Hi For LJ!

In version 1.2 I've experienced a not big problem, but when I put the patch 1.3. the problem became even more pronounced.
I hope you will fix this in 1.4 completely. 

Description of problem: when starting the any mission in the editor and try to make the first shots (in the every time of  every mission) I experience a slowdown game for a few seconds. In this moment the player character shoots, but there is no sound and the game slows down. 
After this point I don't see this problem anymore. But if you run the mission again, then it may all happen again.
Thus, the problem happens only when I shoot for the first time in each new mission
For some unknown reason the first shots affect the performance and are sometimes not heard for a player.

LJ, I hope this detail will be taken into you account. Thanks for your awesome job!

the stuttering is caused by first time loading of massive sound files - it should definitely be eliminated with 1.4, which as he says should be 700mb unpacked as opposed to 5gb right now 

• Like 1

So I ask again for the community I play in. What about the rpt spam messages? Did you fix that already? Still at work and had no time to test myself. The admin told me he will only allow it, when there's no more rpt spam. Thx again for updating and the great work Dude !!!!!!!!!!!

What RPT spams do you mean exactly? Without any RPT's showed I can just fix things blindly ;)

Hi For LJ!

In version 1.2 I've experienced a not big problem, but when I put the patch 1.3. the problem became even more pronounced.
I hope you will fix this in 1.4 completely. 

Description of problem: when starting the any mission in the editor and try to make the first shots (in the every time of  every mission) I experience a slowdown game for a few seconds. In this moment the player character shoots, but there is no sound and the game slows down. 
After this point I don't see this problem anymore. But if you run the mission again, then it may all happen again.
Thus, the problem happens only when I shoot for the first time in each new mission
For some unknown reason the first shots affect the performance and are sometimes not heard for a player.

LJ, I hope this detail will be taken into you account. Thanks for your awesome job!

This should be fixed with the OGG version of JSRS in 1.4. I neither experienced it in any earlier releases tho.

I'm so in love with this mod.

Couldn't play Arma without it anymore.

Thanks for fixing these minor bugs, LJ

Seriously, this mod enhances Arma 3 sounds to a level, it quite possibly is the computer game with the best sound ever.

BTW., I've stumbled upon a youtube video that imho is a great showcase of how firefights in some distance in an urban area sound like.

It might not be good enough to take samples from it, but I guess the quality is decent enough for it to be a worthy and interesting showcase, or maybe even source for inspirations ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-BEW9dizg

(The first 3 minutes are the interesting part. After that you may turn it off as it has some graphic scenes later.)

(There are also some explosions one can use to estimate the approximate distance. Seems like the camera is about 1500-2000m away from the clashes.)

BTW. 2:

I like to play on EUTW servers and they disallowed the mod because of "rpt spamming".  (https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4147&p=37669#p37669)

I have no idea about that stuff, so can anyone tell me if there is a chance this issue is now fixed?

Thanks for the video.

To the RPT spam: This is a problem I does not seem to fix! The sounds are there. This has always been a problem with soundmods. The only way to solve it is by deleting any JSRS Reloading sounds from handheld weapons. I seriously dont know why this happens. Its a network issue that kinda miss to broadcast the sounds correctly.

Anyone has any idea? I think there was something on how to fix this but I can't remember...

LJ

What RPT spams do you mean exactly? Without any RPT's showed I can just fix things blindly ;)

This should be fixed with the OGG version of JSRS in 1.4. I neither experienced it in any earlier releases tho.

Thanks for the video.

To the RPT spam: This is a problem I does not seem to fix! The sounds are there. This has always been a problem with soundmods. The only way to solve it is by deleting any JSRS Reloading sounds from handheld weapons. I seriously dont know why this happens. Its a network issue that kinda miss to broadcast the sounds correctly.

Anyone has any idea? I think there was something on how to fix this but I can't remember...

LJ

Acutally, such RPT spam happens on my group's server too (though we don't call that a spam, lol), and it never causes any visible acutal problems. After we put JSRS to the server mod load list, those "sound not found" are gone. Seems that reloading sound, fire mode changing sound, weapon dry sound, explosives activation & deactivation sound are those giving rpt errors. So maybe, just may be, the server can load a "dummy mod" with these minimum required sound files packed together (no config files at all!), so that the spam are defintely gone.

Yours,

gpgpgpgp

Acutally, such RPT spam happens on my group's server too (though we don't call that a spam, lol), and it never causes any visible acutal problems. After we put JSRS to the server mod load list, those "sound not found" are gone. Seems that reloading sound, fire mode changing sound, weapon dry sound, explosives activation & deactivation sound are those giving rpt errors. So maybe, just may be, the server can load a "dummy mod" with these minimum required sound files packed together (no config files at all!), so that the spam are defintely gone.

