adanteh

Eden Feature Requests

Fantastic, indeed!

Could you make triggers area semi-spheric as an option. Cylindric areas are a little bit "mud minded" for infantry. Semi-sphere (or sphere in fact) is a 3D distance could be useful to avoid air sub-marine assets triggering, without scripting for distance.

I would like to edit unit loadout easily thats mayby only thing I am missing.

• Arsenal Integration for Units (as mentioned x times before :P )
  • Editing inventory of boxes/vehicles etc
  • Add setCaptive to attributes
  • Some kind of organisation for missions (subfolders, tags, ...)

Last point bugged me for quite some time. I create template missions for some stuff, maybe whole campaigns or other stuff that somehow needs to be grouped together.

agreed!

i was really wondering why nobody asked this in the stream: will you be able to change the loadout with the integration of virtual arsenal?!

besides that great work so far on the editor!!

I would like to edit unit loadout easily thats mayby only thing I am missing.

- add possibility for editing unit loadouts, seems pretty convoluted to have virtual arsenal as separate entity now..

Allow us to edit a unit's inventory. I didn't hear them mention anything about the Arsenal but if they integrate that it'd be fantastic.

- A virtual arsenal or 2D gear customizer when editing infantry.

Need to be able to customize the inventory of vehicles and containers. Seems basic, but it's a huge deal.

• Arsenal Integration for Units (as mentioned x times before :P )

i was really wondering why nobody asked this in the stream: will you be able to change the loadout with the integration of virtual arsenal?!

I see a feedback ticket exists, vote for it if you can: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=25808

If this is already planned, then please confirm, Bohemia! 227IgVV.png

Confirmed

All of it ? :P

I don't know if I can wait until 2016.

I need to find a time-travelling DeLorean!

• Like 2

Ability to move units by clicking and dragging their name from the list (on left) of placed assets.

The same thing the mission designer in the stream attempted to intuitively do, but was unable. This is useful when trying to move a unit over a long distance. As opposed to only being able to click and drag the unit about within the 3d space.

• Like 1

It'd be nice to have a replacement for using markers to set up multiple positions that something can randomly spawn at, since markers are restricted to 2d.

More of a bug report than a feature request:

The SHIFT key doesn't work as well as CTRL and ALT as a modifier for the mouse buttons. The SHIFT key state is only registered at the start of the click/hold, whereas it should be real time (as currently occurs with CTRL and ALT).

See feedback tracker issue: 0025845: SHIFT key does not work as real time modifier for mouse clicks

Some general feedback:

• Usability: please streamline modifiers, s.t. I can hit shift (to rotate) even if I already have something selected (i.e. placement/moving is currently active), thereby going from placement/movement mode to rotation mode in a heartbeat. Currently I have to stop placeing/moving first, then hit the modifier, and start dragging again, where as just hitting the modifier should do to toggle modes.
  • Undo, yay! But my "Ctrl-Z" doesn't work, it's "Ctrl-Y" over here... meaning my swiss keyboard-layout (or anything else than US for that matter) isn't respected.
  • About weaponholders: placing single weapons works, yay. But why is there a single magazine spawned below, individually (not already loaded)? The weapon should spawn empty, unless otherwise defined. Next: we probably also should have the option to spawn individual magazines. That seems to be missing currently.
  • Option to open/close doors.
  • Option to destroy the environment (i.e. map objects such as street lamps, windows, buildings, ...)
  • How can we add/remove objects to/from a selection of objects? Can we group/ungroup them?
  • If a unit is selected, it should also be selected in the entitiy list (to the left).

Some bugs w.r.t. models/objects:

• "Crates (Plastic)" oscillate in altitude while placing/moving along the xy-plane.
  • "Workstand" seems to have no surface defined like tables, and thus objects placed on it fall down once simulations are go.

One thing that probably could need some more streamlining/tooling are compositions, now that anyone will be able to easily put them together.

