Jump to content
Gunter Severloh

You've played to much Arma when:

Recommended Posts

Your style and efficacy of moderating is still sorely missed, still today.

People just listened.🏆

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

Your style and efficacy of moderating is still sorely missed, still today.

People just listened.🏆

 

 

 

That's very kind of you to say. But to be completely honest I think that I waaay overdid the manner in which I moderated and should have had a much more understanding/empathetic tone, it's something I regret and one of the reasons I then stepped back from the frontline to the "rear echelon mf" 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Placebo said:

 

That's very kind of you to say. But to be completely honest I think that I waaay overdid the manner in which I moderated and should have had a much more understanding/empathetic tone, it's something I regret and one of the reasons I then stepped back from the frontline to the "rear echelon mf" 😉

Personally, I think the level you struck on the understanding/empathic <----> unfeeling/blindrulefollowing was absolutely spot on. Another moderator, who shall remain nameless, remarked to me and others that yours were sizeable shoes to step into.

Of course, users have changed too. They have become more demanding and perhaps less patient and that requires a different style that, it should be said, the current team are doing a fine job at fullfilling.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tankbuster said:

Personally, I think the level you struck on the understanding/empathic <----> unfeeling/blindrulefollowing was absolutely spot on. Another moderator, who shall remain nameless, remarked to me and others that yours were sizeable shoes to step into.

Of course, users have changed too. They have become more demanding and perhaps less patient and that requires a different style that, it should be said, the current team are doing a fine job at fullfilling.

 

I was lucky I stopped being community manager before the explosion of social media, I certainly don't envy anyone who has to professionally wade through the depths of toxicity whilst staying calm and encouraging to the community as a whole!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Placebo said:

 

I was lucky I stopped being community manager before the explosion of social media, I certainly don't envy anyone who has to professionally wade through the depths of toxicity whilst staying calm and encouraging to the community as a whole!

I'm sure you're right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 We also have a good number of us vets that are regulars here to keep things in check too, moderators step in when things get out of hand

to enforce the rules, or even say something themselves to add to a conversation to keep things ... logical and relevant to the discussion,

they do know how to put their foot down.

   On that note as much as this is a good discussion reminiscing of old times and peoples, lets try to keep the thread here on the

subject before Roadki11 or FallujahMedic comes in and does an Ahem to us 😄

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

On that note as much as this is a good discussion reminiscing of old times and peoples, lets try to keep the thread here on the

subject before Roadki11 or FallujahMedic comes in and does an Ahem to us 😄

 

You know you've played too much Arma when...you can accurately predict the moderator's actions before they've taken them 😄

On a side note, I'm glad you used the term "vets" rather than "old-timers" 😄

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much of its nice to reminisce, can we please try to stay on topic.

 

I also had to remove two recent posts in this thread, as they broke our forum rules on flame-baiting and one talking about the forum moderation. If anyone has complaints about forum moderation please do it via the correct channels and take it to our Community Manger @Nillers

 

Thanks

(p.s Placebo was the one who asked me to be a moderator 7/8 years ago)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know you've played to much Arma when BI comes out with another update which breaks your mod in someway

and you feel like quitting but the veteran in you and the love for the game keeps you giving your best for the community!

A funny video thats been on steam for a bit, but this sums up my post 😄

 

 

When your cat after all these years of being around while you play arma

gets the arma vibe 😄

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×