Yours,

gpgpgpgp

Yeah I thought about this idea too. But actually it would require a config file for the server because otherwise how does he know to load the sounds? He has to take them in the transaction so they are virtually available to be played... in theory...

LJ

Hi LJ,

Question :  is the case drop sound we hear in the game from ammo vanilla or right from your mod ?

Hi LJ,

Question :  is the case drop sound we hear in the game from ammo vanilla or right from your mod ?

Ammo vanilla as I wasn't pleased with my owns.

LJ

Ammo vanilla as I wasn't pleased with my owns.

LJ

Thanks for your quick answer !

Don't you think the vanilla sample sounds somewhat artificial and fake when the case drop in fast order ? like "toptoptoptoptop" (not sure of my interpretation :)

It seems the drop sample is loud, especially with silencers (maybe that's the main problem).

Thanks for your quick answer !

Don't you think the vanilla sample sounds somewhat artificial and fake when the case drop in fast order ? like "toptoptoptoptop" (not sure of my interpretation :)

It seems the drop sample is loud, especially with silencers (maybe that's the main problem).

Yep I had the exact same feeling about this. I'll see if I can get my own sounds back in game. 

Btw these are the current changes I did so far:

https://twitter.com/Dennis_LJ_Kahl/status/738323613741404160?s=09

JSRS3 DragonFyre EDEN Version 1.4

- Added new OGG file format

- Tweaked mod size due to decoding

- Fixed missing sprint sounds on concrete surfaces

- Fixed .wss sound entries in cfgs

- Fixed missing sound files

- Fixed wrong numbering in environment cfg

- Fixed missing tree wind sounds

- Fixed missing houses wind sounds

- Fixed error message "helicopter landing sounds missing"

- Tweaked handheld weapon handling sounds in cfgs (Reload,Dry,Firemode...)

- Increased performance and faster transaction of sound files

- Tweaked mod loads faster

- Fixed updating base class MXC firemode

If you have anything to add or think of, let me know. Or drop a tweet with #jsrschanges if you like :p

LJ 

• Like 7

I thought you had just released it, I got all giddy like a school bitch but nope... :(

Thanks for the update LJ! Do you have a link to new server keys or are you waiting until 1.4 is released?

/KC

Thanks for the update LJ! Do you have a link to new server keys or are you waiting until 1.4 is released?

/KC

Oops forgot about that. Yeah I'll get things back online later tonight.

EDIT:

Here we go. Just the server key for admins.

LJ

• Like 1

I can ask the admin to pastebin the rpt. But I see you did new server keys, so you can't join with the old version. That's nice.. So what do you mean gpgpgpgp

Yours,

gpgpgpgp

, after putting it to the server mod load list? I'm not familiar with that but I might know what you mean.  btw. LJ, I'd like to help getting rid of these messages and I might be able to convince the admin to allow the updated version with new keys on one server.. If you want, send a PM and I add you on steam or so.. for exchanging Info.. If you got your testers.. dope ;) 

