On 12/01/2019 at 1:14 PM, soul_assassin said:

More WIP :)

maybe Soviet 2s1 gvozdika? 122mm Self Propelled Howitzer.

Edited by R0adki11
no quoting images

1 minute ago, SUNDRYH said:

maybe Soviet 2S3 Akatsiya ? 152mm Self Propelled Howitzer. 

2S1 Gvozdika. The 2S3 has been in the mod since the first release.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, soul_assassin said:

2S1 Gvozdika. The 2S3 has been in the mod since the first release.

So I changed the comments in a hurry, but you already retweeted my comments :D

On 12/01/2019 at 1:14 PM, soul_assassin said:

More WIP :)

Oh, wait. This 2S1 chassis is MT-LB. Would you like to made model a separate armored car? MT-LB is a Russian version of M113.

Edited by R0adki11
no quoting images

1 minute ago, SUNDRYH said:

Oh, wait. This 2S1 chassis is MT-LB. Would you like to made model a separate armored car? MT-LB is a Russian version of M113.

We know what an MTLB is :) maybe it will come sometime.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, il_padrino said:

Some new SOCOM toys coming up soon™.  (repost from VK)

(pic)

Daaaamnnn, very much looking forward to all of this!!! Great work from you guys! :smileee:

13 minutes ago, SUNDRYH said:

this comment made my day. cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, SUNDRYH said:

i think MT-LB will come after LAV-25 and RPK

• Haha 3
  • Sad 3

any chance you guys would look at tweaking the LODs on the M1232 and M1237 MRAP vehicles? as you can see on the left-most vehicle below, with the LODs the chassis disappears entirely, leaving wheels and a cabin. would be fine on most vehicles, but with how high the cabin sits above the chassis on the RG33, its a little strange looking.

Mgn7cDc.jpg

• Like 1

will the scar have the laser and light combo like the m4 or just one each?

9 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

any chance you guys would look at tweaking the LODs on the M1232 and M1237 MRAP vehicles? as you can see on the right-most vehicle below, with the LODs the chassis disappears entirely, leaving wheels and a cabin. would be fine on most vehicles, but with how high the cabin sits above the chassis on the RG33, its a little strange looking.

Haha good catch, did those LODs pretty quickly. I added some chassis geo into the farthest LODs, so that is now fixed. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, payne2010 said:

will the scar have the laser and light combo like the m4 or just one each?

I've made top-mounted and combo attachments to fit the SCARs.

It works the same way as the HK416 versions work via a script to swap the attachment. i.e. they might disappear when you re-open the Arsenal and modify your weapon again :D

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

For those of you who don't follow us on FB, here's a screen of the new Gvozdika model in game. (bare in mind that its state is not final yet :) )

45822131475_a50354e0ba_o.png

and a bonus one :)

45822611435_070af6ae39_o.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, il_padrino said:

here's a screen of the new Gvozdika model in game

Great textures, flat (not-shiny) but with a strong sense of depth. Reminds me of Topas' work.

• Like 3

Quick question about the SCAR's. 

From recent screens, it looks you're not going with the foregrip attachment built in. Are we looking at another situation where we'll have to choose between foregrip/bipod?

Appreciate all you guys do!

RHS vertical front grips are essentially  using the bipod slots, so yes. it’s one or the other ( or the gripod)

• Like 1

Pretty sure one of the 3CB marksman rifles which uses a similar (if not the same) "front grip in bipod slot" mechanic has a grip+bipod item. 
Might be worth checking out?

33 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

Pretty sure one of the 3CB marksman rifles which uses a similar (if not the same) "front grip in bipod slot" mechanic has a grip+bipod item. 
Might be worth checking out?

We've added some of these for the M249 but it's not really possible to do for all weapons because the bottom rails are a variety of different lengths: Suitable position of the bipod relative to the grip position is not a fixed distance.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

We've added some of these for the M249 but it's not really possible to do for all weapons because the bottom rails are a variety of different lengths: Suitable position of the bipod relative to the grip position is not a fixed distance.

Yeah, I commented on that ticket a while back. I was hoping we'd get a similar effect of the mk 16 and 17 with built in foregrips kind of like how you guys had a M27 model with the foregrip attached, then one could add the bipod.

No matter. The models are beautiful and the content is always appreciated. Not trying to pick nits.

• Like 2

The IAR gets by because really there are only 2 models so it's easy to keep them updated and consistent (more if you count the other 416s, but the M27 has more significant differences from those than the SCARs do from each other). Also the model already existed from before we had customisable grips, and had to have extra models for each one instead. It probably wouldn't exist otherwise, and did come close to just being removed when we updated to using customisable grips.

Between USAF and SAF we already have 6 SCAR-17 models (3 different barrel lengths and US and Euro selector switches for each). So it can already be a burden if some small adjustment needs making all models, and checked over to be certain that that named properties, section counts and UV sets don't unintentionally end up where they shouldn't be.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hey Guys,

I really tried to find it, but it seems I suck at it (google and poking around in the config viewer didn't help). Can anyone please give me the classname of the smoke rounds the american m252 Mortar uses?

Thank you.

Alright, a little update about a feature request someone asked for a really long time ago. In our first release of the old FMTVs, they had overhead protection fitted. When we injected the new model, we got rid of that. Now, I am happy to announce a lot of the US MRAPs and trucks will get some new customization options for the Objective Gunner Protection Kit (O-GPK) turrets. 

dB3rwKv.jpg

JrYRwgS.jpg5yCP91F.jpg

Here you can see the features demonstrated on the RG-33L 6X6 (M1232) MRAP. There are 2 customization options: the Overhead protection kit, which is functional, and a turret bustle, which is cosmetic. Both can be enabled independently.

This will be available on the following vehicles:

• M1232/M1237 MRAP (RG-33L 6X6)
  • M1220/M1230 MRAP (Caiman)
  • M1078A1P2-B/M1083A1P2-B/M1084A1P2-B (Armored FMTV with turret)
  • M977A4-B (Armored HEMTT with turret)

We've also added a few other customization options to existing MRAPs, such as hiding the Rhino Counter-IED system. Enjoy!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

48 minutes ago, Richards.D said:

Alright, a little update about a feature request someone asked for a really long time ago. In our first release of the old FMTVs, they had overhead protection fitted. When we injected the new model, we got rid of that. Now, I am happy to announce a lot of the US MRAPs and trucks will get some new customization options for the Objective Gunner Protection Kit (O-GPK) turrets. 

Great to see that the virtual garage solution was applicable :)  I dare say that it´s looking... splendid.

• Haha 1