Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Thats a chinese face on that CSAT soldier. so not only are the weapons of chinese design, the soldiers are so aswel

Is anyone surprised by the all of a sudden death by Apex news reveals?

To go from no news except stuff reveled last year. To now a Dev diary showing it all off almost and extracted files which explained what we getting in Apex. Not that I am complaining now. But it was Cold to Hot in a heart beat. And what I suspect now new gear on Dev apart from Tanoa.

I still don't get why there was no news up until Monday when this all kicked off? E3? I wish a Dev could explain to me what was the purpose of virtually a vacuum of news.

• Like 1

But now I wonder what they will talk about at E3.

Excited to see what we get but seems like all the pics of units and Civvies we've seen so far look like those from before just re-skinned...... a little disappointing if so. I know "uniform" is likely to be standard but not sure I can stand more "board shorts and polo shirted Civs";-)

Waiting for more complains about how the new CSAT looks even more like a Alien xD

it has rails if you haven't noticed

Yeah I know its got the top feed cover picatinny rail but its very old school M249. I do get they aimed for old school feel but to see in 2035 a RPG 7 with wooden trimmings or those AK's again with Wood. Ghastly. Clearly no Polymer injection mouldings happened.

• Like 1

Yeah I know its got the top feed cover picatinny rail but its very old school M249. I do get they aimed for old school feel but to see in 2035 a RPG 7 with wooden trimmings or those AK's again with Wood. Ghastly. Clearly no Polymer injection mouldings happened.

It has also side rails , not just top

basicly it's a modern Minimi Para with M249 heatshield

Dev Diary - 4:23 ho wow that VTOL is heavily armed :o

It has also side rails , not just top

basicly it's a modern Minimi Para with M249 heatshield

I'll check again my eyes are tired...too much screen today at work. So what do you think of all this since you were one of the original Mod makers when Arma 3 hatched. other then green bug helmets LOL. Pew pew lazors. I think they could have opted for adding some smaller drones RC car with a C4 block on it and the US Talon. Something low profile that can "sneak" into a base or area and lay down the hate.

Summing up the dev diary in picture form:

rFKDvsR.png

SUb0p8y.png

kgnAtqv.png

5ZfQZMV.png

OrbSb3O.png

0ewLRTV.png

OVuCMAY.png

DEMCgKN.png

d0Nba0t.png

• Like 5

Summing up the dev diary in picture form:

Jesus Christ, the Khaki MX's and Re-textures are entirely too bright, at least from the looks of it.

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images as per forum rules

Has Anyone seen any info about ambient ships like the trawler ? I mean we have this massive industrial port with a giant drydock and then theres is a Tiny trawler sitting in the middle of it. Just looks odd. I mean they could throw in like a fueltanker or container ship to ar least give the impression the port is used. ?

Whats this... a two seater esc type bomber :0. It's so strange like my wish came true muhahah.

Ha those new csat nvgs tho... Thought they were bug heads before.. Complete.

Great Dev Diary, really liked what I saw!

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

LIM_85_5.56mm.jpg

Yup , those "old" weapons are the models from latest Dayz , which is great because they are so nicely detailed :)

0ewLRTV.png

The rest of content is kinda-sorta okay but this... oh God, why. BI, you have to stop raping the design of a most beautiful helicopter ever made. Just. Stop. That's enough, try making something original for once. This vehicle looks like a three year olds first attempt in drawing. Even a GTA V has more reasonable Hind redesign.

• Like 1

0ewLRTV.png

The rest of content is kinda-sorta okay but this... oh God, why. BI, you have to stop raping the design of a most beautiful helicopter ever made. Just. Stop. That's enough, try making something original for once. This vehicle looks like a three year olds first attempt in drawing. Even a GTA V has more reasonable Hind redesign.

Is it just me that likes it? Hinds a classic.

• Like 4

Yup , those "old" weapons are the models from latest Dayz , which is great

Wait, what? BI didn't even bothered to make a bunch of new weapons and simply copy-pasted them from another game or retextured default ones?

Now I'm really starting to regret my decision to buy Apex.

Is it just me that likes it? Hinds a classic.

Last time I checked Hind looked like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Mi-24_Desert_Rescue.jpg

The thing in the screenshot is - to put it mildly - a very weird reinterpretation of a classic design. But then again, tastes differ I guess.

Wait, what? BI didn't even bothered to make a bunch of new weapons and simply copy-pasted them from another game or retextured default ones?

Whats the point of making new models for everything? When they got a beutiful model they could use, why not use it? It gives them time to work on other things that could be needed more.

• Like 3

That's not a bad thing , when you they got a really nice models that are used only in Dayz game 

personally i would like to have all the weapons from Dayz in ArmA 3 imho :D

• Like 2

Whats the point of making new models for everything? When they got a beutiful model they could use, why not use it? It gives them time to work on other things that could be needed more.

...or it gives them ability to significantly reduce the cost of development therefore increasing profits. And since apparently the majority of weapons is either reskin or port I'm not really sure that BI went the way you're describing.

That's not a bad thing , when you they got a really nice models that are used only in Dayz game

The weapons themselves are not a bad thing, I agree. The problem is that we had to pay a full price for something that is basically a reused content from the game some of us already paid for.

personally i would like to have all the weapons from Dayz in ArmA 3 imho :D

+1

...or it gives them ability to significantly reduce the cost of development therefore increasing profits. And since apparently the majority of weapons is either reskin or port I'm not really sure that BI went the way you're describing.

It also makes the games cheaper to the clients. Heck, just Tanoa is already worth the price of APEX.

• Like 4

Don't worry you won't see any difference in quality, they would have probably gotten their own modelers to take a look see and make some changes to it. I agree with RobertHammer here as well, who cares if it is from another game? As long as it is the same quality I couldn't care less, as Robert said it would have given the devs more time to work on other things.