Jump to content
CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Recommended Posts

On 1/12/2020 at 9:40 PM, Sanya said:

Guy at the video spent about 2 hours on the roof of this house [...] and after was just teleported through the wall under the fire.

 

 

3 hours ago, Sanya said:

I thought at the video will be clearly visible why in general the author created this video.

 

What you posted is just a video of somebody lagging through a wall which happen all the time in Arma3, even in vanilla. Also information like:

  • Is there a mission side antiwallhack-script running (which may teleport people)
  • Does the player in the video uses addons like advanced movement (which may also result in glitching through walls)
  • Any other addons used (atleast ACE as war as I can tell).

Also you write that laying on the building for two hours works perfectly fine and you expect us to lay two hours in the exact same spot to reproduce that bug (if we had that information in the first place)?

 

Oh and last but not least: As stated in the title post, please post bugs to our bugtracker and not in this thread.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 10:19 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

Also you write that laying on the building for two hours works perfectly fine and you expect us to lay two hours in the exact same spot to reproduce that bug (if we had that information in the first place)?

Be a little more careful. The video starts from this moment where the guy is standing.

 

On 1/13/2020 at 10:19 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

you expect us to lay two hours in the exact same spot to reproduce that bug 

I could observe that bug 5 year ago, playing on a pvp server. In general, bugs like that become actual only in pvp games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sanya said:

I thought at the video will be clearly visible why in general the author created this video.

 

Then why not add a few lines to make sure?

 

Quite frankly, a video does not even have nearly enough information. Does the mission/server have custom scripting? Was any other addon loaded? Is the problem reproducible? Is it specific to this building, or does it happen with other buildings of the same kind?

You expect something to be fixed by providing absolutely minimal information.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of a heads up, we'll be releasing Chernarus 2020 along with a patch for other terrain packages sometime early next week. 🤠

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 7:05 AM, CUP said:

A bit of a heads up, we'll be releasing Chernarus 2020 along with a patch for other terrain packages sometime early next week. 🤠


AWESOME!!!!

 

BTW you guys set a high standard for yourselves. Anytime our group plays on a terrain, one of the first questions is ‘Is there a winter version of this?’

 

lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

This pack contains:

  • Chernarus 2020

- taken from CUP Terrains - Maps 2.0

 

So the new release only contains Chernarus 2020? If I want to use the existing maps I would still have to subscribe to CUP Terrains - Maps wouldn't I? Will this map pack be updated to contain the other maps too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CUPREP #0012: New Terrains Release 1.14.0

 

Today we bring a small update to Terrains Core and Maps, in support of the launch of our new package Maps 2.0 of which more information can be found in this thread.

 

In the update for Core and maps however we bring a new modeled interior to an industrial building (Ind_Pec_02) lovingly crafted by our own @Chairborne the implementation of this building will be retroactive on all community made maps that use this building. 

 

Additionally we have performed a few minor bugfixes on some vegetation and building models. On the maps front, an update to the surfaces of all maps has been done to bring some consistency to their properties. All surfaces on our maps should now have an appropriate grass cover value, which affects how "well" AI "see" through the clutter in addition to adding of AI stance values to all surfaces as well, to prevent AI from going prone on appropriate surfaces. 

 

As always changelogs are on both our downloads page and contained within the download on steam.


Have Fun, and Bye for now!

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CUP said:

CUPREP #0012: New Terrains Release 1.14.0

 

Today we bring a small update to Terrains Core and Maps, in support of the launch of our new package Maps 2.0 of which more information can be found in this thread.

 

In the update for Core and maps however we bring a new modeled interior to an industrial building (Ind_Pec_02) lovingly crafted by our own @Chairborne the implementation of this building will be retroactive on all community made maps that use this building. 

 

Additionally we have performed a few minor bugfixes on some vegetation and building models. On the maps front, an update to the surfaces of all maps has been done to bring some consistency to their properties. All surfaces on our maps should now have an appropriate grass cover value, which affects how "well" AI "see" through the clutter in addition to adding of AI stance values to all surfaces as well, to prevent AI from going prone on appropriate surfaces. 

 

As always changelogs are on both our downloads page and contained within the download on steam.


Have Fun, and Bye for now!

 

All of you guys are amazing but I want to specially thank the man of the day, @Chairborne ! 

 

Can't wait to experience more of your work 😉

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome work, team, thanks.

The new building is really nice! There's more to it than meets the eye initially.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there! Thanks for your hard work bringing old maps to the latest standard!

I just have one question. Is it deliberate that the Chernarus stonewalls are used on the newest version of Takistan and Zargabad?

 

NwBkQVi.jpg

 

Older versions of the maps had the original Arrowhead stonewalls:

0dHPwun.jpg

 

Their .p3ds seem to share filenames, but are located in different directories:

 

Chernarus:  "wall_stone.p3d","ca\structures\wall\wall_stone.p3d"


Takistan, Zargabad:  "wall_stone.p3d","ca\structures_e\wall\wall_k\wall_stone.p3d"

If this is indeed a bug, I'll be happy to post it at the appropriate place.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, uzabit said:

Hi there! Thanks for your hard work bringing old maps to the latest standard!

