Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Highly doubt it, we got no VTOLs in the greek army

the skin in the picture  is altian

There's always the nay sayers who only see it as laziness, doesn't matter if the assets fit perfectly for the setting in question and using them saves a shit-ton of time/money/manpower, the nay sayers somehow see it in a way that BI should and is obliged to use that saved time/money/whatever to create new stuff from scratch.

But lets be honest sure people wanted new weapons. But what real gameplay value are you going to get from a SMG or a Makarov? Why isnt there a swanky new fully auto Glock for some Spec ops guys?

People paid what they-BIS-wanted they entitled to voice their opinions. I think its bad to do a re-skin of CSAT and not have a new uniform which if you look CSAT is now Asian from a different country with different production firms. Its plausible they share the same indoctrination but not the same uniforms under CSAT. A new Vest would have also broken the copy and pasted feeling.

Why no new armed boat(s)? Is islands surrounded by a lot of water.

Or civies. Again a ghosttown... I mean island. But if you listen to what Jay Crowe said; Apex is about the fictionalization of all their efforts and Tanoa is the crown jewel. I think they could have been more ambitious. They aimed to make the best island ever. I was hoping for the best content with a new setting/ island ever. There could have also been a CSAT campaign. We all remember Red Hammer. For the part its good but it could be great.

• Like 1

Man I wish it was, rectangles>hexagons any day :P

I'm sure AAF reskins of the VTOLs and... I wanna call LSVs jeeps since in a military sense that's what they are: successors to the M151, LR, and G-Wagen

As far as content goes, I'm just happy to be getting a jungle with a reasonable frame rate. That's likely why we have reduced interiors, if they did another low-vegetation terrain we'd probably see more interior, sure, but Honestly I wasn't expecting too much from a really dense jungle. Besides, there's enough enterable buildings to be perfectly playable, almost all of the shanties have at least one room, and I suspect we'll be playing in the shanty towns quite a bit

Why isnt there a swanky new fully auto Glock for some Spec ops guys?

Like every army in the world uses Fully automatic glocks do they? :D

that shit can be seen only in cool ass movies

• Like 2

They use green-esque digi camo not hex. Hex has always been CSAT. I hope content for Apex can work on Altis.

Like every army in the world uses Fully automatic glocks do they? :D

that shit can be seen only in cool ass movies

I just meant they could introduce something we could use that isn't seen in vanilla that is. Why isn't there long range Thermal precision scopes or a NV compatible version other then the NVS which maxes at 300. And Yes Robert I use your Pistol pack still. There is a lot of gaps needed to be filled. And it drives me nuts my modeling skills are sh!t I am so eager to create some new gear.

I know that those optics exist and those long range TI or NV are quite expensive and battery hungry as hell

reason that they are not in the Apex might be the balancing issue in MP? or i dunno

But there is one thing that i would like to see , at least ONE day in arma - that you could take 2 weapons with you , for example Sniper rifle with SMG and so on 

second rifle could easily work in AT slot like it was scripted in ACE 2 

also BTW Apex got anti Thermal suits too

• Like 1

You know what would be 100x times worse? if they just ported A2 AKM , MP5 and Makarov :P

Not least because some of that is from about a decade ago in the first ArmA...
  • Like 1

Why should they not [use DayZ assets]. The assets exist and they are working in the engine, so might as well use them in A3 without a big hassle. They used DayZ assets already before (lots of these tiny misc scenery objects like cans, etc) and I wouldn't mind them using even more.

A large number of objects added to the game in recent months were also made by Black Element, including (I think) virtually all of the small objects added in Heli DLC, the diggers and wooden boats in Apex, a new vest seen in the Apex dev diary, etc, etc. I'll take them where I can get them. I would have liked to see some clothing and gear brought over from DayZ, rather than just reskinning a bunch of stuff from A3. That might have created consistency issues though - sorry to say it, but the quality of the DayZ character stuff is phenomenal compared to many A3 assets, whether it's for performance reasons or not.

