Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, G. Miller said:

Im pretty sure I saw at some point a M-ATV that was built from RHS on Twitch probably a couple of years back. What happened to it? Did it get scrapped? 

we don't really scrap all that many models, not to my knowledge. it is dormant on @gurdy's HDD afaik, he had some random WW2 bug and/or he had enough of doing murican stuff for a bit ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37621905_2072516929427956_36291045961121

 

Is that a UH-1D/H or do mine eyes deceive?    Nice looking cap too. 

 

 

 

  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, G. Miller said:

Im pretty sure I saw at some point a M-ATV that was built from RHS on Twitch probably a couple of years back. What happened to it? Did it get scrapped? 

 

A fine question. It is not.. the model I did wasn't very, well how do I say, good. It wasn't very good lol. We'll probably re-visit it soon-ish, but I have 2 projects (1 at least), I want to bang out before I either do the M-ATV, or something secret :), or maybe Gurdy will finish it. We shall see!

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do love the M113. I really appreciate all the work that goes into RHS stuff. In game I don't notice it much, but the quality can be seen in screenshots such as these. Keep up the good (hard) work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. I've just been reskinning them for another project. They are great models.

 

One thing, in the next update to the RHS packs (Tank DLC fixes, plus whatever comes with the next BIS update), I was wondering if there will be anything fixed / added or altered in the US and AFRF packs that may break a mod dependent upon them? Say...classname changes for example that would break my current inheritances. Things like that.

 

Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, evrik said:

Say...classname changes for example that would break my current inheritances. Things like that.

 

Thanks.


We always try to avoid that with rerouting classnames to keep as much backwards compatibility as possible. And if its not possile, we'll make sure to inform people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, evrik said:

Say...classname changes for example that would break my current inheritances.

We try to avoid doing such things, unless there was a typo or something that made the classname itself a problem.

If a class is to be replaced by something, we tend to keep the old classname around, scope it out and reconfigure it to point to a copy of its intended replacement.

 

There may be some exceptional circumstances like the Dynamic Loadouts thing for aircraft: Where we were totally redoing ammo and magazines in a way where the old ammo and magazines wouldn't have worked with the new system anyway. So it was "okay" to discard some of them. But even then, we kept hidden classes or aircraft with their old loudouts, using the new system so that missions should load the units as-was (minus me making a typo in one of the MELB's classnames :D).

 

We are however intending to re-equip some of the GREF units with different weapons for several reasons. This may impact on units that directly inherit loadouts from the existing GREF stuff, or scenarios that adjust the magazine allocations to default GREF units via script/initline. It shouldn't affect those done through the Eden loadout editor however; since that should define the weapon too.

Down the line, our effort will probably result in a couple of classesnames being removed from the GREF part of the mod, but not from the mod as a whole.

We wont do this until after the next version of the mod though, specifically because we want to give people plenty of time to adjust to use the new stuff while the old stuff is still there. And to update their modset if they need to continue using the parts that are no longer wanted in GREF.

We'll be explaining the rationale behind it, along with the next release.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks both for the clarification. I thought that would be the case. Consider the question a sudden case of panic due to the fact I've spent many, many hours recently writing config dealing with RHS vehicle inheritances. I was momentarily overwhelmed with fear at the thought of having to redo large parts of it! :D

 

Keep up the good work. Can't wait for the next release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

iSeYW4b.jpg

Texture progress on L1A1 (note that the lower receiver and pistol grip are currently untextured)

  • Like 38
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very Nice. Who is going to be using this? Is this one of the Gref weapon changes da12thMonkey mentioned above? I am intrigued by you called it an L1A1 (BAF designation) rather than the the FN FAL. If not a new BAF faction, perhaps a Commonwealth (style) one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gfelton said:

Texture progress on L1A1 (note that the lower receiver and pistol grip are currently untextured)

Amazing. Will you be using toadie's FAL anims or have you made your own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, evrik said:

Is this one of the Gref weapon changes da12thMonkey mentioned above?

It's not ingame yet (as stated, it's not fully textured yet even). So no I wasn't referring to this one.