Line 957: 11:11:23 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\fs2000_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 990: 11:14:25 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\fs2000_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 1152: 11:21:40 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\fs2000_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 1246: 11:23:39 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\fs2000_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 1543: 11:32:02 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 1548: 11:32:38 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 1718: 11:37:06 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 1903: 11:44:54 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 2245: 11:51:07 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 2555: 12:01:55 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 2602: 12:04:01 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\khaybar_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 2605: 12:04:12 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 10701: 12:08:57 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 14969: 12:09:39 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 14970: 12:09:41 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mk14_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 14971: 12:09:42 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 16277: 12:10:10 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 17474: 12:10:19 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 23874: 12:11:46 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 23885: 12:11:59 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 23907: 12:12:24 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 23950: 12:12:43 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 23970: 12:12:56 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 24137: 12:15:33 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\trigger2.wss not found !!!
   Line 24199: 12:16:46 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mk14_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 24200: 12:16:46 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mk14_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 24201: 12:16:46 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mk14_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 24202: 12:16:47 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 24891: 12:20:56 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 30082: 12:28:11 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 43471: 12:35:52 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 50000: 12:40:08 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\titan_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 50004: 12:40:10 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 51521: 12:58:54 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 51561: 12:59:37 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 51591: 13:00:10 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 51736: 13:03:06 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\titan_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 51912: 13:05:14 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 52111: 13:11:32 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mk14_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 52112: 13:11:32 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mk14_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 52113: 13:11:32 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mk14_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 52114: 13:11:32 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 52280: 13:13:10 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 52291: 13:13:22 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 52368: 13:14:27 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 52411: 13:14:54 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 52719: 13:18:04 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\titan_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 52824: 13:19:30 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 52857: 13:20:11 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 52865: 13:20:20 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 52923: 13:21:03 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 52928: 13:21:09 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 54315: 13:23:03 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 54833: 13:27:44 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\deactive2.wss not found !!!
   Line 54834: 13:27:49 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\deactive2.wss not found !!!
   Line 54868: 13:28:28 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 54869: 13:28:56 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 54873: 13:29:25 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 54874: 13:29:26 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 54998: 13:33:57 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 55090: 13:35:54 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 55136: 13:38:51 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 55193: 13:40:23 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\deactive3.wss not found !!!
   Line 55242: 13:41:30 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\deactive3.wss not found !!!
   Line 55370: 13:45:29 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\emr_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 55923: 14:03:45 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 56094: 14:08:48 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\emr_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 56213: 14:14:33 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 56299: 14:17:33 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 56332: 14:20:06 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 56333: 14:20:14 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 56334: 14:20:21 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 56335: 14:20:26 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\active2.wss not found !!!
   Line 56405: 14:23:05 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 56588: 14:28:38 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\trigger2.wss not found !!!
   Line 56612: 14:29:35 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 56646: 14:31:29 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 56764: 14:38:28 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\activet.wss not found !!!
   Line 56765: 14:38:35 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\khaybar_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 56766: 14:38:39 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\activet.wss not found !!!
   Line 56767: 14:38:48 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\activet.wss not found !!!
   Line 56768: 14:38:56 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\activet.wss not found !!!
   Line 56792: 14:39:03 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_environmensounds\explosions\activet.wss not found !!!
   Line 56868: 14:41:31 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\katiba_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 56871: 14:41:38 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\katiba_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 56872: 14:42:13 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\katiba_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 56876: 14:42:25 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\katiba_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 56977: 14:44:21 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\katiba_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 56978: 14:44:35 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\khaybar_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 56979: 14:44:35 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\khaybar_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 56980: 14:44:36 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\khaybar_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 56981: 14:44:43 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mk14_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 56982: 14:44:44 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 56983: 14:44:58 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\katiba_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 57084: 14:47:47 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 57240: 14:50:38 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\titan_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 57317: 14:53:31 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\katiba_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 57318: 14:53:55 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\khaybar_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 57320: 14:54:08 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\khaybar_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 57321: 14:54:08 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\khaybar_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 57323: 14:54:09 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\khaybar_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 57328: 14:54:43 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\khaybar_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 57329: 14:54:43 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\khaybar_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 57359: 14:55:30 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\katiba_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 57369: 14:58:46 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\katiba_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 57416: 14:59:45 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\katiba_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 57417: 14:59:45 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\katiba_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 57423: 15:00:12 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\katiba_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 57479: 15:02:56 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 57533: 15:04:46 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\titan_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 57534: 15:04:46 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\titan_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 57535: 15:04:47 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\titan_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 57536: 15:04:49 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\khaybar_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 57568: 15:05:54 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mk14_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 58018: 15:16:43 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\mx_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 58065: 15:17:07 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 58188: 15:19:27 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\mx_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 58189: 15:19:37 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\mx_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 58190: 15:19:38 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\mx_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 58191: 15:19:48 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\mx_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 58387: 15:21:41 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 58414: 15:22:43 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 58438: 15:23:10 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 58439: 15:23:21 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\mx_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 58486: 15:24:06 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\mx_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 58512: 15:24:55 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mx_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 58513: 15:24:55 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mx_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 58514: 15:24:56 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 58515: 15:25:27 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 58614: 15:27:00 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 58615: 15:27:01 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\mx_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 58616: 15:27:04 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\mx_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 58674: 15:29:23 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 58871: 15:38:58 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 58994: 15:44:13 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mx_dry.wss not found !!!
   Line 58995: 15:44:14 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 59048: 15:46:15 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 59570: 16:01:42 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\emr_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 59574: 16:02:57 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\emr_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 59678: 16:09:09 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 59679: 16:09:24 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\emr_firemode.wss not found !!!
   Line 59706: 16:11:52 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\emr_reload.wss not found !!!
   Line 60099: 16:16:02 Sound: Error: File: dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\emr_reload.wss not found !!!
Edited by fruity_rudy

Sorry for my completely random and trivial insertion, but just when you asked if someone wants to add something, this aspect came to my mind (just a minor feedback for some potential later version, no urgent bug or something):

Both the jet and helicopter sounds are just so damn nice - I wish I could hear them from a bit further away, especially the jets.

To stay with jets, both the sound of flying a jet and the sound of a jet passing by at close to medium distanced are perfect imho.

