Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

I'm so excited for ARMA 3 I want to throw my TV into the wall.

What do you do when you get really excited! burn your house down?

Make it so the more you use a certain weapon the better you get at handling (reload times, aim responsiveness, accuracy whilst moving etc) that weapon and others like it.

Talking about small arms here and other hand/shoulder operated weapons.

I'm against this. It would affect gameplay too much, giving more "experienced" players unfair advantage.

I'm against this. It would affect gameplay too much, giving more "experienced" players unfair advantage.

that and the buffed effects would make weapon handling loose its integrity. Its better not have this kind of buffing system, weapons should be a challenge to use in this game: a virtual "reality" check that 80% accuracy or hit stats dont exist, and mean nothing.

Also it would be REALLY cool if you could script in fully customizable loadouts.

Not just the ability to change bombs/missiles etc, but to outfit each hardpoint with rocket pods, gun pods, drop tanks etc... Currently in Arma 2 hydras/S-8 rockets are fixed and not changeable.

It might actually be like that. :)

Different kinds of Hydras were already confirmed, so it is likely you can customise them via some sort of loadout menu.

maybe something like the ACE EASA module would be nice for changing aircraft loadouts, but allow you to change any weapon on the aircraft (including rocket pods)

Make SKY look like this more real

Volumetric clouds are already in the game.

Volumetric clouds are already in the game.

I wish the ground from above would look that detailed. And ruben said the SKY, not just the clouds. Really, it's just wanting more immersion, look and feel stuff. Because the functionality, all the vehicles/aircraft/weapons/tech is already in the game. Some need improvement, but ArmA needs more immersion. So looking more realistic (yeah, BF3 is a little cartoony... artistically stylized) and sounding more realistic. Better voice samples. Maybe recording phrases as opposed to just sticking words together. Maybe better effects (even if it makes use of overlays). Of course new, better animations.

What I'd like is volumetric clouds to the point where we can do halo jumps more awesome than this:

Mck_hRywaWQ

Edited by antoineflemming

I wish the ground from above would look that detailed. And ruben said the SKY, not just the clouds. Really, it's just wanting more immersion, look and feel stuff. Because the functionality, all the vehicles/aircraft/weapons/tech is already in the game. Some need improvement, but ArmA needs more immersion. So looking more realistic (yeah, BF3 is a little cartoony... artistically stylized) and sounding more realistic. Better voice samples. Maybe recording phrases as opposed to just sticking words together. Maybe better effects (even if it makes use of overlays). Of course new, better animations.

What I'd like is volumetric clouds to the point where we can do halo jumps more awesome than this

Yes, the ground textures could use a lot more detail than the crappy ground textures in ArmA 2. And the voice acting was terrible aswell in ArmA 2. However, I do not see anything spectacular in the sky, just looks like an ordinary skydome in the missions were there is no flying.

I think the inverse kinematics are going to make the game look a lot more believable. Like proper stair walking, hands on the steering wheels, climbing/vaulting animations (I hope they fix this aswell), etc. That would give both driving and flying a much more sensational feel to it.

Edited by SgtH3nry3

that good i was mean the volumetric clouds like antoineflemmig say,very impressive game like this clouds

that good i was mean the volumetric clouds like antoineflemmig say,very impressive game like this clouds
Yeah, but it's only in the flying Battlefield 3 missions, not in the video that antioneflemming showed us. We haven't seen any footage of flying through the volumetric clouds in ArmA 3, which as far as I know are there in every mission.

Hopefully they also cast shadows, and diffuse radiosity transfer when there is lightning (lighting up the cloud) and dare I say: godrays (only when the clouds are formed in a way that godrays would appear in reallife)

Edited by SgtH3nry3

i wish israel,Usa,Iran,Hammas to be on arma 3 it would be great !!!

We haven't seen any footage of flying through the volumetric clouds in ArmA 3, which as far as I know are there in every mission.

I wouldn't be so sure about

.:p

Yeah, but it's only in the flying Battlefield 3 missions, not in the video that antioneflemming showed us. We haven't seen any footage of flying through the volumetric clouds in ArmA 3, which as far as I know are there in every mission.

Hopefully they also cast shadows, and diffuse radiosity transfer when there is lightning (lighting up the cloud) and dare I say: godrays (only when the clouds are formed in a way that godrays would appear in reallife)

But we have seen footage of the volumetric clouds, here:

Sd--YYBNFx0

But we have seen footage of the volumetric clouds, here:

You can test your volumetric clouds in Tkoh. I am pretty sure those in A3 will resemble quite a lot to them:

i actually quite like the VC in TKOH, and their behaviour related to lighting and weather conditions

jaxJBTBp6Vg

cWzvcBHj_2c

Gf4kbuOhwgM

Edited by PuFu

I wouldn't be so sure about
.:p
Oh wow, guess I didn't look good enough.

Anyway, I think these looks at least as good as those in BF3. For the rest, the skybox is even better with correct star positions. It's just a shame that in ArmA 2 the stars are huge, but I reckon it will look different in ArmA 3 as it has been discussed too much.

Talking about volumetric clouds, what's really missing is "volumetric" fog. Sure, it already is (volumetric). But you can't limit fog in regard to altitude (above sea or ground level for example). Fog is just a circle around you, blending out stuff.

What we should have is "volumetric" fog, s.t. it would be possible to mount above the sea of fog.

I wanna see stuff like:

:yay:

I guess this need to be implemented by BIS or we won't have it, since I really doubt you'll be able to pull this off with the current particle system.

To make this really beautiful, one would have to trick like with the sky (and it's sky-textures which are mixed) or something... I guess.

And yes, IMHO improving the weather should be one of the higher priorities, since weather is SUPER EFFECTIVE - in every regard; be it for immersion, for tactical reasoning or simply for it's colors and beauty in general. :)

Greetings to everything, forgive me for bad English!!! =)

I want to offer in ARMA 3, to make duplicating management of arms of fighting vehicles (modern tanks and infantry fighting vehicles) from a place of the commander.

lol is very impressive clouds good jod,I cant way for arma 3,the best war simulator game ever..........

Improved vehicle armour, ballistics and damage systems.

How? :p

Talking about volumetric clouds, what's really missing is "volumetric" fog. Sure, it already is (volumetric). But you can't limit fog in regard to altitude (above sea or ground level for example). Fog is just a circle around you, blending out stuff.

^^^This. I couldn't agree more. Fog is pretty bad atm, I would hardly even call it fog, it seems to work the same way as view distance fog. So basically turning fog up is the same as turning view distance down. Using NIM's dynamic weather you can create more realistic fog that sort of hangs around and the player can move through it. But couldn't they just use the same tech for the VC to create fog?

I just realized one thing, why does Arma render object/terrain shadows in real time? Isn't that a waste of resources? In Skyrim shadows move a bit every 5 seconds which looks ridiculous, but in Arma there is no accelerated time, I don't think anybody would notice if the shadows were done every 1 minute.