Most likely will be amongst the weapons we use to equip HIDF as the faction becomes more developed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely stuff. Sort of like the old Takistan faction with their FALs rather than AKs. A nice bit of variation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gfelton said:

iSeYW4b.jpg

Texture progress on L1A1 (note that the lower receiver and pistol grip are currently untextured)

 

 

I have a question, but FN FAL is a weapon from the year 54. Are you willing to install the Picatinny rail as shown in the following link? Or is it made only in the form of a mechanical sights only with GFRF's exclusive weapon?

 

http://machinesforwar.blogspot.com/2016/07/belgian-fn-fal-762-nato-with-eotech.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it'd be as heavily modified as your pic, but I don't see why the wouldn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there any way to remove the rail covers on the m16a4 and the m4a1? i mount lasers and lights but i still see the left side cover mounted on the rail of both rifles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cpt.ghost said:

is there any way to remove the rail covers on the m16a4 and the m4a1?

No

Because Weapon animation sources cannot be fed values via scripts like vehicles can, it can't be something that is controllable without making a bunch of extra weapon models without covers, or a bunch of extra attachment models with all the available configurations of rail covers - we wont be doing that.

 

We can randomise whether the covers show, using the objRandom animation source. It's something that reyhard wanted to experiment with on weapon models, to see if it works or not.

Edit: there are issue with the randomisation happening again when the weapon is dropped and picked up, grip attachment is switched (as this spawns a new weapon class for the alternate handanim), etc. etc. So it's perhaps not an ideal feature to add - but maybe no harm in adding it for a while to see if people are okay with it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SUNDRYH said:

 

 

I have a question, but FN FAL is a weapon from the year 54. Are you willing to install the Picatinny rail as shown in the following link? Or is it made only in the form of a mechanical sights only with GFRF's exclusive weapon?

 

http://machinesforwar.blogspot.com/2016/07/belgian-fn-fal-762-nato-with-eotech.html

 

7wYxvepLwBw.jpg

 

This pictures was shared on the RHS VK page some time ago... so, at least some Picatinny rail.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

 

7wYxvepLwBw.jpg

 

This pictures was shared on the RHS VK page some time ago... so, at least some Picatinny rail.

 

 

It is very unfortunate that there is no attachment rail at the vertical handle position. Or are you willing to stick it in the middle of your work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
11 hours ago, gfelton said:

iSeYW4b.jpg

Texture progress on L1A1 (note that the lower receiver and pistol grip are currently untextured)

Fantastic work, looks like a prime candidate to either replace or augment the M16a4 (or the a2 that has been teased and may or may not be in the pipe :icon_bash:) for the Horizon Islands Defense Force.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

No

Because Weapon animation sources cannot be fed values via scripts like vehicles can, it can't be something that is controllable without making a bunch of extra weapon models without covers, or a bunch of extra attachment models with all the available configurations of rail covers - we wont be doing that.

 

We can randomise whether the covers show, using the objRandom animation source. It's something that reyhard wanted to experiment with on weapon models, to see if it works or not.

Edit: there are issue with the randomisation happening again when the weapon is dropped and picked up, grip attachment is switched (as this spawns a new weapon class for the alternate handanim), etc. etc. So it's perhaps not an ideal feature to add - but maybe no harm in adding it for a while to see if people are okay with it

thanks for the clarification i was wondering if this thing possible i enjoined the 416 more because of the rail cover on the m4/m16 but thats okay all RHS content is awesome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SUNDRYH said:

 

 

It is very unfortunate that there is no attachment rail at the vertical handle position. Or are you willing to stick it in the middle of your work?

 

I'm not the creator or even a part of the RHS team. So, I'm the wrong person to talk to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, gfelton said:

Texture progress on L1A1 (note that the lower receiver and pistol grip are currently untextured)

 

Damn that looks good! Any chance it'll have rifle grenades? Not nearly enough around that I've seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, b00ce said:

Fantastic work, looks like a prime candidate to either replace or augment the M16a4 (or the a2 that has been teased and may or may not be in the pipe :icon_bash:) for the Horizon Islands Defense Force.

what A2 that's been teased? I've never seen any indication that RHS was making one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×