But I'm missing one thing, and that is this very characteristic grumble a jet manouvering at low altitudes causes. This dull, muffled grumble you can sometimes hear from miles away and that keeps getting louder as the jet closes in.

I'd love to have that in Arma.

(Would also be useful as early warning, but of course needs to be scaled down to suit the game, I'm aware of that ^^)

• Like 1

I can ask the admin to pastebin the rpt. But I see you did new server keys, so you can't join with the old version. That's nice.. So what do you mean gpgpgpgp

Yours,

gpgpgpgp

, after putting it to the server mod load list? I'm not familiar with that but I might know what you mean.  btw. LJ, I'd like to help getting rid of these messages and I might be able to convince the admin to allow the updated version with new keys on one server.. If you want, send a PM and I add you on steam or so.. for exchanging Info.. If you got your testers.. dope ;) 

Line blablabla endless list of stuff

Thats exactly what we were talking about. There seems to be no way fixing this issue. Its basically an network problem when using soundmods.... I might come up with an idea at some point.

Sorry for my completely random and trivial insertion, but just when you asked if someone wants to add something, this aspect came to my mind (just a minor feedback for some potential later version, no urgent bug or something):

Both the jet and helicopter sounds are just so damn nice - I wish I could hear them from a bit further away, especially the jets.

To stay with jets, both the sound of flying a jet and the sound of a jet passing by at close to medium distanced are perfect imho.

But I'm missing one thing, and that is this very characteristic grumble a jet manouvering at low altitudes causes. This dull, muffled grumble you can sometimes hear from miles away and that keeps getting louder as the jet closes in.

I'd love to have that in Arma.

(Would also be useful as early warning, but of course needs to be scaled down to suit the game, I'm aware of that ^^)

Good idea. I think about something and see if I can reproduce something like this...

I uploaded a new video of a new format I started. Its called Quick Insight and will have small videos just showing some effects from the current developments of  JSRS :) Hope you like the idea.

JSRS Quick Insight #1

Any feedback would be nice ;)

LJ

Nice to see that you are back :)

Just to get updated on things, what exactly is covered by the 1.4 version? All weapons and vehicles? Or is still smth. missing?

Nice to see that you are back :)

Just to get updated on things, what exactly is covered by the 1.4 version? All weapons and vehicles? Or is still smth. missing?

From the latest update 1.3 on, this happened so far:

http://pastie.org/10861453

LJ

• Like 3

Hi LJ, I've been playing with your mod installed for the first time in a long time and though I thought that the new BIS sound system would be hard to beat, I was wrong. I don't know why I doubted, as you always bring fantastic sound design. I found only one issue that I would like to see changed, but if you never do it I will live on happily. It's the sound of retractable gear on aircraft. (actually I have only tried the helos) With all the other wonderful sound going on in the helicopter you can barely hear the sound of the gear retracting and sometimes not all. If you could tweak the volume of that a tad it would be most appreciated. It is nice to get the reassuring sound that 'yes' the gear is up, you didn't miss the button. Yes I know there is a hud element for this, so call me obsessive! Oh and perhaps slide-doors opening and closing while your at it.

Thank again LordJarhead from a very old fan! 

well ok.. i did not know how to paste the code.. He said I should use dynasound for now, because that is not causing probs he said. I guess he is only pissed off because I penetrate him with allowing DF again ... What about the author dyna?, maybe he knowas a solution for that prob?! cheers man

Any other download links other than armaholic? 2hrs :/

• Like 1

Downloading mods is becoming a problem for some people. Armaholics gets me 50 KB/sec, Steam Workshop installs mods to my already full SSD, and very few modders are providing Google Drive or Mega links. I'm doomed  :unsure:

Complaining about ppl using free download sites that provides both addon makers free file hosting and most of all players a single categorized and searchable huge database with pretty much all mods out there.

That is one of the things that makes me chuckle sensibly on a Friday evening ^_^

• Like 4

*wail*.... I dont get free stuff fast enough.... sniffle sniffle :P

.... I wanted to say more to that, but I don't have enough time, as all my free time already went into making free content :P :D

So, ONCE AGAIN,  when ever, eventually, the servers and website are back online and working, we will provide the normal mirrors and downloads so your life is easier ;)

LJ

• Like 3

Downloading mods is becoming a problem for some people. Armaholics gets me 50 KB/sec, Steam Workshop installs mods to my already full SSD, and very few modders are providing Google Drive or Mega links. I'm doomed  :unsure:

You do know that you can use a program called SteamMover that will migrate all your Steam stuff to another drive effortlessly and it works perfectly ?

• Like 2

...wait, will your website serve ice cream too?