Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Out of curiosity have you seen any animals in Tanoa (besides birds and butterflies)?

I mean in Altis & Stratis we have snakes and rabbits.

If not, speculation: What animal would you think BI will add in the map?

ujpCLCR.jpg

:unsure:

In the dev video they said there are more weapons they haven't announced not to spoil any surprise for the co-op campaign.

If you looked at my post i said "vehicles" in reply to someone.

BTW, do you think we'll have some artworks with Apex, like the ones (steam cards) we had for ArmA 3?

Unfortunately, last we checked, Steam's Trading Card system doesn't let us publish new sets (for DLC for example). It would be cool indeed!

• Like 2

I so much hope(d) for more sp content. 6 hours campaign sounds ok, but also feels like a bit of a bummer to me... I am not much an online player and honestly, most sp missions on the workshop are pretty bad.

Right now it feels like I am carving for more sp content since day 1 of A3 release and if - after months of waiting - we are blessed with more, we are done with it in like 1 hour or less than a day.... meh.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, last we checked, Steam's Trading Card system doesn't let us publish new sets (for DLC for example). It would be cool indeed!

DnA

Well, in that case, will you publish artworks on arma.com anyway?

BTW, you announced the endgame showcase.

However, will there be more SP showcase than this one or not?

Thanks

• Like 1

RHS m4's and AK's vs BIS...?

Not even, BIS would win the war over sound quality, visual fidelity and textures any day

-EDIT: I can't believe no one is excited for the campaign...

• Like 2

My goodness what did they do to that abomination of a QBZ-95. They should've just stuck to the QBZ-95-1's design and stuck a rail on top, not turn it into a flat top like the terrible export version!

If you're thinking of the Canadian flattop upper (FTU) that may well be where the game asset designers got the idea from to begin with, considering that the PLA sticks to iron sights or the proprietary mount/optic in all public footage/photos... Emei Firearms offers this alternative but I've never heard of its adoption in China, and even there the times I've seen the QBZ in use with a Picatinny rail it's always been via rail adapter and wielded by law enforcement.

(As a point of trivia I hear that the specific T97NSR FTU is verboten for the PLA because the only mods allowed are reversible ones, while the T97NSR upper involves cutting and/or grinding off the factory iron sights.)

Actually my #1 thing I'm waiting ;) Finally a nice official campaign with couple of friends should be possible.

• Like 2

Actually my #1 thing I'm waiting ;) Finally a nice official campaign with couple of friends should be possible.

Ooooh jimmy. It's gonna be a good one I guarantee.

If you're thinking of the Canadian flattop upper (FTU) that may well be where the game asset designers got the idea from to begin with, considering that the PLA sticks to iron sights or the proprietary mount/optic in all public footage/photos... Emei Firearms offers this alternative but I've never heard of its adoption in China, and even there the times I've seen the QBZ in use with a Picatinny rail it's always been via rail adapter and wielded by law enforcement.

(As a point of trivia I hear that the specific T97NSR FTU is verboten for the PLA because the only mods allowed are reversible ones, while the T97NSR upper involves cutting and/or grinding off the factory iron sights.)

actually... the model is based upon the upgrade for the QBZ-95

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/upgraded-qbz-95.61077/

BTW, you announced the endgame showcase.

However, will there be more SP showcase than this one or not?

The Playable Content that's listed on the Apex website is what will be part of the release, so no further SP showcases on release this time around. For Apex it was decided to focus on the co-op campaign, which can be an even more challenging undertaking than a regular SP campaign. But let's not forget one important thing here: "Apex Protocol" is 1-4 players, you can play it alone, dare I say ... singleplayer! :)

• Like 4

Is there going to be a revive like in end game or is it going to be "sudden death" for players?

Is there going to be a revive like in end game or is it going to be "sudden death" for players?

I think the best way forward would be to include the revive, imo.

Not even, BIS would win the war over sound quality, visual fidelity and textures any day

huuuuh? I'd give them animations... but models, textures and sounds....? That's crazy.

Why does everyone use JSRS, dynasound.....

Will be interesting to see.

• Like 1

there wiil be an  Altian version of the veichles?

Y-32_Xian.jpg

• Like 1

huuuuh? I'd give them animations... but models, textures and sounds....? That's crazy.

Why does everyone use JSRS, dynasound.....

Will be interesting to see.

Tbh i don't use any of those sound mods, while i have tried them i still prefer the vanilla sounds. When cranked up to ultra the weapon models look superb and the textures look awesome in my opinion.

Now that we have a proper jungle warfare, how different ammo reacts to vegetation penetration?

My main concern is how the AI will react to jungle envivorment, they can spot you through the vegetation ATM just like you're in an open field and this needs to be addressed expecially in jungle based envivorment, it can be boring if you can't spot the enemy, but the enemy can spot you even if you're hidden behind plants and stuff

• Like 3

Can we have those trains moving, with carts that can be towed and can carry stuff.

Oh, and don't forget the FFV on them so we can have a fully on rails shooter!

• Like 1