Hey, BE makes damn good models, so I'm cool with BIS buying their stuff or outsourcing some stuff to them. Why do it yourself when these guys did it better and are offering it to you? Decreases time spent on gear and more time on stuff that "matters" (whatever you want that to be). I also really like the look and feel of the weapons in DayZ, so I have no complaints if they just port them. A minimi is a minimi, an AK is an AK, a Makarov is an underpowered piece of crap Makarov. Besides, if they did do totally new models, people would be asking why they didn't spend more time on stuff that "mattered." This saves them development time and lets them focus more on the made-to-order stuff. I doubt we'd get that sick combination rifle or the 5.8s of they had to do the ported weapons new again. Besides, I thought we were all about variety here?

• Like 1

But lets be honest sure people wanted new weapons. But what real gameplay value are you going to get from a SMG or a Makarov? Why isnt there a swanky new fully auto Glock for some Spec ops guys?

And new weapons they shall receive, so what it's being used in some other game, this is Arma.  :huh: 

What good would a fullauto Glock bring to the table compared to the two you mentioned?

People paid what they-BIS-wanted they entitled to voice their opinions. I think its bad to do a re-skin of CSAT and not have a new uniform which if you look CSAT is now Asian from a different country with different production firms. Its plausible they share the same indoctrination but not the same uniforms under CSAT. A new Vest would have also broken the copy and pasted feeling.

Sure you can voice yourself no-one's denying that, I just don't get the accusations of BI being lazy/money hungry.

I also don't think it's automatically bad to do reskins of uniforms, there's plenty of real life examples of a single uniform used in many patterns so why not CSAT? Not to mention we haven't seen the assets yet, have we, who knows what we'll get?

Why no new armed boat(s)? Is islands surrounded by a lot of water.

Or civies. Again a ghosttown... I mean island. But if you listen to what Jay Crowe said; Apex is about the fictionalization of all their efforts and Tanoa is the crown jewel. I think they could have been more ambitious. They aimed to make the best island ever. I was hoping for the best content with a new setting/ island ever. There could have also been a CSAT campaign. We all remember Red Hammer. For the part its good but it could be great.

I only referred to the guns we get from DayZ and the fact there's people who don't like it, or course I'd like to have a full navy arsenal at my disposal including a shitload of boats 'n' stuff, but judging by my expedition on Tanoa, there's about 100sqkm of reasons we don't get tens of vehicles and guns this time.

• Like 1

Sure you can voice yourself no-one's denying that, I just don't get the accusations of BI being lazy/money hungry.

I also don't think it's automatically bad to do reskins of uniforms, there's plenty of real life examples of a single uniform used in many patterns so why not CSAT? Not to mention we haven't seen the assets yet, have we, who knows what we'll get?

I only referred to the guns we get from DayZ and the fact there's people who don't like it, or course I'd like to have a full navy arsenal at my disposal including a shitload of boats 'n' stuff, but judging by my expedition on Tanoa, there's about 100sqkm of reasons we don't get tens of vehicles and guns this time.

Arma 3 Boats may happen, Jay has said this isn't the end and I've got a sneaking suspicion they are acutely aware of the lack of stuff greater than out little PBR (actually a pretty good fit for the terrain, we'd probably somewhat be less upset if it and the RHIB were in opposite places). After OA we got BAF, ACR, and PMC, so I wouldn't put it past them to do a boat DLC in the future, something like a Cyclone or one of the old Russian missile boats

• Like 2

Armor, Naval and Air DLC (then Aliens?)  Ah someone make a Starship troopers/Aliens type game in Arma engine. 

• Like 1

No but yeah

Ho ok then.

They still have a lot of opportunities after Apex.

ION, planes, boats, armies DLC... There is still a lot to explore.

Long before there was a glimmer of Apex this thread became that and alot of us ranting about no Tanoa details. I actually put a video on You Tube and was in the process that week putting up another.  I think we all secretly wanted a few extra cherries on top or a bit of fat here and there. People are passionate

I have been in the thread since the beginning, I should know.

Well it is called...............................................     Speculations, after all... Otherwise there's not reason for the thread period because that's what the Developement Reveals and Discussion thread is for.

My problem with the use of dayz weapons is that its feels like they added them because they needed content, not because it fits in the game. Its like they only created the Syndikat for the dayz weapons.

