/YOUTUBE]

I don't want to live on this planet anymore. :(

Good thing they're aware of their target audience - a bunch of 18-ish adolescents insecure with their kickass-ness... ness.

I lol'd

How do you make your mom disappointed? ELITE!

How do you make your dad confused? ELITE!

They realize their audience is full of fail.

Make it so the more you use a certain weapon the better you get at handling (reload times, aim responsiveness, accuracy whilst moving etc) that weapon and others like it.

Talking about small arms here and other hand/shoulder operated weapons.

I'm so excited for ARMA 3 I want to throw my TV into the wall. Guys people are basically depending on you here. We want something epic.

Like, if you throw two grenades into the same room, we want there to be a chance the blast of the first will blow the second back into us and kill us kinda thing.

Like, if you throw two grenades into the same room, we want there to be a chance the blast of the first will blow the second back into us and kill us kinda thing.

:computer: