Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

What do you think about Turkish Armed Forces?

Merry Chrissmass I for one would like the Elfish Republic of Santaland armee added. I would ho ho hope that a majority of elves and Ms Claus would jollily agree with me.

I'd love it if BIS implements FXAA alongside the other "traditional" AA. FXAA would make the game look really good in my opinion.

- Be able to shoot while going up ladders.

Not at all, we are of course set in 2030 or thereabouts, didn't you hear the mayan prediction of the mermaid uprising? Hippopotamuses are just ridiculous, however.

You think:

since when are mermaids animals?

I don't know, but they're definitely

:yay:

I know this is my first post and it might be frowned upon to jump straight into the "suggestions thread". But I went through all 26 pages of this and there's something I need to say that I think has only been mentioned in passing in the first 5 pages and not touched upon later.

Essentially, there needs to be an intermediate speed between walking and running, that needs to be default during CQC. I'm not sure if you should be able to fire steadily while moving this way, but keeping your weapon fairly stable would add a lot to reaction time, the lack of which is what I think is making the game feel so clunky. As it is now, you're either running with no hope to engage in a timely fashion (which is fine) or moving at a snail's pace with a sort of steady aim. Whereas what we need for proper CQC is an intermediate pace. Or at least a slower run, sort of like a jog, to use in place of full on running but with very fast ready time since your upper body is still in the ready position except the weapon is lowered.

In addition to this, weapon sway while side strafing is waaay too big and this makes adjusting your position in cover an annoying and clunky process of trial and failure as opposed to something smooth and straightforward.

I'm fairly sure none of the above have been added yet as you can see in CG presentations, specifically at 0:46, how the player has to run clumsily back and forth to check the corner. The player clearly can't strafe smoothly into position and consequently, the reaction time suffers dramatically.

I know this is my first post and it might be frowned upon to jump straight into the "suggestions thread". But I went through all 26 pages of this and there's something I need to say that I think has only been mentioned in passing in the first 5 pages and not touched upon later.

Essentially, there needs to be an intermediate speed between walking and running, that needs to be default during CQC. I'm not sure if you should be able to fire steadily while moving this way, but keeping your weapon fairly stable would add a lot to reaction time, the lack of which is what I think is making the game feel so clunky. As it is now, you're either running with no hope to engage in a timely fashion (which is fine) or moving at a snail's pace with a sort of steady aim. Whereas what we need for proper CQC is an intermediate pace. Or at least a slower run, sort of like a jog, to use in place of full on running but with very fast ready time since your upper body is still in the ready position except the weapon is lowered.

In addition to this, weapon sway while side strafing is waaay too big and this makes adjusting your position in cover an annoying and clunky process of trial and failure as opposed to something smooth and straightforward.

I'm fairly sure none of the above have been added yet as you can see in CG presentations, specifically at 0:46, how the player has to run clumsily back and forth to check the corner. The player clearly can't strafe smoothly into position and consequently, the reaction time suffers dramatically.

Hello there. Try the Wishlist|NO DISCUSSION thread instead, this thread's for discussing the wishes made there. Have a nice day.

Flash Thunder brought up the idea of AI fatigue settings today and the possibility that someone may fall asleep while on guard duty. I think this is a great "out of the box" idea. It makes sense especially when conducting an early morning raid. The odds that the enemy's perception will be 100% @ 3am are little to none.

Flash Thunder brought up the idea of AI fatigue settings today and the possibility that someone may fall asleep while on guard duty. I think this is a great "out of the box" idea.

I think that is going to be interpreted as 'The AI is bugged at times' unless it is done with an almost comical theatricalness to show that they are in fact dozing off.

I think that is going to be interpreted as 'The AI is bugged at times' unless it is done with an almost comical theatricalness to show that they are in fact dozing off.

Comical eh?

IKbvHN2AZmY

Edited by froggyluv

I was thinking how it be great if we could have modular vehicles

Well let me tell you this is already a confirmed feature. :)

You can choose between different camos, turrets and secondary weapons.

See those three versions of the Patria:

No.1

No.2

No.3

Without becoming comical, couldn't this just be achieved with eyes closed (prolonged blink) and head nod or bob? As it is, the ability to look up or down is already there, so why not had a guard sit down and look toward the ground? I'm also not suggesting like a 10-30% chance of being tired, but maybe a 0-3% chance.

You can choose between different camos, turrets and secondary weapons.

See those three versions of the Patria:

No.1

No.2

No.3

What makes you think that this is one modular vehicle, instead of just 3 different models as in the previous games?

What makes you think that this is one modular vehicle, instead of just 3 different models as in the previous games?

BIS said something about vehicle modularity, but I can't remember where.

Anyway:

ArmA3 website:

Many military vehicles sport additional armament, reconnaisance means and other advantages, e.g. floating or increased fordability.
Edited by Maio
The horror...

Hmmm well I hope its true and can be done ingame. BIS have a way of making 10 models identical then slapping modular on the idea, if you can spawn lets say a weapon platform for a vehicle seperate ingame and attach it to a base vehicle platform without any sort of weird model switch trick, (i.e it is the vehicle + weapon system and not a new model representing them) then that will be awesome.. I will wait till there is more information on it.

I also would like to be able to ad armour and adjust vehicle specifications to reflect this (lets say engine upgrades for example). In combat situations or war-zones armour is often fixed to vehicles as a after thought, such as what soldiers are doing to vehicles in Iraq atm..

If spec ops are deployed for long time, they sometimes burry a container to hide/store their gear.

I've seen this from the belgian army, where they just take a standard blue container and hide it in the ground.

clean-blue-container-drum-cap-clip-1101-05-cannyk@1.jpg

I think it could be a more realistic approach to ammo-boxes in certain cases.

And you could store gear in them hidden on the island, for events to come.

Would this be practical/usefull?

+ they are light enough to be slingloaded or carried inside little spec ops heli's too

Well you do know thats ingame already right? I mean what are you asking for? a SETPOS script on a barrel?

Audio cues and idle animations could easily tell the player that the AI is asleep, there head would be hunched over forward or backward, they would be drifty and hopefully snoring. :D When caught their leader will give them an ass chewing giving you an opportunity to steal one of their cool jeeps :D

Being the Derp that I am... I actually thought when I first played Arma 2 and messed around in the editor that one of the placement settings was perception for the AI, I turned it down to 30% on some guys and when I went ingame the AI weren't there. Turns out it was the probability of the AI showing up not their perception. I lost all confidence in my intelligence after that. :o

Does anyone have an opinion on recoil?

In arma the machine guns can't be shot rapidly while standing, but look at this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=M2QaE1p3k08#t=389s

You can do this in ArmA2 with the M249. It has not much recoil ingame and you can compensate it a bit by moving your mouse downwards.

I like the recoil as it is in ArmA2.