I just have one question. Is it deliberate that the Chernarus stonewalls are used on the newest version of Takistan and Zargabad?

I suspect it's a bug. I am observing the same mossy green walls that you showed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CUPREP #0013: New Terrains Release 1.15.0

 

Alongside CUP's 5th anniversary, we bring another update to Terrains Core!

 

Highlights for this releas include a new modelled interior for the Arma 2 hospital once again by @Chairborne . Whom has opened up three floors with multiple rooms and many building positions for mission makers to pack AI into. As with the last opened up building this addition will be retroactive to all maps that already have the model placed down. Note that at the moment there is a small bug with glass not breaking correctly at the moment that we are aware of and hope to fix in the future.

 

20200303152855_1.jpg

 

 

 

In addition to this some smaller texture changes have been made to various objects, inlcuding all of our castle objects which now use the lovely new stone textures created by BI for Livonia. Also some older textures that are commonly shared among industrial buildings have been redone as a test of workflow and this may expand to other common textures in the future. Also some experimental upscaling of textures has been done again to most of the industrial buildings.

 

A short reminder that the CUP team is always on the lookout for talented modders to help with the maintenance and growth of CUP, if you might be tempted feel free to come chat to us on our discord.

 

 

As always changelogs are on both our downloads page and contained within the download on steam.

 

Have Fun, and Bye for now!

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fresh baked CUPdates for everyone! Thanks this is exciting.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all,

 

I'm looking for some discussion regarding an issue I've been seeing since version 1.14 of CUP Terrains Core was released and has continued with version 1.15. I rent a dedicated server for a small group of friends. Since version 1.14 of CUP Terrains Core, when playing on any terrain that relies on CUP Terrains Core, players have experienced spontaneous deaths. These deaths are always immediate, no injury or incapacitation first. They are random and can happen anywhere on the terrain. There does not seem to be any particular event associated with the death. These deaths have happened when there was no combat happening at all. The most recent one I witnessed happened as a friend and I were just standing in a field about 10 feet apart and he just fell over dead, we were on the new Chernaraus in CUP Terrains Maps 2.0. But, this has happened on several other maps that require CUP Terrains Core. Version 1.13 of CUP Terrains Core does not have this problem. And, we don't have any problems with terrains that don't depend on CUP Terrains Core. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have never ever heard of such an issue, and i cant imagine how terrains would do that. i suggest you check your modset for any weird mods that change game mechanics or do funky scripted stuff, other than that i wouldnt know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not this has been asked, but are there currently any other more buildings being remodelled in progress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no other building is planned to be remodelled for the foreseeable future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened to the attempt at porting TOH maps to A3? I remember it being mentioned here a long time ago as being WIP. Was that project abandoned, or is it still going on behind the scenes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2020 at 4:57 PM, Chairborne said:

i have never ever heard of such an issue, and i cant imagine how terrains would do that. i suggest you check your modset for any weird mods that change game mechanics or do funky scripted stuff, other than that i wouldnt know.

 

Hi Chairborne,

 

Thanks for the response.

 

My small group plays mostly the Dynamic Recon Ops mission. With our modset we can play that mission on Altis, Stratis, Livonia, or Malden2035, with no issues regarding spontaneous deaths. When we play the same mission, DRO, on the Chernarus in CUP_Maps_2.0, Roshe_Germany, or Virotali, all of which depend on CUP_Terrains_Core, any of us may die randomly several times during the mission. Again, this only started with CUP_Terrains_Core 1.14, Core 1.13 was fine. I certainly will check our modset and also try with only the minimum requirements for the maps and see what happens. Thanks again.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

Again, this only started with CUP_Terrains_Core 1.14, Core 1.13 was fine. I certainly will check our modset and also try with only the minimum requirements for the maps and see what happens. Thanks again.

 

Just for the record: Even if it only happens on non vanilla terrains, this can also mean that some third party addon is either messing with CUP configs or that some addons function were build for vanilla terrains but goes nuts on any other terrain.

Have you tried a non-CUP-Core and non vanilla terrain and check if the error persists there? How did you tested that 1.13 was fine? Did you stored a backup of the files and tested it with your current modset or is it just that you remember that the error did  not happened back then?

 

I play nearly every other day on terrains that require CUP Core and I have never observed something similar.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I reduced the modset to just what was required to run CUP_Terrains_Maps 2.0 and spontaneous dying did not occur. So you guys were correct that it is something in the modset. I have since put everything back in that we use except for Project Opfor and all seems good.. So that's the mod I suspect is causing the issue. I'm going to add it back in and test just to be sure. Thanks for the responses.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×