• Export everything (or just the current selection) as "free" or "anchored" compositions. A "free" composition is just a set of objects that can be translated to the desired position like current compositions. "Anchored" compositions, on the other hand, would need an "anchor" which can be substituted by any object of the same class. Positions would be relative to such an anchor object. And such an object could be a world object (already on the map), or an object placed down in the editor.

The best use case I can think of would be compositions for interiors of buildings. Decorate one building, and now you have a composition for any building of that class that can be spawned as seen fit. Quickly you end up with a (tagged) library of interiors. What if we just could select an empty building and spawn some composition for that class of building? What if we could easily extend and share such compositions?

• Let us shape the output of exported compositions in some way or another. E.g. we should be able to export an sqf that holds an array/the data of the composition, such that custom spawn scripts can easily make us of it. Maybe we'd like to dynamically spawn different objects (depending on the desired faction, or randomized).

P.S. Now that people will put down even more (small) objects, please consider fixing the range/reach of the inventory. Case in point: multiple items on a table, a weapon, a scope, magazines, maybe a helmet and a binocular. And now try to grab the stuff. <_< Two problems here:

1. Selecting a specific item is super hard. Only a single option to grab some item will show up at a time, but it's hard to control which, since items (or their action bubbles) seem to fight each other. Now, this wouldn't be so bad if it weren't not for the second problem...
  2. Open inventory. Only a single item shows up to your left.  :mellow: This is just annoying. Please make sure that all items within some graceful radius will show up too, even if those are all separate weaponholders.
    I can see that we probably do not want this behaviour with ammoboxes, there you probably just want to open one box at a time. Fine. But with small items on a heap, this is different. And given how popular looting is now a days, this probably deserves to be fixed.
  • ...oh, and maybe it's also a good time to patch up all small items and make them effective by default, s.t. that we can grab/take them and attach custom actions to them. Just like with those few intel items (but without "intel added" callback).

It would be nice if we could turn off the 3D visualisation of triggers, sometimes it gets in the way.

Additionally that 3D visualisation doesn't work with NV mode on as it just appears as a pillar of light.

• Like 1

It would be nice if one could set the view/object/shadow distances (video settings in general) independent from the main game; ingame I'm more concerned about fps, in the editor the fog of war becomes restrictive very quickly...

It would be very usefull IMO to make buildings damaged and have possibility to place objects into them. For sake of simulating the warzone atmosphere :) And thank you BIS sooo much for amazing tool :ok:

I posted this already but I think it belongs in the Eden editor request thread instead so here it is.

Great news on Eden editor BIS.

Now to my question. Will it be possible to place units eg. In fortified prone positions and export the totality of units and objects they are using for cover into a script format for use later using Eden? Something similar to arsenal exporting today.

The precise placement is fantastic in the Editor but I want to be able to spawn precisely in my missions as well.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

AFAIR, it's an engine terrain processing limitation that you can't modify preset terrain objects before actual runtime when time == 0. Not sure if the changes set off immediately when time > 0 (like, time == 0.001s (1ms, right?) or smth).

Someone should experiment on that.

I would like to see the ability to merge missions again. Also simultaneous multiplayer mission editing or at least object placement would be amazing.

• Like 7

I would like to see the ability to merge missions again.

I've never used used that :D

• Like 1

Is there a way to save a group of objects as a composition?

For example if I build an outpost and want to use it in a different mission, is there a way for me to select all the objects in that outpost, and save them as a preset in compositions>empty?

• Like 1

Is there a way to save a group of objects as a composition?

For example if I build an outpost and want to use it in a different mission, is there a way for me to select all the objects in that outpost, and save them as a preset in compositions>empty?

Yeah, this. A much more general solution than being able to just merge two missions. Now you should just be able to save one mission as composition and load it anywhere else (maybe there should be an option to load a composition with fixed/absolute coord.-sys./positions).