I want game assets that fit in 2035. That means they could use dayz weapons but with some remodelling (so that it looks like future).

Also there is a lack of cars like Hvymtal mentioned and some civ cars. The city looks not realistic if there are only jeeps like on the example picture.

So i hope they will add some content for free later.

So i hope they will add some content for free later.

I hope so. Furthermore, artist will have nothing to do in the meantime between Apex release and the begging of a new project.

What i would recommend is a system where assets from modders / artists can be voted by the community and BI. If the asset fits in the game and also looks nicely then it can be added in arma3.

Also i think that they will continue to develop some more graphic updates in the furture.

• Like 1

Well reskin is not too bad, I agree. But let's look at today's NATO, example, USA, GB, France, Germany and so on they all have different type of uniforms, camos and weapons, NATO is not about one industry for one army, it's about countries working together, there should be diversity. I think that CSAT and NATO for Apex, should have had a different type of uniforms to represent different armies part of their coalitions. Now devs did said that they haven't revealed one more uniform as part of Apex. Also current reskins look bad IMO, that is based on images, I haven't really taken a closer look at them, yet.

• Like 2

Well reskin is not too bad, I agree. But let's look at today's NATO, example, USA, GB, France, Germany and so on they all have different type of uniforms, camos and weapons, NATO is not about one industry for one army, it's about countries working together, there should be diversity. I think that CSAT and NATO for Apex, should have had a different type of uniforms to represent different armies part of their coalitions. Now devs did said that they haven't revealed one more uniform as part of Apex. Also current reskins look bad IMO, that is based on images, I haven't really taken a closer look at them, yet.

In the vanilla Arma3, the only NATO countries represented were US and UK. It's actually not that far fetched that they shared same equipment.

In real world, both countries uses multi-cam based camo, and certain British special forces also adopted AR platform weapons.

• Like 1

Valid points there, it would be nice to have different uniforms for each of the parties, there's no arguing that.

I guess I'm the kind of guy who's trying to see the real reasoning behind these decisions, and knowing Bohemia doesn't exactly have the man power to do everything we (they) want, so saving that man power for something else by doing a reskin is ok in my book.

Interesting to see what we'll actually get, I can't tell much from the couple of screens I've seen so far.

Valid points there, it would be nice to have different uniforms for each of the parties, there's no arguing that.

I guess I'm the kind of guy who's trying to see the real reasoning behind these decisions, and knowing Bohemia doesn't exactly have the man power to do everything we (they) want, so saving that man power for something else by doing a reskin is ok in my book.

Interesting to see what we'll actually get, I can't tell much from the couple of screens I've seen so far.

It certainly looks like Multicam tropic to my eyes. MTP was pretty decent representation of multicam, so I'd expect it to be pretty good. As for the CTRG stealth texture, I think the strange pattern on it has t do with the IR suppression. We'll see at PC Gaming show and when they stage units (probably early next week)

I know that those optics exist and those long range TI or NV are quite expensive and battery hungry as hell

reason that they are not in the Apex might be the balancing issue in MP? or i dunno

But there is one thing that i would like to see , at least ONE day in arma - that you could take 2 weapons with you , for example Sniper rifle with SMG and so on 

second rifle could easily work in AT slot like it was scripted in ACE 2 

also BTW Apex got anti Thermal suits too

Mr Robert Hammer...I may. I may be starting to fall in love with you. You are a man after my own lil old heart. Good Lord you damn right. That dual primary weapon is something I also hoped we would see it. So much so. I tweeted to their Ace in their Deck Karel Moricky. I said look Big Pimpin. You gave us Zeus and Arsenal and with your co pilot Flip. You gave us Eden. I extend this challenge to you past the already asked for Garage in Eden. Can you give us dual primary weapons. And then....well I didn't get a reply :( If I was like a Czech dude and I was friends with one of those gunslingers I would buy him Beer and cheap German ladies of the night and bribe him with Euros out of my own salary so we could get that.

I see there is a new mod out about dual weapons. I haven't tested it but...man I wish we had that.

• Like 1