Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

From what little I've seen of Xaiments's tech demos -thats a huge deal. AI pathfinding should be much improved and if it don't make it's way to us gamers - I'm starting a savings fund.

[/YOUTUBE]Hi all

Seems that the NCO's are liking VBS2.

[YOUTUBE]nhxFGp9AFKo

Kind Regards walker

Not sure if its the right place to ask, if not then ill give up. :(

If I get hold of visitor 4, will It be able to make maps for arma2 oa and will it be less painfull?

Will Visitor 4, and/or VK-edit come with the available VBS2?

The visitor 3 procedure is a pain in the *** and blocked my will to make maps. The errors vs progress is just to big. But I still got a burning desire for map making but the tools are killing me.

Not sure if its the right place to ask, if not then ill give up. :(

If I get hold of visitor 4, will It be able to make maps for arma2 oa and will it be less painfull?

Will Visitor 4, and/or VK-edit come with the available VBS2?

The visitor 3 procedure is a pain in the *** and blocked my will to make maps. The errors vs progress is just to big. But I still got a burning desire for map making but the tools are killing me.

From what I understand, they will, but all the default libraries and objects are geared towards the object set in VBS2. That being said, you could make libraries for ArmA2.

BTW if you have Skype, there is a very active map makers channel. Add me on skype: NouberNou and I can add you to the channel. I am sure someone in there can help you out with the issues you have. :) Don't give up! I want to roll armor across Jylland someday... :D

DampetDK,

To answer your question without an explination, then NO.

But, with an explination, it would be possible to use the full capabilities of Visitor 4 to place objects and use Landbuilder etc to generate vegetation and roads and the other needed things, then export the objects in a BIS V3 Format and re-import;

Another method would be too use the VBS2 V3 and populate that with everything you need, it is more stable and has a few more key functions needed and then just simply open the PEW in the BIS V3 and then export the WRP.

Regards,

Oliver Christie

P.S. Ive joined the Map Makers channel.

........ I'm thinking, not.

Seems too ..... clean a landscape and the buildings look a bit simplistic.

Is it that Russian Military simulator they are building themselves ....... saw pictures somewhere else, cant remember where.

xaitMap Integration due in VBS2 v1.60

MsgCLX84RZo

edit: video now fixed, thanks jblackrupert

Edited by Mack.
youtube problems

xaitMap Integration due in VBS2 v1.60

MsgCLX84RZo

edit: video doesnt show for some reasons. Search xaitMap Integration vbs2 in youtube to see.

Fixed it for you.

You don't put the entire Youtube video URL between the tags, just the part after the "=" sigh. in this case MsgCLX84RZo

I love especially the xiatment thingy. The rest is quite awesome too, and AI having the abillity to really use buildings to their advantage is now within the feasible, I guess.

I hope some of the advances made in VBS will also come over to Arma 3, where they make sense in a game.

@Xaitment: :eek:

OMFG, name your price BI, i'm speechless....

That interior pathfinding is just so, I literally got goosebumps watching :(

Edited by froggyluv

Hi all

Russia is looking to create its own version of a VBS like simulation training system for its military:

http://lapardin.wordpress.com/2011/08/26/russia-looks-to-match-us-on-virtual-battlefield/

The question is have the rusians the sense to realise that it needs to be a COTS system buil on a game engine? Or will they fall in to the bespoke trap?

Kind Regards walker

V.1.50 has just been released.

Edited by Mack.
Spelling

Can someone with VBS2 provide me more shots of this object:

You can see it in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql0Q-EHWOQc by visim.net

I need to recreate it for my A2 map.

Hi IceBreakr,

it's not one of the "official" maps that come with VBS2 itself. It's made by "Virtual Simulation Systems". I doubt that anyone of the serious gamer community has access to it.

Jens

Thanks, Nou gave me that info few hours ago. I've contacted them if they have some blueprints etc. tnx guys.