Eitherway, I hope it also will be super easy to share new compositions (e.g. to post/collect them here on the forums). Actually it might be worth a shot and see if it'd be feasible to fully integrate this sharing of compositions (browser/updload/download) with steam workshop or something.

Oh, and: remember the discussion about closed buildings vs. open yet empty buildings? With a 3d editor in the hands of the users, that discussion is over.

There. I said it. :lol:

Empty buildings are just perfect. What's missing is a streamlined way to decorate/populate them. What we thus need is an easily extendable library of interior compositions on the one hand, and on the other hand an easily configurable framework to spawn, keeping some kind of state, and despawn such compositions during a mission. And we get customized and super detailed building interiors (possibly with units and some waypoints/scripts and stuff), while (hopefully) still going easy enough on the CPU.

• Like 6

I'm pretty sure there will be a way to create compositions in the future. Would be really great if we could create mods for compositions too, and share them via the workshop.

It'd be great to create a composition of offsets (positions relative to a building / other object). That way, you can spawn in templates and they're aligned accordingly to the building's absolute center position.

Anybody found a way to export 3DEN objects / composition into missions playable on Stable (to make them compatible with the old mission.sqf)?

It has been stated by numerous people and on the live stream that importing missions into 3DEN and then exporting them will not work and might possibly cause a CTD.  Keep checking in the Dev build forums or here to see if someone at BIS mentions that this problem is fixed. 

Until then assume that you cant export 3DEN made missions to stable.

It'd be great to create a composition of offsets (positions relative to a building / other object). That way, you can spawn in templates and they're aligned accordingly to the building's absolute center position.

Yup, exactly what's needed for building interior compositions (or what I've called anchored [to the building] compositions above).

And with modelToWorld this is actually no big deal at all (well, I hope we do not need to rely on disableSimulation, attachTo and other stupid tricks to keep things in place - and out of the loop).

All in all we'll need:

1. free compositions (as current compositions) that only have a relative position to each other.
  2. fixed/absolute compositions (e.g. to import stuff that has been placed down on the same map)
  3. relative/anchored compositions (e.g. to a building)

Anybody found a way to export 3DEN objects / composition into missions playable on Stable (to make them compatible with the old mission.sqf)?

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to make good use of "custom tools" for such tasks. With all3DENEntities this should be a clean and easy task. We'll just have to hope the Bohemians give us the means to write to files (say, other than the rpt-file, because that sucks). I mean... just in case there won't be anything official (or it doesn't meet our standards, bwahaha). :lol:

with the 3d editor it would be great to be able to drag and drop premade scripts onto groups/units. for example patrol script (fnc_task_patrol). it would add a new level of conveneince.

of course, it may already be possible and im just missing it. in which case please share where and how...

FIrst of all EDEN is a great revamp of the editor. Keep up the good work. A few suggestions (maybe  we can already do these thing?):

1. Can we have a play animation option in EDEN (not preview) as it would make createing scences like this much easyer:

LhsKTDu.png

Though much easyer now animated objects in genral are quite hard to place as you can't see the exact world position of the objects once the animation has been run by switchMove / playmove ect. Im guessing this is posible as when you change the face of a a unit via eden it updates in eden.

2. Saw this one mentioned, before in this thread but; quickly editing the loadout via arenal in addition could this be shown in EDEN before hitting preveiw as well, for the same reason as above makes placement of units/objects easyer.

3. Small one but thats buged me for a while ( that I dont think can currently be changed at all) : http://imgur.com/RbjWOXq Changeing the call sign of a group in a MP lobby:Can the call sign option in the group window be appllied to the mp lobby screen? Small thing but helps with organisation, currrently its the number is based on what order the units where placed in. (Seen people trying to find out how to do this so many time on this fourms also).

4. Manipulate multiple objects at the same time in a simlar fasion to how you can change the atributes of a group.

5. Some guidance as well how many objects is too many objects its now too easy to get carired away :P.